Official Vizio 2015 "E" series owners thread - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 115Likes

post #961 of 1393 Old 01-05-2016, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveBoy View Post
Looks like Vizio just released the new D series last week on store shelves, which BTW are 4k 50" up.
I'm not sure if it's just the E series with the 4k resolution or it's a replacement for the M series. Anybody know?
interested in this myself. I noticed the 65 inch d series and am really interested in it now as spec wise it seems almost identical to the e series just with 4K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 1393 Old 01-05-2016, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsapp2383 View Post
interested in this myself. I noticed the 65 inch d series and am really interested in it now as spec wise it seems almost identical to the e series just with 4K.
Well that's a bit of a bummer since the E has 30ms of lag.... unless it can muster up the low 17-19ms of input lag like the step up M series, it would of been my 'go to' but unfortunately it has poor motion performance in comparison to the step down E...doesn't make any sense, how does a lower tier model manage to have less blur?
post #963 of 1393 Old 01-05-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Well that's a bit of a bummer since the E has 30ms of lag.... unless it can muster up the low 17-19ms of input lag like the step up M series, it would of been my 'go to' but unfortunately it has poor motion performance in comparison to the step down E...doesn't make any sense, how does a lower tier model manage to have less blur?
The lag may be comparable to the M series as the tv's have alot in common i was just noting that the dimming zones and looks were mostly the same as the e series. I was at my local super center wal-mart this afternoon and they have replaced all of their M series tv's with the D series sets and i gotta admit i think they looked pretty good just from the little bit i looked at them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #964 of 1393 Old 01-05-2016, 02:44 PM

iF i can get ahold of the 65 d in a couple weeks when i get the rest of my money to buy im going to pick one up for sure. FOr the price and feature set im willing to give it a shot.
post #965 of 1393 Old 01-05-2016, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsapp2383 View Post
The lag may be comparable to the M series as the tv's have alot in common i was just noting that the dimming zones and looks were mostly the same as the e series. I was at my local super center wal-mart this afternoon and they have replaced all of their M series tv's with the D series sets and i gotta admit i think they looked pretty good just from the little bit i looked at them.
Well, it's great that the D series stole the E series looks/aesthetics because the M series Silver Stand and whatever else just wasn't doing it for me, when it comes to TV's I want all-black and that's it :P If they replaced the M with the D then the D must be exactly the same or better than the M series.
post #966 of 1393 Old 01-05-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Well, it's great that the D series stole the E series looks/aesthetics because the M series Silver Stand and whatever else just wasn't doing it for me, when it comes to TV's I want all-black and that's it :P If they replaced the M with the D then the D must be exactly the same or better than the M series.
Well I know the d series doesn't have as many zones as the m but it was nice looking still to me
post #967 of 1393 Old 01-07-2016, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a Visio E70-C3 TV at Costco as my old Pioneer died. Everything seems good as far as I can tell. I do have couple of questions.

1. If I use the coaxial feed from a Wineguard antenna does it have a digital tuner. I have a RCA DTA880 TV tuner and recorder which has a coax out. If I feed the antenna into the DTa880 and out to the TV will I be able to record one program while I watch another one. I don't have another coax cable to test it but I can buy one.

2. I am having issues with DHCP. DHCP does not work. If I manually add all the IP address info it works fine but when I run a test it only shows 22 Mb/s one time and something else the next time. I actually have 300 meg connection from Time Warner Company. Is there any known Ethernet bugs. I have been streaming all afternoon and it seems to work fine. I have a Cisco SG200 switch which I can try adjusting parameters but I have not spent the time. My Apple TV, Apple devices and all computers work fine with DHCP. I am a network guy just not a TV guy.

Last edited by coxhaus; 01-07-2016 at 04:03 PM.
post #968 of 1393 Old 01-07-2016, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxhaus View Post
I just bought a Visio E70-C3 TV at Costco as my old Pioneer died. Everything seems good as far as I can tell. I do have couple of questions.

1. If I use the coaxial feed from a Wineguard antenna does it have a digital tuner. I have a RCA DTA880 TV tuner and recorder which has a coax out. If I feed the antenna into the DTa880 and out to the TV will I be able to record one program while I watch another one. I don't have another coax cable to test it but I can buy one.

2. I am having issues with DHCP. DHCP does not work. If I manually add all the IP address info it works fine but when I run a test it only shows 22 Mb/s one time and something else the next time. I actually have 300 meg connection from Time Warner Company. Is there any known Ethernet bugs. I have been streaming all afternoon and it seems to work fine. I have a Cisco SG200 switch which I can try adjusting parameters but I have not spent the time. My Apple TV, Apple devices and all computers work fine with DHCP. I am a network guy just not a TV guy.
I do not believe it has a digital tuner. At least my E43 doesn't.

Sent from my LG G4 via Tapatalk mobile app
post #969 of 1393 Old 01-07-2016, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

you are asking if the dta880 has a bypass mode while it is recording. you need to answer that question - probably using the user manual for the dta880. an analogous situation is where vhs recorders had the ability to select the recording or bypass signal using the tv/vcr button.

regardless...all tvs have a digital HD tuner now. so, if the dta880 is up to it, you will be able to decode the raw bypassed signal from the antenna while recording.

BUT: if you can't keep the dta880 from converting digital signals into analog signals (afterall it is a converter and recorder), then you will have to have an analog tuner in the tv. when scanning channels using antenna source, my E70 and E40 display how many digital and analog channels are found so presumably there is an analog tuner in there...i never used it...just digital.

Last edited by cougar97201; 01-07-2016 at 08:35 PM.
post #970 of 1393 Old 01-07-2016, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi all.

I also just got an E70-C3 from Costco and after setting up I'm having a hard time displaying 1080p content.

First, my Fibe TV cable box isn't able to send 1080p to the TV. It keeps telling me the TV isn't able to connect, so it's reverting back to 1080i after approx. 10 seconds at 1080p. I tried multiple HDMI cables and HDMI inputs on the TV to no avail. I rebooted the whole cable system as was suggested by Bell with no success either.

Second, the PS3 won't send 1080p properly either. I keep getting black screens (sometimes just a quick flash, sometimes it will last for 2 or 3 seconds) and the TV will display the upper "info" panel (the one that displays your input, resolution, internet network and zoom), just like when you change resolutions, but it's always writing 1080p. Also during that time the TV is making weird crackling noises and from time to time I get a huge white artifact (approx. the lower half of the screen) that lasts a fraction of a second... scary stuff.

My previous TV worked perfectly with the exact same setup.

I'm thinking my TV is defective. Or did I miss something?

Last edited by 2JZGTE-; 01-07-2016 at 07:19 PM.
post #971 of 1393 Old 01-08-2016, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I have come up with another problem with my Visio E70-C3 TV and I am not sure where to post it. The TV now has 2 legs instead of a pedestal.
My center channel speaker is 11 inches tall and won't fit under the TV legs. Are there after market legs which are taller? I am looking for a piece of furniture with a backing to hold the E70-C3 up a foot or one with a cut out. How do I solve this? Is there a forum here for this?
post #972 of 1393 Old 01-08-2016, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I have come up with another problem with my Visio E70-C3 TV and I am not sure where to post it. The TV now has 2 legs instead of a pedestal.
My center channel speaker is 11 inches tall and won't fit under the TV legs. Are there after market legs which are taller? I am looking for a piece of furniture with a backing to hold the E70-C3 up a foot or one with a cut out. How do I solve this? Is there a forum here for this?
This is the little stuff I feel Vizio doesn't consider that other manufacturers do. Especially since they make their own center channel speakers, and they don't fit under their TVs because of the design of their legs. If they want to step it up and be considered a better TV manufacturer they need to R&D this type of thing better. Doesn't affect everyone, but those it does affect, it affects them considerably.

Sorry, can't help you, just thinking out loud.

Sent from my LG G4 via Tapatalk mobile app
post #973 of 1393 Old 01-08-2016, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick26 View Post
This is the little stuff I feel Vizio doesn't consider that other manufacturers do. Especially since they make their own center channel speakers, and they don't fit under their TVs because of the design of their legs. If they want to step it up and be considered a better TV manufacturer they need to R&D this type of thing better.
I think they designed it conjunction with the height of their soundbars and soundstands to fit underneath. For the majority of their market that probably suffices. But you are correct it doesn't leave a lot of room for real center speaker.
post #974 of 1393 Old 01-08-2016, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Another option is to take an hour and wall mount the TV at a better height and choose any center speaker you want.

Kemper Holt
post #975 of 1393 Old 01-09-2016, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1804 Post(s)
Liked: 885
I have a question about the basic Dolby 5.1 functionality of my Vizio E65-C3.

I am using the Digital Optical Audio out (Toslink) to a Dolby Processor, and it appears that I'm not getting true Dolby 5.1 from the sources that support this.

The sources I watch come from the Time Warner App on a Roku Stick, along with the Amazon, Youtube, and Netflix Apps on the Roku. I have been using a DTS 5.1 Sound YouTube video, which is supposed to send a signal to each of the speakers, to test this, and have also used the THX Tune-Up Android App, through my Galaxy Note 3 via Chromecast.

When I'm testing output to the Left Channel, I hear it clearly in the Left Speaker, but also fairly prominently in the Center Speaker, and pretty much not at all in the Right Speaker. Same when testing output to the Right: I hear it both in the Right and Center Speakers, and not in the Left.

When the test signal is sent to the Center Channel, I hear it in Center, Left, and Right Speakers, pretty much equally.

This makes me inclined to think that I'm hearing "simulated" Dolby 5.1, rather than "true" 5.1. Am I correct in thinking that the various test signals should be heard *only* in the designated speaker, and *not at all* in the others?

I have run the YouTube test video via the YouTube App built-in to the Vizio TV itself, the one on the Roku Stick, and also the one built-in to my Bluray player (Sony BDPS-5500), which is connected via HDMI to an HDMI input on the Vizio (actually I think it's plugged into HDMI1 which has ARC capability). The results are always the same as documented above.

Listening to a Bluray, it certainly seems as if things are being processed properly from that Media: dialogue is strongly anchored in the center, and various effects can be heard in fairly distinct locations, although this is a subjective test. My question concerns the sound when it is coming from the TV itself, Roku, Chromecast, etc., many of which should be delivering true Dolby 5.1 sound.

I'm using a J-Tech Digital Audio Converter, the output of which I send to a 4-channel amp/4 satellite speakers, and to a powered Center Channel Speaker. This is an inexpensive device (around $60), which doesn't show what type of signal it is recognizing.

So if I'm not getting true Dolby 5.1 out of the TV, I'm trying to determine if it's the TV itself, the Digital Optical Audio out (which is set to bitstream, by the way), or this J-Tech Digital Converter.

Those of you with this TV, is it able to output true Dolby 5.1 via its Digital Optical Audio out? With all sources, or only some?

Any insight to help me sort this out would be appreciated.

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #976 of 1393 Old 01-10-2016, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
E48-C2 or E50-C1

Deciding Between Vizios. E48-C2 or E50-C1

The 48 inch is $70 cheaper than the 50 inch. Is it worth it to go for the 50?

Thanks
post #977 of 1393 Old 01-10-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
I have a question about the basic Dolby 5.1 functionality of my Vizio E65-C3.

I am using the Digital Optical Audio out (Toslink) to a Dolby Processor, and it appears that I'm not getting true Dolby 5.1 from the sources that support this.

The sources I watch come from the Time Warner App on a Roku Stick, along with the Amazon, Youtube, and Netflix Apps on the Roku. I have been using a DTS 5.1 Sound YouTube video, which is supposed to send a signal to each of the speakers, to test this, and have also used the THX Tune-Up Android App, through my Galaxy Note 3 via Chromecast.

When I'm testing output to the Left Channel, I hear it clearly in the Left Speaker, but also fairly prominently in the Center Speaker, and pretty much not at all in the Right Speaker. Same when testing output to the Right: I hear it both in the Right and Center Speakers, and not in the Left.

When the test signal is sent to the Center Channel, I hear it in Center, Left, and Right Speakers, pretty much equally.

This makes me inclined to think that I'm hearing "simulated" Dolby 5.1, rather than "true" 5.1. Am I correct in thinking that the various test signals should be heard *only* in the designated speaker, and *not at all* in the others?

I have run the YouTube test video via the YouTube App built-in to the Vizio TV itself, the one on the Roku Stick, and also the one built-in to my Bluray player (Sony BDPS-5500), which is connected via HDMI to an HDMI input on the Vizio (actually I think it's plugged into HDMI1 which has ARC capability). The results are always the same as documented above.

Listening to a Bluray, it certainly seems as if things are being processed properly from that Media: dialogue is strongly anchored in the center, and various effects can be heard in fairly distinct locations, although this is a subjective test. My question concerns the sound when it is coming from the TV itself, Roku, Chromecast, etc., many of which should be delivering true Dolby 5.1 sound.

I'm using a J-Tech Digital Audio Converter, the output of which I send to a 4-channel amp/4 satellite speakers, and to a powered Center Channel Speaker. This is an inexpensive device (around $60), which doesn't show what type of signal it is recognizing.

So if I'm not getting true Dolby 5.1 out of the TV, I'm trying to determine if it's the TV itself, the Digital Optical Audio out (which is set to bitstream, by the way), or this J-Tech Digital Converter.

Those of you with this TV, is it able to output true Dolby 5.1 via its Digital Optical Audio out? With all sources, or only some?

Any insight to help me sort this out would be appreciated.
i investigated something that may help but i forget all the details so don't quote me. i'm pretty sure i remember enough.
i do get true 5.1 over optical into my old sony receiver using either the tv tuner/smart apps or the dvd player which is connected via hdmi to the vizio. i was only getting stereo off my chromecast (also connected via hdmi to the vizio). i found out chromecast ships DD+ and, if i remember correctly, DD+ needs to be shipped over hdmi otherwise it is downconverted. i have no hdmi on my old receiver so i can't get surround with chromecast pumped thru the vizio using optical.
as i remember, vizio is one of the few tvs that allows passing of surround from its inputs but you need to use the right cable and be able to decode in the receiver.
hope this helps.

ps .i have e70-C3 which should apply.

Last edited by cougar97201; 01-10-2016 at 04:08 PM.
post #978 of 1393 Old 01-10-2016, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar97201 View Post
i investigated something that may help but i forget all the details so don't quote me. i'm pretty sure i remember enough.
i do get true 5.1 over optical into my old sony receiver using either the tv tuner/smart apps and the dvd player which is connected via hdmi to the vizio. i was only getting stereo off my chromecast (also connected via hdmi to the vizio). i found out chromecast ships DD+ and, if i remember correctly, DD+ needs to be shipped over hdmi otherwise it is downconverted. i have no hdmi on my old receiver so i can't get surround with chromecast pumped thru the vizio using optical.
as i remember, vizio is one of the few tvs that allows passing of surround from its inputs but you need to use the right cable and be able to decode in the receiver.
hope this helps.

ps .i have e70-C3 which should apply.
Thanks for the reply, and the digging I've been doing confirms what you're saying. I started a separate thread here, which might be worth reading if this is of any interest to you or anyone else wanting to understand this somewhat complicated matter.

• My Bluray Player connects to my Vizio via HDMI, and it delivers genuine Dolby 5.1 performance via the Digital Optical Audio out.
  • The Vizio's built-in Tuner, connected to an OTA Antenna, also delivers genuine Dolby 5.1 performance via the Digital Optical Audio out.
  • The Roku Stick will support both DD and DD+, for those Apps which produce these. The Netflix App, and Amazon Prime App, both output DD+. As you correctly point out, DD+ requires HDMI for transmission, so the Digital Optical Audio output will not be carrying DD+. The DD+ should be passed on as regular DD5.1, by various devices, but this seems to not be taking place correctly in this Vizio. So that stream is being seen by my J-Tech device as 2-channel stereo, and is unable to deliver genuine Dolby 5.1.
  • The other possibility here is that the Vizio is in fact doing its job right, but the J-Tech device isn't able to recognize and decode it properly. It, after all, is not a full-fledged AVR, but a fairly simple Dolby decoder.

I also discovered a few related facts:

• The Time Warner Cable TV App on the Roku does not provide any flavor of Dolby/surround. It is straight 2-channel audio.
  • Google Play Movies will provide Dolby 5.1, but only from the Chromecast device; the Google Play App on the Roku does not support it.
  • The current YouTube App, on whatever device, does not deliver Dolby 5.1. I ended up downloading the original test file (m2ts format), put it on a USB Stick, plugged it into my Vizio, and using the Roku Media Player, it delivered proper Dolby 5.1.

So, the bottom line for me is that if I want to have proper Dolby 5.1 audio, from either the Roku Stick, for those Apps that support it, or from Chromecast, I'm going to need something more than that simple J-Tech device. If I decide to do it, I'm looking at the Outlaw Audio 975, which should integrate well into my system. The Roku, Chromecast, and Bluray would all plug into the 975, and it should handle decoding any and all Dolby signals when it is available.

I hope this has been of some value to others with similar questions, and appreciate your confirming reply, cougar97201!

Last edited by DLCPhoto; 01-10-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo
post #979 of 1393 Old 01-10-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, and the digging I've been doing confirms what you're saying. I started a separate thread here, which might be worth reading if this is of any interest to you or anyone else wanting to understand this somewhat complicated matter.

• My Bluray Player connects to my Vizio via HDMI, and it delivers genuine Dolby 5.1 performance via the Digital Optical Audio out.
  • The Vizio's built-in Tuner, connected to an OTA Antenna, also delivers genuine Dolby 5.1 performance via the Digital Optical Audio out.
  • The Roku Stick will support both DD and DD+, for those Apps which produce these. The Netflix App, and Amazon Prime App, both output DD+. As you correctly point out, DD+ requires HDMI for transmission, so the Digital Optical Audio output will not be carrying DD+. The DD+ should be passed on as regular DD5.1, by various devices, but this seems to not be taking place correctly in this Vizio. So that stream is being seen by my J-Tech device as 2-channel stereo, and is unable to deliver genuine Dolby 5.1.
  • The other possibility here is that the Vizio is in fact doing its job right, but the J-Tech device isn't able to recognize and decode it properly. It, after all, is not a full-fledged AVR, but a fairly simple Dolby decoder.

I also discovered a few related facts:

• The Time Warner Cable TV App on the Roku does not provide any flavor of Dolby/surround. It is straight 2-channel audio.
  • Google Play Movies will provide Dolby 5.1, but only from the Chromecast device; the Google Play App on the Roku does not support it.
  • The current YouTube App, on whatever device, does not deliver Dolby 5.1. I ended up downloading the original test file (m2ts format), put it on a USB Stick, plugged it into my Vizio, and using the Roku Media Player, it delivered proper Dolby 5.1.

So, the bottom line for me is that if I want to have proper Dolby 5.1 audio, from either the Roku Stick, for those Apps that support it, or from Chromecast, I'm going to need something more than that simple J-Tech device. If I decide to do it, I'm looking at the Outlaw Audio 975, which should integrate well into my system. The Roku, Chromecast, and Bluray would all plug into the 975, and it should handle decoding any and all Dolby signals when it is available.

I hope this has been of some value to others with similar questions, and appreciate your confirming reply, cougar97201!
glad that confirmed. just a note on config.
what we are both doing now is old school-using the tv as a hub.
new school is using the receiver as a hub and the vizio is just another receiver device and vizio pass thrus unnecessary.
what you are planning sounds correct new school.
post #980 of 1393 Old 01-10-2016, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
glad that confirmed. just a note on config.
what we are both doing now is old school-using the tv as a hub.
new school is using the receiver as a hub and the vizio is just another receiver device and vizio pass thrus unnecessary.
what you are planning sounds correct new school.
Well, I definitely don't want to be old school!!

But yeah, it does seem somewhat counter-intuitive. In the old-school model, the TV is the recipient of all the inputs, and it passes the audio on to where it needs to go. In the new-school model, the receiver is the hub, again receiving all the inputs, as before. But what seems odd is that the TV behaves as both an input channel to the receiver, and an output channel from the receiver.

I guess this is what the HDMI/ARC channel is designed for, or would any HDMI connection between the receiver and TV do the trick?

post #981 of 1393 Old 01-10-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I guess this is what the HDMI/ARC channel is designed for, or would any HDMI connection between the receiver and TV do the trick?
exactly.

you'll only need arc if you want bi directional, otherwise if everything is in one direction on a particular cable, non arc is fine.

i think you'll need arc for the new school vizio model as you'll want to ship to the tv from a dvd player, for instance, which is connected to the receiver. but you'll also want to ship from the tv tuner to the receiver.

this is my understanding...i don't have hands on experience with it yet. (old school fine for now but its days are numbered here)

Last edited by cougar97201; 01-10-2016 at 04:58 PM.
post #982 of 1393 Old 01-10-2016, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
exactly. only need arc if you want bi directional, otherwise if everything is in one direction on a particular cable, non arc is fine.

i think you'll need arc for the new school vizio model as you'll want to ship to the tv from a dvd player, for instance, which is connected to the receiver. but you'll also want to ship from the tv tuner to the receiver.

this is my understanding...i don't have hands on experience with it yet.
Thanks. That's my impression as well.

Now I just have to decide if this is worth the $549 they want for the Outlaw Audio 975!

post #983 of 1393 Old 01-10-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks. That's my impression as well.

Now I just have to decide if this is worth the $549 they want for the Outlaw Audio 975!
lol. the same reason i am sticking to my very acceptable older equipment. i won't be able to improve on the sound but the connectivity could be simplified. i'm not losing much right now..just chromecast surround audio. i really only got it to cast to from laptop. there seems to be some built in casting stuff in the vizio but not much success accessing it for me.

Last edited by cougar97201; 01-10-2016 at 05:46 PM.
post #984 of 1393 Old 01-10-2016, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingname View Post
I connected the 70" to wifi and let it update to 1.0.12 that fixed the local dimming issue where you could see the light flash and I don't have to turn it on and off anymore to completely disable it.

I also tried overclocking the panel it doesn't go past 61hz but if you're on PC make sure to OC it to 61hz because it defaults at 59hz in games.

I noticed after updating the firmware when I turn the tv off sometimes it flashes a faint white light before completely turning off. I'm not really concerned about it maybe it's a trade off for fixing the local dimming issues which I always disable anyway as it does nothing but make the picture look weird.

Question for those with a 50" to 55" E series, 2015 model that watches TV via HDMI from cable box, watches a lot of football, and a lot of DVD's that aren't 1080p.

How is the up-scaling from 480p, 720p, and 1080i DVD's and cable TV? How is motion from fast moving figures that would occur watching football?

Thanks.
post #985 of 1393 Old 01-11-2016, 10:54 AM

Just got this TV.
It looks beautiful!
post #986 of 1393 Old 01-11-2016, 10:55 AM

I have this TV. I seriously think this is a great TV for the budget.
skoolpsyk and lancers like this.
post #987 of 1393 Old 01-11-2016, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
E70-C3 refresh rate / motion interpolation

Apologies in advance if this has been answered somewhere else or even earlier in this thread.

I recently purchased a E70-C3 from Walmart as a replacement for my old Sony Bravia KDL-60EX700 (120Hz). I purchased S5451w-C2 5.1 sound bar with wireless subwoofer and rears as well and did notice (discussed earlier in this thread) that the stand does not raise the TV above the height of the soundbar - separate issue altogether.

Is this a true 120Hz panel?

Researching online prior to purchase I was lead to believe it was, however, the motion (for [email protected]) seems wonky, not as smooth as my old Bravia, despite the more vivid picture. I've since read a couple reviews claiming the E series are only a 60Hz panels, or that some are but the larger panels are 120Hz...

Which is what, where, and how???
post #988 of 1393 Old 01-11-2016, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by monikersupreme View Post
Apologies in advance if this has been answered somewhere else or even earlier in this thread.

I recently purchased a E70-C3 from Walmart ...

Is this a true 120Hz panel?

Researching online prior to purchase I was lead to believe it was, ... I've since read a couple reviews claiming the E series are only a 60Hz panels, or that some are but the larger panels are 120Hz...

Which is what, where, and how???
My understanding:
- 60" and smaller = 60hz
- 65" + = 120hz
post #989 of 1393 Old 01-12-2016, 02:02 PM

Auto Power-on

Hi,

I would like to use Vizio 50E-C1 as computer monitor. I have a power switch, which turn on power to both PC and TV. Is there a way to set it up to automatically turn on with turning power on? I know there are some HDMI-CEC modules, but I don't want to use it. I have old Toshiba and there is setting in menu: "Always ON" and that works great. I cannot find anything like it in Vizio.

Thanks,
post #990 of 1393 Old 01-12-2016, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Any sports/gamer nuts here with the e60? The price is right but it needs to succeed at these tasks. Perhaps the e65 would be a better option? I'm looking at the m series as well but don't think the hike in price is worth it at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page