Official Vizio 2015 "E" series owners thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 115Likes

post #901 of 1393 Old 12-10-2015, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I too have the green pixel in the upper left corner on all my HDMI inputs on my E65-C3. The weird thing is that it only shows up when displaying 1080p or 1080i content. It goes away when I change the output of my HDMI sources to a resolution of 720p or less.

I wonder if this is fixable with a firmware update...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1393 Old 12-11-2015, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sualpine View Post
Hi all. I just picked up a E55-C2 from Walmart. It does have a J in the 4th character. This is the backlight bleed. Seems really bad. Defective, or because of IPS instead of VA? I can't seem to find a VA model. Should I go with another TV then, or is this just defective?

I got the same problem but with more concentrated "blooming" from the bottom of my E55-C1 screen. I don't know if this is normal. Any feedback would be great as if it's not normal I'll return. Thank you
post #903 of 1393 Old 12-11-2015, 05:49 AM

Purchased the E55-C1 notice two areas of blooming or flashlighting from the bottom of the screen. I've tuned the tv and it looks great but when viewing black scenes can see this. Is this normal? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151206_164719.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1112570  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 1393 Old 12-17-2015, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hidden Menu/Browser on Vizio E32-C1

I have a Vizio E32-C1 2015 that I picked up a few months ago. The Vizio e-series are a pretty good deal IMHO.

I was trying to turn it on in the dark the other day, and ended up pressing some unknown button combination as I fumbled in the dark.

The result was rather surprising, the TV turned on and revealed a gray screen (from the look of it it was an HTML form) with the title "Opera App Launcher". Below the title was an input field and a submit button. Next to the input field in parentheses was the text "(0-9)".

I was able to move from element on the page from the arrow navigation buttons on the remote.

So I entered the number '5' from my remote, and hit the submit button. After a few seconds the Vizio official website loaded up. I was able to navigate the page and browse, but couldn't find a way to return to the grey screen or enter a URL manually.

So far I've had no luck finding what button combo I entered. From searching the web I've gotten no hits about how to get into the service menu from the e-series, let alone anyone else who has encountered the "Opera App Launcher".

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'm really eager to low-level access to my Smart TV.
post #905 of 1393 Old 12-18-2015, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by extranatural View Post
I have a Vizio E32-C1 2015 that I picked up a few months ago. The Vizio e-series are a pretty good deal IMHO.

I was trying to turn it on in the dark the other day, and ended up pressing some unknown button combination as I fumbled in the dark.

The result was rather surprising, the TV turned on and revealed a gray screen (from the look of it it was an HTML form) with the title "Opera App Launcher". Below the title was an input field and a submit button. Next to the input field in parentheses was the text "(0-9)".

I was able to move from element on the page from the arrow navigation buttons on the remote.

So I entered the number '5' from my remote, and hit the submit button. After a few seconds the Vizio official website loaded up. I was able to navigate the page and browse, but couldn't find a way to return to the grey screen or enter a URL manually.

So far I've had no luck finding what button combo I entered. From searching the web I've gotten no hits about how to get into the service menu from the e-series, let alone anyone else who has encountered the "Opera App Launcher".

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'm really eager to low-level access to my Smart TV.
Hmmmm.
This doesn't sound right to me. It is possible that you had the tv hooked up to a device that has the opera browser on it? Were there any empty wine or liquor bottles laying around in the morning?
;-)
post #906 of 1393 Old 12-18-2015, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello everyone, I bought the E-43 on thanksgiving and have noticed on the flat test pattern 100% white, and any other white like on a browser page, that it is noticeably brighter in the center, while having what looks like a red tint. I have also noticed that on both sides of the screen the whites have a bluish tint to them. I used the Disney wow disc to set it up and it does look pretty good besides my problem. I'm trying to find out if this is a defect and i should return it, Or if this is a white uniformity issue of some sort and i just keep it. Thanks
post #907 of 1393 Old 12-19-2015, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartload View Post
I too have the green pixel in the upper left corner on all my HDMI inputs on my E65-C3. The weird thing is that it only shows up when displaying 1080p or 1080i content. It goes away when I change the output of my HDMI sources to a resolution of 720p or less.

I wonder if this is fixable with a firmware update...
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one.

I just had a new E70 shipped from Walmart (because my first E70 had the stuck pixel + bad backlight leak along the left edge of the screen). The new one has the EXACT same pixel issue! (only on HDMI sources, not while watching TV or built-in apps).

This must be some kind of video processing/input board issue. Wonder if Vizio will do anything about it. If not, I'm tempted to put a tiny piece of electrical tape on the corner of the screen, to cover the pixel.
post #908 of 1393 Old 12-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Anyone with an E40 able to display 60hz material? It always shows me vertical refresh of 24 or 29 and never any higher.
post #909 of 1393 Old 12-19-2015, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliamike View Post
Hmmmm.
This doesn't sound right to me. It is possible that you had the tv hooked up to a device that has the opera browser on it? Were there any empty wine or liquor bottles laying around in the morning?
;-)
I was sober, and it's a little annoying that I have to defend my character, instead of talking about the hardware in question.

The single device plugged into the TV is a computer plugged in via HDMI, and it was shut off. My video card doesn't support CEC, so I cannot control the computer via the TV remote even if it were turned on.

I didn't explicitly see anything like Opera logo or version number, only a plain text heading entitled "Opera App Launcher".

But even so do you have some specific reason why you don't think this could be possible?

Opera is commonly used as the browser for consumer electronic devices. It seems entirely plausible to me that Opera is the browser powering the HTML5 Via Apps found on E-series TVs.
post #910 of 1393 Old 12-21-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extranatural View Post
I was sober, and it's a little annoying that I have to defend my character, instead of talking about the hardware in question.

The single device plugged into the TV is a computer plugged in via HDMI, and it was shut off. My video card doesn't support CEC, so I cannot control the computer via the TV remote even if it were turned on.

I didn't explicitly see anything like Opera logo or version number, only a plain text heading entitled "Opera App Launcher".

But even so do you have some specific reason why you don't think this could be possible?

Opera is commonly used as the browser for consumer electronic devices. It seems entirely plausible to me that Opera is the browser powering the HTML5 Via Apps found on E-series TVs.
YIKES!!!!!!! I was just trying to be humorous!
Since the TV is network connected and has smart capabilities requiring an OS, I would agree that there is no reason why it couldn't be running a version of Opera, or at least Opera code, in the background.
post #911 of 1393 Old 12-21-2015, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliamike View Post
YIKES!!!!!!! I was just trying to be humorous!
Since the TV is network connected and has smart capabilities requiring an OS, I would agree that there is no reason why it couldn't be running a version of Opera, or at least Opera code, in the background.
Don't make fun of a man and his Vizio lol!!

P.S I am trying to be humorous also
post #912 of 1393 Old 12-21-2015, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Serious Post.

I have an E70-C3, hooked up to a Yamaha receiver. The E70 only has HDMI 1 input and the HDMI out from the receiver. Every time I turn on the receiver and tv on, the TV shows the HDM1 input info on top, I hear the sound coming from the receiver but then the TV tries to find the signal again, so the sounds goes off, the tv blinks like it is checking for a signal, and finally after a few seconds, the video and sound go on. Sometimes when I change input on the receiver only, i get "no signal" from the tv even though everything is on.

Has anyone experience this before, any suggestions on how to fix it?
post #913 of 1393 Old 12-21-2015, 04:49 PM

I have a vizio e65-c2. Does anyone have a good callibbration for this tv so I can try it. Thanks for any help
post #914 of 1393 Old 12-22-2015, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy02cls View Post
Bought the Vizio E60-C3 in June. Has been fine, no issues till 2 weeks ago. It downloaded firmware version 1.90.19.0180.
Since then my wireless signal has been cut to 3 bars & is in yellow. Before this it was full strength & all green. Nothing in my wireless hardware or setup has changed.
Is this something I can fix or do I have to complain to Vizio support?
firmware version 1.90.19.0180 has screwed up skin tones big time. Now they look like Black Detail setting has been set to low. plastic and blown out. I was loving this TV. Now, the picture looks like crap. I just started my vacation and was looking forward to watching some movies. I watched "ant man" last night and I was completely distracted by the terrible picture. I'm mad at myself for not disconnecting the TV from the internet. Does anyone know what changes they made in the new firmware?
post #915 of 1393 Old 12-22-2015, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cid67 View Post
Hey guys, I want to share the results of the Calibration on my Visio E65x-C2. This Calibration was done using Spectracal's Calman V.4 and the AVS 709 calibration disc. My meter is a eye-one pro spectroradiometer.
I created a custom Picture mode for this calibration that was derived from the Dark Calibration picture mode. This custom Picture mode was created to be a lights out, critical Viewing picture mode and therefore I targeted a 2.4 gamma and a light output of 40FL. one thing worth noting about this display's gamma is that they are off there target by default. the 2.2 setting is close to 2.4 with the high end closer to 2.5. all gamma settings are biased By the same Amount. this calibration corrects that error.

in my experience this sets Active LED Zones should be turned off. This setting works like a iris in that it improves the black level by dimming the backlight primarily across the entire screen, not just the dark areas of the screen. The Less bright the on screen content is overall, the more this TV dims the backlight. Unfortunately this dimming is quite aggressive and you may have instances where brighter areas in an otherwise dark scene are dimmed far to much. Not only that but the local array dimming can cause lighter details to be crushed in certain cases. Most notably in lighter facial details.

the sharpness setting should be set to 0 as it doesn't blur picture details but having it set higher than 0 does add artifacts to the picture that are not part of the original source material.

For those who set contrast with a test pattern you will want to also use a pattern to check the primary colors for crush. This set crushes red and blue before it crushes gray so you will want to check that against your contrast adjustment.

this model is of the 60hz variety not 120hz like the E65-c3 model. As a result it seems that it has less Lag and thus Makes for a Excellent gaming display.

Anyway, here are my settings. Keep in mind that all displays are unique individuals so to speak, Even from within the same model line. As a result, your mileage can vary if you using these setting on your set. It could improve your picture but it could also make it worse. I am providing it for comparison and also as a example of what this display can achieve.

Settings
Auto brightness= Off
Backlight= 26
Brightness= 50
Contrast= 79
Color= 50
Tint= 0
Sharpness= 0
Color temp= Normal
Black detail= Off
Active LED zones= Off
Clear Action= Off
Reduce noise= Off
Game Low Latency= Off
Film. Mode= Auto
Gamma= 2.4

Grayscale
5%= 1 0 -13
10%= 12 11 -2
20%= 8 11 -3
30%= 11 13 9
40%= 16 11 9
50%= 20 16 13
60%= 17 18 17
70%= 9 18 12
80%= 7 19 9
90%= -6 10 -6
100%= -24 26 -15

Color
Hue Saturation Brightness
Red= 0 -12 14
Green= 50 45 -19
Blue= -50 -43 50
Cyan= 20 50 -2
Magen= 6 -37 50
Yellow= -31 -48 8

Offset= 0
Gain= 0

As some of you may be aware, the Eye-one Pro has a hard time with readings below about 20%. To compensate for that I boosted the backlight to 100 in order to get a accurate reading for 10%.
For 5% I transposed the settings from the 10% reading but lowered it so that green was 0 so as not to excessively raise the black level's light output. BTW, I got a final reading of 0.0116FL with the local dimming off for black level 0%IRE. If I did my math correctly that also makes the displays real world contrast ratio 3462 to1 in this mode.

If you want a good setting for night viewing with perhaps a reading lamp on adjust the calibrated dark picture mode settings to 34 for the backlight and 2.2 for the gamma. All other settings should be as listed above. This put the light output on my Set to 50FL. The gamma 2.2 should be a accurate setting now and will brighten up the picture enough to compensate for a little bit of dim light in the environment.

Enjoy.
Thanks! Your grayscale was able to get my tv close to where it was before the firmware update. Now I just need to tweak a little. Thanks!
post #916 of 1393 Old 12-23-2015, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by elloco07 View Post
Serious Post.

I have an E70-C3, hooked up to a Yamaha receiver. The E70 only has HDMI 1 input and the HDMI out from the receiver. Every time I turn on the receiver and tv on, the TV shows the HDM1 input info on top, I hear the sound coming from the receiver but then the TV tries to find the signal again, so the sounds goes off, the tv blinks like it is checking for a signal, and finally after a few seconds, the video and sound go on. Sometimes when I change input on the receiver only, i get "no signal" from the tv even though everything is on.

Has anyone experience this before, any suggestions on how to fix it?
I assume you mean the receiver is hooked to HDMI 1 on the Vizio. That is the ARC connection. I would check the ARC settings on both your TV and receiver. Make sure both are either turned on or off.
post #917 of 1393 Old 12-23-2015, 11:35 AM

Hi. Does anyone have or have a link to picture settings while using Clear Motion?
I have the E60-C3 and I like the blur reduction of clear motion, but the picture seems washed out when I turn it on.

I've spent quite a bit of time and effort perfecting my settings with Clear Motion off. I'm not sure I want to invest the same amount of time for clear motion so I need a starting off point, by using someone's settings.

Thanks!
post #918 of 1393 Old 12-25-2015, 12:22 AM

So I bought a Vizio E40-C2 and am having an issue. I like the set but if I turn on clear motion and active LED zones at the same time, the screen will significantly dim after watching for a few minutes (darker scenes and flashes to black (like between commercials) seem to provoke the dimming. Each mode when initially dim the screen a little bit when activated, but this is not what I'm talking about. The screen will permanently dim after a few minutes with both settings on, very similar to a laptop screen dimming the backlight to conserve batterylife. Both modes work fine together for a few minutes, but eventually the backlight will dim and it looks like it's at the lowest brightness possible.

The only way to get the brightness back up is to shut the TV off and on to reset it (even changing video settings including turning clear motion and active LED zones off doesn't work). The screen will look normal again after turning it off and on, but if I use a video setting with both effects active, the screen will randomly dim again after a few minutes.

The display model at Sam's Club exhibited the same issue (only the E40-C2 did this, non of the other E-series seemed to do it) but the display model at best buy (where I bought it from) didn't seem to have this issue with both effects turned on. I contacted Vizio about this with their online chat and they offered me a replacement unit. I exchanged it for a replacement at best buy and I'm still having this issue. So 3 out of the 4 Vizio E40-C2s I have seen exhibit this problem (the one at best buy still might do it, I've had my TV go over 10 mintues before the screen would dim) so this is either an inherent problem with all of the E40s or my area just got a bad batch.

Anyone else having this issue?
post #919 of 1393 Old 12-25-2015, 12:22 AM

So I bought a Vizio E40-C2 and am having an issue. I like the set but if I turn on clear motion and active LED zones at the same time, the screen will significantly dim after watching for a few minutes (darker scenes and flashes to black (like between commercials) seem to provoke the dimming. Each mode when initially dim the screen a little bit when activated, but this is not what I'm talking about. The screen will permanently dim after a few minutes with both settings on, very similar to a laptop screen dimming the backlight to conserve batterylife. Both modes work fine together for a few minutes, but eventually the backlight will dim and it looks like it's at the lowest brightness possible.

The only way to get the brightness back up is to shut the TV off and on to reset it (even changing video settings including turning clear motion and active LED zones off doesn't work). The screen will look normal again after turning it off and on, but if I use a video setting with both effects active, the screen will randomly dim again after a few minutes.

The display model at Sam's Club exhibited the same issue (only the E40-C2 did this, non of the other E-series seemed to do it) but the display model at best buy (where I bought it from) didn't seem to have this issue with both effects turned on. I contacted Vizio about this with their online chat and they offered me a replacement unit. I exchanged it for a replacement at best buy and I'm still having this issue. So 3 out of the 4 Vizio E40-C2s I have seen exhibit this problem (the one at best buy still might do it, I've had my TV go over 10 mintues before the screen would dim) so this is either an inherent problem with all of the E40s or my area just got a bad batch.

post #920 of 1393 Old 12-25-2015, 01:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Are you sure the light sensor is disabled?
post #921 of 1393 Old 12-25-2015, 04:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Whats the latest firmware version for E65-C3?
Anyone knows the location of change-logs for Vizio products?
post #922 of 1393 Old 12-25-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Are you sure the light sensor is disabled?
Yup. When you enable clear motion, the ambient sensor is automatically off.
post #923 of 1393 Old 12-25-2015, 08:11 AM

Good morning all. We just bought an E40x for my mother in law and I'm looking for a way to simplify things a bit. I have two questions: what's the best way to interact with the Comcast box (really like to get away from using two remotes) and is there a decent remote control app (iOS) that might be better for her than the remote that came with the TV? Thanks!
post #924 of 1393 Old 12-26-2015, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN FLANNEL View Post

I was going insane today because it seemed like my TV was incredibly dim..

I had clear motion disabled but was messing around with it the other day and had it enabled for a few hours.

Today, I thought I was either having vision problems or something was off with the picture. It was very dim. I had the TV calibrated as per CNET's recommendations...

I shut off the TV for a while and now the TV is fully bright again. I disabled the clear motion motion option.

I will keep an eye on it, if the problem comes back with clear motion enabled I'll come back to this thread. Sounds like a firmware issue, mine was updated the day after I purchased it (roughly a week ago)

Same exact model, purchased at Best Buy last week.
post #925 of 1393 Old 12-26-2015, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant W View Post
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one.

I just had a new E70 shipped from Walmart (because my first E70 had the stuck pixel + bad backlight leak along the left edge of the screen). The new one has the EXACT same pixel issue! (only on HDMI sources, not while watching TV or built-in apps).

This must be some kind of video processing/input board issue. Wonder if Vizio will do anything about it. If not, I'm tempted to put a tiny piece of electrical tape on the corner of the screen, to cover the pixel.
I had the upper leftmost green/bright pixel on E65 too.
post #926 of 1393 Old 12-27-2015, 09:06 PM

So I purchased my e48-c2 a couple weeks ago. First tv I've purchased since my dynex about 8 years ago. Got it for a good deal at target, picture looks great after calibrating a few options, but I can't seem to get the refresh rate I've seen from other tvs displaying at stores, even vizio tvs. Running netflix directly from the smart feature on the TV gives me that 120hz look I want, somewhat at least, but when running netflix from my ps3, it doesn't show, almost as if it's at 60hz. Even running Blue Ray movies has the same issue. Is it possible that that just cause I'm running off my ps3 it's going to stay looking that way, or am I adjusting something wrong? Any help possible is much appreciated.
post #927 of 1393 Old 12-28-2015, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Ok, just curious how many e series owners are still happy with their TV? The E48 or E50 seems to be the best option for my needs, but after reading some of the recent complaints in this thread, I'm having some reservations.
post #928 of 1393 Old 12-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
No issue here with my E48,still consider the E series the best value screen.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
post #929 of 1393 Old 12-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdH2Odvr View Post
Good morning all. We just bought an E40x for my mother in law and I'm looking for a way to simplify things a bit. I have two questions: what's the best way to interact with the Comcast box (really like to get away from using two remotes) and is there a decent remote control app (iOS) that might be better for her than the remote that came with the TV? Thanks!
Which comcast remote do you have? I have the XR5 (X1 box) which controls the TV and input selection. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything else. I have other RF devices so it won't be cheap...
If you only have IR devices only, go with a URC remote or a low end Harmony.

Peel smart remote looks to be a decent option, although most phone remotes are hit or miss
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/peel...894930703?mt=8

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited by mbryanr; 12-28-2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Apple app
post #930 of 1393 Old 12-28-2015, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepx13 View Post
Ok, just curious how many e series owners are still happy with their TV? The E48 or E50 seems to be the best option for my needs, but after reading some of the recent complaints in this thread, I'm having some reservations.
the different models in the e series can be quite different.
size is a general indicator...a 70" is a different animal than a 40" (btw i have both and love both).
70" is 120hz panel and 40" is 60 hz panel.
and some sizes have different panel manufacturers and therefore have slightly different viewing characteristics (see ips vs va panel discussions).

so, just asking about e series is not gonna get you much useful info. better to limit it to a specific model....and see if there are any differences even in that model (panel type for instance).
apples to apples, oranges to oranges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page