samsung JU7100 - Page 329 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4827Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9841 of 10393 Old 07-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 946
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Due to my not mentioning the possible loss of some Apps because of the JS Mod, I withdrew the JS Mod info.
Personally, I don't use the Apps, and preferring the better PQ, for now I will retain my mod.
Thank you. The JSmod did not interfere with netflix, amazon, hbo go and youtube which are the only apps i am using so will keep the mod on as I also noticed better pic quality.
meduzadg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9842 of 10393 Old 07-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
carillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I don't use any of the built-in "Smart" apps and I would consider the JS Mod. What does doing the mod get you? Thanks
carillon is offline  
post #9843 of 10393 Old 07-17-2017, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wildgator25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Graniteville, South Carolina
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 533
@King Richard , I noticed you posted a movie deal the other day...you got any popcorn deals coming up? I can't wait to read the chaos that the bare mention of JS Mod will create again.

😁🍽
King Richard likes this.
wildgator25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9844 of 10393 Old 07-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 946
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by carillon View Post
I don't use any of the built-in "Smart" apps and I would consider the JS Mod. What does doing the mod get you? Thanks
I am not sure. Could be a placebo effect but maybe it provides very slightly better pic quality. After testing today, I reverted to normal operation. I do not believe the mod worth the trouble.
meduzadg is offline  
post #9845 of 10393 Old 07-17-2017, 08:59 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4368
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgator25 View Post
@King Richard , I noticed you posted a movie deal the other day...you got any popcorn deals coming up? I can't wait to read the chaos that the bare mention of JS Mod will create again.







Richard
wildgator25 likes this.
King Richard is offline  
post #9846 of 10393 Old 07-19-2017, 01:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNecromancer View Post
3D Glasses question.

Has anyone had luck with aftermarket rechargeable glasses with their 7100?
At the mention of glasses I just went to use one of the two pair of Samsung SSG-3570CR glasses I own and they are both apparently dead. I have not used them in a few months and they have been on a shelf in a cabinet in a different room from the TV to keep them from triggering on and off. When I got them out they do nothing and show no lights. I put them both on charge and after a couple hours there is no change. Is this common ? The book doesn't say anything about periodic charging. For what they cost they certainly should last. My drill holds a charge for up to 18 months and should be topped up every 12 months.
HWF

Samsung UN60JU7100, Sony STR-DN850, JBL (Movies 2) 7.1, Sony BDP X800, WD TV Live Hub, Raspberry Pi2/Kodi
harpanet13 is offline  
post #9847 of 10393 Old 07-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Member
 
btman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Heyyyy @wildgator25 or anyone with a PS4 Pro and this TV

Just got my PS4 Pro yesterday. Put in a Seagate Firecuda 2tb. Transferred games from my old PS4 and then let it download all the ones I couldn't fit before overnight. Opened up Rocket League and noticed my brightness and contrast didn't change like I've read it's supposed to when HDR activates. Internet says it got a 4k patch and all games are supposed to have HDR. I have it plugged into HDMI 2, I turned UHD colour on for HDMI 2. Unplugged the TV, accidentally unplugged my surge protector first, PS4 went corrupt. Already wiped old PS4. Now downloading every game all over again + every patch for games I have on disc. FML.

Rocket league finished downloading. Opened it up. Still no brightess/contrast change. Swapped my HDMI cable for the one in the box. Nothing changed. Turned UHD Colour off and then back on. Nothing. Going to try a different game tomorrow (since they're all downloading still) but uh what did I miss? Hoping this is a Rocket League issue lol.

I will mention I followed your game mode ps4 pro cali settings, and with resolution set to automatic when I go to Video Output Information, it shows 3840 x 2160 resolution but the Colour Format is RGB and not YUV422 like your settings say it should be.
btman is offline  
post #9848 of 10393 Old 07-23-2017, 12:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by btman View Post
Heyyyy @wildgator25 or anyone with a PS4 Pro and this TV

Just got my PS4 Pro yesterday. Put in a Seagate Firecuda 2tb. Transferred games from my old PS4 and then let it download all the ones I couldn't fit before overnight. Opened up Rocket League and noticed my brightness and contrast didn't change like I've read it's supposed to when HDR activates. Internet says it got a 4k patch and all games are supposed to have HDR. I have it plugged into HDMI 2, I turned UHD colour on for HDMI 2. Unplugged the TV, accidentally unplugged my surge protector first, PS4 went corrupt. Already wiped old PS4. Now downloading every game all over again + every patch for games I have on disc. FML.

Rocket league finished downloading. Opened it up. Still no brightess/contrast change. Swapped my HDMI cable for the one in the box. Nothing changed. Turned UHD Colour off and then back on. Nothing. Going to try a different game tomorrow (since they're all downloading still) but uh what did I miss? Hoping this is a Rocket League issue lol.

I will mention I followed your game mode ps4 pro cali settings, and with resolution set to automatic when I go to Video Output Information, it shows 3840 x 2160 resolution but the Colour Format is RGB and not YUV422 like your settings say it should be.
Rocket League's Pro patch was for 4k/60fps, not HDR.

You can use this to know what each game's pro patch does, if one was made, as well as if the Pro's Boost Mode makes a game run better. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324251
wildgator25 likes this.

Last edited by mitch079; 07-23-2017 at 12:49 AM.
mitch079 is offline  
post #9849 of 10393 Old 07-23-2017, 08:24 AM
Member
 
btman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch079 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by btman View Post
Heyyyy @wildgator25 or anyone with a PS4 Pro and this TV

Just got my PS4 Pro yesterday. Put in a Seagate Firecuda 2tb. Transferred games from my old PS4 and then let it download all the ones I couldn't fit before overnight. Opened up Rocket League and noticed my brightness and contrast didn't change like I've read it's supposed to when HDR activates. Internet says it got a 4k patch and all games are supposed to have HDR. I have it plugged into HDMI 2, I turned UHD colour on for HDMI 2. Unplugged the TV, accidentally unplugged my surge protector first, PS4 went corrupt. Already wiped old PS4. Now downloading every game all over again + every patch for games I have on disc. FML.

Rocket league finished downloading. Opened it up. Still no brightess/contrast change. Swapped my HDMI cable for the one in the box. Nothing changed. Turned UHD Colour off and then back on. Nothing. Going to try a different game tomorrow (since they're all downloading still) but uh what did I miss? Hoping this is a Rocket League issue lol.

I will mention I followed your game mode ps4 pro cali settings, and with resolution set to automatic when I go to Video Output Information, it shows 3840 x 2160 resolution but the Colour Format is RGB and not YUV422 like your settings say it should be.
Rocket League's Pro patch was for 4k/60fps, not HDR.

You can use this to know what each game's pro patch does, if one was made, as well as if the Pro's Boost Mode makes a game run better. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324251
Well crap didn't even think to consider that. The games got so many colours with the cars/arenas/boosts/explosions I just assumed. Thanks a bunch for the info!
wildgator25 likes this.
btman is offline  
post #9850 of 10393 Old 07-27-2017, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,245
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4032 Post(s)
Liked: 3200
New FW on the Korean site!

FW # 1502.1 - this now puts the Samsung NA sites, 4 FWs behind!

http://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/UN75JU7000F/
stanhere and nad0104 like this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
QN49Q70R / UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is online now  
post #9851 of 10393 Old 07-28-2017, 09:31 PM
Member
 
nad0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Wyoming, USA
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
FW # 1502.1 - this now puts the Samsung NA sites, 4 FWs behind!

http://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/UN75JU7000F/
Did you install it yet? on your JU7100 series TV.
The firmware shows to be for the JU7000F, is it the same for the JU7100 series TV?

Music Fidelity Integrated amp A5.5 with upgrade power supply / Magnepan 1.6`s with upgrade crossovers / Technics1500 reel to reel / Computer Audio / Samsung 50JU7100 / Samsung J7500 Blu-ray player / PS Audio main A/C filters / Oyaide R1 outlet.
nad0104 is offline  
post #9852 of 10393 Old 07-28-2017, 10:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,245
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4032 Post(s)
Liked: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad0104 View Post
Did you install it yet? on your JU7100 series TV.
The firmware shows to be for the JU7000F, is it the same for the JU7100 series TV?
Yes, no issues. Korea has the 7000, to our being 7100.
stanhere and nad0104 like this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
QN49Q70R / UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is online now  
post #9853 of 10393 Old 07-30-2017, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SpenceJT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
FW # 1502.1 - this now puts the Samsung NA sites, 4 FWs behind!

http://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/UN75JU7000F/
Is there any loathing of fixes or improvements? If there is no compelling reason to apply an update, the risk may outweigh any benefit.

I would love to see a fix for getting out of HDR mode.

I watch a 4K HDR title, and when I switch back to another source, even after having powered completely off (usually my television source), the television hangs on to the HDR mode, which makes broadcast images artificially dynamic.

The only way that I know to get out of HDR, is to switch over to the Smart Hub mode, and fire up some non HDR content on Netflix or YouTube.
SpenceJT is offline  
post #9854 of 10393 Old 08-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
TheNecromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pinewood, MN
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 29
flickering

I have an 85JU7100 and notice while watching the screen lightens and darkens slightly. It's as if the power were surging but I have a new Panamax power conditioner so I can see the power is smooth. I've noticed both while playing discs from an Oppo BD-203 and while using Apps on Smart Hub which leads me to believe it's a TV problem.

I'm pretty picky about things but others notice it as well so not just me. Any idea?
TheNecromancer is offline  
post #9855 of 10393 Old 08-03-2017, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wildgator25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Graniteville, South Carolina
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNecromancer View Post
I have an 85JU7100 and notice while watching the screen lightens and darkens slightly. It's as if the power were surging but I have a new Panamax power conditioner so I can see the power is smooth. I've noticed both while playing discs from an Oppo BD-203 and while using Apps on Smart Hub which leads me to believe it's a TV problem.

I'm pretty picky about things but others notice it as well so not just me. Any idea?
Check Dynamic Contrast and make sure it is Off. Smart LED will also give the appearance of flickering with some dark to light transitions but you need it for better blacks and whites.
wildgator25 is offline  
post #9856 of 10393 Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Member
 
stanhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Hi All......

After many months of pretty much smooth sailing with my UN85JU7100, I have suddenly lost any / all TV USB ""signal recognition"" with both USB 2.0 ports on my OneConnect Mini box. All other TV functions and HDMI connection(s) ALL appear to operate normally, including the TV panel's own USB 3.0 port, confirmed as active/receptive! **1

While I am starting a systematic process of shutting off / disconnecting ALL TV to OneConnect Mini to USB connections, cables, power & USB HD enclosures etc PLUS working back my firmware updates from v1502.1.................Would MOST appreciate knowing if anyone here has experienced or seen/heard of ANY USB related issues with the JU7100 and/or other series Samsung, OneConnect Mini box.

For example, have any users ever experienced any sort of USB connectivity glitches AFTER firmware updating or re-connective power & cable activity?

**1 - BTW, My experience with the "panel's" single USB port [which is v3.0] seems to remain limited to use ONLY for applying firmware updates. NO other audio/video content or signals are receivable, unlike the 'normal' two USB 2.0 ports on the OneConnect Mini. Correct me if I am wrong.

Appreciate your comments & suggestions!

Thanks

1_Samsung UN85JU7100 [TS01] fw1540.3 (wo JS Mod) & PBrowne's \WG's Cal's/ Sony DA5800ES/ 9.2 ch Definitive Technology/ PCH C-300
/Oppo 203/ USB HD's //// 2_Samsung UN60F8000/ Sony DA5400ES/ 7.1 ch Definitive Technology/ PCH C-300/ USB HD's

Last edited by stanhere; 08-03-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: formatting
stanhere is offline  
post #9857 of 10393 Old 08-03-2017, 11:48 PM
Member
 
stanhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Oh, Oh!

Can wildgator25 or p5browne confirm that there is NO WAY to revert back to an earlier version firmware on the JU7100 series TV ?

Thank You

1_Samsung UN85JU7100 [TS01] fw1540.3 (wo JS Mod) & PBrowne's \WG's Cal's/ Sony DA5800ES/ 9.2 ch Definitive Technology/ PCH C-300
/Oppo 203/ USB HD's //// 2_Samsung UN60F8000/ Sony DA5400ES/ 7.1 ch Definitive Technology/ PCH C-300/ USB HD's

Last edited by stanhere; 08-03-2017 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling
stanhere is offline  
post #9858 of 10393 Old 08-04-2017, 12:12 AM
Member
 
stanhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNecromancer View Post
I have an 85JU7100 and notice while watching the screen lightens and darkens slightly. It's as if the power were surging but I have a new Panamax power conditioner so I can see the power is smooth. I've noticed both while playing discs from an Oppo BD-203 and while using Apps on Smart Hub which leads me to believe it's a TV problem.

I'm pretty picky about things but others notice it as well so not just me. Any idea?
You're definitely NOT being picky! Such a problem with my panel would TOTALLY RUIN my viewing experience!!

At no cost but time ................Try dis-connecting / waiting at least 15 minutes / re-connecting ALL cables AND power between the LED TV panel, one connect mini & your source player(s) / Amp.

An easy "1st" to try may be ......powering your TV temporarily from a DIFFERENT 110 volt CIRCUIT from the "Panamax power conditioner" source cited and compare results using just one 'best' App for consistency. Be sure to pick & remain consistent using ONE picture setting; Movie / CalDay / CalNight throughout comparative 'testing'. If video behavior fluctuates between different 'circuits', then try your primary circuit's behavior WITH & WITHOUT Panamax. [BTW, it's assummed your "primary" TV power circuit is NOT overloaded with any HD 110 volt appliances like a freezer etc on say a 15 amp line.]

[BTW, dis-connection, prolonged shut-downs \ reboots ....while retaining all existing cables ...will sometimes ""cure"" mysterious glitches. Such has been the case for me & others.]

Let us know the result(s) of your systematic sleuthing.

Good Luck

1_Samsung UN85JU7100 [TS01] fw1540.3 (wo JS Mod) & PBrowne's \WG's Cal's/ Sony DA5800ES/ 9.2 ch Definitive Technology/ PCH C-300
/Oppo 203/ USB HD's //// 2_Samsung UN60F8000/ Sony DA5400ES/ 7.1 ch Definitive Technology/ PCH C-300/ USB HD's

Last edited by stanhere; 08-04-2017 at 12:39 AM. Reason: spelling
stanhere is offline  
post #9859 of 10393 Old 08-04-2017, 06:12 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My tv is an 55ju7000 I've notice flickering green lines appear on screen when game mode is enabled. It only happens in game mode or pc mode with my ps4 Pro. What do you think?
axxyx is offline  
post #9860 of 10393 Old 08-04-2017, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
atc98092's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Washington (the state)
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanhere View Post

**1 - BTW, My experience with the "panel's" single USB port [which is v3.0] seems to remain limited to use ONLY for applying firmware updates. NO other audio/video content or signals are receivable, unlike the 'normal' two USB 2.0 ports on the OneConnect Mini. Correct me if I am wrong.

Appreciate your comments & suggestions!

Thanks
I have the Samsung UHD hard drive plugged into the panel 3.0 port, and have no problems with it. I've never tried anything else in it, but it does work for A/V. The UHD hard drive is just a normal external USB hard drive, not something unique, although I believe it is formatted in a way that can't be read by a typical computer.
stanhere likes this.

Dan
Samsung JU7100 and NU7100 4K TVs, Yamaha RX-V583, Nvidia Shield, a number of Roku players and TVs, Windows 10 media server with Serviio and Plex. Other players and TVs as well.
atc98092 is online now  
post #9861 of 10393 Old 08-04-2017, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,245
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4032 Post(s)
Liked: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
I have the Samsung UHD hard drive plugged into the panel 3.0 port, and have no problems with it. I've never tried anything else in it, but it does work for A/V. The UHD hard drive is just a normal external USB hard drive, not something unique, although I believe it is formatted in a way that can't be read by a typical computer.
No issues with my Samsung UHD Video Pack either. I regularly add 4K HDR demo videos on the Pack from my computer. Have also copied the UHD Movie video folder onto a backup, just in case. (No, they won't work off the backup - something programmed into the first and last sections of the Pack drive, or some other kind of marker.)

UN65KS9800 - Mine
QN49Q70R / UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is online now  
post #9862 of 10393 Old 08-04-2017, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
atc98092's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Washington (the state)
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
No issues with my Samsung UHD Video Pack either. I regularly add 4K HDR demo videos on the Pack from my computer. Have also copied the UHD Movie video folder onto a backup, just in case. (No, they won't work off the backup - something programmed into the first and last sections of the Pack drive, or some other kind of marker.)
Cool, wasn't sure you could access the drive from a computer. Good to know!

Dan
Samsung JU7100 and NU7100 4K TVs, Yamaha RX-V583, Nvidia Shield, a number of Roku players and TVs, Windows 10 media server with Serviio and Plex. Other players and TVs as well.
atc98092 is online now  
post #9863 of 10393 Old 08-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Member
 
stanhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
I have the Samsung UHD hard drive plugged into the panel 3.0 port, and have no problems with it. I've never tried anything else in it, but it does work for A/V. The UHD hard drive is just a normal external USB hard drive, not something unique, although I believe it is formatted in a way that can't be read by a typical computer.
Thank YOU ..............atc98092!!!!! I did SUCCESSFULLY connect & run my USBv3 external HD through the my JU7100 panel's USB3 port!

Setting aside 'speed' differential, The TV panel's USB3 port seems to respond & function just like the OneConnect Mini's two USBv2 ports!

Appreciate your correction!!!!

1_Samsung UN85JU7100 [TS01] fw1540.3 (wo JS Mod) & PBrowne's \WG's Cal's/ Sony DA5800ES/ 9.2 ch Definitive Technology/ PCH C-300
/Oppo 203/ USB HD's //// 2_Samsung UN60F8000/ Sony DA5400ES/ 7.1 ch Definitive Technology/ PCH C-300/ USB HD's
stanhere is offline  
post #9864 of 10393 Old 08-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by axxyx View Post
My tv is an 55ju7000 I've notice flickering green lines appear on screen when game mode is enabled. It only happens in game mode or pc mode with my ps4 Pro. What do you think?


Sorry for the video. I try again. The noise only appear when game mode is enable. Unplugging the power supply cable temporarily fix it. Samsung's SAT made a factory reset but everything stays the same. Thanks
axxyx is offline  
post #9865 of 10393 Old 08-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
axxyx is offline  
post #9866 of 10393 Old 08-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by axxyx View Post
Start simple and change HDMI ports and/or change the HDMI cable(s). I use these for 4K on the Pro, X1 S and Roku Premiere+. https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2

Also, are you connecting directly to the TV (connect box) from the PS4 or are you going through a receiver/switch/something else?

Last edited by mitch079; 08-05-2017 at 09:14 AM.
mitch079 is offline  
post #9867 of 10393 Old 08-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
TheNecromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pinewood, MN
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgator25 View Post
Check Dynamic Contrast and make sure it is Off. Smart LED will also give the appearance of flickering with some dark to light transitions but you need it for better blacks and whites.

Ok, Dynamic Contrast has been off but Smart LED was set to 'high'. Switched that off and watched 10 minutes of Planet Earth and could not detect any flicker. I suspect then that is the issue. I'll experiment with standard and low settings when I have some time.

Thanks, Wildgator and others for the assistance.
wildgator25 likes this.
TheNecromancer is offline  
post #9868 of 10393 Old 08-06-2017, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wildgator25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Graniteville, South Carolina
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNecromancer View Post
Ok, Dynamic Contrast has been off but Smart LED was set to 'high'. Switched that off and watched 10 minutes of Planet Earth and could not detect any flicker. I suspect then that is the issue. I'll experiment with standard and low settings when I have some time.

Thanks, Wildgator and others for the assistance.
Anytime!

By the way, have you calibrated your set? I had issues with the flickering early on, but when I calibrated my Gamma properly, the flickering went away. I keep Smart LED on High.
King Richard likes this.
wildgator25 is offline  
post #9869 of 10393 Old 08-06-2017, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wildgator25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Graniteville, South Carolina
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanhere View Post
Oh, Oh!

Can wildgator25 or p5browne confirm that there is NO WAY to revert back to an earlier version firmware on the JU7100 series TV ?

Thank You
No way that I know of to revert, sorry.
King Richard likes this.
wildgator25 is offline  
post #9870 of 10393 Old 08-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
samsung JU7100

Duplicated

Last edited by axxyx; 08-06-2017 at 06:36 PM.
axxyx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k tv , JU7100 , samsumg , Samsung , uhd

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off