Official Vizio 2015 "E" series owners thread - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 115Likes

post #691 of 1393 Old 11-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00ster View Post
here's a picture of how the dot looks. Took it in a dark room to make it more prominent
I've seen that dot but only when opening the menu when it shrinks the image. Perhaps it's some kind of underscan issue. Mine is gone when it's fullscreen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 1393 Old 11-04-2015, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 259
My mother told me today that last night for about the fourth or fifth time since she got her E70 she was watching it and there was a loud cracking noise from the panel.

She says the sound and picture remains unchanged but it's like the TV itself is settling from the heat.

Has anyone experienced this? Is it something to be concerned about?
post #693 of 1393 Old 11-05-2015, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
I've seen that dot but only when opening the menu when it shrinks the image. Perhaps it's some kind of underscan issue. Mine is gone when it's fullscreen.
Thanks for the pointer. Looks like this is indeed a scan issue. Making the picture size a line wider resolves this . Un common though, I would have expected the scan issues to manifest as lines rather than dots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #694 of 1393 Old 11-05-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
My mother told me today that last night for about the fourth or fifth time since she got her E70 she was watching it and there was a loud cracking noise from the panel.

She says the sound and picture remains unchanged but it's like the TV itself is settling from the heat.

I have heard minor pops and hums but nothing as loud as what you mention
post #695 of 1393 Old 11-05-2015, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
popping sounds

Quote:

Yes I experience this and have on all of my vizio TV's. I had 3 of the 70" tv's that suffered the mysterious white dots and finally got a brand new replacement 2015 e series 70". Everyone of mine have made that sound. Just a heated pop sound. No harm, no foul. Just makes you wonder why it does that. It's fairly loud. Enough to notice.
post #696 of 1393 Old 11-06-2015, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Thanks for the pointer. Looks like this is indeed a scan issue. Making the picture size a line wider resolves this . Un common though, I would have expected the scan issues to manifest as lines rather than dots
I'd just attribute it to edge noise. I only noticed it when opening the menu to enable game mode when playing something on ps4 or wiiu. I imagine it may be present via hdmi in from a pc too depending on if resolution is set right or etc. Either way was just a thought, glad it worked out for you.
w00ster likes this.
post #697 of 1393 Old 11-07-2015, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone tell me the current firmware version for E65-C3? Firmware update comes in automatic even if on wireless? Is it better to use a wired connection?

We are having a slight lip-sync issue with Onkyo receiver. May try messing with the settings in the receiver. was not there with old set.

Thanks
post #698 of 1393 Old 11-07-2015, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have a Mitsu DLP set I am going to replace with the 70" E series or the 75" 4K Vizio. My audio receiver is just a Panasonic SA-BX500 digital one. My wife likes to be able to watch TV with just the TV speakers so she doesn't have to deal with the av receiver. How would I properly hook up my DirecTv receiver and PS3 to the Panasonic av receiver and the Vizio to work and get the best results? I want to be able to use the Panasonic receiver for watching Blu-rays on the PS3 (no gaming) and be able to watch DirecTv with just the TV speakers for sound as well as with the Panasonic receiver for sound when I watch TV. Sorry for the lame question but I am a bit lost. Thanks for any help. I'm a bit of a dinosaur now and technology has passed me by.
Steve
post #699 of 1393 Old 11-07-2015, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSatch View Post
I have a Mitsu DLP set I am going to replace with the 70" E series or the 75" 4K Vizio. My audio receiver is just a Panasonic SA-BX500 digital one. My wife likes to be able to watch TV with just the TV speakers so she doesn't have to deal with the av receiver. How would I properly hook up my DirecTv receiver and PS3 to the Panasonic av receiver and the Vizio to work and get the best results? I want to be able to use the Panasonic receiver for watching Blu-rays on the PS3 (no gaming) and be able to watch DirecTv with just the TV speakers for sound as well as with the Panasonic receiver for sound when I watch TV. Sorry for the lame question but I am a bit lost. Thanks for any help. I'm a bit of a dinosaur now and technology has passed me by.
Steve
Simple.

1. Hook all your devices to the Vizio using HDMI
2. Hook all your devices to your receiver using the optical or co-ax outputs of your device
3. Hook the optical out of the Vizio to your receiver.

With your receiver off, you will get sound from the TV from all of your devices.

To use your receiver, simply mute the TV and switch your receiver to the imput you used for each device.

If you do not have those connections available, it is time to update your accessories too.
post #700 of 1393 Old 11-07-2015, 02:12 PM

Thanks for replying. Do I lose any audio performance when the audio is coming out of my receiver from optical rather than if the HDMI was going to my receiver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfster View Post
Simple.

1. Hook all your devices to the Vizio using HDMI
2. Hook all your devices to your receiver using the optical or co-ax outputs of your device
3. Hook the optical out of the Vizio to your receiver.

With your receiver off, you will get sound from the TV from all of your devices.

To use your receiver, simply mute the TV and switch your receiver to the imput you used for each device.

If you do not have those connections available, it is time to update your accessories too.
post #701 of 1393 Old 11-07-2015, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Thanks for replying. Do I lose any audio performance when the audio is coming out of my receiver from optical rather than if the HDMI was going to my receiver?
The optical output will change DD+ audio to DD 5.1 audio. My receiver doesn't have hdmi or DD+, but the DD from the optical output sounds great to me. The internal Netflix app does DD+, I'm not sure what else does.

Vizio M60-C3 UHD TV
Vizio D50-F1 UHD TV
MythTV / Ubuntu / Home Run Prime
Paradigm Studio v2 speakers
Clark Tactile Transducer
post #702 of 1393 Old 11-07-2015, 03:49 PM

Can you post your settings for the E70-C3?

Quote:
I have the Sound and Vision version of Avia and the BD version of WOW. I used both on my E70-C3 and got the same readings within one number. The difference was the sharpness being a lot easier to see on the BD disk. I would depend on a calibration disk more then someone elses settings as TVs do vary. Keep in mind that you need to transfer those setting to each input you use. I turned my sharpness all the way down to 5 and the picture looks smoother and more natural now.
post #703 of 1393 Old 11-07-2015, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No. I have two 5.1 surround setups in my house. one is an HDMI receiver and the other is an older receiver with no HDMI inputs so I must use optical. Both work equally well. Be sure you set the output of all your devices-including the TV-to bit stream (or digital) rather than PCM.

Keep in mind that TVs generally do not pass through 5.1 digital through their optical out. You will get 5.1 from the TV antenna, but Blu-ray will probably pass through as stereo. Though it is tempting to use that one input to your receiver, it probably will not work.

Last edited by golfster; 11-11-2015 at 03:27 PM.
post #704 of 1393 Old 11-07-2015, 07:43 PM

I can go HDMI from DirecTV receiver to TV (so wife could watch TV without using the AV receiver) and also go optical sound from DirecTV receiver to av receiver. I would then mute TV volume and turn AV receiver on. Would I lose any advanced sound features that way?
Thanks,
Steve

Quote:
No. I have two 5.1 surround setups in my house. one is an HDMI receiver and the other is an older receiver with no HDMI inputs so I must use optical. Both work equally well. Be sure you set the output of all your devices-including the TV-to bit stream (or digital) rather than PCM.

Keep in mind that TVs generally do not pass through 5.1 digital through their optical out. You will get 5.1 from the TV antenna, but Blu-ray will probably pass through as stereo. Though it is temoting to us e that one input to your receiver, it probably will not work.
post #705 of 1393 Old 11-07-2015, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I can go HDMI from DirecTV receiver to TV (so wife could watch TV without using the AV receiver) and also go optical sound from DirecTV receiver to av receiver. I would then mute TV volume and turn AV receiver on. Would I lose any advanced sound features that way?
Thanks,
Steve
That is exactly the way it would work. I have my Dishnetwork hooked that way so I do not have to use the receiver just to watch regular TV or news shows..

The only difference between the sound capabilities of HDMI vs optical or co-ax is the HDMI is capable of 7.1 surround while the others are limited to 5.1 surround. HDMI also can have a 2-way communication with your receiver to automatically change inputs on your TVwhen you turn on your receiver. Sure wish it knew how to automatically turn it back where it was.
post #706 of 1393 Old 11-08-2015, 11:55 AM

Any idea if Costco will have it this low again when the current $100 off runs out later this month? Sam's and Costco are the same price now, but Sam's has free shipping and Costco has $30 shipping. Costco has double the warranty and does charge tax on pre-discounted price.

Quote:
Anyone looking to get an E70 should wait until Sept. 3 and go to Costco.
The manufacturer's $91 discount will have expired the day before on the 2nd, but Costco is showing a $280 instant savings starting on the 3rd.

That's 70" for $1089.99.
post #707 of 1393 Old 11-08-2015, 09:41 PM

24 page thread for the E series that came out before the M series and the M series has a 200 page thread?
post #708 of 1393 Old 11-08-2015, 10:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Any idea if Costco will have it this low again when the current $100 off runs out later this month? Sam's and Costco are the same price now, but Sam's has free shipping and Costco has $30 shipping. Costco has double the warranty and does charge tax on pre-discounted price.
No, but Costco is showing a pre-holiday savings event coming Nov 20-30.
The M70 will be $300 off and the E65 $100 off. I don't see an E70 sale coming, just the current $100 manufacturer's discount.
post #709 of 1393 Old 11-09-2015, 04:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Also check your receiver manual as a lot of newer receivers have a pass-through input. You would only need the hdmi that you want to run with the receiver off to go through that input to receive sound to the TV.

Quote:
Thanks,
Steve
post #710 of 1393 Old 11-11-2015, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Do the current Vizio E series have native support for Miracast or WiDi?
The TV does not show up in Windows 10 Devices. Windows 10 has support for casting Windows screen to such devices...
post #711 of 1393 Old 11-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by alokeprasad View Post
Do the current Vizio E series have native support for Miracast or WiDi?
The TV does not show up in Windows 10 Devices. Windows 10 has support for casting Windows screen to such devices...
I would say no. When I connect, only the Roku3 shows up as available devices.

Sent from LG G2 (VS980)

Last edited by mbryanr; 11-12-2015 at 02:31 AM.
post #712 of 1393 Old 11-12-2015, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I never did find a way to fix my mom's VCR issue, where the VCR largely works, but the menu pages appear and then blocked by Vizio's 'No Signal' warning.

I was wondering if there was a way to disable the Vizio's 'No Signal' page. I know for a fact the picture from her VCR is there, it's just being blocked. A lot of other devices have a way to disable this type of warning or blue screen. I'm assuming it's some hidden setting.

ALSO, should that not be an option, the only other idea I've got is a composite to HDMI upscaling box. That should fix the problem by shelling out $50 more sort of sucks when this is absolutely a Vizio bug. I've seen it on two E70's and on a P602. I know VCRs are less common, but I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about it.
post #713 of 1393 Old 11-13-2015, 02:32 AM

Quote:
I never did find a way to fix my mom's VCR issue, where the VCR largely works, but the menu pages appear and then blocked by Vizio's 'No Signal' warning.

I was wondering if there was a way to disable the Vizio's 'No Signal' page. I know for a fact the picture from her VCR is there, it's just being blocked. A lot of other devices have a way to disable this type of warning or blue screen. I'm assuming it's some hidden setting.

ALSO, should that not be an option, the only other idea I've got is a composite to HDMI upscaling box. That should fix the problem by shelling out $50 more sort of sucks when this is absolutely a Vizio bug. I've seen it on two E70's and on a P602. I know VCRs are less common, but I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about it.
$50 seems like a lot when you consider you can get a semi decent Blu Ray player for less than $70.
post #714 of 1393 Old 11-13-2015, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
$50 seems like a lot when you consider you can get a semi decent Blu Ray player for less than $70.
I Agree. Even a Walmart DVD player for $30 will look better.
But, I get it. She's got older tech and probably a boat load of VHS tapes she wants to play. That said, I believe your only option would be a device that sits between the player and the TV. Do you have an old receiver? Many older audio receivers with video will maintain the signal to the TV.

Also, a $17 device like thi smay work as well;
http://www.amazon.com/Tmvel-RCACVS-C...HZD928SMH3Z9CV
post #715 of 1393 Old 11-13-2015, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
https://blackfriday.com/stores/walma...-friday/page-2
This shows a 70" Vizio for a good price, I'm thinking of getting it but there isn't a model#, the "regular price" matches up with the E70-C3 ob their site but I know they like to sell off model # sets specifically for black Friday. Anyone know if it's a C3?
post #716 of 1393 Old 11-13-2015, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliamike View Post
I Agree. Even a Walmart DVD player for $30 will look better.
But, I get it. She's got older tech and probably a boat load of VHS tapes she wants to play. That said, I believe your only option would be a device that sits between the player and the TV. Do you have an old receiver? Many older audio receivers with video will maintain the signal to the TV.

Also, a $17 device like thi smay work as well;
http://www.amazon.com/Tmvel-RCACVS-C...HZD928SMH3Z9CV
Wow, that's a 1080p upscaler for $17? $40-50 is typical from Monoprice or NewEgg.
Something to seriously think about.

Edit: But lacks a power supply. Hmm.

Last edited by DoctorM; 11-13-2015 at 01:54 PM.
post #717 of 1393 Old 11-15-2015, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
here's a picture of how the dot looks. Took it in a dark room to make it more prominent
I have the same green dot on an E70, it appeared about week after owning the TV. I called Vizio, send them some pics, and they replaced the TV. The new one was fine out of the box, then a week later, bam, the dot appeared again. No changes made to the display settings after the first day I got it and did my own calibrations, so I do not believe this is a scan issue.

The dot remains on every input and on all colors, some just harder to see than others.

All you do by expanding the display a pixel is hide the problem and induce overscan

Last edited by J_E_F_F; 11-15-2015 at 07:31 AM.
post #718 of 1393 Old 11-15-2015, 10:48 AM

Nabbed the last two E50-C1s for layaway until I can get them for $373, is that a good deal? Will be using this primarily for gaming and don't want/need a TV bigger than 50".
post #719 of 1393 Old 11-15-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_E_F_F View Post
I have the same green dot on an E70, it appeared about week after owning the TV. I called Vizio, send them some pics, and they replaced the TV. The new one was fine out of the box, then a week later, bam, the dot appeared again. No changes made to the display settings after the first day I got it and did my own calibrations, so I do not believe this is a scan issue.

The dot remains on every input and on all colors, some just harder to see than others.

All you do by expanding the display a pixel is hide the problem and induce overscan
Anything you plan to do with your replacement set? I have had it on both my sets (including the one I returned) from Day 1

I am pretty sure though that it is not present during antenna television and the built in apps, I took a lot of time to check
post #720 of 1393 Old 11-15-2015, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto122 View Post
And, apparently it opens up our pupils so light gets in better and colors seem richer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyDragon View Post
I purchased LEDs to put behind my tv as well and it looks great! I mainly did it because it looks cool, but experts say it helps your eyes from getting tired as well.
Wow... I didnt know this, but i do have Hue LED lights attached to the back of my TV and speakers. It's awesome and they come on with the TV automatically with Harmony home control.

Quote:
I got an E70-C3 off Amazon, delivered today. Turned it on to check and I see the same issue again . I wonder if this is common across all current E70's. Will add a picture once I am back home from work but the problem is the same

1) anything connected over HDMI shows a persistent green dot on the top left hand corner of the screen. The same devices do not show the dot on other TV's
2) Coaxial and in built apps dont show the green spot. Not a dead pixel then

Contemplating whether to live with this or return it again

Will add a pic soon
The E65 I had also had the exact same green/bright dot in the top left corner. Bought it and returned it to Amazon. I thought it was a dead pixel too and didnt notice it was only HDMI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page