Official Vizio 2015 "E" series owners thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 115Likes

post #841 of 1393 Old 11-29-2015, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs102 View Post
Sam's has E-55 C2... 4th digit is a 2, not a "7 or J". Is this IPS or VA?
What's the difference between IPS vs VA?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 1393 Old 11-29-2015, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vizio e55-c1 + Bluetooth Headphones Suggestions

Hi all,

Great thread. I am new to this forum and found this site very resourceful.

I just bought the Vizio e55-c1 (2015 model) and so far I have been very satisfied with the TV. I also purchased a Roku 3, which has a headphone jack for me to plug into and not disturb others in the room. I would like to upgrade the system, by using bluetooth headphones with the option of broadcasting audio from the Vizio e55 TV and/or via the Roku 3 remote to at least 2 bluetooth headphones.

Does anyone have any recommendations or if anyone could chime in re: my setup below that would be great!

A. Bluetooth Audio Transmitter:

Option 1. Cablex(TM) 2in1 Wireless Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Sound System Receiver and Transmitter

Option 2. Bluetooth 4.0 Transmitter, TaoTronics Wireless Transmitter for TV with 3.5mm Adapter& USB Dongle

B. Bluetooth Headphones

JBL E40BT

Miscellaneous:

Or could I just bypass the bluetooth transmitter and purchase:

A bluetooth headphones + a USB bluetooth transmitter (plug into USB slot in the Vizio e55)
Kinivo Kinivo Btd-400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter

Would I need a digital to analog audio converter?

Thanks so much for the help and feedback!
post #843 of 1393 Old 11-29-2015, 10:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked: 259
For those suggesting DVD players as a replacement to a VCR... knock it off. She has one.

My mom is set in her ways. She has a moderate collection of VHS tapes pre-recorded, she also occasionally records from cable for later playback.
I also find it outdated, but it is what she wants.

The bigger issue is it means analog devices aren't handled properly and Vizio has no desire to fix it.
Standard def DVRs may not work properly or old video game consoles. There's no telling how bad this problem is.
It's certainly something that shouldn't be ignored, no matter how silly something like an old VCR might sound.
Bad engineering is bad engineering and ignoring it is a reason not to buy from a company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 1393 Old 11-30-2015, 02:59 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
If possible, could you write to [email protected] and tell them this? They are in denial that it is an issue. To me it is a basic flaw in compatibility with NTSC signals and a sign that there might be more serious problems underneath.

The most recent answer I got from them is:
That's denial and really awful customer service. I'm done with Vizio. I'm sorry I ever talked my mom into the E70. I'll certainly never consider one of their televisions again.
i sent a snapshot of pertinent post and brief description of problem. response was a little better than what you got but likely nothing will be done for existing or near future models, if ever.

"We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I will pass this information along to our product management team to ensure that all possibilities are explored when options for enhancement are considered to make our products even better.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. "
and a phone to contact them etc.

i wonder if a combo vcr/dvd unit would have a better chance of displaying menus??? my older dvd players (ex. Panny RP-82) have no trouble with menus...stand alone vcr did.

Last edited by cougar97201; 11-30-2015 at 03:14 AM.
post #845 of 1393 Old 11-30-2015, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Information Banner Keeps Popping Up....

I just purchased an E-60 and often while watching TV the Info banner at top pops up. I realize it does this whenever you change channels....but it also does while on the same channel. It is rather bothersome when watching movie on one of the premium cable channels. I have sattellite (Direct TV) and thought it may be due to loss of signal.

Just wanted to see if anybody else has experienced this....and if they figured out what it was and/or how to resolve the issue.
post #846 of 1393 Old 11-30-2015, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar97201 View Post
i sent a snapshot of pertinent post and brief description of problem. response was a little better than what you got but likely nothing will be done for existing or near future models, if ever.

"We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I will pass this information along to our product management team to ensure that all possibilities are explored when options for enhancement are considered to make our products even better.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. "
and a phone to contact them etc.

i wonder if a combo vcr/dvd unit would have a better chance of displaying menus??? my older dvd players (ex. Panny RP-82) have no trouble with menus...stand alone vcr did.
Thanks. Some chimp named Colin at customer service is stonewalling me. He's denying that the problem has anything to do with Vizio and will definitely not be passing the issue on to any one else.

So... anyone want to start a class action lawsuit? Vizio says their TVs can show NTSC signals, but apparently not properly. They're definitely misrepresenting their TVs.
post #847 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'm in Canada but have the option between the Vizio E65-C3 or the E65x-C2... The C2 comes with an extra year warranty for the same price.

Should I get the 60 Hz C2 (with 2 year warranty) or the 120 Hz C3 (with 1 year warranty)? Price is $935 USD ($1250 CAD).

Thanks!
post #848 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_wa View Post
I'm in Canada but have the option between the Vizio E65-C3 or the E65x-C2... The C2 comes with an extra year warranty for the same price.

Should I get the 60 Hz C2 (with 2 year warranty) or the 120 Hz C3 (with 1 year warranty)? Price is $935 USD ($1250 CAD).

Thanks!
I had the same dilemma. I assume the C2 has an extra year warranty because you are buying from Costco?

I decided to get the C3 and used a credit card which gave me an extra year warranty (making it equal to the Costco purchase). I bought mine from Amazon which ended up being $20 less for a slightly better model. If you do buy on Amazon.ca, sign up for ebates.ca and get 4% back on your purchase!
post #849 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyDragon View Post
I had the same dilemma. I assume the C2 has an extra year warranty because you are buying from Costco?

I decided to get the C3 and used a credit card which gave me an extra year warranty (making it equal to the Costco purchase). I bought mine from Amazon which ended up being $20 less for a slightly better model. If you do buy on Amazon.ca, sign up for ebates.ca and get 4% back on your purchase!
Darn, I looked at my Visa extended warranty and I thought it meant I would get 1 year max warranty... it says 1 year additional warranty. I have ebates already so with using my Visa I can get the same warranty on the E65-C3 through Amazon and $20 cash back with ebates!

Thanks for this, cancelling my Costco order for the E65x-C2 now!

Edit: Guess it just shipped today... suppose I could return it but my money will still be tied up for a while. Oh well, looks like I may just keep the E65x-C2 then...

Last edited by nick_wa; 12-01-2015 at 09:26 AM.
post #850 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Darn, I looked at my Visa extended warranty and I thought it meant I would get 1 year max warranty... it says 1 year additional warranty. I have ebates already so with using my Visa I can get the same warranty on the E65-C3 through Amazon and $20 cash back with ebates!

Edit: Guess it just shipped today... suppose I could return it but my money will still be tied up for a while. Oh well, looks like I may just keep the E65x-C2 then...
I do not know about your Visa, but my Chase Visa is giving 10% cash back on Amazon purchases (up to $1500) to the end of the year. It also adds the extra warranty.
post #851 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfster View Post
I do not know about your Visa, but my Chase Visa is giving 10% cash back on Amazon purchases (up to $1500) to the end of the year. It also adds the extra warranty.
Is that a US Chase card? I have the Amazon.ca Chase card and it doesn't give me any of that
post #852 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:

If you have access to a truck or van, returning it to a store would be no big deal. It's very light, but you'll need 2 people to carry the box.
post #853 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyDragon View Post
If you have access to a truck or van, returning it to a store would be no big deal. It's very light, but you'll need 2 people to carry the box.
I do have a truck but unfortunately I am ~400 miles from the closest Costco. Trying to decide if I should just order the E65-C3 from Amazon and then deal with setting up a return for the E65x-C2 after it arrives.
post #854 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I do have a truck but unfortunately I am ~400 miles from the closest Costco. Trying to decide if I should just order the E65-C3 from Amazon and then deal with setting up a return for the E65x-C2 after it arrives.
For 400 miles I would probably just keep it, unless Costco will pick it up at your house.
post #855 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
New to the forum - so much great advice I keep changing my mind.

Just cancelled the M60 I ordered - after reading this thread I think that 1080p is all i need for now. Was just about to pick up a E60 (brick and mortar store - just in case) and had earlier sent a question to the Rtings guys but they suggested the Samsung UN60J6300 for my uses especially upscaling lower quality media like my Directv HD DVR (thought that was 1080p - can anyone explain?)

Of course I'd rather not spend the extra money - but I want to make sure to get a picture that won't drive me nuts. How is the E60 with upscaling?

I am visually sensitive and even a hint of SOE will make me leave the room and never watch that TV again. Will the general processing using my ROKU, Apple TV or Directv receiver drive me nuts?

We mainly watch Movies and Scripted TV - no Sports or Gaming. I'm looking for 60" most "film-like" picture. Is the upscaling issue worth the price difference?

We currently have a 42" Olevia - so anything will be a step up (though I've always found the image natural, if not a bit on the soft side which I prefer to SOE.)

I could go up to the E65 - but given my dislike of processing I thought the 60hz on the 60" might be better.
post #856 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help, I got a Yamaha V779 receiver since my old one did not support ARC. Now when I watch tv from my Comcast cable box through my Receiver. The E70 Vizio tv goes blk then back on immediately every 5 mins or sometimes longer or sometimes less, shows the top display with source, resolution 1080i, and aspect ratio. It keeps doing this none stop. I have my receiver set as Auto for Resolution thinking it was the receiver causing it. Something is sending the signal to the tv that the TV keeps trying to adjust resolution or something.

Has anyone experience this and might know what I can do to fix it?

I have a cisco RNG150 Comcast cable box.

Any help is appreciated
post #857 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
For those suggesting DVD players as a replacement to a VCR... knock it off. She has one.

My mom is set in her ways. She has a moderate collection of VHS tapes pre-recorded, she also occasionally records from cable for later playback.
I also find it outdated, but it is what she wants.

The bigger issue is it means analog devices aren't handled properly and Vizio has no desire to fix it.
Standard def DVRs may not work properly or old video game consoles. There's no telling how bad this problem is.
It's certainly something that shouldn't be ignored, no matter how silly something like an old VCR might sound.
Bad engineering is bad engineering and ignoring it is a reason not to buy from a company.
I just tried my E70-C3 and the VCR menu works just fine on the Vizio. A little disclaimer here. I am using a VCR/DVD recorder and it displays a color graphic menu. Also, when I switch to the menu, the recorder switches to the DVD side and the inputs are component video and that may make a difference. Perhaps a DVD/VCR combo would work for her. Even the non DVD recording models should use component connections. Mine is a Pioneer DVR-RT500 if you are interested. It records to DVD as well as VHS.
post #858 of 1393 Old 12-01-2015, 10:25 PM

OK....I pulled the trigger on a 60" Vizio E60-C3 for CyberMonday. Can anyone who already has this set let me know what to expect? It will mainly be used for just watching DirecTV and some Netflix. No gaming or anything. How are they and what should I look for as far as calibrating/tuning it in? Any input would be greatly appreciated. My big screen experience so far has been with my Sharp TVs. Not sure what to expect with this one, but it seems a lot of people here said it was a good deal.

Thank you.
post #859 of 1393 Old 12-02-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TungstenGT View Post
OK....I pulled the trigger on a 60" Vizio E60-C3 for CyberMonday. Can anyone who already has this set let me know what to expect? It will mainly be used for just watching DirecTV and some Netflix. No gaming or anything. How are they and what should I look for as far as calibrating/tuning it in? Any input would be greatly appreciated. My big screen experience so far has been with my Sharp TVs. Not sure what to expect with this one, but it seems a lot of people here said it was a good deal.

Thank you.
I just ordered the 65" Vizio so I haven't experienced it either. However, I was told to check our Rtings for recommended settings. Some people say they liked the settings they found on CNET better.

These are the recommended settings - would be a good start: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/viz...-2015/settings

They also review the E-series TVs here: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/e-series-2015

& here: http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-e-series-2015/
klh007 and TungstenGT like this.
post #860 of 1393 Old 12-02-2015, 06:24 AM

Cool

Quote:
I just ordered the 65" Vizio so I haven't experienced it either. However, I was told to check our Rtings for recommended settings. Some people say they liked the settings they found on CNET better.

These are the recommended settings - would be a good start: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/viz...-2015/settings

They also review the E-series TVs here: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/e-series-2015

& here: http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-e-series-2015/
Thank you! I will check those out.
post #861 of 1393 Old 12-02-2015, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfster View Post
I just tried my E70-C3 and the VCR menu works just fine on the Vizio. A little disclaimer here. I am using a VCR/DVD recorder and it displays a color graphic menu. Also, when I switch to the menu, the recorder switches to the DVD side and the inputs are component video and that may make a difference. Perhaps a DVD/VCR combo would work for her. Even the non DVD recording models should use component connections. Mine is a Pioneer DVR-RT500 if you are interested. It records to DVD as well as VHS.
It seems impossible to get a plain VCR anymore. They're all combos. They also seem to largely have HDMI output, which should completely eliminate the problem.
It's one of the things we're considering as a solution.

When you say component you mean Y/Pb/Pr cabling? Yeah that should make a difference. It might even be getting upscaled to 480p or higher.
post #862 of 1393 Old 12-02-2015, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TungstenGT View Post

Thank you.
I purchased the same unit on Sunday - my 2009 Samsung went out.....won't buy another Samsung since I am not convinced they have the power supply capacity issue resolved (subject of a class action lawsuit). In any event, I used the tunning recommendations on the second page of this thread and am happy with the result. The only issue I have is that the info banner keeps popping up - even when I don't change channels (see previous post)....still trying to figure this out....
TungstenGT likes this.
post #863 of 1393 Old 12-02-2015, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I found out if I have ARC enabled on my Receiver Yamaha RX-V779 and CEC Enabled or ARC Only. My Vizio E70 starts blinking every minute or so, showing the Info banner. If I turn off ARC on either device, the TV stops blinking and is fine.

Has anyone experience this before and maybe have a solution for this ARC issue?

Thanks
post #864 of 1393 Old 12-02-2015, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

When you say component you mean Y/Pb/Pr cabling?
Yes, exactly. You can probably find a combo unit at Goodwill for $10-15. Not all record to DVD but I think all record to VHS. Of course if you find one with HDMI, it would eliminate a lot of cables.

Last edited by golfster; 12-02-2015 at 09:55 PM.
post #865 of 1393 Old 12-02-2015, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 99
got mine yesterday and set it up today; very disappointed in the DLNA server app function. Only small files would stream without stopping (using Tversity media server). Thought it might be the wi-fi but same result after I hard wired it. Hooked up my ps3 to it and it streams smooth as silk. Ended up buying a second ps3 on ebay, which I was hoping to avoid...
post #866 of 1393 Old 12-03-2015, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm certain i'm in the minority of what i'm experiencing but after much deliberation I decided to go with a triple E32-C1 setup for my desktop build.. I'm okay with 1080p when it's at about twice the distance I would normally have a smaller monitor so I figured for the low cost of a NICE 32" full array panel, this would be my next best idea.. Anyways, I bought ONE E32-C1 unit from Best Buy last night to make sure the panel will work for me in terms of picture quality and resolution/HZ, etc.. and here are my obversations:

1080p @ 60hz: WORKS, but not Full Chroma 4:4:4 (High lag input in this mode for some reason)
1080p @ 120hz: WORKS with Full Chroma 4:4:4 (No noticeable lag input, very fast, fluid, perfect for gaming, essentially true Monitor Mode because all the post-processing settings disappear from the tv menu)

Yes I realize that the panel acccepts 120hz but is only displaying 60hz.. however there is much more to the story here.

Furthermore, 1080p @ 60hz obviously uses a lot more post-processing going on in the tv causing high lag input (even with game mode enabled) I haven't figured out why or why how to fix this so far.. Also the gamma/darkness is way out of wack at 60hz.. far darker than the 120hz mode

1080p @ 120hz turns off all processing in the TV therefore creating a very nice capable monitor.. The gamma is near perfect here, it's basically as nice as any other high end monitor i've had the pleasure of using ove the years. The panel also has insane input lag/response time when feeding a 120hz signal.. It's truly a gem of a panel for the cost.

SO MY BIGGEST ISSUE that might be a deal breaker for me is the fact that most of the games i'm trying are forcing the panel to go back into 1080p @ 60hz mode.. completely ruining the picture quality and input lag.. I haven't found a way to force games to use 120hz or use "Desktop resolution".. Some games are very flexible and actually show 1080p @ 120hz modes but most just allow for a resolution change only... Apparently people who own gaming monitors are facing the same issue as I am when it comes to games that lack specific Hz changing.. but those folks don't have to deal with high input lag in 60hz like I do.

So, does anybody know of a way to force games/apps to run at a specific Hz rating? I bet the Xbox/PS4 people are irritated at the high input lag at 60hz on this unit.

I have late model Nvidia gpus which have a ton of options but do not see a way to force Hz under 3d settings.

TLDR; E32-C1 is a capable 4:4:4 full chroma AND gaming monitor if you can feed a 120hz 1080p signal to it. Issue is feeding 1080p @ 60hz causes dark gamma shift and high input lag and most games force the E32-C1 to run at 60hz ruining the "gaming experience".

Vizio P50-C1
Vizio M50-C1
Vizio E701i-A3
Vizio D40u-D1
post #867 of 1393 Old 12-03-2015, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This may be a silly and/or ignorant question, but here goes.

I just bought an E55-C1 and set it up with the Cnet suggested settings, looks very good - came from a 7-year old Panasonic 720p plasma.

My question is on the output settings on my cable box and Blu-ray player... should the Cable/Blu-ray output be set to 60p for this TV?

Thanks in advance!
post #868 of 1393 Old 12-03-2015, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfanbob View Post
This may be a silly and/or ignorant question, but here goes.

I just bought an E55-C1 and set it up with the Cnet suggested settings, looks very good - came from a 7-year old Panasonic 720p plasma.

My question is on the output settings on my cable box and Blu-ray player... should the Cable/Blu-ray output be set to 60p for this TV?

Thanks in advance!
The BD player should be set to output 1080p and the cable box at its best setting-probably 1080i.
post #869 of 1393 Old 12-03-2015, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I talked to a higher level technician today, and this is what I learned:

1) Menus from old VCRs, the original Nintendo console and certain games for the N64 console output resolutions below 480 lines.
2) Vizio TVs cannot and will not display these signals. It is a known limitation and they will not address it.
3) Lower tier customer support is not allowed to acknowledge the problem to a customer and will attempt to talk around it.
Retro gamers and VCR users should avoid TVs by Vizio.

Other interesting insight to how Vizio thinks:

They are seriously considering removing the RF coxial input and tuners from their TVs.
Apparently they feel that people, especially those that purchase P or R series televisions, would NEVER use OTA. Even if 4k were approved by the FCC they think the interest is too low!?
They also feel that QAM will never be needed again. (Probably true, but very sad.)

So while many people are looking to cut the cord, Vizio wants to tie you to it.
Their future roadmap is that you might save money on their TVs, but you will have to pay for more devices and tuners if you want to watch in a way different than how they think you should.
mrmazda likes this.

Last edited by DoctorM; 12-12-2015 at 01:24 PM.
post #870 of 1393 Old 12-03-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
I talked to a higher level technician today, and this is what I learned:

Other interesting insight to how Vizio thinks:

They are seriously considering removing the RF coxial input and tuners from their TVs.
Apparently they feel that people, especially those that purchase P or R series televisions, would NEVER use OTA. Even if 4k were approved by the FCC they think the interest is too low!?
They also feel that QAM will never be needed again. (Probably true, but very sad.)

So while many people are looking to cut the cord, Vizio wants to tie you to it.
Their future roadmap is that you might save money on their TVs, but you will have to pay for more devices and tuners if you want to watch in a way different then they think you should.
There are still many people using OTA, and not having the RF coaxial input may not bother everyone. It does seem ridiculous to remove it. Many are probably using other methods to see OTA (specifically using a rooftop antenna).

I use a Dish receiver with an integrated OTA tuner, that sends the signal through HDMI.
You could also use a DTVPal or ChannelMaster OTA DVR that sends the signal through HDMI.

Disclaimer: I don't endorse any particular brand. Purchasing electronics is a compromise.
Brand selection may not be a main consideration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page