Samsung JS9500 owners thread - Page 369 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5902Likes

post #11041 of 13046 Old 08-01-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12766 Post(s)
Liked: 12092
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatiG8R View Post
Yea, I've seen that too. And actually at this point, if I did return the JS9500, I would wait and most likely go with the ZD9. I know I will want the QLED tech in a couple years, so I just don't know if I can expect the ZD9 to be worth the extra $4k.

It won't be 4k extra, that's the the xfactor you're not realizing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11042 of 13046 Old 08-01-2016, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
It won't be 4k extra, that's the the xfactor you're not realizing
Just curious to know more about your opinion regarding the ZD9. I see the price tag is $9,999 for the 75". I got the JS9500 for $6,000. I obviously like to spend a lot of money on TVs, but am not rich by any means and want to find a value that is suitable for the next 3 years.

As someone who has the JS9500 and the improved KS9800, as well as knowledge of the ZD9....would you envision the difference in the ZD9 being that much better to make that plunge?

Sorry...I would Private Message but being new to the forum, I need to have more posts under my belt until it allows me to do so.
post #11043 of 13046 Old 08-01-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatiG8R View Post
Just curious to know more about your opinion regarding the ZD9. I see the price tag is $9,999 for the 75". I got the JS9500 for $6,000. I obviously like to spend a lot of money on TVs, but am not rich by any means and want to find a value that is suitable for the next 3 years.

As someone who has the JS9500 and the improved KS9800, as well as knowledge of the ZD9....would you envision the difference in the ZD9 being that much better to make that plunge?

Sorry...I would Private Message but being new to the forum, I need to have more posts under my belt until it allows me to do so.

The js9500 won't even be close to the Z9D, the ks9800 will be closer, but the sony I believe will be in a different class.

You should contact cleveland plasma for a quote on the Z9D, his prices are excellent and that's where I got my js9500 from. I think the extra money will be well worth it.

Call for a price:

1-866-651-0049
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11044 of 13046 Old 08-02-2016, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I know I've seen far worse on some pictures posted in this thread. Mine has a brown spot on the far left edge which is noticeable when I use the computer as a large monitor. It's always been there from day 1, but is maybe a little worse now. As warranty is slowly running out I am just not sure if this is worth pursuing or not.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160802_232501.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1581449  
JerryTexas likes this.
post #11045 of 13046 Old 08-02-2016, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post
I know I've seen far worse on some pictures posted in this thread. Mine has a brown spot on the far left edge which is noticeable when I use the computer as a large monitor. It's always been there from day 1, but is maybe a little worse now. As warranty is slowly running out I am just not sure if this is worth pursuing or not.

Rob

Defective led, requires an entire panel replacement. I'd call asap.
Geronimo.USMC and JerryTexas like this.
post #11046 of 13046 Old 08-03-2016, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

Rob
Mine also developed a the dreaded brown spot. Had to have my entire panel replaced. Unfortunately the second panel was defective. No brown spot but had severe screen uniformity, LED lights weren't shutting off. Hopefully you'll be lucky and won't have any issues..... Good luck
Here's Samsungs number 1-855-775-4760

Last edited by JerryTexas; 08-03-2016 at 02:20 AM.
post #11047 of 13046 Old 08-03-2016, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 266
In case the netflix update for HDR never comes the xbox one s that launched today already has a Netflix update to add HDR per flatpanelshd article:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1470207253

I might take back my Philips player and give this a try once I run out of Amazon prime HDR material.
post #11048 of 13046 Old 08-03-2016, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessh1 View Post
In case the netflix update for HDR never comes the xbox one s that launched today already has a Netflix update to add HDR per flatpanelshd article:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1470207253

I might take back my Philips player and give this a try once I run out of Amazon prime HDR material.
What are you going to do the week after that when you run out of Netflix HDR content? Haha, I kid! (sort of)

The Xbox One S is a fantastic value, especially if you don't need Bitstream audio. I checked with Philips and the rep said there is no ETA right now on Netflix HDR; but who knows if she actually knew.
post #11049 of 13046 Old 08-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwallace View Post
What are you going to do the week after that when you run out of Netflix HDR content? Haha, I kid! (sort of)

The Xbox One S is a fantastic value, especially if you don't need Bitstream audio. I checked with Philips and the rep said there is no ETA right now on Netflix HDR; but who knows if she actually knew.
The Philips is definitely a decent little player but the app support is likely to be minimal compared to the sAmsung K8500. Each player will have strengths and weaknesses.

To shift back to the JS I really hope we do get the Netflix HDR Update and the full tizen upgrade but Samsung has really cut down their support for the now dated 2015 sets and where Sony had a day 1 Netflix HDR fix we remain playing the waiting game for months now.

It's discouraging to see People continuing to have the brown spot issues but makes me thankful I have a full 5 year warranty throughy retailer - it cost me $700 CDN but if the TV has issues I can get it repaired/replaced and of it goes unused I get the full $700 back as store credit when the
Warranty period expires without a claim.
I'd strongly advise owners without an extended warranty to consider the purchase as a new 65" panel is in the $2K usd range to replace if the leds start to burn out.
williamwallace likes this.
post #11050 of 13046 Old 08-03-2016, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
*snip*

It's discouraging to see People continuing to have the brown spot issues but makes me thankful I have a full 5 year warranty throughy retailer - it cost me $700 CDN but if the TV has issues I can get it repaired/replaced and of it goes unused I get the full $700 back as store credit when the
Warranty period expires without a claim.
I'd strongly advise owners without an extended warranty to consider the purchase as a new 65" panel is in the $2K usd range to replace if the leds start to burn out.
Amen to this.

It seems that new TVs high end and low seem to continue to have panel issues that keep the realistic lifespan of these sets to around 2-3 years before they crap out. My 1st gen 4K Sony 65XBR900A had severe panel issues after 2.5 years. Thankfully I had the 5 year warranty and I got a KS9500 as a replacement.

Yes I'm pissed the Sony died (it was a beautiful TV) - but I'm very happy with the KS9500.

And my JS9500 has a 5 year warranty as well...

I wonder how many of these issues have to do with how the sets are mishandled during shipping? So many instructions on the boxes not to lay the boxes flat - yet both Best Buy and another local place did that to both TVs until I pointed out you shouldn't do that based on what the box says. I don't know how much flexing the panels can take before they start to develop these issues we're seeing (browning/clouding) - because the delivery & install guys don't really care one bit.

FWIW - the Xbox One S is a very nice device. The dash is 4K + HDR - and all the streaming apps offer HDR streams. UHD BluRays look great on it. I have it on my KS9500 right now since my Samsung UHD BD player is on the JS9500. If it offered Dolby Atmos bit streamed, it'd be on the JS9500...
post #11051 of 13046 Old 08-03-2016, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 223
XBOX One S Bitstream update

For What It's Worth:

Originally Posted by Albert Penello
I didn't say soon, I don't want people to infer soon. I don't know the exact date. This is how things get started

I know it's not a HW limitation. I know it's something the team is looking into and they are considering.

When it comes is another matter entirely, and has a lot to do with the vast catalog of features customers are asking for. So like I said, we have heard the request, we are evaluating it, and when it happens it will get announced as part of the preview program cadence like other software updates. Follow Ybarra on twitter he will jump on this I'm sure when it's ready.

Do I think it's going to happen? I do. When, I really don't know and I'm not trying to hint or infer anything about that at all.

UN65JS9500\FXZA TS01, LG OLED 65 C7P, Chromecast Ultra, Roku Ultra, Apple TV 4K,, NVIDIA Shield Android TV 2015, UBD K-8500, OPPO UDP 203, XBOX One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Wii U, PS VR, Oculus Rift, ALIENWARE AREA 51 R2, i7 5820K @ 4.4 GHz, Corsair Dominator Platinum 40 GBytes Quad @ 3000 MHz, ASUS Rog Strix 1080 Ti, Yamaha RX-A2080, Klipsch Reference 5.1.4 Atmos.
post #11052 of 13046 Old 08-03-2016, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 94
How can I tell if my JS9500 is getting a 4:2:2 or a 4:4:4 signal? The "Info" button is not showing much. I already enabled the HDMI input to allow UHD color, but I want to confirm my receiver is not causing issues. Thanks!

Abstract yourself!
post #11053 of 13046 Old 08-04-2016, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 6
FINALLY HDR Netflix on our JS 9500

Happy to confirm that the XBOX ONE S does deliver Netflix HDR on the JS 9500. Thought it would never happen. And yes, HDR does appear on the movie banner (eg Marco Polo) and it auto adjusts the TV settings when switching to HDR. Youtube app though is still not delivering 4K, but no big deal here as we can use the YT app through our TV's to get 4K Youtube.

Enjoy!!
post #11054 of 13046 Old 08-04-2016, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
I know I've seen far worse on some pictures posted in this thread. Mine has a brown spot....
Rob
+1 For Brown spot issue from day 1. Not nit picky enough for me to warrant repair. I have a 3 year Square trade warranty. I think I will keep that issue in my back pocket until I want an upgrade. Plus I take a change at getting the issue fixed, just to get a worse issue.

Samsung JS9500, Samsung K8500, Nvidia Shield 16gb, Denon AVR-X6200W 7.2.4, Emotiva XPA-1 Gen 2 x2, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 3, Klipsch RF-62 II x2, Klipsch RC-62 II, Klipsch RS-62 II x 2, Klipsch RS-52 II x2, Klipsch RP-140SA x 4, Klipsch R-115SW x2
post #11055 of 13046 Old 08-04-2016, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 5372
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShaw View Post
I need some input

I own the 78JS9500

Attached to the TV directly byway of an HDMI cable is Samsung's UBD-K8500 4K Blu-ray player.

I have always been able to use the Picture Size, Zoom/Position feature on the TV when watching regular TV or watching movies through the Oppo Bly-ray player but when the Samsung 4K Blu-ray player is used. The Zoom/Position feature is grayed out in the TV's menu and not usable.

I have called Samsung a number of times for an understanding but got no help.

My question is: Does my Samsung 4K player have a problem OR is not being able to use the Zoom/Position function on the TV when using the 4K player the nature of the beast?

Personally I don't use it but I can confirm that it is now greyed out when you try to access it via the Menu >> Picture >> Picture Size >> Zoom/Position option.

However in my case I have hooked up my UBD-K8500 4K Blu-ray player directly to the One Connect Box and configured it in the Universal Remote Setup and discovered that it is still possible to access those options by pressing Menu/123 which will bring up the overlay screen which brings and a bunch of buttons including one labeled Picture Size.

This may still be possible to access without configuring the player under the Universal Remote Setup screen but for some advantages of why I have choosen to do so, please see my post below.

Whoever thought Matt Damon's legs could be so long and sexy?!!

Samsung UN78HU9000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UN40HU7000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-ray Player; Apple TV 4K
Arris VIP5662W UHD Whole Home DVR; Chromecast Ultra
Marantz SR7005 Receiver; Magnepan Speakers; Martin Logan Subwoofer

Last edited by Musician; 08-04-2016 at 11:38 AM.
post #11056 of 13046 Old 08-04-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Advantages to Connecting Devices to the One Connect Box

I have been asked on many occasions why I choose to hook up my main devices directly to the One Connect Box. This is a personal decision that offers some advantages to the traditional method of hooking up all your devices directly to the Receiver.

Let's talk about that first...

Receiver

In cases where folks like me don't own a Receiver that provides HDMI 2.0a / HDCP 2.2 4K passthrough which may be required by one or more of their devices now or in the future it can save us a lot of money avoiding an upgrade.

For example, using Method 2 to hook up my UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player using dual HDMI outputs allows me to connect the Video to the TV which is HDMI 2.0a / HDCP 2.2 compliant and hook up the Audio to my Receiver which is only HDMI 1.4 so I can still enjoy lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio.

Graphical User Interface

For owners of Samsung Smart TVs another advantage is it it allows you to take advantage of the graphical interface on the TV in conjunction with the Samsung TV's Universal Remote to control all your devices hooked up directly to the One Connect Box.

Samsung Remote

In my case I have my Security Cameras (TV coax), Shaw Cable Box, UHD Blu-Ray Player (Video), Apple TV and my Receiver plugged into the OCB.

Once everything is programmed into the Universal Remote Settings then all the devices hooked up to the OCB can be controlled with the Samsung remote as follows:

Pressing the SOURCE button will bring up a row of icons allowing you to choose the given device as shown below.

Once you have selected a device, a press of the MENU/123 button provides a different group of buttons displayed on the top row depending on what functions apply to that particular device based on the brand and model number you input when setting up the Universal Remote as shown above.

In my case when I choose the SOURCE that my K8500's video HDMI is plugged into and then press the MENU/123 button on the TV's remote it will provide a bunch of options specific to the device including Power, Disc Menu, Sub Titles, Popup, Home and Eject along with all the transport controls which you can see in the example above.

Likewise, when I select my Set Top Box and press the MENU/123 button on the TV's remote it will provide a different set of options specific to that device such as Power, Menu, Guide, DVR, and On-Demand.

Note, that even if you go this route you can still use the remote(s) that came with your devices so you can keep other members of the family happy knowing that they can still use the backlit remote that came with the Cable Box to control the TV.

BD Wise

The Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray player upscales all content to 2160p when the player's Resolution is set to Auto or 2160p. However a little trick I discovered is that when you hook up the player using Method 2 with dual HDMI cables and set the Resolution setting in the player to BD Wise it will in effect output anything less than 4K in it's native resolution allowing your Samsung TV do the upscaling.

Note that this does not mean you have to turn on BD Wise in the TV settings and as a matter of fact I don't recommend it.

For complete details see this post...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-bl...l#post43484850

Picture Settings

In addition to the above, a major advantage why some Samsung TV owners take the approach of running some (or all) of their devices through the TV is this allow us to maintain different Picture Settings for each input.

For example, the recommended setting for viewing HDR material is setting the Color Space to Native, turning HDMI UHD Color On in the TV settings and many of us prefer to increase the Gamma setting to +2 and Smart LED to High.

In addition seperate settings can be established while viewing content from the Smart Hub apps and connected USB devices as well as seperate settings for those of us who have set up a DLNA Network for sharing files from their Computers.

See the attached thumbnails to view an example of my wiring diagram.

If this is something Samsung TV owners want to explore, make sure that under Menu/123 >> Picture >> Apply Picture Mode you set it to Current Source instead of All Sources.

Not for everyone but I sure like it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1583729  
rlb, GregLee, timc1475 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Musician; 08-05-2016 at 08:37 AM.
post #11057 of 13046 Old 08-04-2016, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorg View Post
How can I tell if my JS9500 is getting a 4:2:2 or a 4:4:4 signal? The "Info" button is not showing much. I already enabled the HDMI input to allow UHD color, but I want to confirm my receiver is not causing issues. Thanks!
When you push "Info" - it should say something about UHD Color. At least it does when I switch over to the input with my UHD BD Player...

I do find it rather frustrating that this version of the OS doesn't give out useful information in regards to actual input source. The TV won't even tell us if it has an HDR source or not (like the KS* series do with Tizen 2.0).
post #11058 of 13046 Old 08-04-2016, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1401 Post(s)
Liked: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrozdowski View Post
When you push "Info" - it should say something about UHD Color. At least it does when I switch over to the input with my UHD BD Player...

I do find it rather frustrating that this version of the OS doesn't give out useful information in regards to actual input source. The TV won't even tell us if it has an HDR source or not (like the KS* series do with Tizen 2.0).
I suspect it's left out because the TV's upsampling capability should be superior to any other connected device (a huge part of what you're paying for here), so, according to Samsung, it shouldn't matter what it's getting (of course, unless your AVR is maybe "stripping" chroma data from a PC/console signal; also, UHD Blu-ray spec is 4:2:0, so I'd rather the TV handle upsampling that signal anyway, rather than a $300-$1000 player doing it).

My receiver shows incoming and outgoing signal information (below); perhaps it's buried in your AVR menus (I don't believe you mentioned which AVR you are using)?
THEBIGWET and King Richard like this.

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4500H (Klipsch/HSU 5.1.4) | UDP-203 (fw 65-0131) | TiVo Bolt | Shield
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | TiVo Mini | Roku P+
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K
FS - Hot Fuzz and other UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
post #11059 of 13046 Old 08-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
^^^^ Very good point! ^^^^

For more on "Chroma Subsampling", see my post >> HERE <<

Richard
galonzo likes this.
post #11060 of 13046 Old 08-04-2016, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 47
PS4 audio

Hi all,

I'm sure this was covered somewhere in the thread so I apologize in advance. I cannot figure out how to get Dolby Digital or EX using my PS4 and JS9500. My setup is PS4 directly into OCB via HDMI. My Onkyo receiver is also connected directly to OCB via HDMI for video but I am running an optical line to the receiver from the OCB as well and using optical for all audio sources (i.e. DTV and my TV apps).

I have no problem getting DD from my OCB to the Onkyo using DTV and Netflix and Prime but the PS4 constantly runs in non DD. I tried switching from Bitstream to PCM in the PS4 menu. I also tried toggling the audio out settings in the menu but nothing seems to work. I'm sure I am missing something completely simple but it's driving me nuts. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Clerk
post #11061 of 13046 Old 08-04-2016, 06:35 PM
rlb
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2274 Post(s)
Liked: 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkpalmer View Post
Hi all,

I'm sure this was covered somewhere in the thread so I apologize in advance. I cannot figure out how to get Dolby Digital or EX using my PS4 and JS9500. My setup is PS4 directly into OCB via HDMI. My Onkyo receiver is also connected directly to OCB via HDMI for video but I am running an optical line to the receiver from the OCB as well and using optical for all audio sources (i.e. DTV and my TV apps).

I have no problem getting DD from my OCB to the Onkyo using DTV and Netflix and Prime but the PS4 constantly runs in non DD. I tried switching from Bitstream to PCM in the PS4 menu. I also tried toggling the audio out settings in the menu but nothing seems to work. I'm sure I am missing something completely simple but it's driving me nuts. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Might be as simple as making sure the PS4 is outputting bitstream from a dolby digital source and then selecting DD from the OCB sound menu. You won't be able to do it if outputting PCM.

Sony XBR75Z9D, Samsung 65F9000 , Yamaha CX-A5200 & Outlaw 770
Samsung K8500, OPPO 103-D, Genie 2 and C61Ks, Roku Ultra, ATV4K, and Harmony Elite
post #11062 of 13046 Old 08-05-2016, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Thanks for the responses on seeing the signal information. I have an Integra 80.6, which can produce an overlay for up to 4K signals. However, I doubt it can do it for 12 bit material, so set the input to "bypass" to make sure the Integra doesn't mess with it. However, since the TV is not showing the color and bit depth, I can't tell if I'm getting the full quality or not.

Abstract yourself!
post #11063 of 13046 Old 08-05-2016, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oh yeah, one thing that skipped my mind when identifying the Advantages to Connecting Devices to the One Connect Box was the topic of BD Wise. I have edited my post above to include the following...

BD Wise

The Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray player upscales all content to 2160p when the player's Resolution is set to Auto or 2160p. However a little trick I discovered is that when you hook up the player using Method 2 with dual HDMI cables and set the Resolution setting in the player to BD Wise it will in effect output anything less than 4K in it's native resolution allowing your Samsung TV do the upscaling.

Note that this does not mean you have to turn on BD Wise in the TV settings and as a matter of fact I don't recommend it.

For complete details see this post...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-bl...l#post43484850
galonzo likes this.

post #11064 of 13046 Old 08-05-2016, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
The "Base" 2016 UHD Samsung sets (non SUHD) were announced to be getting HDR+ sometime in September with an FW update. I wonder if our tizen 2.0 upgrade will include the HDR + support, and If said upgrade is actually still coming? Does anyone have a contact line or email for the samsung elite customer service support or office of the prez?
I received confirmation a couple of days ago that HDR+ is not available on the 2015 TVs because the chip they use is different from the one in the 2016 models.
galonzo and jamessh1 like this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #11065 of 13046 Old 08-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
I received confirmation a couple of days ago that HDR+ is not available on the 2015 TVs because the chip they use is different from the one in the 2016 models.
Thanks Rudy!

I hate to pester you with questions but does your Intel suggest that 2015 owners will still get the tizen OS update next month? Hoping that will at least unlock and resolve the Netflix HDR issues. I'm sure that all of the 2015 owners would be appreciative of any info you can provide 👍
post #11066 of 13046 Old 08-05-2016, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Maybe the next OCB will have it along with an ATSC 3.0 tuner...
post #11067 of 13046 Old 08-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:

So much for upgradable OCB's

LG OLED B7A 65"
Philips BDP7501 UHD Blu Ray player
Apple TV4
Onkyo TX-SR606
Harmony Elite
post #11068 of 13046 Old 08-05-2016, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Rudy!

I hate to pester you with questions but does your Intel suggest that 2015 owners will still get the tizen OS update next month? Hoping that will at least unlock and resolve the Netflix HDR issues. I'm sure that all of the 2015 owners would be appreciative of any info you can provide 👍
TIZEN OTA UPDATE:

The 2015 TV's Tizen OS shares the Smart TV platform with the Orsay OS; the 2016 TVs run Tizen only. An update to the 2015 Smart Hub is possible, but the Launcher, Accelerator, and AutoSource Detect features are unique to the 2016 sets.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #11069 of 13046 Old 08-05-2016, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior22 View Post
Maybe the next OCB will have it along with an ATSC 3.0 tuner...
Nothing is written in stone, but there may not be a new OCB until a radical spec update to the UHD standard requires it, such as a new HDMI connector with a different layout and/or number of pins. The FCC has not decided when ATSC 3.0 will go live, so we can only hope such tuners will be ready when and if Samsung produces a new OCB.

post #11070 of 13046 Old 08-06-2016, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Nothing is written in stone, but there may not be a new OCB until a radical spec update to the UHD standard requires it, such as a new HDMI connector with a different layout and/or number of pins. The FCC has not decided when ATSC 3.0 will go live, so we can only hope such tuners will be ready when and if Samsung produces a new OCB.
Didn't Samsung already confirm no more OCB updates ever for our sets? That's what they told me several months ago.

Clerk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
js9000 , js9500 , suhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page