JS8500 owners thread - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 162Likes
Closed Thread

post #511 of 570 Old 08-01-2015, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I ordered a js8500 due to come thursday. When it arrives how to identify the panel type?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 570 Old 08-03-2015, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny531 View Post
I ordered a js8500 due to come thursday. When it arrives how to identify the panel type?
The panel version is mentioned at the sticker at the back ..

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
post #513 of 570 Old 08-03-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
The panel version is mentioned at the sticker at the back ..

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Awesome thank you! hopefully mine is good its ordered from Best buy which is an authorized samsung reseller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 570 Old 08-03-2015, 08:58 PM

Liked: 14
Remote code for JS8500

Just got a 55JS8500 and love it.

1. I have TWCable with a Tuning Adapter and a 5-yr-old Moxi DVR. I've connected the TWC modem to a router and have a Cat6 Ethernet cable running to the Moxi; the Moxi's remote control is supposed to be able to turn on the JS8500 with its power-on button but I need the JS8500 remote's code to program it. Anyone know the code? I use the Moxi's remote when using the JS8500's Multi Link so that I can more easily switch back and forth between movies etc.

2. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and in its Network and Sharing Center I have Libraries "shared" from this PC (Music, Videos, Pictures, and Documents) selected but I'm only able to see the CD album art work and listen to the music on the JS8500, the videos, pictures, and documents are not viewable. No doubt it's a simple setting I'm missing.

Aloha,

Kerry

Last edited by iKerry; 08-03-2015 at 09:02 PM.
post #515 of 570 Old 08-04-2015, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6870 Post(s)
Liked: 6869
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
That simply is not true at all. The only differences between the 850D and the JS8500 are cosmetic. They have the different models simply so Best Buy does not have to price match Costco because each store does not sell the model that the other store does.
There could be some other very small differences between the sets. One of the reasons they have different models, as noted, is for the price match, I bet there are other reasons as well........
post #516 of 570 Old 08-04-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
There could be some other very small differences between the sets. One of the reasons they have different models, as noted, is for the price match, I bet there are other reasons as well........
The 850D has a more blackish brezel .. i saw it in costco..
post #517 of 570 Old 08-05-2015, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
New member here looking for some opinions regarding my js8500.

So far I've been very happy with the tv. I've seen almost no clouding, and the little bit of flashlighting I've had is mostly limited to the lower right-hand corner and is really only visible during completely black scenes (like opening and ending credits) and is largely mitigated by SmartLED.

However, I've started to notice some discoloration at the top and bottom of the screen. The discoloration (it's more apparent at the top of the screen) seems confined to a band near the top and has a slightly orange-ish tint. It's only really noticeable during scenes with a lot of gray and white, but it's really starting to bother me. I've posted some pics below. (i took them with my iPhone, sorry for the quality)

My question is if this is a big enough of an issue to return the tv for a replacement. While this discoloration bothers me, everything else with the tv has been great so I'm a little concerned a replacement would just be worse. I only have a couple of days left in the return period so I need to make a decision soon. What do you guys think?
post #518 of 570 Old 08-05-2015, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

player002 likes this.
post #519 of 570 Old 08-05-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algood17 View Post

So far I've been very happy with the tv. I've seen almost no clouding, and the little bit of flashlighting I've had is mostly limited to the lower right-hand corner and is really only visible during completely black scenes (like opening and ending credits) and is largely mitigated by SmartLED.

However, I've started to notice some discoloration at the top and bottom of the screen. The discoloration (it's more apparent at the top of the screen) seems confined to a band near the top and has a slightly orange-ish tint. It's only really noticeable during scenes with a lot of gray and white, but it's really starting to bother me. I've posted some pics below. (i took them with my iPhone, sorry for the quality)

My question is if this is a big enough of an issue to return the tv for a replacement. While this discoloration bothers me, everything else with the tv has been great so I'm a little concerned a replacement would just be worse. I only have a couple of days left in the return period so I need to make a decision soon. What do you guys think?
Same problem with flash lighting but for me its a little high up on the right side and not on the right corner . That area sometimes looks washed out but interestingly in only some dark scenes. I am not sure why this happens and was wondering if there is any way to stop it.

Also if you see the opening / closing credits especially with white fonts on a black screen that entire area of credit looks a patchy white ...

I am yet to notice the Orangish tint on my set.
post #520 of 570 Old 08-06-2015, 05:35 PM

I guess I lucked out and got a TH01 panel the tv is awesome!
player002 likes this.
post #521 of 570 Old 08-07-2015, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:

What is so great about the TH01 panel? Can you please explain why that is better? I'm returning a Sony 850c to BB and picking up the JS8500 65" and I need to understand what panel I should be looking for and why that matters!

Thanks!
post #522 of 570 Old 08-07-2015, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Would not recommend Samsung or this unit

We recently purchased a JS8500 directly from Samsung. The unit arrived defective from day one. Internet would connect and then disconnect non stop. It would show a memory full massage and slow the process. This basically is worse than a reconditioned unit. Because we paid a full price and now have to deal with having it fixed. Samsung would not make any attempt to make it easier for us to deal with this situation. They send service people to come and fix it and they made no attempt to look at the TV and only were willing to take it to their shop and fix. This would mean we had to take another day and who know what kind of parts they will use. Will never buy another Samsung.
post #523 of 570 Old 08-07-2015, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
I have yet to see an 8500 65 0r 55 that was not a TH01
TheCrow1994 and bargervais like this.
post #524 of 570 Old 08-08-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaStageThr33 View Post
What is so great about the TH01 panel? Can you please explain why that is better? I'm returning a Sony 850c to BB and picking up the JS8500 65" and I need to understand what panel I should be looking for and why that matters!

Thanks!
Nothing actually other then its supposed to be genuine samsung. I had read you play the panel lottery a bit with samsung.
post #525 of 570 Old 08-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Is that an orange tint or is the grey uniformity just a bit off/splotchy? I remember looking at reviews on this that its grey uniformity rating was a bit lower than the 9000 line

If it is a tint i would say return it. I love my old Sony KDS60a3000, but it had a problem where it started to develop a green tint in the top left corner. The problem only got worse over time. You dont want to have 3/4 of the screen with a tangerine tine 6 months down the line
post #526 of 570 Old 08-11-2015, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I recently just got a UN48JS8500.

I was playing destiny on my ps4 and noticed major flickering going on using game mode. I switched to standard mode and the flicker went away - then switched back to game mode and the flicker was also gone.

Should I be concerned? Any idea why that might have happened?
post #527 of 570 Old 08-12-2015, 07:26 PM

Menu/123 defaults to key #5 on on screen remote.

The Samsung tech came to my house to replaced my screen and the motherboard. It fixed the weird screen anomalies. Great service.

Together we discovered that when one presses the Menu/123 button on the hand-held remote the default is that it displays the on-screen remote with keypad number 5 highlighted. I believe it's a bug. Common sense says that it should at least open with the Menu tab (icon) highlighted. Ideally it should open and display the line of menu options —so that one can simply scroll horizontally to the right for the various features such as Multi Link etc.

As it is now one must:
1. Click the Menu/123 button.
2. From the highlighted number 5 on the on-screen remote scroll up to the line of menu icons.
3. Scroll left to highlight and click the Menu tab.

in other words, it presently has two unnecessary, pain in the okole, steps.

Anyone know how to reprogram the hand-held remote so that its Menu/123 button opens the Menu directly?

I've emailed Samsung Support.

I've ordered a Harmony 650. Hopefully I'll be able to program it to open to Muli-Link directly.

Aloha,

Kerry
UN55JS8500
Firmware: 1222
Panel: TH1

BTW: Netflix > House of Cards > S3-3 etc. is 4K. Not sure but the Transporter looks to be 4K.

Update: 8/24/15 A week ago I emailed Samsung about the above Menu/123 defaulting to #5 . I just rec'd an auto firmware update and it did not address/fix the problem.

I could not get the Harmony 650 to work so that I'd only need one remote. I returned it.

Last edited by iKerry; 08-24-2015 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Update about latest firmware
post #528 of 570 Old 08-13-2015, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
just replaced my f8000 with the js8500 but feel like the pq was better on the F, specifically the black levels. Any good settings to help with the grey bars at the bottom?
post #529 of 570 Old 08-13-2015, 10:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Quoted: 12814 Post(s)
Liked: 12155
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsolar View Post
just replaced my f8000 with the js8500 but feel like the pq was better on the F, specifically the black levels. Any good settings to help with the grey bars at the bottom?
you may have gotta a crappy panel.

any chance for side by sides?

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
post #530 of 570 Old 08-16-2015, 10:43 PM

Just swapped out a defective Sony 850c for the Un65js8500 and OMG the picture is so much better. Got it for the same price as well. I love this TV. I had a QQ though.

When watching HBO GO, I have the option to use the native app, ps4 or apple TV. Beyond the interface, is there a difference? I just want to view the best possible picture.

Also, should I be setting the ps4 output to full or limited range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #531 of 570 Old 08-16-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee17 View Post
I recently just got a UN48JS8500.

I was playing destiny on my ps4 and noticed major flickering going on using game mode. I switched to standard mode and the flicker went away - then switched back to game mode and the flicker was also gone.

Should I be concerned? Any idea why that might have happened?

There is an option in the motion tab to use LED increased refresh rate that can cause the flicker. Was that setting somehow enabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #532 of 570 Old 08-18-2015, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

That looks incredible..

Im upgrading from a Vizio P series 50 inch to the 65" version of this.

Super stoked.

The vizio had a great picture but the DSE and Grey uniformity was TERRIBLE. It bothered me so much I couldnt watch a lot of things on it.
post #533 of 570 Old 08-24-2015, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just purchased this set over the weekend, so far very pleased with the set looks absolutely fantastic. I do have an issue I was hoping someone could help me with...basically it's with the PS Now/Bluetooth PS4 controller. I was able to register the PS4 bluetooth controller fine, but it constantly disconnects after 10-15 seconds and even when it doesn't, the lag is extremely poor. Pressing the analog stick forward for instance often doesn't register that I stopped holding it, and the game character will continue running, button presses won't register at all in many cases, and even when it does there can be up to 1-2 seconds input lag.

I realize this is game streaming so there's going to be some input lag, but it's completely unplayable at the moment due to the bluetooth connection issues. What are some good steps to trouble shoot?
post #534 of 570 Old 08-24-2015, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Rtings Hello Friends.
And I recently bought a tv SAMSUNG 60 inch JU7100 2015
as he opened the tv I dropped the mini connect one within its box
when you install the TV I get a window that says Download Update
then automatically restarts and see the same dialog
decided to disconnect one and connect mini me this sale no longer appears
tv and update to the latest version of fimware
and when one connecting flight to connect mini makes me appear the same message does not capture any hdmi input
I'm assuming that when I dropped it will damage
you think buying another one connect mini solve the problem?
it is not a malfunction of the TV?

I hope you can help me and they know this problem.
I am very distressed.
post #535 of 570 Old 08-24-2015, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 3935 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxscuxl View Post
Rtings Hello Friends.
And I recently bought a tv SAMSUNG 60 inch JU7100 2015
as he opened the tv I dropped the mini connect one within its box
when you install the TV I get a window that says Download Update
then automatically restarts and see the same dialog
decided to disconnect one and connect mini me this sale no longer appears
tv and update to the latest version of fimware
and when one connecting flight to connect mini makes me appear the same message does not capture any hdmi input
I'm assuming that when I dropped it will damage
you think buying another one connect mini solve the problem?
it is not a malfunction of the TV?

I hope you can help me and they know this problem.
I am very distressed.
return the set as defective get another ..
post #536 of 570 Old 09-05-2015, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 47
just picked up one of these bad boys. For some reason, the tv is not level on the stand. Right side sits a bit higher. Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the leveling? Is this common? Thanks.

Clerk
post #537 of 570 Old 09-05-2015, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked: 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkpalmer View Post
just picked up one of these bad boys. For some reason, the tv is not level on the stand. Right side sits a bit higher. Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the leveling? Is this common? Thanks.
it happens. you need another person to help you with this. unscrew the problematic side and while holding the panel try to level it with the other person screwing it back in.
post #538 of 570 Old 09-06-2015, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Thank you sir.

Clerk
post #539 of 570 Old 09-11-2015, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by player002 View Post
return the set as defective get another ..
Hi player 2. I have or I should say I just purchased a 55js8500. My question is arc I have everything hooked to my TX-NR 747 then my receiver main out goes to HDMI 4 ARC. Is that correct because I'm having an issue sometime when I go to smart hub play Netflix I sometimes get no sound until I switch my receiver to TV. Then going back the other way it turns my Blu-Ray player on. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Living Room Sam. UN65KS8000 / 2017 Roku Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ920 7.2.4 / M-5010 Amp. /Sam. UBD-M8500 Blu-Ray Player.
DEN TCL 65R617 65-Inch 4K Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.2.4 / Philips 4K UHD Dolby Vision Player (P7502) BEDROOM Sam. 55JS8500 / 2016 Roku Ultra / LG UP870 3D Ultra High Definition Blu-Ray 4K Player
post #540 of 570 Old 09-11-2015, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 3935 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais View Post
Hi player 2. I have or I should say I just purchased a 55js8500. My question is arc I have everything hooked to my TX-NR 747 then my receiver main out goes to HDMI 4 ARC. Is that correct because I'm having an issue sometime when I go to smart hub play Netflix I sometimes get no sound until I switch my receiver to TV. Then going back the other way it turns my Blu-Ray player on. Any ideas would be appreciated.
arc is kinda glitchy dunno ? Nice upgrade much nicer tv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page