samsung JU7100 - Page 325 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4827Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9721 of 10380 Old 04-20-2017, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,184
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4000 Post(s)
Liked: 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.E. View Post
Perfect! This seems to be what I am looking for.

I can't find the JU7250 forum. I have searched and searched and nothing comes up. Can you please guide me to the correct link?

Thank you so much!

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...thread-13.html

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9722 of 10380 Old 04-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Senior Member
 
neelesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Random question for people who have connected the tv to a soundbar via ARC. I have two options for HDMI audio format on the tv: PCM or Bitstream... which one is best to use?

Thanks!
neelesh is offline  
post #9723 of 10380 Old 04-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Member
 
O.E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Thank you so much for your help!!!

TV is finally working as it should!
O.E. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9724 of 10380 Old 04-21-2017, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
ml2517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 752
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
Random question for people who have connected the tv to a soundbar via ARC. I have two options for HDMI audio format on the tv: PCM or Bitstream... which one is best to use?

Thanks!
In short.. if you want to let the TV do all of the decoding of the sound input you use PCM. If you want the soundbar to do it you choose bitstream.

You'll most likely want to try bitstream first.
neelesh, stanhere and King Richard like this.
ml2517 is offline  
post #9725 of 10380 Old 04-21-2017, 07:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 3
So I have a 65" JU7100 that has all the latest updates. I just purchased a Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD blu ray player, and the colors look very muted and washed, and the picture is notably dimmer. I'm pretty sure that I might be doing something wrong, so if someone could point me in the right direction so I can check to ensure everything is connected properly, I would appreciate it.
Seeko is offline  
post #9726 of 10380 Old 04-21-2017, 08:25 PM
Member
 
studtrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeko View Post
So I have a 65" JU7100 that has all the latest updates. I just purchased a Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD blu ray player, and the colors look very muted and washed, and the picture is notably dimmer. I'm pretty sure that I might be doing something wrong, so if someone could point me in the right direction so I can check to ensure everything is connected properly, I would appreciate it.
It's a known phenomenon on this set (and a lot of others) when viewing HDR content. You pretty much need to have a separate calibration for HDR content to view it right.
tampa8 likes this.
studtrooper is offline  
post #9727 of 10380 Old 04-21-2017, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,184
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4000 Post(s)
Liked: 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by studtrooper View Post
It's a known phenomenon on this set (and a lot of others) when viewing HDR content. You pretty much need to have a separate calibration for HDR content to view it right.
The only calibration you can do is 2 Point for HDR. Usually do the Standard Mode, since you can't have 2 separate set of settings for SDR and HDR. Leave the Movie Mode with the normal settings.
Meetloaf13 and stanhere like this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
post #9728 of 10380 Old 04-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Okay, so I figured out that it was in game mode. This was the input that my PS4 was on, so I turned it off and the colors are better, but I'm getting some strange ghosting/blurring now. Best settings to eliminate this?
Seeko is offline  
post #9729 of 10380 Old 04-21-2017, 10:53 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeko View Post
So I have a 65" JU7100 that has all the latest updates. I just purchased a Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD blu ray player, and the colors look very muted and washed, and the picture is notably dimmer. I'm pretty sure that I might be doing something wrong, so if someone could point me in the right direction so I can check to ensure everything is connected properly, I would appreciate it.

Okay, so I figured out that it was in game mode. This was the input that my PS4 was on, so I turned it off and the colors are better, but I'm getting some strange ghosting/blurring now. Best settings to eliminate this?

>These are my recommended TV settings when viewing HDR content.<

Try them out.

Richard
King Richard is offline  
post #9730 of 10380 Old 04-25-2017, 09:38 AM
Member
 
Meetloaf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 18
So I've been reading through this thread casually since about November/December. I own a JU7100 75" which I pretty much love.

Behind the scenes I have a Denon x2300, and recently purchased an Oppo UDP-203 (!!!), so I can watch 4K discs, and I need a new BDP anyhow.

I own an X-Rite i1Display Pro - Display Calibration (EODIS3), and have calibrated with that device a bit. I need to go and do this again under with lower backlight.

I hooked up the Oppo last night and popped in Planet Earth II UHD (awesome season btw). I went through and changed some settings I think I should be changing, but I do have some confusion as to what the Oppo should be set at, and the Denon, & the TV.

Also, I have seen talk of a Day Mode & Night Mode, making sure your picture mode is "Movie" (although last night Dynamic seemed to pop more and provide more detail), etc.

Ideally I could have a set of settings I use for UHD that I can toggle on, and a set of settings for non-UHD (speaking about the TV). I'm watching in a basement, and when I'm watching, I pull down the blackout shade and my viewing environment is essentially dark.

I have a few questions (and maybe some of these are appropriate in a different thread, but I don't know how my three devices interplay).

Does anyone run an Oppo 20x? Do you let the Oppo upscale or the Samsung?

Should I have a different set of settings for UHD & other resolutions on all 3 devices?

I currently connect all sources into the Denon (Oppo, DTV, Linux PC, Google TV, etc), is there any reason should I be running some through the Oppo straight to the TV and running sound back to the Denon (ARC) (thinking in context of making the UHD settings easier)?

When I'm calibrating colors via the Oppo using the Xrite, what settings should I have enabled on the Oppo?

I understand some of these questions may already be answered, but I want to make sure with all 3 devices in the mix I understand how to treat each of them.

Thank you for your help, great community here!
Meetloaf13 is offline  
post #9731 of 10380 Old 04-26-2017, 02:15 AM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
"Color Volume" article: Revised and Expanded!

Hey guys,

For those of you who liked my "Color Volume" article, I wanted to let you know that I have made further revisions and additions to it this week.

I added a lot of extra material to most of the sections - including additional info and lots more images and illustrations. I also added 2 brand new sections to it and made a few changes and improvements to some of the previous material.

I also took this opportunity to correct a few small mistakes that were bothering me and do a bit of reformatting. (Hey, I happen to be a perfectionist, with perhaps a little bit of OCD thrown-in for good measure. In fact, you will notice that a lot of my posts on the Forum often have a "Last edited by" footnote at the bottom of them - many of those "edits" are often only to correct a small spelling mistake or something stupid like that. )

I am planning to start working on "Part 2" of my article hopefully this coming weekend (which will be the 2nd Post of my Color Volume Thread that I currently have marked as "Reserved!"). I plan to have it finished sometime next week if all goes well.

So stay tuned!

P.S. I apologize for the long post. Sorry!

[Click the LINK below to go to the article.]

>What is Color Volume?<

Thank you for reading!



Richard
tampa8, wildgator25 and Meetloaf13 like this.

Last edited by King Richard; 06-15-2017 at 10:27 AM.
King Richard is offline  
post #9732 of 10380 Old 04-27-2017, 05:25 PM
Member
 
dilipb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Spec questions

I have the 75" JU7100 with CAL-DAY setting.
I recently received a USB stick with some MKV file which apparently is HDR.
To really see the colors POP, I had to switch to the DYNAMIC mode.
Yup and then it looked really good.
Question: If someone asks me "hey is your TV support HDR", am I technically right to say YES?
Is my panel 10-bit and able to use any HDR information in the video and reproduce real HDR image?
Or is it not a SUHD, I mean since it did not have the quantum DOTS, I can't say that I have HDR?
Finally, while watching that video is there a way to see some INFO which shows bit rate, or detailed technical info about whats being shown, like the Netflix or Amazon demo videos which show you if the panel is 10-bit or what not.
Just watching that video has blown my mind.
I loved the MKV.
But just cant sit idle and simply enjoy.
Felt like asking all these questions.
Sorry.
:-)
dilipb is offline  
post #9733 of 10380 Old 04-28-2017, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wildgator25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Graniteville, South Carolina
Posts: 1,081
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetloaf13 View Post
So I've been reading through this thread casually since about November/December. I own a JU7100 75" which I pretty much love.

Behind the scenes I have a Denon x2300, and recently purchased an Oppo UDP-203 (!!!), so I can watch 4K discs, and I need a new BDP anyhow.

I own an X-Rite i1Display Pro - Display Calibration (EODIS3), and have calibrated with that device a bit. I need to go and do this again under with lower backlight.

I hooked up the Oppo last night and popped in Planet Earth II UHD (awesome season btw). I went through and changed some settings I think I should be changing, but I do have some confusion as to what the Oppo should be set at, and the Denon, & the TV.

Also, I have seen talk of a Day Mode & Night Mode, making sure your picture mode is "Movie" (although last night Dynamic seemed to pop more and provide more detail), etc.

Ideally I could have a set of settings I use for UHD that I can toggle on, and a set of settings for non-UHD (speaking about the TV). I'm watching in a basement, and when I'm watching, I pull down the blackout shade and my viewing environment is essentially dark.

I have a few questions (and maybe some of these are appropriate in a different thread, but I don't know how my three devices interplay).

Does anyone run an Oppo 20x? Do you let the Oppo upscale or the Samsung?

Should I have a different set of settings for UHD & other resolutions on all 3 devices?

I currently connect all sources into the Denon (Oppo, DTV, Linux PC, Google TV, etc), is there any reason should I be running some through the Oppo straight to the TV and running sound back to the Denon (ARC) (thinking in context of making the UHD settings easier)?

When I'm calibrating colors via the Oppo using the Xrite, what settings should I have enabled on the Oppo?

I understand some of these questions may already be answered, but I want to make sure with all 3 devices in the mix I understand how to treat each of them.

Thank you for your help, great community here!
I don't have an Oppo, I used my PS4 to calibrate my 55JU7100. I would suggest turning off all picture enhancement options in your Oppo and Denon. Calibrate the 7100 as best you can, then you can use the Oppo and/or Denon to "tweak" the picture if you so desire. It is doubtful you will make the picture better than what the 7100 is capable of on its own.

Prior to calibrating, set up Cal Day/Cal Nite with the instructions located here in @ml2517 signature. Calibrate with the 7100 in Picture Mode:Movie and then you can copy those over to Cal Day/Cal Nite and tweak as necessary.

Feel free to try my settings, in my signature, as a starting point. I would be very interested to see calibration results on a different panel with my settings. Whilst you are in the Service Menu setting up Cal Day/Cal Nite, you can alter the White Balance as you will see in the beginning section of my settings.

Make sure you are careful in the Service Menu and take a picture or ten in case you zig instead of zag. Good luck!
wildgator25 is offline  
post #9734 of 10380 Old 04-29-2017, 07:00 AM
Member
 
Meetloaf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 18
So if I understand correctly, Cal day and Cal nite give me 2 more configurable options. So I can make one the UHD options and one for everything else?

For now, assume all sources play through my AVR and the TV only has one input

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Samsung JU7100 75" 4K | Denon x2300 | Oppo UDP-203 | Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0.2 | Klipsch Sub-12HG
Meetloaf13 is offline  
post #9735 of 10380 Old 04-29-2017, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,184
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4000 Post(s)
Liked: 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetloaf13 View Post
So if I understand correctly, Cal day and Cal nite give me 2 more configurable options. So I can make one the UHD options and one for everything else?

For now, assume all sources play through my AVR and the TV only has one input

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Movie Mode is the `BEST' Mode to watch anything. As soon as you start messing the Cal Day and Cal Night, you're now causing interactions that throw each Mode Off.
Find it Best, on these sets, since you can only calibrate the 2 Point, and HDR takes it's Color Space and other settings from predetermined settings in the Advance Menu of the ASM, to do Movie for SDR, and Standard for HDR.
stanhere likes this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
post #9736 of 10380 Old 05-02-2017, 05:41 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Picture Settings Reset Every Night

Good morning all, I'm wondering if anyone here has a solution to an infuriating problem I'm having over the last month or so.

I've got a Denon AVR-X3200W plugged into the One Connect Mini box utilizing ARC without any issues.
That's the only connection on the OCM that I use as I prefer to operate the TV in Game Mode for the reduction in latency when playing my Xbox.

However over the last month or so I've noticed that my Picture settings and Game mode settings are not staying where I put them.
Every day I have to go into the TV, re-enable Game Mode, and adjust my picture settings. I've verified that Home Use mode is on as well.

I'm running firmware 1469 and am almost ready to throw the damn TV out if I can't figure this out.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

Chewza
Chewza is offline  
post #9737 of 10380 Old 05-06-2017, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tampa8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Tampa/Eastern Ct
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
"Color Volume" article: Revised and Expanded!

Hey guys,

For those of you who liked my "Color Volume" article, I wanted to let you know that I have made further revisions and additions to it this week...........



Richard
Very much appreciate your insight and posts on this subject!
King Richard likes this.
tampa8 is offline  
post #9738 of 10380 Old 05-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Newbie
 
Skaughtto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
New Owner

Model Code: UN55JU7100FXZA
Type No: UN55JU7100
Version: IS02

3D Glasses: SSG-5100GB

Home Theater: HT-J5500W (arriving Monday)
4K Player: UBD-K8500 (arriving Thursday)
HDMI Cables: Monster Cables, supposedly rated at 22.5Gbps (arriving Hopefully)

Last weekend my wife and I decided to take a chance on an open box 55" JU7100. We looked for a 4K TV that supported 3D. Those requirements narrowed our options.

So far we're impressed with the picture quality and streaming app functionality, but the TV isn't perfect. If I focus on the edges of the TV I can tell they are brighter than the center. I need to find some decent calibration settings or calibrate it myself with an old Digital Video Essentials DVD.

The biggest issue has been 3D playback. I'm not sure if it's the older model glasses, but things in the foreground are ghosting as are other things around the screen. If I turn on 3D Optimize, sometimes translucent white boxes appear on the screen. (see attached)

I paid $665 for the TV, which seems like a decent price. I feel like it would be tough to find something comparable for the same amount of money, but I have three more weeks before the return window closes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170513_095620.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	2135569  
Skaughtto is offline  
post #9739 of 10380 Old 05-15-2017, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,184
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4000 Post(s)
Liked: 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaughtto View Post
Model Code: UN55JU7100FXZA
Type No: UN55JU7100
Version: IS02

3D Glasses: SSG-5100GB

Home Theater: HT-J5500W (arriving Monday)
4K Player: UBD-K8500 (arriving Thursday)
HDMI Cables: Monster Cables, supposedly rated at 22.5Gbps (arriving Hopefully)

Last weekend my wife and I decided to take a chance on an open box 55" JU7100. We looked for a 4K TV that supported 3D. Those requirements narrowed our options.

So far we're impressed with the picture quality and streaming app functionality, but the TV isn't perfect. If I focus on the edges of the TV I can tell they are brighter than the center. I need to find some decent calibration settings or calibrate it myself with an old Digital Video Essentials DVD.

The biggest issue has been 3D playback. I'm not sure if it's the older model glasses, but things in the foreground are ghosting as are other things around the screen. If I turn on 3D Optimize, sometimes translucent white boxes appear on the screen. (see attached)

I paid $665 for the TV, which seems like a decent price. I feel like it would be tough to find something comparable for the same amount of money, but I have three more weeks before the return window closes.
Try massaging the panel with a micro fibre cloth to even it out. Pay particular attention to the whiter areas.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
post #9740 of 10380 Old 05-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Part 2: Why is color Volume Important ?


Hey my friends, it’s me again.

I just wanted to let you know that I finally finished the second part of my Color Volume article – which is post #2 in my “What is Color Volume?” thread. If you haven’t done so already, I would like to invite you to first read the first part of my article – which is post #1 in that thread.

>LINK: What is Color Volume ?<

I also made further improvements to the first part (post #1 ) of my article, adding more information, including more pics and illustrations. I also added a lengthy Quote from professional colorist Stephen Nakamura to the HDR section.

Stephen Nakamura is a colorist with "Company 3" in LA, who has worked with really high profile directors and cinematographers and knows more about HDR than most people. He has graded in HDR movies like Exodus: Gods and Kings (the first ever movie to be HDR graded); Tomorrowland (Disney’s first HDR grade and a movie made for the format); The Martian; and Joy.

Click the LINK above, or in my signature below, to go to the article.

I hope you like it, thank you!



Richard
King Richard is offline  
post #9741 of 10380 Old 05-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is anyone's set running slow or bogging down more than usual? When I first turn it on it's incredibly slow and laggy, programs freeze and won't open and it's unresponsive, but if I wait a minute or two it will usually catch up. Sometimes even after I wait it's still laggy, choppy and apps crash or freeze. I'm running firmware version 1449.
magRT496 is offline  
post #9742 of 10380 Old 05-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by magRT496 View Post
Is anyone's set running slow or bogging down more than usual? When I first turn it on it's incredibly slow and laggy, programs freeze and won't open and it's unresponsive, but if I wait a minute or two it will usually catch up. Sometimes even after I wait it's still laggy, choppy and apps crash or freeze. I'm running firmware version 1449.
YES. Man, it's very annoying. It didn't used to be this way, but I guess the new software/firmware is catching up.
Seeko is offline  
post #9743 of 10380 Old 05-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Newbie
 
Skaughtto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I enabled quick start and stopped smart hub from appearing automatically. That sped up the TVs initial input response time. Otherwise the UI was extremely sluggish when I first turned it on.
Skaughtto is offline  
post #9744 of 10380 Old 05-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Newbie
 
Skaughtto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentbolt View Post
Welp. After literally four months, 4 tech visits, TWO mainboard replacements, and finally replacing literally the entire panel, my 65 inch JU7100 has been deemed "irreparable"

The 3D image still has terrible ghosting, 3D movies are unwatchable. I've tried different movies, different cables, two different 3D bluray players, and two different models of Samsung 3D glasses, nothing helped at all. Since they replaced pretty much the entire TV, I've got two theories about the problem:

#1 - Something was messed up in the service menu when my wife got lost in there. I've checked every single setting against the photos I took before doing the JS mod, but I'd bet the TV size is set incorrectly in some deep dark recess of the ASM. I've tried changing the TV size to all sorts of crazy values on my PS4 and K8500, doesn't seem to have any affect.

#2 - The crosstalk has always been there and we just never noticed at first.

I have no idea which it is, but the result is that I've been cut a check for the original purchase price of $1700, AND they didn't ask for the JU7100 back. I'd never sell it without mentioning the 3D is borked, but the 2D image is still fantastic. That's probably still worth a couple hundred bucks to someone. That seems crazy to me that they're just writing off the original TV.

I still really want a 3D capable UHD TV, but I think I'm gonna have to try passive glasses (I still never see crosstalk at the movies) this time around. I think pretty much my only option is the LG UH8500, right?
I think my UN55JU7100 is having the same 3D issue you described in previous posts, where the foreground and background images aren't lined up. None of the settings correct the issue and resets haven't helped. I had hoped that when my Samsung UBD-K8500 player arrived that it may have resolved the issue, but it still persists.

I may try for support through the local store, Samsung or see if my credit card company offers any sort of warranty on tech purchases. You'd think someone would be able to fix this.

Seems like it's referred to as 3D Ghosting or Crosstalk.

Last edited by Skaughtto; 05-19-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Skaughtto is offline  
post #9745 of 10380 Old 05-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Member
 
Agentbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 45
WQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaughtto View Post
I think my UN55JU7100 is having the same 3D issue you described in previous posts, where the foreground and background images aren't lined up. None of the settings correct the issue and resets haven't helped. I had hoped that when my Samsung UBD-K8500 player arrived that it may have resolved the issue, but it still persists.

I may try for support through the local store, Samsung or see if my credit card company offers any sort of warranty on tech purchases. You'd think someone would be able to fix this.

Seems like it's referred to as 3D Ghosting or Crosstalk.
Hmm, I've never seen the translucent white boxes you described in that picture, but otherwise yeah our issues sound about the same. You WOULD think someone would know hot to fix this, wouldn't you? Considering Samsung themselves took the first stab at fixing my TV and replaced virtually everything but the remote, I'm guessing even "Samsung-certified" technicians know virtually nothing about the 3D components of this TV.

I didn't ever end up getting anything fixed, we decided to get a BenQ HT2050 projector and screen instead. We watch 3D movies on that, and use the TV for 2D/4K stuff (for which the JU7100 still works fine). I am kind of bummed I never got a definitive answer as to what was wrong with the JU7100 though
Agentbolt is offline  
post #9746 of 10380 Old 05-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
jmill79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone else once again having issues with the Amazon app not loading?

_______________________________

PSN and LIVE gt: Jmill79
jmill79 is offline  
post #9747 of 10380 Old 05-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I left mine unplugged overnight and it seemed to help the crashing but it's still pretty slow/choppy when trying to launch apps/open menu etc. no problems within apps though
magRT496 is offline  
post #9748 of 10380 Old 05-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
How do I turn off the internal TV speaker settings on this TV?

I googled a bit, and it said go to sound and click on the speaker setting option. I don't have that option -- it just says speaker list and additional settings. Currently have a soundbar connected via optical cable.

Thanks.

Last edited by Hooper73; 05-20-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Hooper73 is offline  
post #9749 of 10380 Old 05-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Member
 
jev7266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper73 View Post
How do I turn off the internal TV speaker settings on this TV? I googled a bit, and it said go to sound and click on the speaker setting option. I don't have that option -- it just says speaker list and additional settings. Currently have a soundbar connected via optical cable.
Menu -> Sound -> Speaker List -> Audio Out/Optical

If you select that do you get audio from your sound bar? It should also disengage the set's internal speakers.
Hooper73 and King Richard like this.

TVs: Sony XBR65X930E (2017), v8.0.0 (6.6510) / Samsung UN50JU7100 (2015) w/ IA02 panel, sw v.1530.1
AVR: Yamaha RX-v581, sw v.2.65
Speakers 5.1.2: Polk Audio RM6750 (surround) + Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Atmos height
jev7266 is offline  
post #9750 of 10380 Old 05-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 891
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked: 365
My local costco just started to sell the 75 ju7100 tvs last week for $2199. I thought these were already obsolete.. I purchased mine on Jan 2016 for $4289...!!!! Wow. My clouding issue is getting worse and I just opened a claim with trade square. Hope they help as i am having a hell of a time watching movies in a dark room, especially when HDR is enabled.

Last edited by meduzadg; 05-21-2017 at 07:38 PM.
meduzadg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k tv , JU7100 , samsumg , Samsung , uhd

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off