***OFFICIAL** 2015 Samsung 4K SUHD JS9000 Series Curved Smart TV Thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 974Likes

post #871 of 4269 Old 07-06-2015, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Thanks. I had that, it reverted back to 2.206 which took away my uhd/hdr section.

I just checked my JS8500 I have in a guest room and it has the same MGO version, I also seem to have no issues with downloading or playback with the video pack that stays connected to that TV or the video pack from my JS9000 or vise versa. on the JS9000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 4269 Old 07-06-2015, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by billt928 View Post
I'm having no issues downloading or viewing MGo UHD with HDR movies. Playback is fine Contrast and Brightness automatically adjust when HDR MGo downloaded content is played. The one thing I am sure of is that most of Samsung's support people are clueless, you will not get the same answer twice and they will contradict each other.

I have more solid information from this forum then any of the time I have contacted Samsung support.
Thanks for that. My JS9000 and UHD pack are brand new as of Saturday. I'm just posting the official Samsung statement and reality of M-Go functionality for those who might be considering purchasing the TV right now. It doesn't work out of the box and no workaround known.

Glad it is working for some folks. That might indicate a chance for M-Go to officially work on the 2015 models sometime down the road. Or they might be locking out the old UHD video packs with plans to force 2015 model owners to purchase the new UHD video pack due to be released later this year.

Who knows. All I can say is M-Go does not work with new TVs right now. All the HDR announcements way back in June seemed to indicate M-Go HDR titles would work on 2015 model TVs. Not the first time Samsung has disappointed me.
post #873 of 4269 Old 07-07-2015, 02:59 AM

I do not think its an issue with the TV. It's an issue with the video pack firmware. I was able to update the firmware on my video packs on a HU9000 using MGO about a month ago before the last forced firmware update. The HU9000 had auto app update off and auto firmware off. With MGO open I plugged in each of my video packs and was prompted with a firmware update for the video pack. After that each of them worked with my JS8500 and JS9000 TV's using MGO without issue. I have since purchased another video pack from Best Buy for $50 and since the last firmware forced by Samsung that changed the SmartHub look on the HU9000 this no longer works for me.

I can only guess that this issue/false limitation is being created by Samsung to force people to buy a new version of the video pack when they release it that will work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #874 of 4269 Old 07-07-2015, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
Anyone know if there is any 4k torrents yet?

I know there is last X man in 4k...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #875 of 4269 Old 07-07-2015, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 12412 Post(s)
Liked: 11589
Quote:
I do not think its an issue with the TV. It's an issue with the video pack firmware. I was able to update the firmware on my video packs on a HU9000 using MGO about a month ago before the last forced firmware update. The HU9000 had auto app update off and auto firmware off. With MGO open I plugged in each of my video packs and was prompted with a firmware update for the video pack. After that each of them worked with my JS8500 and JS9000 TV's using MGO without issue. I have since purchased another video pack from Best Buy for $50 and since the last firmware forced by Samsung that changed the SmartHub look on the HU9000 this no longer works for me.

I can only guess that this issue/false limitation is being created by Samsung to force people to buy a new version of the video pack when they release it that will work.
I have 2 china made video packs. 1 works and 1 doesnt. If Samsung wanted to "break" the video packs they would break all of them, not some. It appears the issue is with the chinese packs. All korea made packs work properly.

There's also the issue of certain versions of mgo not working properly, which has nothing to do with the video packs themselves. The download section is completely gone on alot of tvs. Hopefully they can fix it all at once.
post #876 of 4269 Old 07-07-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I have 2 china made video packs. 1 works and 1 doesnt. If Samsung wanted to "break" the video packs they would break all of them, not some. It appears the issue is with the chinese packs. All korea made packs work properly.

There's also the issue of certain versions of mgo not working properly, which has nothing to do with the video packs themselves. The download section is completely gone on alot of tvs. Hopefully they can fix it all at once.
Just checked my 5 video pack drives and the 4 that are working 2 are Korean and 2 are Chinese. My 5th non MGO compatible is Chinese. I'm going to look for my first video pack that came with a F9000 and is only 500GB and not compatible with any of the evolutions kits or newer TV's. It had some software on the drive that told you the firmware version of the drive

I'm sure its a case of Samsung not providing MGO with the firmware changes they need in a timely manner or they just one to sell new versions of the drive, why else would they have such a drastic decrease in price. really form $399 to $59. sure seems like a blowout to me
post #877 of 4269 Old 07-07-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Just checked my 5 video pack drives and the 4 that are working 2 are Korean and 2 are Chinese. My 5th non MGO compatible is Chinese. I'm going to look for my first video pack that came with a F9000 and is only 500GB and not compatible with any of the evolutions kits or newer TV's. It had some software on the drive that told you the firmware version of the drive

I'm sure its a case of Samsung not providing MGO with the firmware changes they need in a timely manner or they just one to sell new versions of the drive, why else would they have such a drastic decrease in price. really form $399 to $59. sure seems like a blowout to me

If it doesnt get fixed, samsung is going to be flooded with BBB complaints and then we'll all get new video packs. Or we'll just keep posting complaints. I will personally start thread specifically for us filin BBB complaints if the issue isnt fixed.
post #878 of 4269 Old 07-07-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
If it doesnt get fixed, samsung is going to be flooded with BBB complaints and then we'll all get new video packs. Or we'll just keep posting complaints. I will personally start thread specifically for us filin BBB complaints if the issue isnt fixed.

Look at Samsung's track record with these video packs. These are all second generations video packs. how do you think the people that had first generation video packs felt when the installed evolution kits only to find the video packs were incompatible now and Samsung had a new version for sale @ $399

I know I was pissed off about it. the videos on it would not even play on a F9000 with evolution kit or a 2014 HU series. How many here had a first generation video pack. So it would not surprise me if Samsung only allows this to work with a third generation drive.

BBB complaints will go nowhere since the drives work as intended, the videos that came preloaded on the drive play and MGO is a 3rd party running a beta video download program. I know this was not a option then I first got my F9000 or the HU9000 tat followed. It was added around the end of the 3rd quarter of 2014 and at that time MGO prompted me with a firmware update to the video pack that enabled the download feature.
post #879 of 4269 Old 07-08-2015, 03:02 PM

This is Samsung's response to my request to clarify that M-Go cannot be used on the JS9000. Basically they want me to make my own 4K movies. :-) They did not answer the question as to why the M-Go app is on the TV if it cannot be used.

Thank you for contacting Samsung. I understand that you would like to know if you can download UHD movies on your UHD video pack connected to your TV model: UN65JS9000FXZA. I have checked the information for you and see that using the UHD video pack you can only watch the movies. It is not possible to download additional movies on the video pack. To fully enjoy the true 4K picture quality, you can get 4K content from various sources:

1. 8.3 MP (Mega Pixel) and higher cameras can take 4K resolution pictures that can be displayed on the TV.

2. YouTube has 4K resolution videos available on their website that can be downloaded and played back on the TV.

3. Games such as Dirt 3 and battlefield 3 support 4K output but will require a computer that is capable of outputting 4K resolution

If you have any more questions related to Samsung devices, feel free to contact us. We are available 24/7 to assist you.
post #880 of 4269 Old 07-08-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterfram View Post
This is Samsung's response to my request to clarify that M-Go cannot be used on the JS9000. Basically they want me to make my own 4K movies. :-) They did not answer the question as to why the M-Go app is on the TV if it cannot be used.

Thank you for contacting Samsung. I understand that you would like to know if you can download UHD movies on your UHD video pack connected to your TV model: UN65JS9000FXZA. I have checked the information for you and see that using the UHD video pack you can only watch the movies. It is not possible to download additional movies on the video pack. To fully enjoy the true 4K picture quality, you can get 4K content from various sources:

1. 8.3 MP (Mega Pixel) and higher cameras can take 4K resolution pictures that can be displayed on the TV.

2. YouTube has 4K resolution videos available on their website that can be downloaded and played back on the TV.

3. Games such as Dirt 3 and battlefield 3 support 4K output but will require a computer that is capable of outputting 4K resolution

If you have any more questions related to Samsung devices, feel free to contact us. We are available 24/7 to assist you.

3rd party outsourced. its a crap shoot with every "rep" you get each time whether or not they actually know what they are talking about. You might get farther if you try calling, and speaking with a rep that is in the united states.

75Q9FN*55C8OLED*Galaxy S10+ *Ub820 fed into Oppo 203* XB1X* 4k Denon X4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
post #881 of 4269 Old 07-08-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:

I bet if that same question was asked 3 times by 3 different people, Samsung support would provide 3 completely different answers.
post #882 of 4269 Old 07-08-2015, 03:21 PM

The support rep responses are pretty funny though.
post #883 of 4269 Old 07-08-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
The support rep responses are pretty funny though.

ive talked to multiple reps that dont even know what HDR is.

post #884 of 4269 Old 07-10-2015, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I run one of the 3d tests on the Spears & Mansil (crosshairs background/forground and flat) some of the crosshairs are ghosted, can this be fixed through professional calibration (access to service menu)? Or is this something only Samsung can fix?
Thx
post #885 of 4269 Old 07-11-2015, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover2002 View Post
When I run one of the 3d tests on the Spears & Mansil (crosshairs background/forground and flat) some of the crosshairs are ghosted, can this be fixed through professional calibration (access to service menu)? Or is this something only Samsung can fix?
Thx
While reading reviews before purchasing this TV, I did see a few reviews that said the 3D quality was not good. I believe they even used the word ghosting. I don't use 3D so can't help there, but maybe do a search to see if your experience is common. The curved screen is a problem for 3D.
post #886 of 4269 Old 07-11-2015, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
While reading reviews before purchasing this TV, I did see a few reviews that said the 3D quality was not good. I believe they even used the word ghosting. I don't use 3D so can't help there, but maybe do a search to see if your experience is common. The curved screen is a problem for 3D.
I own a 55JS9000 I love 3d and found that on my set the 3d is spectacular! Previous to owning the JS I had a HU8550 which also had very good 3d, but the JS in my opinion takes it to a different level.
ingramba likes this.

Samsung 55JS9000
Vizio P65-C1
post #887 of 4269 Old 07-12-2015, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello, thank u to all for the helpful info. I just got the sony 850c. I'm happy with it, except for the fact that the very edges of the panel appear to be washed out a little, causing the images at the very edges to appear somewhat washed out/lightened, most likely a result of the edge back lighting. I'm thinking about exchanging it for the samsung 8500/9000 if u think this isn't an issue on the models. Or...is this just a reality on all edge lit tvs? Many thanks for your feedback.
post #888 of 4269 Old 07-12-2015, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdompaths View Post
Hello, thank u to all for the helpful info. I just got the sony 850c. I'm happy with it, except for the fact that the very edges of the panel appear to be washed out a little, causing the images at the very edges to appear somewhat washed out/lightened, most likely a result of the edge back lighting. I'm thinking about exchanging it for the samsung 8500/9000 if u think this isn't an issue on the models. Or...is this just a reality on all edge lit tvs? Many thanks for your feedback.
I have a 55" JS9000 and don't notice this issue. Is it always noticable?
post #889 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 13
No, but frequently, especially when camera pans across a screen. Left side little worse. Any problems with light bleed, clouding, torch lights, or other issues re: back lighting on your samsung?
post #890 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I am a new owner of a UN65JS9000. I'd like to utilize the USB input on the one connect for an external USB drive. Would like some advice on what kind to buy.

I've never used an external drive for movie watching. I'd like to get a fairly small one in size so it's not to bulky. Been reading up on them some and sounds and have a coup;le questions:

(1) I need to get one that is powered, that simply connecting to the usb on the one connect won't power it.

(2) Is there any special formatting I need to look for when shopping for a drive?

Any recommendations on one to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any info.
post #891 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am thinking about buying this TV. I plan on hooking it up along with my PC and consoles to this sound bar...

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...or/ysp-4300_u/

My main concern resides with losing features the TV is capable of by hooking up the TV to that sound bar. Does anyone know if I am going to lose some or any of the features(for example HDR) this TV is capable of by using that sound bar?

Any information you can provide is extremely appreciated, thank you!
post #892 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSchoch View Post
I am a new owner of a UN65JS9000. I'd like to utilize the USB input on the one connect for an external USB drive. Would like some advice on what kind to buy.

I've never used an external drive for movie watching. I'd like to get a fairly small one in size so it's not to bulky. Been reading up on them some and sounds and have a coup;le questions:

(1) I need to get one that is powered, that simply connecting to the usb on the one connect won't power it.

(2) Is there any special formatting I need to look for when shopping for a drive?

Any recommendations on one to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any info.
Page 160
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.310-0603.pdf

Paradigm PW AMP, KEF Q100, Emotiva B1, Rythmik L12
post #893 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hi,

I recently purchased a JS9000. It won't arrive for a couple days. Has anyone been using it with the 802.11/ac connection? Is it sufficient to stream 4K Netflix/Amazon? I have great signal from my MacbookPro from where it will sit. ~150+Mbps. Trying to decide if I should run a CAT5/6 cable through my attic or crawl space or if WiFi will be good enough. Distance is maybe 100ft.
post #894 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty2ky View Post
Hi,

I recently purchased a JS9000. It won't arrive for a couple days. Has anyone been using it with the 802.11/ac connection? Is it sufficient to stream 4K Netflix/Amazon? I have great signal from my MacbookPro from where it will sit. ~150+Mbps. Trying to decide if I should run a CAT5/6 cable through my attic or crawl space or if WiFi will be good enough. Distance is maybe 100ft.
No issues with my netgear ac router. My ISP is 75 mbps down.
post #895 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Darbee

Hi All,
Using my OPPO 103-D on my 55JS9000 Im not seeing a lot of difference like I did on my H7150 1080P set. Could it be because this is 4k with the Nano technology?
Just wondering if I should bypass the Darbee and does it make any difference on the JS9000?
post #896 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingramba View Post
Hi All,
Using my OPPO 103-D on my 55JS9000 Im not seeing a lot of difference like I did on my H7150 1080P set. Could it be because this is 4k with the Nano technology?
Just wondering if I should bypass the Darbee and does it make any difference on the JS9000?
what are your settings for the oppo 103D?

post #897 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty2ky View Post
Hi,

I had my JS9000 wired connection error out with an "Invalid MAC Address" error that I couldn't resolve the other day. I had to switch over to 802.11/ac connection and made no difference. Still solid bandwidth. The last few throughput charts on my Amazon streaming UHD thread are over wireless ac. See https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...iscussion.html

I'm not worried about losing the wired connection to the ac wireless bridge router I use for other media devices. The JS9000 wireless hardware seems to be top notch. But I'll probably try again with the js9000 wired connection after the next firmware update.
matty2ky likes this.
post #898 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingramba View Post
Hi All,
The JS9000 upscales all incoming non-4k content to 4k. And it is pretty well reviewed upscaling tech. So it wouldn't surprise me if the content looked same or similar or better to Darby upscaling. In other words, no need to upscale content before it gets to the TV. The TV will handle it.
ingramba likes this.
post #899 of 4269 Old 07-13-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPJ View Post
I am thinking about buying this TV. I plan on hooking it up along with my PC and consoles to this sound bar...

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...or/ysp-4300_u/

My main concern resides with losing features the TV is capable of by hooking up the TV to that sound bar. Does anyone know if I am going to lose some or any of the features(for example HDR) this TV is capable of by using that sound bar?

Any information you can provide is extremely appreciated, thank you!
It will be similar to using an AV receiver. There is no secondary HDMI output from the TV so to get audio from the TV to the sound bar. So you'll want to use ARC/CEC on over HDMI4, or optical output from the TV's One Connect Box to your sound bar to get the audio from content that originates from the TV. Either way, playing content from the TV itself, meaning streaming or using the USB UHD pack, you will still get HDR and UHD display normally. For non UHD/HDR content coming from other devices through your sound bar HDMI to your TV, just like an AV receiver, the sound bar will output the sound and pass through the video (most likely 1080i/p or less) to the TV.

When 4K blu ray players land late this year, we are hoping they will have a secondary HDMI output on the players to send non-HDCP 2.2 audio to receivers and sound bars. The video feed to the TV will need to be direct on an HDCP 2.2 HDMI connection until you upgrade your sound bar/receiver to an HDCP 2.2 compliant device (most of these products are just launching now through this autumn). In other words all devices in the feed to the TV will need to be HDCP 2.2 compliant to feed copy protected 4k/UHD/HDR material to the TV. For now, you can use your TV as the UHD content source of copy protected UHD/HDR content. Use HDMI ARC/CEC over HDMI4 port on the TV, or an optical cable, to your sound bar to get the audio on the sound bar.
post #900 of 4269 Old 07-14-2015, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpp8140 View Post
Thanks. I had the manual downloaded, just haven't gotten through it all yet!!!

Any recommendations on a compatible storage device? Again, looking for something somewhat compact I can set on top of the one connect in my audio/video stand.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2-channel audio js9000 internet , js9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page