***OFFICIAL** 2015 Samsung 4K SUHD JS9000 Series Curved Smart TV Thread - Page 62 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 975Likes

post #1831 of 4284 Old 12-13-2015, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1252 Post(s)
Liked: 790
You guys should pay close attention to CES 2016 conference from Jan 6th to Jan 8th. The final specs for what is considered true HDR and Wider color gamut will be revealed . Should be very interesting indeed.
CRITICALSHOT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 4284 Old 12-13-2015, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 16
How did a TV beak your AVR? Also an hour of your time might be worth $5 of $150 but they'll assume the former if you can call all the time. I would probably tell you to pound sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulkton View Post
Ok I am the guy who went through 3 ju7500 and am waiting for the exchange to call with my options. They they;d call Monday with my options.

Thank God the 65" 9000 went back to $2999 with the free HDD until 12/26. I am hoping they'll just offer that as an option @ no charge. The 9500 stayed at $4k. I am definitely NOT payingan extra $1500. I have a feeling the 9500 will drop after xmas and I will regret it but oh well.

Ideally they'll understand that they did ruin my HT system and if provided with a receipt I had to get a new one, will give me credit for that and let me pay a max of $500 for the 9500. Not holding my breath, but that is what I am pushing for, I am just not sure how hard to push. Filling a BBB report and all that nightmare of time ECT of of taking the 9000 @ free or paying something to upgrade. Even if they make me pay full price difference of $500 I might do it and then file a BBB compaint. I think I have a repair shop willing to state it was the OCM that took out the AVR.

A rep today told me they often offer a larger size and if they actually offered a 78" ju7500 I would take that lol.

Advice? I was overall happy with the ju7500 when it worked and wasn't breaking my expensive audio gear. The blacks just seemed darker when both were set to movie mode and even the picture difference with HDR wasn't that apparent to me.

it's just that if I end up with a 9000, after my receiver It'll end up costing me $3100 if they give it from free and 3600 f they make me pay the full difference. If they work with me on a 9500, credited me the $1100 I had o pay and anything for all the agrivation/liess/ and time spent dealing with this --for the AVR would most likely pay the $600 price difference.

Aside from all the extras on the 9500 the one I really care about is being direct lit and only the 9500 has that feature unless I took a lower model... No.

WHT would you do in my situation? Am I making too if of deal with direct lit? My room can go from bright to totalsilent, except a few Hue lights behind the TV.

My 6500 has terrible blacks and I don't want anything like that again.

Would you take the 9000 free? Would you pay anyting, up to $500, which would mean I got absolutely no consideration for my troubles, time, frustration of the extensive time I was without a TV... litter rally more women w or destroyed AVR, because They already own me 2500 on the 7500.
post #1833 of 4284 Old 12-13-2015, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4237 Post(s)
Liked: 4530
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert9674 View Post
You guys should pay close attention to CES 2016 conference from Jan 6th to Jan 8th. The final specs for what is considered true HDR and Wider color gamut will be revealed . Should be very interesting indeed.
Yeah this was mentioned before but I'm 100% confident that any TV that can do HDR today will qualify as HDR for UHD Blu-Ray.
CosmoNut likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 4284 Old 12-13-2015, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Since I only have couple of days left to return my set, I'd appreciate if someone chime in regarding these issues:

Judder: Except for the normal 1080i broadcast coming from my Dvr it has noticeable judder on all
Other contents with auto motion plus set to clear or off. Anything higher adds the SOE. I think the easiest way to check for this is rolling credits in movies. Can you guys check couple of movie credits for judder?

Clouding: I talked to couple of bestbuy sale reps and they told me clouding is normal for edge like tvs. These are the pics of the clouding on my set backlight is 20 on the first two and 10 on the third. There is also some banding when viewing from the side. Is this normal? Those of you with a uniformed screen can you post some pics

Thanks

image by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]faramarz_sh2

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red255

Untitled by faramarz_sh2, on Flickr\
}

Untitled by faramarz_sh2, on Flickr\
}

Last edited by Marzs1; 12-13-2015 at 08:24 PM.
post #1835 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Goodmorning everyone,
I recently purchased a UE55JS9000, really it has a beautiful quality with movies UHD !!
I have a video of a ceremony, made by a photographer, in .mpeg format to 1080p, in some scenes with movement ... like from above on a harbor, with many waves, the TV is a little jerky. I think it is a problem due to the settings of the TV, like motion plus, advanced LED, etc. but I do not know if everything is set correctly.

What are the correct parameters to be set on TV?

PS: I tried on a + UE46F8000 old and the problem was noticed very much less

Thanks
Regards,
Antonio
post #1836 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 02:42 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazzaro View Post
Goodmorning everyone,
I recently purchased a UE55JS9000, really it has a beautiful quality with movies UHD !!
I have a video of a ceremony, made by a photographer, in .mpeg format to 1080p, in some scenes with movement ... like from above on a harbor, with many waves, the TV is a little jerky. I think it is a problem due to the settings of the TV, like motion plus, advanced LED, etc. but I do not know if everything is set correctly.

What are the correct parameters to be set on TV?

PS: I tried on a + UE46F8000 old and the problem was noticed very much less

Thanks
Regards,
Antonio

Hi Antonio, congratulations on you new TV.

Click on "Picture Settings" in my signature below.

Richard
post #1837 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 02:59 AM

OK thank you very much,
tonight I come home I try and let you know.
post #1838 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 03:28 AM

You think that with those parameters solve the annoying problem?
With movies from netflix UHD you see a marvel
post #1839 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post
I returned my JS9000 and bought the JS9500. I'm not sure the extra cost is justified, but I bit the bullet anyhow.

Why would you not just set the video mode for game even when it's on PC?

Rob
How do you feel about that switch now that its been a while? I'm personally thinking of doing the same thing myself.
post #1840 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
hi, what brand or model of 3d glasses would you recommend for this tv model?, if it could be possible that amazon sells, because i'm from Mexico, thanks
ps: sorry for my bad english
post #1841 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 7
At night while watching movies with the black bars, I can see the lighting in the corners and I never saw that before. Also, the dimming between Dynamic, Natural, Standard and Movie is very extreme. Only Dynamic seems to be bright enough. Is my tv going bad? I do have a warranty.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
post #1842 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by larollin View Post
At night while watching movies with the black bars, I can see the lighting in the corners and I never saw that before. Also, the dimming between Dynamic, Natural, Standard and Movie is very extreme. Only Dynamic seems to be bright enough. Is my tv going bad? I do have a warranty.
The TV picture will age -- you'll lose some contrast. After setting the user controls as best I could about 3 months ago, I noticed some dimming a couple of days ago, and I had to turn up the Contrast control by two notches, to compensate.

The fact that you mention only picture modes (Natural, Movie, ...) and not user controls (Backlight, Contrast, Color, ...) suggests that you might not know you have to adjust the user controls to get the best picture quality. The picture modes are mostly just presets for sets of the most commonly changed user controls. Try experimenting with different settings for Backlight, Contrast, and so on, to get back a nice contrasty picture.

Greg Lee

Last edited by GregLee; 12-14-2015 at 10:47 AM.
post #1843 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee View Post
The TV picture will age -- you'll lose some contrast. After setting the user controls as best I could about 3 months ago, I noticed some dimming a couple of days ago, and I had to turn up the Contrast control by two notches, to compensate.

The fact that you mention only picture modes (Natural, Movie, ...) and not user controls (Backlight, Contrast, Color, ...) suggests that you might not know you have to adjust the user controls to get the best picture quality. The picture modes are mostly just presets for sets of the most commonly changed user controls. Try experimenting with different settings for Backlight, Contrast, and so on, to get back a nice contrasty picture.
Thanks, I did turn up the contrast and set Auto smart led to high. I just was thinking the tv is only 2 months old and It was bright enough on all setting out of the box. Hopefully it gets better.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
post #1844 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzs1 View Post
Since I only have couple of days left to return my set, I'd appreciate if someone chime in regarding these issues
I saw far more judder on my returned OLED than I ever have on my JS9000. Never seen it on movie credits like what you are describing but have seen it on panning shots. It could be you are particularly sensitive to judder.

Clouding is common on LCD but the amount can of course vary. In my opinion turning up the backlight to make it obvious is not a great idea. There is no point since you don't watch the TV that way. Is it obvious for you to see in normal viewing? If it bothers you under those conditions, return/exchange it. Only your eyes can really determine if it an issue or not.
post #1845 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkest View Post
hi, what brand or model of 3d glasses would you recommend for this tv model?, if it could be possible that amazon sells, because i'm from Mexico, thanks
ps: sorry for my bad english
I use these and they ship internationally. https://quantum3dglasses.com/shop/g5...th-compatible/
post #1846 of 4284 Old 12-14-2015, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrir View Post
I saw far more judder on my returned OLED than I ever have on my JS9000. Never seen it on movie credits like what you are describing but have seen it on panning shots. It could be you are particularly sensitive to judder.

Clouding is common on LCD but the amount can of course vary. In my opinion turning up the backlight to make it obvious is not a great idea. There is no point since you don't watch the TV that way. Is it obvious for you to see in normal viewing? If it bothers you under those conditions, return/exchange it. Only your eyes can really determine if it an issue or not.
I agree. Normal conditions matter more. Also where judder is concerned a 24p source shouldn't have any judder on this TV. A 60p source may. Some models of OLED cannot do judder free movies even at 24p(LG may have fixed this now for many people), but I know the JS9000 can have some at 60p.
Marzs1 likes this.

Last edited by cmdrdredd; 12-14-2015 at 07:26 PM.
post #1847 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrir View Post

Clouding is common on LCD but the amount can of course vary. In my opinion turning up the backlight to make it obvious is not a great idea. There is no point since you don't watch the TV that way. Is it obvious for you to see in normal viewing? If it bot
hers you under those conditions, return/exchange it. Only your eyes can really determine if it an issue or not.

Thanks for the reply I see judder in almost all panning and tilting in movies . News and sports are judder free I had never noticed judder on my sony z4100 and w4100 sets. maybe Iwas less sensitive to judder or it was lessnoticablein a 46 inch size. I suspect the 120Hz processing and pull downare nott working on my TV. Clouding does not bother me much in normal viewing conditions but it effects color uniformly.

Last edited by Marzs1; 12-15-2015 at 12:28 AM.
post #1848 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
I agree. Normal conditions matter more. Also where judder is concerned a 24p source shouldn't have any judder on this TV. A 60p source may. Some models of OLED cannot do judder free movies even at 24p(LG may have fixed this now for many people), but I know the JS9000 can have some at 60p.

Judder was one of the reasons I didnt get LG OLED . Are the built in Amazon/youtube/netflix/mgo apps capable of 24p? I get judder on all of them except for youtube [email protected]
post #1849 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 02:30 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by azazzaro View Post

The issue might be with the "source video". and not the TV.

Also, the fact that your new TV is larger than your old one and that the resolution is much higher might be making the issue more apparent/noticeable.

Try temporarily turning off all "Advanced Options" ("Dynamic Contrast", "Black Tone", "Smart LED", etc.), since all those settings require additional processing, and see if that helps with the "jerkiness".

If that doesn't work, try playing around with the "Auto Motion Plus" setting.

First, try turning it completely "Off" and see if that helps with the "jerkiness".

If it doesn't, select "Custom", so you can configure "Blur Reduction" and "Judder Reduction" manually. Try turning up the "Judder Reduction" setting and see if that helps. To return to the default settings, select Reset.

If that doesn't work, try turning on the "Digital Clean View" and the "MPEG Noise Filter" settings (only one at a time though) and see if any of those help.

If all that still doesn't help, than it's most likely a problem with the source video.

Richard

Last edited by King Richard; 12-16-2015 at 10:47 PM.
post #1850 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 04:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amzie Williams View Post
How did a TV beak your AVR? Also an hour of your time might be worth $5 of $150 but they'll assume the former if you can call all the time. I would probably tell you to pound sound.
THe OCM always ran hot, i thought it was normal. IT apparently was not becaus it finally went pop and the HDMI out#1 (with ARC and CEC) quit working allong with the one connect mini. None of the hdmi or optical inputs worked anymore, and after tht if it was pluggedd into it would just say "OCM disconnected TV will reboot in 9-8-7 ect)
post #1851 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 2
settings to make samsung colors like sony colors? i had the w900a replaced it this year for a bigger tv, i feel like the colors were better on the sony.
post #1852 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I do not know why you guys are having issues. This TV is perfect to me. Of course I am sitting 23 feet from the 55" in my bed lying down. It is 5.5 feet off the floor at the bottom. I cannot stand sitting close to a TV. I did not need a cheaper TV either so please don't say that. I do imagine if you sat closer you would see the back light but OLED has it's share of issues too. Just sit farther back and if you can't knock out the wall. J/K. To be honest we have a super high end dedicated theater here and I don't even like it the screen is too big. In the movies I sit in the last row. I suppose I am the odd man out here. It will certainly fix any issues with the TV though.
post #1853 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
i have a doubt, in my package, it did not come included any 3d glasses, this is normal? becouse ive been reading that some of your tvs came with one pair, thanks
post #1854 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzs1 View Post
Judder was one of the reasons I didnt get LG OLED . Are the built in Amazon/youtube/netflix/mgo apps capable of 24p? I get judder on all of them except for youtube [email protected]
I think they are all 60p sources. The TV really doesn't say much when it's playing a movie off Netflix and I check the info. I just get the netflix info on resolution and audio source.
post #1855 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
i have a doubt, in my package, it did not come included any 3d glasses, this is normal? becouse ive been reading that some of your tvs came with one pair, thanks
I got one pair. I wonder if it varies by region.
post #1856 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeAHlee View Post
settings to make samsung colors like sony colors? i had the w900a replaced it this year for a bigger tv, i feel like the colors were better on the sony.
I replaced my W900A with the JS9000 as well and I feel the Samsung has a superior picture, colors included. I can't be of any real help if you have a preference for one screen over the other but have you tried any of the settings in this thread?

Here's mine. Most of this is copied from the rtings.com review with a few small changes. I found their settings very pleasing to watch.

Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 12
Contrast: 93
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 30
Color: 45
Tint: G50/R50
Advanced Settings
Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Color Space: Native(see bottom for complete color settings for custom mode which will not function properly with HDR content using the wide color gamut. Native should be selected)
White Balance 2 Point
R-Offset: 0
G-Offset: 2
B-Offset -5
R-Gain: 3
G-Gain: -1
B-Gain -5
White Balance 10 Point
Interval 10%
Red -20
Green 0
Blue -41
Interval 20%
Red -21
Green 0
Blue 27
Interval 30%
Red -5
Green 8
Blue -8
Interval 40%
Red 0
Green 7
Blue -3
Interval 50%
Red -2
Green -1
Blue 4
Interval 60%
Red -4
Green -6
Blue 2
Interval 70%
Red 0
Green -1
Blue 2
Interval 80%
Red 1
Green -6
Blue -9
Interval 90%
Red -1
Green -3
Blue -8
Interval 100%
Red 10
Green 3
Blue -4
Gamma:0

Picture Options
Color Tone : Warm2
Digital Clean View: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Auto
Film Mode: Off
Auto Motion Plus: Clear (many people turn this off but it helps with some of the judder)
Smart LED: High
Cinema Black: On

Custom Color Settings Note: I always use Native Color Space which is known to over saturate some non HDR content especially the reds.
Red
Red 35
Green 8
Blue 2
Green
Red 26
Green 46
Blue 5
Blue
Red 0
Green 3
Blue 57
Yellow
Red 51
Green 49
Blue 5
Cyan
Red 24
Green 47
Blue 53
Magenta
Red 35
Green 9
Blue 53

Last edited by cmdrdredd; 12-15-2015 at 02:53 PM.
post #1857 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:

Where are you located?

3D Glasses are not included in Canada or the UK.

Richard
post #1858 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeAHlee View Post

I've never owned a Sony TV but have heard that the "flagship" models have very accurate colors.

However, the JS9000 also has very accurate colors.

You should not try to make the colors on one TV look like the colors on another.

For the best most accurate colors, you need to have your TV properly calibrated/adjusted.

Richard
post #1859 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 03:33 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Yeah this was mentioned before but I'm 100% confident that any TV that can do HDR today will qualify as HDR for UHD Blu-Ray.

The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) has mandated that any Ultra HD Blu-ray disc always start from a generic (SMPTE BT 2084 standard) HDR10 base layer (which requires an HDMI 2.0a input) and, if the content provider so desires, a proprietary Dolby Vision layer can then ride on top of that.

Stated differently, all Ultra HD Blu-rays will include basic HDR10 metadata while some will add Dolby Vision HDR metadata that will ride on top of the basic layer.

Richard
post #1860 of 4284 Old 12-15-2015, 03:41 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
I am sitting 23 feet from the 55" in my bed lying down. I cannot stand sitting close to a TV.

I don't even like it the screen is too big. In the movies I sit in the last row.

I suppose I am the odd man out here.

I sit ~8 feet from a 65" screen.

I sit about 1/3 of the way back from the screen in a movie theater.

I enjoy the "immersive" experience.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2-channel audio js9000 internet , js9000 , Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page