**OFFICIAL** 2015 Samsung 4K SUHD JS8500 Series TV Thread - Page 77 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9839Likes

post #2281 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Firmware update fixed my Samsung E450 sound bar sync issue, working fine now.

Also, after some tweaking, used a few guys, latest was Standard using PRME19s and another, picture is looking better.

Still having issues with faces on HD TV feed, even used OTA antenna, like the Soccer/Fox sports commentators/talking heads, their faces are very blurry/grainy looking. Same thing while watching Ridiculousness on MTV, Rob Dyrdek's face at times was so grainy looking.

Tried a few tweaks, seems like that doesn't go away and just a flaw of the upscaling.

Comparing this to the LG 60UF8500, the picture once calibrated looks better, blacks better, general channel changing/source changing doesn't cause a complete switching of picture modes/custom settings to make it look better again.

But, still many of the 4K UHD upscaling things exist that annoy. Just no getting around it I guess. See how the wife reacts to the picture now and see how it goes. Going to watch some Sense8 now and compare to the LG...LG tweaked, looked pretty good overall...see how the blacks/motion etc..compare.

Also, the screen reflection is not any better than the JU7100 as some have said it was, maybe I can't recall, but it seems similar. But compared to the LG mirror, hands down way better with that. Overall, better picture than the JU7100/UF8500, but still some issues/flaws with LED 4K upscaling as we all know on regular feeds/different sources..and was hoping the screen was much better. Seems like the Off axis is slightly improved over the JU7100 though. LG beats everything hands down on that of course.

Update...wow, watching Sense8...it looks so much better than the LG60UF8500, which was 5" larger and one of their latest/greatest offerings...pretty impressed.
ray0414 likes this.

Last edited by techlogik; 06-26-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator1 View Post
Yes you are correct. It is listed but not for sale by Samsung. The 8500 you can add to your cart and purchase. The only option on the 850D is to buy local and they direct you to Costco or Sams Club.
I remember Samsung having a similar model numbering scheme last year for their 2014 UN65H7150 series -- the UN65H7150 was the model designation sold through usual supply chains such as Best Buy, Amazon, etc., whereas the UN65H7100 was sold through Costco (exact same specs, just different model numbers to identify it as one sold through Costco, and possibly Sam's Club too). I also remember that the Costco 7100 model included 2 extra pair of 3D glasses as well as the wireless keyboard, whereas the non-Costco 7150 did not include those additional "free" incentives.

Samsung is now doing the same thing for 2015 with the UN65JS8500FXZA by designating the Costco version as a model UN65JS850DFXZA. The only difference between the two is the color of the stand and bezel -- "Brushed Silver" for the 8500 and "Matt Dark Silver/Black" for the 850D. But from what I can see from the 850D photos on the Samsung website, that stand and bezel appear to be more of a dark charcoal rather than true black, and the top of the bezel (facing up towards a ceiling) has the same brushed silver finish as that found on the 8500, so the 850D is somewhat of a two-tone bezel (but a solid dark color when viewed directly form the front). The 850D owners in this thread can confirm the exact color of the stand and bezel, and can also confirm that their 850D panel version is the same as the 8500’s (ie. TH01).
post #2283 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
Pioneer elite plasma if you can find one. I have one but I'll never sell it
Ironically, I'm selling my 6010FD Kuro, now that I have my 65JS8500 on order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2284 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
It doesn't say "coming soon"? Thats very misleading.
The 850D doesn't say "Coming Soon" because it's already available in the market. I just got off the phone with my local Costco warehouse and they have 13 in stock (Costco item number 996588), and it also includes a free 24" Samsung LT24E310ND/ZA TV (Costco item number 992401) when both are purchased in the same transaction (the price of the 24" TV is immediately rebated at the register). This 2-for-1 offer expires July 4, while supplies last. The 850D is not available at all Costco warehouses though, but is available at Costco.com with free shipping. The 850D is not sold directly through Samsung, thus no "Add To Cart" option on their website.
post #2285 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Firmware update fixed my Samsung E450 sound bar sync issue, working fine now.

Also, after some tweaking, used a few guys, latest was Standard using PRME19s and another, picture is looking better.

Still having issues with faces on HD TV feed, even used OTA antenna, like the Soccer/Fox sports commentators/talking heads, their faces are very blurry/grainy looking. Same thing while watching Ridiculousness on MTV, Rob Dyrdek's face at times was so grainy looking.

Tried a few tweaks, seems like that doesn't go away and just a flaw of the upscaling.

Comparing this to the LG 60UF8500, the picture once calibrated looks better, blacks better, general channel changing/source changing doesn't cause a complete switching of picture modes/custom settings to make it look better again.

But, still many of the 4K UHD upscaling things exist that annoy. Just no getting around it I guess. See how the wife reacts to the picture now and see how it goes. Going to watch some Sense8 now and compare to the LG...LG tweaked, looked pretty good overall...see how the blacks/motion etc..compare.

Also, the screen reflection is not any better than the JU7100 as some have said it was, maybe I can't recall, but it seems similar. But compared to the LG mirror, hands down way better with that. Overall, better picture than the JU7100/UF8500, but still some issues/flaws with LED 4K upscaling as we all know on regular feeds/different sources..and was hoping the screen was much better. Seems like the Off axis is slightly improved over the JU7100 though. LG beats everything hands down on that of course.

Update...wow, watching Sense8...it looks so much better than the LG60UF8500, which was 5" larger and one of their latest/greatest offerings...pretty impressed.
If you have Netflix try Marco Polo or black list. For me Netflix seems to have the best 4k as well as a 1080p picture. 1080p shows on Netflix look like they are 3k. Not quite 4k but look better than they do on my 1080p.

I don't know if anyone watches the show Hannibal but all the close ups and slow motion they have on there would look amazing in 4k (UHD) HDR
post #2286 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

"Press EXTRA" screen overlay after firmware update

A week or so ago I updated my 65JS8500 to the latest firmware, version T-HKMAKUC-1218.0, and as of a couple of days ago I now see a pop-up overlay animation in the lower-right corner of the screen when I switch to certain channels such as CNN, MSNBC, and ESPN. The pop-up only appears for about 5 seconds and darkens the lower-right corner of the screen during that time, which is what called my attention to it in the first place. It was difficult to read the pop-up because the CNN logo overpowered it, but when I changed channels I was finally able to decipher it, and it said, "Press EXTRA" accompanied by rolling text underneath which said, "Program Info," "Cast," "Tweets." I pressed the EXTRA button on the remote and a few seconds later live Tweets appeared on the screen for the program I was viewing (if the EXTRA button wasn't pressed within a few seconds, the overlay disappeared and the screen returned to its normal brightness in that lower-right corner). I assume this has something to do with the Smart Hub/Samsung Apps, but I haven't been able to find a setting to disable it. Has anyone else experienced this too and can it be disabled? It's no biggie if it can't be disabled, but I'd prefer to not have it appear on any channels, or to just activate it at my own choosing.
post #2287 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Unhappy Issue two

Small Semi circle lighter place on side of television. About the size of a half of a Tennis ball. More noticeable on solid colors. The attached pic is zoomed in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0564.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	797394  

Last edited by Dean Hunter; 06-26-2015 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Add Pic
post #2288 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone had any problems with the one connect mini box? Mine came broken out of the box, bought it through amazon.ca and when i called samsung i was told that because amazon is not an authorized dealer they can not honor the warranty even though they checked the serial number and it was good, so i just though I would ask, I paid $25000cnd which is a steal up here vs $4000 from bestbuy, i have filed a case in amazon but the tv works fine its just the one connect that does not work. Can anyonr report any issues with theirs? Tx
post #2289 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diazjoaquin View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the one connect mini box? Mine came broken out of the box, bought it through amazon.ca and when i called samsung i was told that because amazon is not an authorized dealer they can not honor the warranty even though they checked the serial number and it was good, so i just though I would ask, I paid $25000cnd which is a steal up here vs $4000 from bestbuy, i have filed a case in amazon but the tv works fine its just the one connect that does not work. Can anyonr report any issues with theirs? Tx
amazon isn't an authorized reseller? Haha...OK, Samsung...gheez. Send it back, Amazon will take it back within 30days, pay for shipping too...what a hassle....downside of online buying I guess.
post #2290 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
If you have Netflix try Marco Polo or black list. For me Netflix seems to have the best 4k as well as a 1080p picture. 1080p shows on Netflix look like they are 3k. Not quite 4k but look better than they do on my 1080p.

I don't know if anyone watches the show Hannibal but all the close ups and slow motion they have on there would look amazing in 4k (UHD) HDR

Yes, just activated my Prime that I didn't know exist...wife did though. I just watch Netflix typically..now I know and started watching Mozart...quality is great. Noticed OITNB looks way better than the LG 60UF8500 on the floor now it replaced. Looks amazing.

Also, I read some people complaining about the Tizen OS...man, it is way faster starting/launching Netflix/Amazon than the LG and its OS/app...I was like, whoah, how did it launch so fast...my 4yr old Vizio takes an eternity to launch Netflix and display logos of shows etc...it is a slow painful process, literally like 1-2 minutes to get Netflix started on that thing, and it is stupid, doesn't know profiles etc.
ray0414 likes this.
post #2291 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Quote:
amazon isn't an authorized reseller? Haha...OK, Samsung...gheez. Send it back, Amazon will take it back within 30days, pay for shipping too...what a hassle....downside of online buying I guess.
Yeah if it wanst because samsung has the best LEDs i would go as far as i could. Oh gets better my first call to samsung was answered by a "technical support" person who had no idea about this product and didnt know what one connect was. I had to call three times to find someone with some brais to answer some questions.
post #2292 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 08:08 PM

I love the picture on this set but man is the smart part of the TV finicky. Took me three tries to get ARC to work. Not even sure how it finally got to work in the first place. Every time that I do the anynet search it finds a receiver but it doesn't find mine so I exit and on the third try it finally somehow worked and it was great. Receiver turns on and off when I turn the tv on and off. Sound sounded great and volumne went up and down on the receiver with the 8500 remote. Today I get the UHD pack from best buy. Plug it into the tvs rear 3.0. UHD comes up but it says no content so I'm thinking the hard drive is blank. Plug the UHD drive into the 2.0 OCB and hey there's all my new movies and docs. Play life of pie and OMG does it look great. Then try another movie and guess what, no sound. Now ARC no longer works. I can not get it to go back on no matter what I try and now I'm back to using the optical out to the receiver. Well now the UHD no longer works on usb 3.0. It connects and the tv sees it but the drive comes up blank. Plug it into the OCB USB port and it works just fine, well except for the ARC. ARC is now AWL. I hate smart tvs. They are not smart at all. I wish apple would make a smart tv.
post #2293 of 24127 Old 06-26-2015, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
bought it through amazon.ca and when i called samsung i was told that because amazon is not an authorized dealer they can not honor the warranty even though they checked the serial number and it was good, so i just though I would ask, I paid $25000cnd which is a steal up here vs $4000 from bestbuy

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a guess that you may not have bought it directly from Amazon, but rather, from one of their marketplace sellers. Which in that case, is most likely not an authorized reseller. Just because it says "fulfilled" by Amazon, doesn't necessarily mean that it is from Amazon direct.

And did you mean to say $2500, or $25000 Canadian?

If it's the former, I would be especially suspicious with the price that you're saying that you got, that this was not through an authorized reseller.

Might be one of those "fine print" scenarios, but hopefully you get it worked out. Good luck!
post #2294 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 04:08 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
??????????????????????????

Does anybody have an opinion on my attached pic? Is this a bad panel or just normal?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0564.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	797778  
post #2295 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 05:01 AM

Quote:
My sharpness is in the 40s. I'm not sure how people have their sharpness down in the 20. I like to see pores and wrinkles. I don't mind a little artifact here and there. What did you like about the 7100 and LG over the 8500?

Depends on the source, normal TV, I have it around 22-24. That is using 2 calibration sources. It might be on the sharp side for some..but on lower quality sources, I feel it is needed.

And so far from what I've seen on this TV, it is really no better upscaling over the LG 8500 I just replaced. The overall picture/uniformity, way better, especially on 4K/HD sources. But I've read way too many "expert" reviews on how great Sony/Samsung are compared to other manuf. upscaling...meh...don't think so.

Easier to get a good picture and not fiddle with it across sources, yes. So a basic tweaked picture works pretty good across sources. But there are many times where the source is the issue, which is often since we are on the bleeding edge of this new technology...it is frustrating at times and painful watching TV. Even my wife/layperson points out and ask why the picture is messed up looking at times during shows.

Other good things so far with the TV...the LG had really bad edge/light bleeding/flashlighting/bright sports all around the corner with that panel/edge lighting. The JS8500, had been great on this, I've not seen any edge lighting issues, and the uniformity has been really fantastic in comparison, even compared to the JU7100, which was about the same as the LG with this issue. JU7100 had all sorts of edge lighting issues, bright spots, un-eveness of black/greys/white when you have a source of mostly that color. You know, the final credits/dark scene edge issue. 8500 has been great on that front as well.

Last edited by techlogik; 06-27-2015 at 05:11 AM.
post #2296 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:

I agree Netflix 4K looks excellent, with blacklist being the finest example. However Netflix 1080p is not very good at all, I personally find it almost unwatchable. It's been stated that Amazon uses a higher bitrate than Netflix on their 1080 encodes, but I also find Amazon 1080 to be pretty bad as well. If you only watch cable TV and streaming video, you might think Netflix and Amazon 1080 look just fine-- but try a bluray disc and you'll quickly see just how bad streaming 1080 looks in comparsion.

To say Netflix 1080 looks like "3k" is just incorrect, it looks like 1080p in low bitrate, which is exactly what it is.

Sony XBR-75Z9D + Samsung 78JS9500 + LG 65OLEDC6P + 55EC9300 + 55EA8800 OLED
Denon X5200W + Integral + Oppo BDP-103D
MartinLogan Motion 60XT/50XT/FX/FX2/4 + Seaton Submersive HP+
Denon X6300h + Oppo BDP-103D + Xbox One S
Monitor Audio Silver 10's + Silver Center + CP-CT380's + 2x HSU ULS-15 MK2
3.1 MartinLogan Motion 40/30 + Rhythmik FV15HP + Yamaha RX-A3000 + Oppo BDP-103D
post #2297 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
I agree Netflix 4K looks excellent, with blacklist being the finest example. However Netflix 1080p is not very good at all, I personally find it almost unwatchable. It's been stated that Amazon uses a higher bitrate than Netflix on their 1080 encodes, but I also find Amazon 1080 to be pretty bad as well. If you only watch cable TV and streaming video, you might think Netflix and Amazon 1080 look just fine-- but try a bluray disc and you'll quickly see just how bad streaming 1080 looks in comparsion.

To say Netflix 1080 looks like "3k" is just incorrect, it looks like 1080p in low bitrate, which is exactly what it is.

This is true and a complaint of Satellite/Dish/DTV for 10yrs. They have to compress the signal due to bandwidth from the satellite down to your receiver. Then your receiver uncompresses and tries to display the signal, but you see issues all the time with this, the picture quality will fluctuate, weird noise will briefly show in the few hundred millisec range your eye can pickup on and there you go. Once again, the TV manufacturers are way ahead of the curve with a product that can display great quality pictures, yet the sources/feeds are lagging behind.

I must say though, Netflix OITNB, which is 1080, not even 4K, looks fantastic streaming. Better than anything Dish or any of the others channels through the receiver/sat it can produce. And they claim some movies can be delivered in 1080p, even with my Hopper. Have to test that out though. But it is race I watch a move that way and pay for something like that.
post #2298 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I have DirecTV coming Monday to do the RVU/4K install. I was actually able to get it working myself, but I could not access my DVR recordings (couldn't even see a button to do so).

My other major concern is being stuck with using the Samsung remote. I mean, would it have been too much trouble to include freakin number buttons??? And why isnt there a voice navigation button on the remote? Is there an alternative remote we can buy that would work with RVU? It'd honestly be nice if we could use DirecTV's RF remote. I'm actually thinking about paying for a third receiver just so I don't have to re-teach my kids the remote, or my in-laws when they come to visit.

Last edited by ckeegan; 06-27-2015 at 06:42 AM.
post #2299 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post

You should come watch Netflix at my house. The transformers and orange is the new black looked phenomenal in 1080p on this set. Better than 1080p on my 1080p set.

By the way fixed the ARC issue. I was messing around with UHD HDMI setting on input 4 with the ps4 and that cancels out ARC. Turned off the UHD HDMI setting and ARC works again. However the UHD Video pack has to be unplugged and plugged back in when the tv is on for the tv to see it every time. I do agree that the subtitles having to be turned off every time gets quite annoying. So the UHD movies are all about 35gigs in size and the MGO UHDs are about 100 gigs or is that just for the HDR versions? Just wondering how compressed these movies are on the UHD pack if at all.

Last edited by FromPlasma2LCD; 06-27-2015 at 07:07 AM.
post #2300 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamSevier View Post
Quote:
bought it through amazon.ca and when i called samsung i was told that because amazon is not an authorized dealer they can not honor the warranty even though they checked the serial number and it was good, so i just though I would ask, I paid $25000cnd which is a steal up here vs $4000 from bestbuy

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a guess that you may not have bought it directly from Amazon, but rather, from one of their marketplace sellers. Which in that case, is most likely not an authorized reseller. Just because it says "fulfilled" by Amazon, doesn't necessarily mean that it is from Amazon direct.

And did you mean to say $2500, or $25000 Canadian?

If it's the former, I would be especially suspicious with the price that you're saying that you got, that this was not through an authorized reseller.

Might be one of those "fine print" scenarios, but hopefully you get it worked out. Good luck!

Yes sorry for the confusion i paid $2.500cnd and the seller is a seller "fulfilled " by amazon, I opened up a case and im just waiting to hear back from seller and amazon. It should be good, the seller has hundreds of positive feedbacks and a long history of dealing with canadians. Thanks for your reply
post #2301 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Quoted: 4072 Post(s)
Liked: 5074
Quote:
Yes sorry for the confusion i paid $2.500cnd and the seller is a seller "fulfilled " by amazon, I opened up a case and im just waiting to hear back from seller and amazon. It should be good, the seller has hundreds of positive feedbacks and a long history of dealing with canadians. Thanks for your reply
If the seller is a "Fulfilled by Amazon" seller then you are dealing with Amazon directly and not with the third party seller. Just go to "Your Orders" and process the "Return or replace items". Select the motive for return as "damage/not working properly", on the note section write that the "Onebox cable came broken" and process the "refund". Because it's an order "Fulfilled by Amazon", which mean it is in Amazon's warehouse but it is not an Amazon stock item, the only option available is "Refund". Press on "Refund" and then you will get the UPS label and return instructions. Box the TV, put the Label on the box with the RMA inside the box, drop the box at UPS and you are ready. Amazon will process the refund as soon they get the TV back in their warehouse. I did that with two TV sets two weeks ago and no problem at all. You don't need to open a case for this, just return the TV back to Amazon and place a new order.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |

Last edited by enricoclaudio; 06-27-2015 at 07:41 AM.
post #2302 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
I have DirecTV coming Monday to do the RVU/4K install. I was actually able to get it working myself, but I could not access my DVR recordings (couldn't even see a button to do so).

My other major concern is being stuck with using the Samsung remote. I mean, would it have been too much trouble to include freakin number buttons??? And why isnt there a voice navigation button on the remote? Is there an alternative remote we can buy that would work with RVU? It'd honestly be nice if we could use DirecTV's RF remote. I'm actually thinking about paying for a third receiver just so I don't have to re-teach my kids the remote, or my in-laws when they come to visit.
To use Voice Commands, hold down the MENU/123 button for several seconds.

Q8FN
KS9800
F8000
post #2303 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctura View Post
To use Voice Commands, hold down the MENU/123 button for several seconds.
Thanks! I knew I should have read the manual.

Is there a list of voice commands anywhere? I looked through the FAQ and manual.

Last edited by ckeegan; 06-27-2015 at 08:11 AM.
post #2304 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Can you please confirm you see letter boxing (black top and bottom bars) on Marco Polo 4k on Netflix. I do not see that for Daredevil so wanted to check.
Also, is there a definitive way to confirm 4k content is playing - I have Verizon FIOS 50MBPS internet and have updated my Netflix plan and see the 4k Ultra HR row, but wanted to confirm if there is any other setting to be enabled etc for UHD.

Many Thanks!
post #2305 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax1105 View Post
Can you please confirm you see letter boxing (black top and bottom bars) on Marco Polo 4k on Netflix. I do not see that for Daredevil so wanted to check.
Also, is there a definitive way to confirm 4k content is playing - I have Verizon FIOS 50MBPS internet and have updated my Netflix plan and see the 4k Ultra HR row, but wanted to confirm if there is any other setting to be enabled etc for UHD.

Many Thanks!
I do see the black bars on Marco Polo but they aren't the standard size ratio that most films are filmed in. They are skinnier. When watching Netflix hit menu/123 then highlight the info button on the top row of buttons that pop up for the tv. It will display the info of the show in the upper left hand corner.
post #2306 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 20
House of cards season 1 not sure 4k?, every other show I check appears as 2160, breakin bad etc all show up as 2160 House of cards season 2 and 3 are 2160, not first season. This is for Netflix
post #2307 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So it finally came in . It looks great...but definely going to pant that silver to black lol. SO its a TH01 module so thats great. It was made in April though so its not all that new. Time to get it set up and take pics pre calibrated
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150627_130832.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	798410   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150627_131142.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	798418  
WERA689 likes this.
post #2308 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Hunter View Post
Does anybody have an opinion on my attached pic? Is this a bad panel or just normal?
All I can say is, I don't see that on mine. That artifact is too well defined to be normal I would think.
post #2309 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
*****ERuiz's Calibration for the Samsung UN65JS8500*****

I have finally completed a complete calibration of my JS8500 and I am extremely pleased with the results. First of all, I am not a professional calibrator, just a guy who embraces technology and decided to learn to calibrate my TVs on my own. So obviously, I have been doing tons of ready and researching to get me to this point. With that being said, take these as a baseline for those that like to fiddle around with their TVs but don't expect miracles. Each TV is different and what works for one, might not work for another.

I used CalMAN 5.4.2 with a i1D3 colorimeter, aiming for a light output of 35ftL (120cd/m2) and BT.1886 gamma curve.

PICTURE
Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 8
Contrast: 86
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 7
Color: 50
Tint: G50/R50

PICTURE SIZE
Picture Size: 16:9
Fit to screen: ON

ADVANCED SETTINGS
*Dynamic Contrast: OFF
*Black Tone: OFF
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: OFF
Color Space: Custom
Gamma: -2

COLOR SPACE (R, G, B)
Red: 22, 7, 0
Green 26, 43, 4
Blue: 0, 6, 33
Yellow: 44, 46, 4
Cyan: 25, 51, 56
Magenta: 21, 8, 49

WHITE BALANCE (2 point)
R-Offset: -2
G-Offset: 5
B-Offset: 0
R-Gain: 0
G-Gain: -7
B-Gain: 3

WHITE BALANCE (10 point) (R, G, B)
10%: 49, 41, 30
20%: 44, 34, 31
30%: 28, 30, 30
40%: 20, 23, 28
50%: 14, 12, 14
60%: 7, 11, 12
70%: 3, 8, 6
80%: 2, 7, 5
90%: 0, 0, -1
100%: 0, 0, 0

PICTURE OPTIONS
Color Tone: Movie2
*Digital Clean View: OFF
*MPEG Noise Filter: OFF
HDMI Black Level: Low
HDMI UHD Color: OFF
*Auto Motion Plus: Clear
*Smart LED: Standard
*Cinema Black: ON

*Adjust to your own preference if you don't like the way I have set mine.

Settings without an asterisk (*) must be entered exactly as I have them. Otherwise the white balance, gamma, color and whitepoint will be affected.

I am including CalMAN post-calibration graphs so you can see my results.

Suggestions, opinions, compliments and criticism are highly welcomed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was too dark for me. Any other suggestions?
post #2310 of 24127 Old 06-27-2015, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeSg24 View Post
House of cards season 1 not sure 4k?, every other show I check appears as 2160, breakin bad etc all show up as 2160 House of cards season 2 and 3 are 2160, not first season. This is for Netflix
For House of Cards, IIRC only seasons 2 and 3 were filmed in 4k
WERA689 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
JS8500 , reflection , screen flashing black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page