***OFFICIAL** 2015 Samsung 4K SUHD JS9000 Series Curved Smart TV Thread - Page 134 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 973Likes

post #3991 of 4268 Old 03-25-2017, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Not netflix hdr thats for sure and we don't get to hear anything from samsung about what changes the firmware updates bring...
King Richard and green666 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3992 of 4268 Old 03-26-2017, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiroluc View Post
Hello, what improvements has the update 1490.3?
If anyone knows?

Thank you
Nothing really ...except that Youtube now shows loading for 4k, and auto downgrade all videos to 720p ...worked fine on previous fw. (I have 100mbit internet now so it shouldnt be a problem) Might need to reset the damn thing.

1st 55js8002: Bad DSE - returned for replace
2nd 55js8002: Exactly the same thing - refund
55js9002: Panel R.I.P. (edge bleed after 1 year of use) - refund
55x900E: Great TV - hope it will last
post #3993 of 4268 Old 03-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Anyway ...here is how my once near perfect screen looks now after 10 months of owning...

http://imgur.com/8yvCBh5

http://imgur.com/BzCSqaX

It shows none of it on the black and dark colors, so cant put it as classic light bleed Watched Rogue One last night and didnt see it at all. Still not sure if its worth the trouble of replacing the panel (afraid of DSE, banding, clouding) or worse, going to a non 3D Ks

Never had a harder decision ...my eyes are now trained to search for it on every light material Wife say not to bother with it, i even considered putting a silver tape near frame (3-4mm to cover it) In the price range i could probably get KS 7500 at best and i dont think its in the same league with PQ.

Last edited by green666; 03-26-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3994 of 4268 Old 03-26-2017, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiroluc View Post
Hello, what improvements has the update 1490.3?
If anyone knows?

Thank you
I recalibrated last night and found a slight variance in greyscale. Apart from this, no significant changes that I'm aware of.
King Richard likes this.
post #3995 of 4268 Old 03-29-2017, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I didn't get any responses to my post above. I have sense made the change from movie mode to standard just so the PQ can look decent. I previously used nothing but movie mode. I have the backlight at about 8 or so and still see bright spots on the screen when there is a black background. I guess I need to call to have the TV checked?

Grit N Grind
Glory Glory Man United
Go Cubs Go
post #3996 of 4268 Old 03-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post
I didn't get any responses to my post above. I have sense made the change from movie mode to standard just so the PQ can look decent. I previously used nothing but movie mode. I have the backlight at about 8 or so and still see bright spots on the screen when there is a black background. I guess I need to call to have the TV checked?
No one can help you if you don`t provide pictures. I use backlight 6, contrast 90, brightness 45, gamma -1 for SD (standard mode) and BL:10, contrast 90(92), gamma -2(0) for stb 1080i HD (movie mode) ...with custom 2 point calibration with red at -10, blue +6, green +2 and it looks great. Motion compensation is OFF (custom off) as it do frame skip and stuttering sometimes (stb) Also recently changed digital clean view from OFF to AUTO for HD and it looks much better, for the txt and upscalling a lower resolution jaggies. Though it might loose the pixel sharpness bit it didn`t, it adds a smoother look. Mpegcompression OFF ofc unless SD signal, then it must be on AUTO as well. cHEERS.

post #3997 of 4268 Old 03-29-2017, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

I contacted Samsung today (email and phone) and they said the light bleed (light breach from frame) shouldn`t be there and that i should contact my closest service (which is 3km from my home actually) and i am a bit sceptical with delivering my tv to the local repair man. I ll try to get them come to me, even if i had to pick them up. With DSE, banding, clouding and other software/hardware related problems that people have, that i certainly don`t have, it leave me little hope to get a problem free panel (even if they are willing to replace it) then play the the infinite lottery .. with my previous post, would you risk a replace of almost prefect panel with a little side bleed and play panel lottery in my case? Help!

post #3998 of 4268 Old 03-29-2017, 09:41 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1796 Post(s)
Liked: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by green666 View Post
I contacted Samsung today (email and phone) and they said the light bleed (light breach from frame) shouldn`t be there and that i should contact my closest service (which is 3km from my home actually) and i am a bit sceptical with delivering my tv to the local repair man. I ll try to get them come to me, even if i had to pick them up. With DSE, banding, clouding and other software/hardware related problems that people have, that i certainly don`t have, it leave me little hope to get a problem free panel (even if they are willing to replace it) then play the the infinite lottery .. with my previous post, would you risk a replace of almost prefect panel with a little side bleed and play panel lottery in my case? Help!

Well if it was my TV, I personally wouldn't risk it.

...but that's just me.

Richard
green666 likes this.
post #3999 of 4268 Old 03-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Well if it was my TV, I personally wouldn't risk it.

...but that's just me.

Richard
Thank you for opinion. The thing that worries me (as i have pictures before the bleed and between 3 of them) is that it might get worse over time. It started on the middle of frame and then 2 more popped at the bottom a week later. Its not visible on all material but if you try hard you ll notice it in almost every situation (but i would need to point it out for someone that dont know where it is). Trying to figure what it is ...there is a gap between the glass and frame, but i also tried squizing the frame to glass to almost no gap and theres no difference, so it must be some of the layers inside that dont change gray (%) properly. It bugs me because i really watch it the with "leds saving" (5-6 BL mostly) and hardly ever HDR material (3-4 times). No dynamic contrast or "torch mode", always cleaning it with dry cloth so no wet can get inside the frame, even kids are extra careful with it...I really nursed it more then my kids ...but it still defected Wandering why this happens at just 1 year of old (quality and durability for such premium product). First i had Sony trinitron that had power failure 5 days after exactly 1 year (warranty 1 year), then Panny 720p plasma - still work without any flaws at my friends home, then 2nd Panny plasma 1080p that got burn in - but that was after 6 years, and they were worried about plasma`s durability, it still works at my sister`s, its 8 yo now. Never though LEDs arent made for durability, and now had to deal with this.

Last edited by green666; 03-29-2017 at 11:13 AM.
post #4000 of 4268 Old 03-30-2017, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is Netflix 4k HDR on new Europe FW?
post #4001 of 4268 Old 03-30-2017, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Got absolutely nothing to do with the technology as sets I first purchased in 2008 that are still working. Plasmas are also more complicated, have heat issues and despite the statements about burn in I have not had one that's lived up to the claims and suffered from the SkyF1 DOG burn in after just one year. More that likely it is the build quality that's slipped..
post #4002 of 4268 Old 03-31-2017, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Firmware 1481 had stutter when Game mode was turned on. With 1490 the issue seems to be fixed.
I thought it was a problem with my PC until I turned Game mode off.
T100 likes this.
post #4003 of 4268 Old 04-01-2017, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Anyway ...here is how my once near perfect screen looks now after 10 months of owning...

http://imgur.com/8yvCBh5

http://imgur.com/BzCSqaX

It shows none of it on the black and dark colors, so cant put it as classic light bleed Watched Rogue One last night and didnt see it at all. Still not sure if its worth the trouble of replacing the panel (afraid of DSE, banding, clouding) or worse, going to a non 3D Ks

Never had a harder decision ...my eyes are now trained to search for it on every light material Wife say not to bother with it, i even considered putting a silver tape near frame (3-4mm to cover it) In the price range i could probably get KS 7500 at best and i dont think its in the same league with PQ.
I have the same issue, except it's up and down the entire left-hand side with a point in the middle that is a bit brighter. I also saw reports of this in a different site's JS9000 owner's thread just a few minutes ago too.
post #4004 of 4268 Old 04-03-2017, 03:58 AM

Liked: 4
JS9000 Edge Bleed issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaimer Rob View Post
I have the same issue, except it's up and down the entire left-hand side with a point in the middle that is a bit brighter. I also saw reports of this in a different site's JS9000 owner's thread just a few minutes ago too.
Hey,

I have the same issue on my JS9000 55" TV - had since Oct 2015, edge started to bleed (only on bright (not dark) scenes).

The "bleed" is on both sides - around 7 spots on each side - worst in the middle edge of screen on left and right.

Seems this is no isolated now.

I will be taking up the 5 year garuantee on this panel - anyone had success in claiming?

Matt
post #4005 of 4268 Old 04-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I had the same bleed on the left side. Samsung replaced the display screen. Shipped direct to my house for repairman to come and replace.
post #4006 of 4268 Old 04-06-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2017 View Post
Hey,

I have the same issue on my JS9000 55" TV - had since Oct 2015, edge started to bleed (only on bright (not dark) scenes).

The "bleed" is on both sides - around 7 spots on each side - worst in the middle edge of screen on left and right.

Seems this is no isolated now.

I will be taking up the 5 year garuantee on this panel - anyone had success in claiming?

Matt
I bought my 65" the same month as you, same thing about it being in the middle too. Samsung has a 5-year guarantee on the panel? I don't know anything about their warranty, but I did buy the TV at Best Buy and I then purchased the warranty through SquareTrade via Costco, so I have no idea what to expect if I start making claims for something like this.
post #4007 of 4268 Old 04-06-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radman58 View Post
I had the same bleed on the left side. Samsung replaced the display screen. Shipped direct to my house for repairman to come and replace.

How long had you had the TV? What was the process like? Did you need the original receipt? I don't even know where mine is anymore but I could maybe find it. I know I have a scanned copy of it.
post #4008 of 4268 Old 04-06-2017, 07:54 PM

I just put a strip of black electrical tape down the front of each side and it works pretty nicely. I'll just stick with that until I finally file a claim with SquareTrade. I have a $6,000 amount that can be covered, and maybe if I do it far enough in the future they'll just replace the TV with something else due to lack of parts.
green666 likes this.

Last edited by Reclaimer Rob; 04-06-2017 at 09:40 PM.
post #4009 of 4268 Old 04-07-2017, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
No one can help you if you don`t provide pictures. I use backlight 6, contrast 90, brightness 45, gamma -1 for SD (standard mode) and BL:10, contrast 90(92), gamma -2(0) for stb 1080i HD (movie mode) ...with custom 2 point calibration with red at -10, blue +6, green +2 and it looks great. Motion compensation is OFF (custom off) as it do frame skip and stuttering sometimes (stb) Also recently changed digital clean view from OFF to AUTO for HD and it looks much better, for the txt and upscalling a lower resolution jaggies. Though it might loose the pixel sharpness bit it didn`t, it adds a smoother look. Mpegcompression OFF ofc unless SD signal, then it must be on AUTO as well. cHEERS.
I finally got around to checking on this. When I changed to movie mode the pq was closer to how I have it for standard mode, but I confirmed the settings are different. I know it sounds crazy and I can't explain it as I know when I last tried to work on movie mode it did not look like that. I'll have to watch movie mode some more to see how the pq continues to do.

Grit N Grind
Glory Glory Man United
Go Cubs Go
post #4010 of 4268 Old 04-07-2017, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Quoted: 1953 Post(s)
Liked: 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimc View Post
Is Netflix 4k HDR on new Europe FW?
As I've posted previously, Samsung tells me that the UK, Europe, and Australia are due to get Netflix HDR compatibility by June of this year.
King Richard likes this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #4011 of 4268 Old 04-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radman58 View Post
And how is the new panel working? Any defects (lightbleed, clouding, banding, color banding, DSE) ? Did you get the original Samsung panel or the 2nd party chinese one? Thats my biggest concern ... with my case, i phoned Samsung and they directed me to a local repair shop which say (phoned today) that they dont fix "big screens" and i have 55, they send it directly to the main service which is 300km away, like they did with my local shop warranty claim on js8000, where i was waiting for 23 days to get a refund (DSE on the middle of screen).

Now i am trying to see if i can get the local guy to get to my home and make impression of it, so we can check what my options are (new panel, or KS series) ...i would love for it to just be fixed somehow, as i kinda like this particular problem free panel (minus the strange "blue bleed" as its called when i google it) and i dont trust this new "thin tech" anymore. Colors are great, upscalling is out of this world and 3D is fantastic (watched TMNT2 few days ago), seams almost like it was timed out to have problems exactly at a 1 year mark.

I have Toshiba 32TL838G on my bedroom wall, which is now 7 yo, also 3D edge lit and i was just wandering today, why it never have any problems, panel is perfectly clean with no defects, but upscalling and brightness is so s***ty. Makes me wonder if the problem is specific to curved screen?

Still trying to decide if i should go panel gambling, possible scratches and be without the tv for a month or get used to it - which is kinda hard when you know where it is. My stupid perfect eyes

post #4012 of 4268 Old 04-10-2017, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 7
***OFFICIAL** 2015 Samsung 4K SUHD JS9000 Series Curved Smart TV Thread

My tv I purchased in December 2015 has an issue with the edge lighting clouding. Also, I noticed some days the picture is better than other days with the same source and settings. Hopefully my warranty will replace it but picture quality was never an issue with my 2013 LG which has consistent picture quality. I won't ever by another Samsung TV. They are very good at marketing and over pricing. Even claiming SUHD is on par with OLED and charging the same money. The curve is nice though. Sony will be my next purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by larollin; 04-10-2017 at 07:46 PM.
post #4013 of 4268 Old 04-10-2017, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
@larollin
What's the name of the movie?
That's a good shot to show up the light bleed. I may have one small patch on the left but am not sure. Getting to the same movie frame where you are will certainly help.
post #4014 of 4268 Old 04-10-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldfarter View Post
@larollin

What's the name of the movie?

That's a good shot to show up the light bleed. I may have one small patch on the left but am not sure. Getting to the same movie frame where you are will certainly help.

Let me in.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0544.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	2077817  
post #4015 of 4268 Old 04-10-2017, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks
post #4016 of 4268 Old 04-11-2017, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larollin View Post
My tv I purchased in December 2015 has an issue with the edge lighting clouding. Also, I noticed some days the picture is better than other days with the same source and settings. Hopefully my warranty will replace it but picture quality was never an issue with my 2013 LG which has consistent picture quality. I won't ever by another Samsung TV. They are very good at marketing and over pricing. Even claiming SUHD is on par with OLED and charging the same money. The curve is nice though. Sony will be my next purchase.

Holy s***! So i can expect that on mine in a next few months. Its strange that on your panel its visible on black background, and on mine its only on light uniform backgrounds ... No tape can cover what you have on your screen How many hrs per day you use your tv?

Just before i ve started having that problem i though i had a golden sample, that i am safe for 5-6 years years, thats how satisfied i was with this tv....sigh.

Guys, i hope its not the direction of where all the panels will go eventually, afraid majority will be there after warranty expires. The time will tell if that was the main reason KS went with up-down leds instead of side frame, but you loose the neat cinema black option because of the leds position.

post #4017 of 4268 Old 04-11-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Holy s***! So i can expect that on mine in a next few months. Its strange that on your panel its visible on black background, and on mine its only on light uniform backgrounds ... No tape can cover what you have on your screen How many hrs per day you use your tv?

Just before i ve started having that problem i though i had a golden sample, that i am safe for 5-6 years years, thats how satisfied i was with this tv....sigh.

Guys, i hope its not the direction of where all the panels will go eventually, afraid majority will be there after warranty expires. The time will tell if that was the main reason KS went with up-down leds instead of side frame, but you loose the neat cinema black option because of the leds position.

If I'm not at work, I watch it a lot. But I notice the picture quality just isn't what it was the year I purchased it 2015.

post #4018 of 4268 Old 04-11-2017, 08:42 AM

Liked: 4
JS9000 - Edge Bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaimer Rob View Post
I bought my 65" the same month as you, same thing about it being in the middle too. Samsung has a 5-year guarantee on the panel? I don't know anything about their warranty, but I did buy the TV at Best Buy and I then purchased the warranty through SquareTrade via Costco, so I have no idea what to expect if I start making claims for something like this.

Edge bleed on my 55" JS9000 - bought in October 2015 - started on the left hand side in March 2017 (one spot) and spreading quickly on both sides for no reason - almost as if the LED drivers are burning too bright or burning through the edge of the screen locally????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	white.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	2078201  
larollin and green666 like this.
post #4019 of 4268 Old 04-11-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Edge bleed on my 55" JS9000 - bought in October 2015 - started on the left hand side in March 2017 (one spot) and spreading quickly on both sides for no reason - almost as if the LED drivers are burning too bright or burning through the edge of the screen locally????

Samsung is garbage. I won't be buying another. In fact if SquareTrade let me trade it for something else I'll take a Sony 4k.

post #4020 of 4268 Old 04-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yep ...exactly my thoughts. When i set it to "HDR mode" (manually to 20/100) its almost impossible to see, but anything less its there, its kinda impossible to watch a local antenna SD with that brightness. Putting backlight to 0 and Brightness to 0 have no impact on it as well, like the specific leds are always on ...but that cant explain why i dont see it on a black/dark grey background. Also, might have to do something with light sensor (even though i have all ECO options off) ...on a sunny day its more visible then at pitch black night environment. Hm.

Samsung sent me email today that they cant specify what problem is, and that i should contact their main service, clearly avoiding what i think they know what it is about. I "cherry" picked my TV at the local store so i could be sure i am getting the "perfect panel" (dse, light bleed etc) ...i made them let me test it with my usb for 20 mins And now i should gamble again, possibly with a non korean panel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2-channel audio js9000 internet , js9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page