samsung JU7100 - Page 289 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4827Likes

post #8641 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I bought the ju7100 as it looked pretty future proof. But hdr is moving unbelievably fast.

But I'm keeping this one till samsung starts with amoled TVs and hdr finally reached its standard.

I think HDR on a amoled or Oled panel with 1000 nits will blow away all the Fald TVs available now.

But still love my ju7000!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8642 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.E. View Post
hehe, your story sounds similar to my.

Yes, Xbox one S does read HDR even with GAME MODE ON. You check out Netflix HDR titles and it still reads it even if you have Game Mode on! And keep in mind that when regular content plays, the back-light and brightness settings change. It shouldn't;t be bright at all unless you have it on DYNAMIC mode which is not recommended at all!
Glad to hear I'm not alone. Haha! And super glad to hear the settings work with game mode turned on as lag is definitely noticeable on this set.

Yea, I get that the back light and brightness settings change depending on whether the source is HDR or not. It's just that when HDR is enabled that TV is pretty damn bright in a dim room. It looks impressive I just wonder if I watched an entire show in HDR if it'd feel overwhelming over time. But perhaps this isn't the case. I hope not anyway!
O.E. likes this.
post #8643 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynozebz View Post

Then that PS4 Pro event happened. lol
.....which is what has caused me weeks of frustration ever since!

I was so set on the PS4 "Neo" (now Pro) having a UHD Bluray player with Atmos and DTS:X codecs along with upconverted graphics. And then they smacked me in the face and said it didn't play UHD Blurays.....WHAT???!!! WHY???!!!

So, now I am torn between getting the Playstation VR...

or

getting the "interim" Playstation, PS4 Pro...

or

waiting until next year and getting the Xbox Scorpio.

I just can't understand why Sony would release this system without including 4k Bluray playback. Yes, I know there is plenty of 4k content via streaming, but I can already do that with the 7100's built in apps and Dish's Hopper 3.

On a side, but I believe related note, if Sony believes that streaming is the future, they need to have a long chat with several ISPs here in the US. Thankfully, Charter doesn't throttle bandwidth (yet), otherwise that would negate investing in a player solely for 4k streaming.

And, it remains to be seen if HDR and/or upconversion will be included in multiplayer gaming (which I enjoy most).

Rant over....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8644 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgator25 View Post

I was so set on the PS4 "Neo" (now Pro) having a UHD Bluray player with Atmos and DTS:X codecs along with upconverted graphics. And then they smacked me in the face and said it didn't play UHD Blurays.....WHAT???!!! WHY???!!!

or

or

I just can't understand why Sony would release this system without including 4k Bluray playback. Yes, I know there is plenty of 4k content via streaming, but I can already do that with the 7100's built in apps and Dish's Hopper 3.

On a side, but I believe related note, if Sony believes that streaming is the future, they need to have a long chat with several ISPs here in the US. Thankfully, Charter doesn't throttle bandwidth (yet), otherwise that would negate investing in a player solely for 4k streaming.

And, it remains to be seen if HDR and/or upconversion will be included in multiplayer gaming (which I enjoy most).

Rant over....
Im picking up my Xbox one S tommorow and sold my normal one for €150.

Couldn't resist the uhd BluRay player and read that because of the 4k upscaling from the xbox you actually gain detail and lose a lot of color banding.

Scorpio is pre-ordered at my local store.

wildgator25 likes this.
post #8645 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:

or

or

Rant over....
Yea, I felt similarly. I was really looking forward to the PS4 Neo and the added benefit of a (assumed) UHD Drive was pushing me over the edge. I couldn't believe they didn't they didn't include it when the cheaper Xbox One S had it. Baffling. I was let down and decided to stick with my current PS4 for the time being.

But then I started watching some of those 4K streams (yes the games aren't running native 4k and are doing some processing to scale them up in this way etc.) and some of those games look great if the streams tell the truth. I'm starting to convince myself that maybe I can live without the UHD player for the time being and just enjoy the gaming upgrades it's going to net me. I'm not completely ready to start shelling out $30 a disc to update my BluRay collection now anyway. Haha.

The other issue is what games really will support the Pro? Will developers have the budget/bandwidth to do this for every game? It's kind of asking a lot from Sony, I think. Not sure how tough it'd be. I guess they already tweak settings on a PC so maybe they just create two builds of the same game with varying settings.

Xbox Scorpio is interesting to me as well. I own all of the current consoles but I've played my Xbox the least this generation. I think we're going to see this hardware upgrade incrementally more often now to try and keep up with PCs (Yea, right. lol). Anyway... PS4 Pro was a bit of a let down but I'd love to see some 4K HDR content on my TV and if I'm going to plunk down cash on a box it might as well upgrade my games as well, I guess. I can always sell my old PS4.
wildgator25 likes this.
post #8646 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncernl90 View Post
Im picking up my Xbox one S tommorow and sold my normal one for €150.

Couldn't resist the uhd BluRay player and read that because of the 4k upscaling from the xbox you actually gain detail and lose a lot of color banding.

Scorpio is pre-ordered at my local store.

The audio codecs have kept me from purchasing the Xbox One S. And, I just can't justify buying a stand-alone UHD player, especially since they are still $300 or greater.
post #8647 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

The other issue is what games really will support the Pro? Will developers have the budget/bandwidth to do this for every game? It's kind of asking a lot from Sony, I think. Not sure how tough it'd be. I guess they already tweak settings on a PC so maybe they just create two builds of the same game with varying settings.
All PS4 games released after the Pro launch must have a pro mode.
post #8648 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

or

or

Rant over....

Sony truly blew it with the PS4 PRO. They certainly got too comfortable on the lead and have already begun to make mistakes (PRO, Mods with Skyrim, Fallout, etc)

Sony destroyed the competition with the PS2 and PS3 thanks to DVD's and Blu Ray's respectively. They say that physical medium is dying? That is not true at all! The reason for the gimp PS4PRO was to keep the price down. With MS having true 4K with XboxOneS and a future patch allowing Atmos and DTS-X, the system will surely sell well on those features alone till Scorpio comes out next year!
post #8649 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
With MS having true 4K with XboxOneS and a future patch allowing Atmos and DTS-X, the system will surely sell well on those features alone till Scorpio comes out next year!
That's just it.... future patch. Sony and Microsoft are starting to treat their products like the cell phone manufacturers. Buy this new one now and it's the best thing since sli..... oh but wait, the next big thing is coming soon! Pre-order now! So, you're left to wait on patches (which should sound familiar to those still waiting on the Netflix HDR patch for our 7100s), or you move on to the "best" console available (at the time, depending on "patches").

Why in the world Sony made such hoopla about including HDR on all PS4s is beyond me, especially when they had just announced they were working with Netflix (and Amazon?) on a 4k app for the PS4 Pro. So, does that mean that eventually the original PS4 and PS4 Slim (also a joke SKU) will get their respective Netflix (and Amazon?) patch??

Patches? We don't need no stinking patches!
post #8650 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny88 View Post
All PS4 games released after the Pro launch must have a pro mode.
Really? I don't remember seeing this. I know there have been many games that have already launched who have said they won't have a patch ready for PS4 Pro (Destiny, Witcher, etc.)

Playstation is killing it this generation honestly. They've had a healthy lead for the entire lifespan of the PS4 and IMO the better console (and I own both and was a huge 360 fan last gen). That said I do think here recently they seem to be making some strange calls. Feels more like the Sony of old then the Sony of a few years ago.

But in terms of the Xbox One S over the PS4 Pro... it depends on what you're most excited to do with it, I guess. The Xbox One S isn't going to feature upgrades to gaming on the system (maybe HDR?) which is what I'm most interested in. You'll have to wait for Scorpio to do that and we won't be seeing that until at least holiday 2017. I already have an Xbox One that I barely use (mostly for exclusives) because games tend to run better on PS4 currently anyway.

The thought of getting my specs bumped on my PS4 is exciting and it's only like a month away! I'm less interested in buying UHD BluRays because they're still having to be purchased at a premium cost. Tho I wish they could have future proofed the thing a bit by including the UHD player. I'm not in any hurry to start buying them. But I game a lot and could see the benefits of using that console on my 4K TV for gaming. And like someone said earlier... we're going to keep getting incremental updates, I think. It wouldn't surprise me to see the UHD player added to the PS4 Pro next holiday when the Scorpio drops. We'll treat consoles like we do iPhones. Haha! Buy the next to upgrade and sell the old to cover a chunk of the cost.

Just my two cents. This JU7100 thread has turned into a gaming thread today. Sorry guys.
post #8651 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Haha

I am actually tech-savvy when it comes to this!

The FW was downloaded by itself by Samsung. (Correction, I have 1461.2 FW) ....
So you can see why I asked where you got 1462 from...
wildgator25 likes this.
post #8652 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Really? I don't remember seeing this. I know there have been many games that have already launched who have said they won't have a patch ready for PS4 Pro (Destiny, Witcher, etc.)
Old games: Voluntary.

New games: Obligatory.

Personally I don't care for UHD blu ray player. Have never bought, rented or borrowed one single blu ray movie ever for either my PS3 or 4.

If you must have one, then probably X1S or Scorpio is what you should get.

Me on the other hand,,, Im counting the days for when Battlefield 1 launches and of course will have a pro mode
post #8653 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Old games: Voluntary.

New games: Obligatory.

Personally I don't care for UHD blu ray player. Have never bought, rented or borrowed one single blu ray movie ever for either my PS3 or 4.

If you must have one, then probably X1S or Scorpio is what you should get.

Me on the other hand,,, Im counting the days for when Battlefield 1 launches and of course will have a pro mode

I'm sure I'll end up getting both because I'm a sucker like that.

Not a huge Battlefield fan myself. There are lots of titles this fall/winter that I'm stoked for tho. CoD, Titanfall, Final Fantasy, Skyrim, to name a few.
post #8654 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
hehe, your story sounds similar to my.

Yes, Xbox one S does read HDR even with GAME MODE ON. You check out Netflix HDR titles and it still reads it even if you have Game Mode on! And keep in mind that when regular content plays, the back-light and brightness settings change. It shouldn't;t be bright at all unless you have it on DYNAMIC mode which is not recommended at all!
The question is, does the 7100 send an HDR signal in gaming mode?
post #8655 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I just bought the SM Remote Control...

http://www.ebay.it/itm/160978798087

TV LG 55B6v SB Samsung F355 TV2-Monitor Samsung UE32C6510 ColorimeterX-Rite EODIS3 i1 Display Pro (Rev B-02 Profiled by JETI 1211) Pattern Generator Raspberry Pi3 3DLUT BOX Truvue eeColor Router Netgear R7000+Open DD-WRT MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2009 SSD+HDD Console XboxOne S 1TB GoW4 Bundle Blu-ray Player Sony UBP-X800 - Panasonic DMP-UB310
post #8656 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
The question is, does the 7100 send an HDR signal in gaming mode?
Several people have confirmed that yes it does.
post #8657 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Quoted: 4011 Post(s)
Liked: 3183
Quote:
I feel your pain on this. I bought this TV in July when my wife approved my 75 inch TV purchase (still boggles my mind how she allowed me to do this lol). I worked quickly before she changed her mind. :P I went and looked at them, I researched them and I spent $3300 on the thing I thought looked best at the time. Of course I could tell the SUHD TVs looked better but at this size I couldn't afford to step up any higher so I bit the bullet and have been enjoying it ever since.

Then that PS4 Pro event happened. lol Everyone started talking about HDR and suddenly I was starting to understand what it was. I figured I was all good since I had remembered reading a post here that we were supposed to get it via an update. Being an idiot I just figured it was no big deal and we could get it in software. After following this thread for several months it's quite obvious that this TV doesn't fully support HDR content. Yea, they released an update that will allow it to interpret HDR footage and skew some settings to give it a "similar" feel. But it's not the thing everyone is hyped about. I feel a little bit of buyers remorse, I'm not gonna lie. It will be a while before I'll be approved again for another expensive TV purchase. Haha. I could have easily had a 65 inch SUHD TV for less money but I really wanted a 75 inch screen.

So anyway... I've been thinking about it and wondering how fake or half baked HDR would look and feel on the 7100. I've been considering upgrading to the PS4 Pro as I play a lot of games there. I've not run any mods nor do I have a set top box that supports 4K or HDR. I've been watching 4K content on Amazon, Netflix and YouTube but none of it currently supports HDR. So I did a little not so scientific test. Haha.

Again... I'm not expert but I saw that Sony had a HDR 4K demo available for download (Thanks to someone who linked me to this site here. Sadly can't remember what the site was now). I had seen it previously on YouTube in 4K but it wasn't pulling an HDR signal of course. So I downloaded the movie file and put it on a data drive. Then I watched the HDR clip and the YouTube clip back to back. Yes, I realize they aren't going to be perfect because they are from different sources by stick with me. :P

I noted the settings when watching the HDR clip on the jump drive. Yes, the backlight jumps to 20 and the contrast maxes out. But the detailed color settings info I inputted into the TV remained. The YouTube clip was much less vibrant as expected. But it was using my old, standard settings. What if I just maxed out the contrast and backlight for the YouTube clip? Then everything could have this fake HDR look! lol I tried it and the colors looked washed out compared to the saturated and rich colors of the file with HDR on. It was clear to me that when the TV is pulling an HDR signal it's doing... something... to make the image look remarkably better. It was night and day.

So while this might not be "true" HDR the results were still pretty damn impressive. It's pulling in new color info that it didn't seem to have before. I also noticed that when playing that HDR clip a setting popped up in the picture menu for "UHD Color." It's not available when I watch 4K in Netflix (and anywhere else for that matter). It only appeared when watching the HDR signal. So while this isn't perfect it does give me some hope that HDR content will look pretty good on our expensive investments regardless of the fact that it's not full HDR 10.

I am still curious about a couple things tho...

1. Game Mode - Will HDR work with game mode enabled? I found a site with people who have our TV and the Xbox One S and they say it does as long as you set the Xbox to UHD Color.

2. When the TV is pulling an HDR signal the image does look really gorgeous. But how will this feel for an entire episode of a TV show or other content? Will the image feel too bright? Will I be burning my retinas out watching this thing like it's in torch mode?! I need to see more HDR content to really know, I guess.

Anyway... just saw your struggle and wanted to let you know your'e not alone. It's kind of rushed my decision on the TV and while I like it I don't think it's perfect. Hope this helps.
Your Color settings mean nothing in regards to HDR. If calibrated, leave Color Space on Custom, elsewise Auto if not.
HDR bypasses Color Space settings altogether, and uses settings Samsung setup for Native in the ASM Advance Menu.
Personally tested with my Calman Software and meters when, what setting to use came up.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
post #8658 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Your Color settings mean nothing in regards to HDR. If calibrated, leave Color Space on Custom, elsewise Auto if not.
HDR bypasses Color Space settings altogether, and uses settings Samsung setup for Native in the ASM Advance Menu.
Personally tested with my Calman Software and meters when, what setting to use came up.
I see. It's interesting that when in HDR mode the TV still allows you to set those color settings. But it's clear to me that the colors look vastly different then what the image typically offers with other types of content. But you're right, changing those settings didn't appear to have any effect on the image when viewing HDR content. Because it's pulling from that standard "HDR" data, I suppose. Regardless it looks nicer! I wish all of my content could look like that! Haha!
post #8659 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 05:10 PM

Note: there are some very MINOR differences between Auto, Native and Custom when in HDR, else wise, scanning the Primaries and Secondaries with HDR10 signals applied, gave virtually identical graphs, no matter what the Color Space setting.
rynozebz likes this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
post #8660 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Apologies in advance if these are dumb questions.

1. Is there any way to watch 4kHDR titles on this TV in actual 4Khdr without a 4kplayer and without doing the JSMod? For example, Amazon has a bunch of things in 4kHDR on the Samsung app. Are they actually streaming in ultra Hd when I click on them? Bosch looks great when I watch it, but I'm just curious what definition I'm actually watching it in because of the limitations of this TV. Do I need to enable the UHD color setting or does that not matter?

2. Same goes for netflix and their 4k titles listed on the Samsung app.

Thanks.
post #8661 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper73 View Post
Apologies in advance if these are dumb questions.

1. Is there any way to watch 4kHDR titles on this TV in actual 4Khdr without a 4kplayer and without doing the JSMod? For example, Amazon has a bunch of things in 4kHDR on the Samsung app. Are they actually streaming in ultra Hd when I click on them? Bosch looks great when I watch it, but I'm just curious what definition I'm actually watching it in because of the limitations of this TV. Do I need to enable the UHD color setting or does that not matter?

2. Same goes for netflix and their 4k titles listed on the Samsung app.

Thanks.
NO Amazon HDR, and NO NetFlix HDR! Requires an external device, plugged into this set for those. (will the onboard ever be fixed - who knows?)
4K HDR on thumb drive, or hard drive, and/or a 4K UHD Player: good to go.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
post #8662 of 10384 Old 09-21-2016, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Thanks, p5browne!
post #8663 of 10384 Old 09-22-2016, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can someone explain this 2% peak brigthness benchmark on rtings website to me?

Does it mean when the whole screen is black and only 2% of the screen is showing something? If this is the case then i think this never really happens in movies when the whole screen is blank with a few pixels showing something. Is this something to bother about?
post #8664 of 10384 Old 09-22-2016, 05:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrat123 View Post
Can someone explain this 2% peak brigthness benchmark on rtings website to me?

Does it mean when the whole screen is black and only 2% of the screen is showing something? If this is the case then i think this never really happens in movies when the whole screen is blank with a few pixels showing something. Is this something to bother about?
http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/pictu...comparison_141

There you go. Explains it better than I can.

Check out the sections on Peak 2% and Sustained 2% and those are what you are looking for. With the 7100, it is not going to be a factor. As you start looking at the newer KS models, then you see the values are much higher than the JU, JS, and KU models.

Last edited by wildgator25; 09-22-2016 at 05:41 AM.
post #8665 of 10384 Old 09-22-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post
So you can see why I asked where you got 1462 from...

Hehe yeah..but regardless my screen is different from what I seen online fron other users..

In the first pick.. I am suppose to write down the WIFI vendor just in case for later tweaking if errors pop out.. There's no vendor listing in the first picture..

And there's no Model listing as well on the 2nd picture.

I am trying to follow the instructions but I get slam rather quick..
Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160922_084344.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	1675593   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160922_084312.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1675601  
post #8666 of 10384 Old 09-22-2016, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Non JS Mod Calibration

New Calibration
Firmware 1461.2
i1 Display Pro profiled with i1 Pro 2
HCFR 3.4.2
Ted's Lightspace CMS Calibration BluRay via PS4
Samsung UN55JU7100 with TS01 Panel

BT 1886/Rec 709 Calibration
Resulting Gamma of 2.37

** Adjustments Made in Service Menu 1st **

White Balance Offsets changed from 128/128/128 to 114/114/114

White Balance Gains changed from 123/128/130 to 123/128/139

Picture Mode: Movie (Can use CalDay or CalNight)
Backlight: 10
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 25
Color: 50
Tint: G50/R50
Fit to Screen: On
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Gamma: 0
Color Tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: Auto
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black Level: Low
HDMI UHD Color: Off
Film Mode: Auto2
Auto Motion Plus: Clear
Smart LED: High

Color Space calibrated with 100% Saturation/75% Luminance patterns

Color Space: Custom

Red: 51/0/0
Green: 9/55/0
Blue: 0/5/58
Yellow: 52/51/1
Cyan: 7/52/52
Magenta: 47/1/53

2 Point:

R-Offset: -19
G-Offset: 0
B-Offset: -25
R-Gain: -14
G-Gain: -7
B-Gain: -16

10 Point:

10%: 27/50/7
20%: 17/18/19
30%: 3/-2/6
40%: 1/-3/10
50%: -1/-7/-2
60%: -6/-9/-8
70%: -15/-15/-15
80%: -10/-10/-6
90%: -8/-8/-6
100%: 5/-3/-1

**** Updated 9/22/16 ****

This is mostly for my records and convenience. But, if this helps anyone then I'm happy to oblige.

This calibration was my first after removing the JS Mod. I plan on doing some work this weekend or sooner to see if I can get deeper Blacks and brighter Whites without wrecking the in-between. Will post as necessary.

This calibration is also for my viewing preference, which is in a semi-bright room for 80% of the viewing time. Hence the reason for a higher Backlight which results in around 45 ftL.

Last edited by wildgator25; 09-22-2016 at 08:28 AM.
post #8667 of 10384 Old 09-22-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
New Calibration
Firmware 1461.2
i1 Display Pro profiled with i1 Pro 2
HCFR 3.4.2
Ted's Lightspace CMS Calibration BluRay via PS4
Samsung UN55JU7100 with TS01 Panel

BT 1886/Rec 709 Calibration
Resulting Gamma of 2.37

** Adjustments Made in Service Menu 1st **

White Balance Offsets changed from 128/128/128 to 114/114/114

White Balance Gains changed from 123/128/130 to 123/128/139

Picture Mode: Movie (Can use CalDay or CalNight)
Backlight: 10
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 25
Color: 50
Tint: G50/R50
Fit to Screen: On
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Gamma: 0
Color Tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: Auto
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black Level: Low
HDMI UHD Color: Off
Film Mode: Auto2
Auto Motion Plus: Clear
Smart LED: High
Cinema Black: On

Color Space calibrated with 100% Saturation/75% Luminance patterns

Color Space: Custom

Red: 51/0/0
Green: 9/55/0
Blue: 0/5/58
Yellow: 52/51/1
Cyan: 7/52/52
Magenta: 47/1/53

2 Point:

R-Offset: -19
G-Offset: 0
B-Offset: -25
R-Gain: -14
G-Gain: -7
B-Gain: -16

10 Point:

10%: 27/50/7
20%: 17/18/19
30%: 3/-2/6
40%: 1/-3/10
50%: -1/-7/-2
60%: -6/-9/-8
70%: -15/-15/-15
80%: -10/-10/-6
90%: -8/-8/-6
100%: 5/-3/-1

**** Updated 9/22/16 ****

This is mostly for my records and convenience. But, if this helps anyone then I'm happy to oblige.

This calibration was my first after removing the JS Mod. I plan on doing some work this weekend or sooner to see if I can get deeper Blacks and brighter Whites without wrecking the in-between. Will post as necessary.

This calibration is also for my viewing preference, which is in a semi-bright room for 80% of the viewing time. Hence the reason for a higher Backlight which results in around 45 ftL.
Hey there, I have noticed your recommendations and I notice that you always want UHD Color Off.. Why is that? Turning that off makes the movies look worst and HDR is not compatible as well. Why is this? Thank you!
O.E.
post #8668 of 10384 Old 09-22-2016, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey there, I have noticed your recommendations and I notice that you always want UHD Color Off.. Why is that? Turning that off makes the movies look worst and HDR is not compatible as well. Why is this? Thank you!
O.E.
Unless you have a UHD device, leaving it on does not help the picture. The PS4 is (currently) a FHD device and therefore cannot output UHD. If you are using an Xbox One S, Roku 4, Samsung UHD Bluray Player, or anything that is UHD output, then of course you need to turn UHD on for that HDMI port.

I have had no issue displaying HDR, as the only means I have currently available (sans JS Mod) is via USB, of which there is no way to enable/disable UHD.
post #8669 of 10384 Old 09-22-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Unless you have a UHD device, leaving it on does not help the picture. The PS4 is (currently) a FHD device and therefore cannot output UHD. If you are using an Xbox One S, Roku 4, Samsung UHD Bluray Player, or anything that is UHD output, then of course you need to turn UHD on for that HDMI port.

I have had no issue displaying HDR, as the only means I have currently available (sans JS Mod) is via USB, of which there is no way to enable/disable UHD.

Ah Okay! Thank you! Yeah, I utilize my Samsung Player and XboxOne S for the movies. That is why I always have UHD color on for them.
post #8670 of 10384 Old 09-22-2016, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Can you please post your HCFR results?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k tv , JU7100 , samsumg , Samsung , uhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page