AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   LCD Flat Panel Displays (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/)
-   -   samsung JU7100 (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1908673-samsung-ju7100.html)

benz5521 02-24-2015 03:39 PM

samsung JU7100
 
Samsung has them off pre-order and for sale on their site. Does anybody know if these are good yet? Specs look good.

RicFlair 02-24-2015 03:42 PM

I highly doubt these are Quantum Dot models ....

benz5521 02-24-2015 04:08 PM

Probably not but I don't want a curved TV. I hate them. And all the tech is going in to 4k. The 7100 series seems like the best non-curved tv Samsung is doing for 2015.

Forrest Gump 02-24-2015 04:23 PM

Hi, does anyone here know if these Samsung model 4k tv series will be using 10-bit color panels?:confused:

ray0414 02-24-2015 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benz5521 (Post 32089457)
Probably not but I don't want a curved TV. I hate them. And all the tech is going in to 4k. The 7100 series seems like the best non-curved tv Samsung is doing for 2015.


Samsung's best flat tv will be the JS8500. But it's not listed on their site yet. And according to the samsung website the 7100 does have quantum dots.

benz5521 02-24-2015 05:30 PM

Ah ok thanks.

RicFlair 02-24-2015 05:52 PM

NO way this set has QD's ...think of this set as the 6 series model...you're probably better off with a leftover 8550 ...

No where does it say QD's for this set....

player002 02-24-2015 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RicFlair (Post 32092313)
NO way this set has QD's ...think of this set as the 6 series model...you're probably better off with a leftover 8550 ...

No where does it say QD's for this set....

WOOOOOO(Sting WOOO)

Yes they do look in the specs Nano Crystal Colour

I had a chat with Samsung

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Vega J'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125603193919X

Vega J: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung pre-sales support. We appreciate your interest in Samsung products. How may I assist you today?
DEE: hi I am looking @ ju7500 and see that it has nano crystal color in specs does this model have quantum dots?
Vega J: Sure, I will help you with the information.
Vega J: Yes, JU7500 come with Quantum dots.
Vega J: Please click the link below to see the more features of JU7500.
Vega J: http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/...7500FXZA-specs
Vega J: Are you able to access the above link?
DEE: thanks also can u tell me when one connect box for 2015 comes out and what it adds?
DEE: let me try that link in meantime
Vega J: As of now there is no information is available for one connect box.
DEE: yes link worked
DEE: thank you for the info when will ju7500 ship if I order now
Vega J: Which screen size would you like to prefer?
DEE: 65
Vega J: Thank you for the information.
Vega J: The product will be shipped with in 10 to 14 business days.
DEE: when will SUHD sets be available?
Vega J: As of now we don't have exact released date information.
DEE: does ju6700 have quantum dots too?
Vega J: JU6700 doesn't come with quantum dots.
DEE: ok thank you very much I will see what model to get
Vega J: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
DEE: no you where great
Vega J: You are a very valued customer and it has been a pleasure assisting you.
Vega J: Please fill the survey at the end of the chat as it makes us serve you better.
Vega J: Your feedback is much appreciated.
Vega J: Thanks for chatting with Samsung Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue “X close” button to receive the transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better.
Follow Samsung Service on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
DEE: ok
Chat InformationChat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent

Here is link to 7100 specs look for Nano crystal colour http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/...7100FXZA-specs

Quantum dots are Nano crystal LED's

The 9 series gets better quantum dots and HDR

Latinoheat 02-24-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by player002 (Post 32092721)



The 9 series gets better quantum dots and HDR

Didn't know there were better implementation of QD within the same brand.

ray0414 02-24-2015 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Latinoheat (Post 32092985)
Didn't know there were better implementation of QD within the same brand.

If they use a different shade of crystal they are different.

RicFlair 02-24-2015 07:54 PM

After the panel luck lottery I think you'd be nuts to buy a low end early TV from them in early 2015....

I also read that Vizio and Sharp may blow the roof off 4K with the best Panels anyone has seen ...people are calling it game changing ....

dja2189 02-25-2015 09:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Do you guys know when the ju7100 or js8500 will be available at best buy? I just bought the hu8550 but ok contemplating getting the ju7100, what do you guys think I should do? And is the ju7100 definitely flat because I prefer that, thanks.

xMarkFitzGeraldx 02-25-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by player002 (Post 32092721)
WOOOOOO(Sting WOOO)

Yes they do look in the specs Nano Crystal Colour

I had a chat with Samsung

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Vega J'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125603193919X

Vega J: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung pre-sales support. We appreciate your interest in Samsung products. How may I assist you today?
DEE: hi I am looking @ ju7500 and see that it has nano crystal color in specs does this model have quantum dots?
Vega J: Sure, I will help you with the information.
Vega J: Yes, JU7500 come with Quantum dots.
Vega J: Please click the link below to see the more features of JU7500.
Vega J: http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/...7500FXZA-specs
Vega J: Are you able to access the above link?
DEE: thanks also can u tell me when one connect box for 2015 comes out and what it adds?
DEE: let me try that link in meantime
Vega J: As of now there is no information is available for one connect box.
DEE: yes link worked
DEE: thank you for the info when will ju7500 ship if I order now
Vega J: Which screen size would you like to prefer?
DEE: 65
Vega J: Thank you for the information.
Vega J: The product will be shipped with in 10 to 14 business days.
DEE: when will SUHD sets be available?
Vega J: As of now we don't have exact released date information.
DEE: does ju6700 have quantum dots too?
Vega J: JU6700 doesn't come with quantum dots.
DEE: ok thank you very much I will see what model to get
Vega J: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
DEE: no you where great
Vega J: You are a very valued customer and it has been a pleasure assisting you.
Vega J: Please fill the survey at the end of the chat as it makes us serve you better.
Vega J: Your feedback is much appreciated.
Vega J: Thanks for chatting with Samsung Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue “X close” button to receive the transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better.
Follow Samsung Service on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
DEE: ok
Chat InformationChat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent

Here is link to 7100 specs look for Nano crystal colour http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/...7100FXZA-specs

Quantum dots are Nano crystal LED's

The 9 series gets better quantum dots and HDR

I'm not sure what to tell you... Right after you made that chat, they must have rapidly updated their website. No where does it state Quantum Dots on the specs (and as a Samsung Vendor) I was told NO Quantum Dots below SUHD series. That is what seperates the line up. Unfortunately the "Chat from India" tech support is not wholly informed on the matter. The available documentation supports this as well.

xMarkFitzGeraldx 02-25-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benz5521 (Post 32089457)
Probably not but I don't want a curved TV. I hate them. And all the tech is going in to 4k. The 7100 series seems like the best non-curved tv Samsung is doing for 2015.

The best advice I can offer would be to ignore the curvature as aprimary selling point. When you step up to the SUHD models for this year, you get the better back lighting, better FALD array, and nano crystal offerings. If you want the premium picture, you will be looking at curved. It's just the way it is,

xMarkFitzGeraldx 02-25-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicFlair (Post 32088777)
I highly doubt these are Quantum Dot models ....

They are not QD. Only the SUHD models, from everything I have been privy to, states this as fact.

player002 02-25-2015 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xMarkFitzGeraldx (Post 32129769)
I'm not sure what to tell you... Right after you made that chat, they must have rapidly updated their website. No where does it state Quantum Dots on the specs (and as a Samsung Vendor) I was told NO Quantum Dots below SUHD series. That is what seperates the line up. Unfortunately the "Chat from India" tech support is not wholly informed on the matter. The available documentation supports this as well.

My chat was on model JU7500 and the specs still have nano crystal colour http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/...7500FXZA-specs

JU7100 appears to not have nano crystal from specs(this was changed )

xMarkFitzGeraldx 02-25-2015 10:11 PM

I don't know what to say fella. It's a typo and a bad hyperlink. If you start from scratch on the website, you can't find that page. If you click on any other tab on that link then click back to the "specs" page you won't be redirected there again.

Last year for three months they listed the HU7250 as having the "pur color" processor. It in fact did not have that feature.

I will reiterate only the SUHD models feature this. You can clearly see this by looking at the "overview" tab of every set. Plus, their is a clear categorical separation when you go on to samsungs tv category. They clearly define SUHD from UHD.

Otherwise why offer an SUHD category?

Sorry to disappoint. But as a vendor I can assure you that everything I have been told is the opposite of that link.

Could I be wrong? Sure. Is it likely? No.

player002 02-25-2015 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xMarkFitzGeraldx (Post 32130761)
I don't know what to say fella. It's a typo and a bad hyperlink. If you start from scratch on the website, you can't find that page. If you click on any other tab on that link then click back to the "specs" page you won't be redirected there again.

Last year for three months they listed the HU7250 as having the "pur color" processor. It in fact did not have that feature.

I will reiterate only the SUHD models feature this. You can clearly see this by looking at the "overview" tab of every set. Plus, their is a clear categorical separation when you go on to samsungs tv category. They clearly define SUHD from UHD.

Otherwise why offer an SUHD category?

Sorry to disappoint. But as a vendor I can assure you that everything I have been told is the opposite of that link.

Could I be wrong? Sure. Is it likely? No.

on the regular page if you go to specs then click more specs Quantum colour is there so it is not a bad hyperlink http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65JU7500FXZA
Now this tv is available for purchase stating Nano Crystal Colour.
Is it not possible that 7500 has quantum dots but no hdr and peak brightness is lower?7500 had peak illumination where 9500 peak illumination ultimate suggesting higher contrast ratio..When you get you training @ the end of the month please ask about this..I also have some connections and will reach out too..

radamo 02-26-2015 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xMarkFitzGeraldx (Post 32129897)
They are not QD. Only the SUHD models, from everything I have been privy to, states this as fact.

That is certainly disappointing. I was hoping the JU7100 was QD. Oh well.

CalmNirvana 02-26-2015 05:33 AM

Hey guys! I'm just curious. What is a 4K TV good for at the moment ? I can understand that a 4K computer monitor is useful for games or productivity, but a 4K TV ?
Or are you more interested in the display technology and the fact that it's 4K is an extra ?

Taktix1 02-26-2015 09:29 AM

Does anyone know when the 2015 Sammy's will get released? Waiting for the HU8550 to drop in price again, $3k is pretty steep considering it was $2300 during black friday.

dja2189 02-26-2015 02:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know when the 2015 samsungs will be available in best buy? The return period is running out on my hu8550 and I'm looking to get the ju7100 or js8500 maybe if that's flat and not curved and not too expensive, what do you guys think?

RicFlair 02-26-2015 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dja2189 (Post 32150009)
Does anyone know when the 2015 samsungs will be available in best buy? The return period is running out on my hu8550 and I'm looking to get the ju7100 or js8500 maybe if that's flat and not curved and not too expensive, what do you guys think?

What's wrong with the 8550?

player002 02-26-2015 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dja2189 (Post 32150009)
Does anyone know when the 2015 samsungs will be available in best buy? The return period is running out on my hu8550 and I'm looking to get the ju7100 or js8500 maybe if that's flat and not curved and not too expensive, what do you guys think?

Within next 2 weeks..The ju7100 you can get right now from samsungs site with a discount 65 inch
SUGGESTED RETAIL:$3,499.99
YOUR PRICE:$2,799.99
YOU SAVE: $700

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/uhd-tv

dja2189 02-26-2015 07:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by player002 (Post 32154209)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dja2189 (Post 32150009)
Does anyone know when the 2015 samsungs will be available in best buy? The return period is running out on my hu8550 and I'm looking to get the ju7100 or js8500 maybe if that's flat and not curved and not too expensive, what do you guys think?

Within next 2 weeks..The ju7100 you can get right now from samsungs site with a discount 65 inch
SUGGESTED RETAIL:$3,499.99
YOUR PRICE:$2,799.99
YOU SAVE: $700

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/uhd-tv

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicFlair (Post 32154129)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dja2189 (Post 32150009)
Does anyone know when the 2015 samsungs will be available in best buy? The return period is running out on my hu8550 and I'm looking to get the ju7100 or js8500 maybe if that's flat and not curved and not too expensive, what do you guys think?

What's wrong with the 8550?

I see some weird artifacts sometimes on the 8550 and I also have a lot of edge light bleed. Also, I'm sure the newer tvs will be nicer and fix a lot of things from the 2014 tvs. Does anyone have any pics of the ju7100? I can't find them anywhere. But do you guys think I should return my 8550 and get the ju7100? I believe it is a flat screen and also 4k and also 240hz, am I correct?

ray0414 02-26-2015 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dja2189 (Post 32157513)
I see some weird artifacts sometimes on the 8550 and I also have a lot of edge light bleed. Also, I'm sure the newer tvs will be nicer and fix a lot of things from the 2014 tvs. Does anyone have any pics of the ju7100? I can't find them anywhere. But do you guys think I should return my 8550 and get the ju7100? I believe it is a flat screen and also 4k and also 240hz, am I correct?

might be worth a try just because your current tv has alot of edge bleed. the new tv will already come with tizen and the new picture engine. i cant say if hte 7100 will be better or as good, but if you can get one with better uniformity and upgraded features/engine you might be more happier overall that way.

EDIT: and i agree, my 8550 had weird artifacts too, and i noticed the same issue last night at ABC warehouse when i went to make my tv payment on the 8550 on display.

dja2189 02-28-2015 12:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Has anyone seen any pictures of the ju7100? I can't find any images anywhere of what it looks like, just that stock photo on the Samsung website. Also, so do you think the ju7100 will be in best buy within the next 2 weeks?

chadpetree 03-02-2015 01:48 PM

I think this would be cheaper, the 55" model costs 1800 $ :eek: , then how much are they expecting to charge for the ju8500? 2500 $ ? :confused:

fzara2000 03-02-2015 07:25 PM

So if I have a budget of $3500, would it be better to wait for the 65" JS8500 if the ju7500 is $3k?

x3sphere 03-02-2015 07:32 PM

I think the JU7100/7500 will be inferior to the HU8550. You're probably going to have to step up to the JS8500 if you want an upgrade.

Comparing prices is moot, unless you're looking at the initial prices of the HU8550. The 65" HU8550 started at $4K too.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.