I've decided to revamp my TV settings and looking for some advice. My only calibration equipment is a Bluray of Disney's WoW I can run on my PS4, even that is bothersome. I'm more looking at the copy-paste settings approach. From memory, the TV is setup as per the Rtings.com settings. I'm not sure if they're out of date.
I plan on using the settings
provides as a base for all inputs, however they will each need tweaking. I have the 75" version and the TS-01 panel. Do I start with a forced firmware upgrade via USB or is it little difference and I should use what I have? Second, are the service menu changes worth doing or is my TV likely to be entirely different and see no benefit from that.
All that aside, the inputs I have are as follows and I would appreciate any tweaks that would help.
1. TV - Used primarily for the native Netflix app. Mostly 1080p streaming, sometimes 4k. TRY CALIBRATION 4
2. HDM1 - Chromecast - Used primarily for YouTube videos. 1080p. TRY CALIBRATION 4
3. HDMI 2 - Not used. USE CABLE HERE, AUTOMOTION PLUS =CLEAR, TRY CALIBRATION 4
4. HDMI 3 - Chromebox running PLEX - Used for movies. 1080p. TRY CALIBRATION 4
5. HDMI 4 - Used for PS4 and Cable (Sports). REMOVE CABLE BOX, LEAVE PS4. GAME MODE/HDMI BLACK LEVEL=NORMAL, PS4 RGB RANGE=FULL, TRY CALIBRATION 4 MINUS 10 POINT WHITE BALANCE
- PS4 is 1080p and must be on Game mode. Tried without it and input lag makes games unplayable. Doesn't look great but is there much that can be done?. I plan on getting a PS4 pro on release.
- Cable box Sport HD channels are 1080/50i and suffer from stutter which I can't fix on Game mode. Should I sacrifice the input lag and switch this to HDMI2 and apply Automotionplus? Any other suggestions for fast-paced sport viewing?
Thanks in advance, i'm sure i'll have more questions.