Originally Posted by covsound1
i too notice a difference in picture after last update at first really love how it pulled in more of a solid black look. but also looked like colors took on a black base as well? still on fence weather or not this is better.
That is a very apt description of what I am experiencing too after the 1455.0 update, the picture has a noticeably darker cast to it. Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one. So far I have tried a brand new high speed HDMI cable, reset Picture option, soft reset the TV (unplugged power cable from outlet, held power button for 30 seconds, and reattached power cable), changed input source, and rebooted cable box, all to no avail. I have yet to perform a Factory Reset since it's not without some risk, I'm leaning towards waiting for another firmware update to see if that corrects things (but next time I'll try the over-the-air method rather than the USB flash drive route).
Just out of curiosity:
1. What size panel do you have? (65" for me)
2. What firmware version were you running prior to the 1455.0 update? (1221.7 for me)
3. Did you update via the Internet or via USB? (USB for me)
4. Did your set perform 2 reboots as part of the update or just 1? (2 for me)
5. Did your TV retain all prior settings following the update? (all retained for me except audio delay which changed from 0 to 100 milliseconds)
Thanks again for the reply, sorry that you have this same PQ issue. Please let me know if you find a way to resolve it.