**OFFICIAL** 2015 Samsung 4K SUHD JS8500 Series TV Thread - Page 512 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9745Likes

post #15331 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked: 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by goksucats View Post
But... has eagle_2 been vidicated? Interesting.
he had a complete meltdown dropping F bombs and calling everybody in this thread d***ks. was quite a display.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15332 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathloki View Post
Hey do what you will with it, it's your tv. No need to be a jerk though.
That comment wasn't directed at you, more of the notion that we all have to be SO CAREFUL when setting up these TVs. I'm really questioning how much the handling of the TV really plays into the subsequent picture quality.

---
Striving to live life in high dynamic range and ultra high definition.
Samsung UN65JS8500 / Denon AVR-X4000 / 5.1 w/ Mixed Speakers / Oppo UDP-203 / TiVo Premiere XL / Apple TV (3rd gen) / Fire TV (1st gen) / Xbox 360 R2-D2 Edition
KC area / Father of 4 / Husband / Video Producer / Skeptic
post #15333 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post
That comment wasn't directed at you, more of the notion that we all have to be SO CAREFUL when setting up these TVs. I'm really questioning how much the handling of the TV really plays into the subsequent picture quality.
I don't know but like I said, better safe than sorry.
stonechitlin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15334 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Exclamation Board replacement or Whole TV

I had BB's geek squad come look at my TV today for the remote problems I have been having from day one. He suggested replacing the entire Board on the TV. He also suggested get a replacement TV, why replace the board on a newer TV? Also new board doesn't warrant a perfectly working remote either. He used an old school Samsung remote to go in the service menu and pulled up error logs. He didn't see Bluetooth module reporting any errors, but he agrees there is something wrong with the TV since the remote just stops working sporadically. This is a newer replacement remote that Samsung sent me.

My wife also thinks we should get a replacement since its a brand spankin new TV and we have barely used it since Jan 30th of this year.

I also have Samsung tech coming tomorrow to look at the same issue.

Other than the remote panel it self is in pretty good shape and it is a JAN16 build that I wanted.

I am in a limbo now. I paid 399 dollars for a geek squad warranty and I can get the TV replaced. They have 280 of them in stock near Atlanta, GA. I just don't want to get a panel with blue bleed or earlier builds than JAN16. BB's tech believes they should not have any of the earlier builds at this time of the year i.e. from Black Friday.

Please help me decide just to get the board replaced or replace the whole TV

Last edited by blasterr; 02-16-2016 at 03:02 PM.
post #15335 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Face down is not good either you want it standing straight up and horizontal.
The directions actually TELL you to lay it flat, on a table, screen down...
post #15336 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Hey do what you will with it, it's your tv. No need to be a jerk though.
He asked for information and you provided him with misinformation so I'm not so sure that he's the one being a jerk...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	1258761  

"No one can have an idea once he really starts listening" - John Cage
post #15337 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNY-C View Post
He asked for information and you provided him with misinformation so I'm not so sure that he's the one being a jerk...
I provided information that I've seen ad nauseum in these forums. How is that being a jerk, even if it's wrong? JFC you say one wrong thing here and everyone jumps down your throat.
CosmoNut likes this.

Last edited by wrathloki; 02-16-2016 at 03:43 PM.
post #15338 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasterr View Post
I had BB's geek squad come look at my TV today for the remote problems I have been having from day one. He suggested replacing the entire Board on the TV. He also suggested get a replacement TV, why replace the board on a newer TV? Also new board doesn't warrant a perfectly working remote either. He used an old school Samsung remote to go in the service menu and pulled up error logs. He didn't see Bluetooth module reporting any errors, but he agrees there is something wrong with the TV since the remote just stops working sporadically. This is a newer replacement remote that Samsung sent me.

My wife also thinks we should get a replacement since its a brand spankin new TV and we have barely used it since Jan 30th of this year.

Other than the remote panel it self is in pretty good shape and it is a JAN16 build that I wanted.

I am in a limbo now. I paid 399 dollars for a geek squad warranty and I can get the TV replaced. They have 280 of them in stock near Atlanta, GA. I just don't want to get a panel with blue bleed or earlier builds than JAN16. BB's tech believes they should not have any of the earlier builds at this time of the year i.e. from Black Friday.

What exactly were the issues you had with the remote?
post #15339 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
So my TV arrives from Amazon via Pilot Freight Services this Saturday. They're saying a two-man team will deliver it, remove it from the packaging, assemble the base, place the TV on my stand, and power it up.

Anyone have experience with Pilot Freight?

Anything I need to be SURE to do before they leave? I assume that I need to make sure there aren't any obvious defects in the panel or damage to the unit itself, but I also realize figuring out clouding, flashlighting, etc. will need to take some time.

What should be on my checklist for the delivery period? What should *I* do vs. letting them do?
I had my tv delivered via amazon and PFS. They were terrible. There was only one guy, came in a rented enterprise truck, etc, etc, etc. Search my previous post about my experience with them, you will get pictures and more details. I also had my replacement delivered by them and it was the same nonsense. So for me, it was terrible.

As for setting up the tv, I had always planned to do it myself even if they had two people show up. I basically ended up helping the guy (both times) carry the tv in because they did not know how to handle the box. And then I set it up just how it states in the quick guide that is taped on the top of the styrofoam when you open it up i.e. I put a blanket on a table, got my brother to help me lift it just like it is stated in the guide, laid it down on the table and put the stand on myself, and then put it on my tv stand.

Hope your experience is better than mine. Let me know if you have any more questions or want more details (pm me).
CosmoNut likes this.
post #15340 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilYellow02 View Post
Watching TV, let the remote sit on the table for 30 secs to one minute or more. It will just stop working. Volume or any other button will respond after hitting it like 15 times when you take the remote very close to the TV or another option repair it with the TV.

I have taken that very same remote to BB. Paired with their exact same JS8500. It worked without any Hiccups and even from 20 feet away. Mind you, it worked flawlessly surrounded by dozens of other bluetooth sensors, WIFI and other interference.

Last edited by blasterr; 02-16-2016 at 04:02 PM.
post #15341 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Quote:
Watching TV, let the remote sit on the table for 30 secs to one minute or more. It will just stop working. Volume or any other button will respond after hitting it like 15 times when you take the remote very close to the TV or another option repair it with the TV.
I may have missed it but have they sent you a replacement remote?
post #15342 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I may have missed it but have they sent you a replacement remote?
Yes, Samsung sent me a replacement. Same issues.
post #15343 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:

Get a replacement tv. Easy decision. If next one is defective for whatever reason, exchange it again. I a pretty sure you will not receive an older build (my replacement build was a newer build).

I just read your previous post saying you had issues with second remote as well. So I would exchange.
blasterr likes this.
post #15344 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Can anyone who has had their screen replaced by a Samsung tech give me advice? I have terrible clouding and two stuck pixels. What is the quickest and most efficient way to get Samsung to install a new panel? Thanks in advance.
post #15345 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5rivers View Post
Quote:
So my TV arrives from Amazon via Pilot Freight Services this Saturday. They're saying a two-man team will deliver it, remove it from the packaging, assemble the base, place the TV on my stand, and power it up.

Anyone have experience with Pilot Freight?

Anything I need to be SURE to do before they leave? I assume that I need to make sure there aren't any obvious defects in the panel or damage to the unit itself, but I also realize figuring out clouding, flashlighting, etc. will need to take some time.

What should be on my checklist for the delivery period? What should *I* do vs. letting them do?
I had my tv delivered via amazon and PFS. They were terrible. There was only one guy, came in a rented enterprise truck, etc, etc, etc. Search my previous post about my experience with them, you will get pictures and more details. I also had my replacement delivered by them and it was the same nonsense. So for me, it was terrible.

As for setting up the tv, I had always planned to do it myself even if they had two people show up. I basically ended up helping the guy (both times) carry the tv in because they did not know how to handle the box. And then I set it up just how it states in the quick guide that is taped on the top of the styrofoam when you open it up i.e. I put a blanket on a table, got my brother to help me lift it just like it is stated in the guide, laid it down on the table and put the stand on myself, and then put it on my tv stand.

Hope your experience is better than mine. Let me know if you have any more questions or want more details (pm me).
My experience to a T
CosmoNut likes this.
post #15346 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
My Amazon delivery team laid it down, on its face, atop the styrofoam sheet that covers it in the box, and installed the stand with a cordless drill. Works fine. Just don't grab hold of the thin screen, like it shows in the assembly instructions that another member posted.
CosmoNut likes this.

Samsung UN65JS8500
Denon AVR-X4300H
Samsung UBD-K8500
post #15347 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Oh btw when the guy delivered the tv this afternoon it was only one person in a commercial van and he man handled my tv has to help him set it up on my stand and all that... gonna call Samsung and tell them I want a refund for the $50 bucks in white glove shipping fees that I paid... i could have got free shipping and done the same with my father in law.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #15348 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Got the 1443 update tonight. Any information on what was addressed?
post #15349 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgale1975 View Post
Got the 1443 update tonight. Any information on what was addressed?
Nothing as of yet.
post #15350 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
just got 1443 update. haven't noticed anything new about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopherboy128 View Post
Same here.
I just got the automatic update as well, in Cleveland, OH USA. Even though it's not listed on the product website yet I went ahead and asked live chat support. He said for Firmware 1443 for JS8500 the following:

I have checked it for you, as this is a latest update the information has not yet updated in website. Website needs to be updated. The new update will isolate the HDMI port issues and improves performance and Apps accessibility.

Hopefully should resolve some issues with apps and anynet+ in my case.

2 Random question for you guys:
-Anyone find or try getting a longer One Connect Mini HDMI cord successfully? We're considering mounting our tv soon above the fireplace but don't think 6 ft will be long enough, I want a clean look so any ideas may help. I need like 15 feet.

-Anyone have an Nvidia Shield connected with Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) issues? I just can't get these two to talk to each other and constantly have to use two remote controls. Starting to consider a Logitech Harmony to unify remotes soon. Seems to me that many consumers are having issues with Samsung's HDMI-CEC.
post #15351 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I just had Best Buy drop ours off, and my wife and I unpacked it ourselves. I didn't want them messing with pulling out the entertainment center, moving my speakers, etc and risk of damage.

We unpacked it very carefully, handled and gripped it per the instructions, and laid it down face first on our very big kitchen table, with a blanket underneath.

Connected the base, again carefully handled it, per directions, to the media center. No issues at all, gorgeous picture.
post #15352 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copticwalad View Post

-Anyone find or try getting a longer One Connect Mini HDMI cord successfully? We're considering mounting our tv soon above the fireplace but don't think 6 ft will be long enough, I want a clean look so any ideas may help. I need like 15 feet.
The OCB box wire/connection is proprietary to Samsung, and they do not make a longer one unfortunately. You could always mount the OCB box behind the tv, as this is what was suggested to me by my local installer.
post #15353 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Got my update 1443 today are there any words on what issues it fixes?
post #15354 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordomillones View Post
Got my update 1443 today are there any words on what issues it fixes?
Please read/search a few posts above you. It was already stated that nothing has been officially posted by Samsung, but a fellow member just posted (two posts above yours) what a Samsung CSR told him.
jhinesjr and mc_avs like this.
post #15355 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
The new update will isolate the HDMI port issues
I was not aware of HDMI port issues.

Samsung UN65JS8500
Denon AVR-X4300H
Samsung UBD-K8500
post #15356 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Moving toBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tude View Post
A word of caution regarding the Costco membership requirements...
It was me who raised the original question about buying this. I was thinking #1 as Costco online (I am not a member anymore) and #2 as Amazon. But I just checked BB yesterday and they list the same price (and price match) and says the model will be in BB stores (almost all stores near by me) from Feb 24th onward. That aligns with me getting funded too. In that case I will walk to my usual BB, try to get a demo / take a complete look and buy it. Anything over a grand (my camera, amp, speakers etc) I usually get it in store and always found it much better and worry free.
post #15357 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Well there is no panel lottery per se. All of the sammys come with the TH01 panel, which is samsung made. In regards to the qc issues that have been noted in this thread, the 55 inch version has proven to be defect free for the most part compared to the 65 inch, which has the majority of the qc issues.
I get the sensation that the lottery is how many cervezas were consumed by the factory staff the day or the night before your panel was assembled.

Seriously, the number of reported bezel assembly defects seems ridiculous.
post #15358 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
The OCB box wire/connection is proprietary to Samsung, and they do not make a longer one unfortunately. You could always mount the OCB box behind the tv, as this is what was suggested to me by my local installer.
Yea, if absolutely necessary I'll just do that and run longer hdmi cables. Kinda makes me wish the One Connect Mini was at least wall mountable (for next to wall mount with built in screws) or clamped on the back of the tv safely somehow.

Anyone have any soundbar or mount recommendations?
In addition, has anyone tried soundbar mounts directly to their tv under the tv mount? Basically I've been look for a fully articulating tv mount + soundbar mount + new soundbar. So far I'm leaning towards the Sanus VLF320 tv mount, the HW-J650 Soundbar cause 4.1 channels (maybe J550 or Sonos if anyone strongly recommends) and either the poorly rated Sanus SA405 speaker mount or anything else that fits nicely under the tv.
Looking for this solution so that we can turn our tv towards dinette area or opposite side of room with good sound. Priority for soundbar is clarity when louder and excellent overall sound for movies. I'd use optical for simplicity.
post #15359 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

I've posted about this product linked below recently. I haven't ordered it but may as my One Connect connector is bent to hell and only two weeks old. The reason being is my TV is on an articulating mount and it gets moved often. And the cable simply isn't long enough. The same version of this cable sold on a UK site was discussed in another AVS thread and said to be working properly by someone who purchased it.

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/...CBF_SIGNAL-OCM
post #15360 of 23987 Old 02-16-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviljack View Post
I've posted about this product linked below recently. I haven't ordered it but may as my One Connect connector is bent to hell and only two weeks old. The reason being is my TV is on an articulating mount and it gets moved often. And the cable simply isn't long enough. The same version of this cable sold on a UK site was discussed in another AVS thread and said to be working properly by someone who purchased it.
Funny that you mentioned this as I just saw it when researching for one a few minutes ago. 10ft is at least more reasonable than 6.5ft but I'm gonna to have to consider a wall-mounted small cabinet then for my 2 devices, 3D glasses, game controllers etc..
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
JS8500 , reflection , screen flashing black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page