**OFFICIAL** 2015 Samsung 4K SUHD JS8500 Series TV Thread - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10024Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2341 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 12:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by smp0887 View Post
Do not buy this tv!!! Complete garbage!!!
To be fair my js9500 struggled with true detective more than any other content I've seen. That is pretty distracting though.
JonSpeaking is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2342 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Issue two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Hunter View Post
Small Semi circle lighter place on side of television. About the size of a half of a Tennis ball. More noticeable on solid colors. The attached pic is zoomed in.
Sorry that you have this imperfection, I'm sure it's disappointing (been there, done that, with a previous Samsung 2014 model I purchased, so I feel your pain). If none of the multitude of picture setting options have any significant impact on that semicircular artifact, and you notice it on other HDMI inputs too, with other equipment attached (DVD player, game console), then I'd say short of being a problem with the HDMI cable (which is highly doubtful), then it's likely a manufacturing defect in one of the layers of the panel itself, and the only way to resolve it (hopefully!) is to exchange it for another one while you're still within your return window. As others have pointed out, ALL LCD TVs HAVE SHORTCOMINGS, even the $10,000+ ones, part of it being limitations with this type of technology (exacerbated as you move up in screen size) as well as the roll-of-the-dice aspect when it comes to the manufacturing/quality control process itself, not to mention how the panel was handled, packaged, stored, transported, and installed post-assembly. My 65JS8500 isn't perfect by any means -- just the other day I noticed for the first time in 3 weeks that there is a thin horizontal band within the top 6" of the screen that is only apparent on lighter backgrounds, but it also seems to come and go depending on channel and source quality, and sometimes it's more apparent on off-white gray or yellow hue backgrounds rather than pure white ones. The fact that sometimes I see it and sometimes I don't (and that others in my family don't) is enough to drive me insane, but I'm not willing to take a chance on another set due to this minor imperfection that's playing hide-and-seek with my brain (perhaps the next set will have stuck pixels or extreme edge bleeding or awful clouding or banding issues or not power on at all -- who knows), and because overall this TV still blows me away with its upscaling capability and 4K nano clarity. It's all a matter of what you're willing to live with and to not go looking for imperfections (which I know you haven't done), but to let them find you instead (which hopefully none will).

So, if that semicircular artifact is something that others notice too without you pointing it out to them first (you said your attached pic was zoomed in), and you can't make it less noticeable regardless of input or settings or cabling, and your eyes will always be drawn to it even years down the line, I'd suggest you roll the dice and exchange it while you still have the time to do so, even though it's an inconvenience (especially if wall mounted). Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
4K Tech is offline  
post #2343 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 257
UN65JS8500FXZA vs. UN78JS8600FXZA preliminary specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
Looks like the 78" JS8600 has a price($7999 after a $2000 discount). Will that TV be tracked in this thread or will it get its own thread?

It looks like a great TV and fills a big hole in the Samsung lineup. However, it is pricier than I thought it would be.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN78JS8600FXZA
I hope the moderators will allow us to track the 78" JS8600 here for a little while so that we can learn more about it from real world owners before a separate thread dedicated to that model is established.

For now, from what I can tell by using Samsung's product comparison tool on their website, both the JS8500 and JS8600 are edge lit (since neither model mentions "Multi Zone Full Array Back Lighting" on their product description pages, as opposed to the JS9500 model on its product description page), both utilize the One Connect Mini (vs. the JS9500's full One Connect box), and the only specs which differ are the MSRP, weight, dimensions, and 3D capability (the 78" JS8600 specs do not mention 3D functionality). Samsung's pre-order MSRP at this time is $7,999.99, unlike the bogus $9,999.99 pre-order MSRP listed on some reseller websites. Should be interesting to see what new owners think of this 78" version of the JS8500 and what it will ultimately end up selling for on or about Black Friday 2015.
4K Tech is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2344 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
prme19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 394
So, i watched mozart in the jungle, but this time in Native color space, somehow it brought some more colors in. Im not sure if this is HDR or the colors just became oversaturated. I dont know. Anybody who've already seen HDR movies care to chime in? Did you guys change anything with the picture settings? Or maybe in a different picture mode?

my JS8500 movie calibration settings as of 8/8/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post34495410
my JS8500 standard calibration settings as of 6/18/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post35124130
prme19 is offline  
post #2345 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Member
 
billt928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Can anyone that had issues with MGO and the video pack drive confirm that it is now working. seems mine is now working
billt928 is offline  
post #2346 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
prme19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by billt928 View Post
Can anyone that had issues with MGO and the video pack drive confirm that it is now working. seems mine is now working
Were you able to download from MGO? My exchanged video pack will be arriving tomorrow. Hopefully this one will work.

my JS8500 movie calibration settings as of 8/8/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post34495410
my JS8500 standard calibration settings as of 6/18/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post35124130
prme19 is offline  
post #2347 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 04:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by billt928 View Post
Can anyone that had issues with MGO and the video pack drive confirm that it is now working. seems mine is now working
I am not a subscriber to MGO but I do have a question about that video pack. What is everyone plugging their video pack into? Usb 3.0 on the tv or the OCB usbs? I know MGO requires 3.0 to download. My video pack only works if the tv is on and I plug it in. If it's plugged into the usb 3.0 and I turn the tv on the drive will just have a blinking white light on it. So to use the 3.0 usb I have to turn the tv on then unplug and plug in the drive or just plug the drive in after the tv is on. Anyone else having this problem?
FromPlasma2LCD is offline  
post #2348 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Member
 
billt928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by prme19 View Post
Were you able to download from MGO? My exchanged video pack will be arriving tomorrow. Hopefully this one will work.

Yes it now shows drive management options under settings and UHD is no longer greyed out. I was able to download purchased 4k HDR purchased movies.


I have 4 of these 2015 Samsung TV's two UN55JS9000 and two UN48JS8500 in guest rooms. I have the video pack on all 4 TV's


My original video pack that was free when I purchased a UN65HU9000 has always worked with all of these TV's.
I had purchased 2 more drives from BB when they put them on sale last month for $99, these were not recognized by any of the 2015 TV's. I took them to a friends house and connected them to his UN65HU9000 and opened MGO and was prompted with a firmware update for the drives. His TV has not been updated since FW 1240 and auto app update was also off. These drives now worked on all of my 2015 TV's
I had purchased another video pack when BB dropped the price to $50. this drive did not work in any of the TV's. I was planning to take it over to my friends house to connect to his TV this week. and when in MGO today I noticed I had the 4k video pack management options under settings, so I went to one of my purchased movies and the option was there to download them. I proceeded to download the purchase HDR movies without issue other than very slow. I was not prompted to update the drive firmware either
mpgxsvcd and prme19 like this.
billt928 is offline  
post #2349 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 04:56 PM
Member
 
billt928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
I am not a subscriber to MGO but I do have a question about that video pack. What is everyone plugging their video pack into? Usb 3.0 on the tv or the OCB usbs? I know MGO requires 3.0 to download. My video pack only works if the tv is on and I plug it in. If it's plugged into the usb 3.0 and I turn the tv on the drive will just have a blinking white light on it. So to use the 3.0 usb I have to turn the tv on then unplug and plug in the drive or just plug the drive in after the tv is on. Anyone else having this problem?

I have it connected to the USB 3 port on the back of my JS8500's and on the JS9000 its also connected to the USB 3 port on the OCB
billt928 is offline  
post #2350 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
yngdiego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Has anyone had a pro ISF calibration for their JS8500 and compared the results with the forum calibration settings such as those from Prme19? I have a Pioneer Kuro which I had ISF calibrated when I got it, and LOVE the picture. But if the forum settings get my to-be-delivered JS8500 90% of the way there, I'll likely not spend the extra $ for that 10%. I'm not a videophile, but do appreciate a good picture. I haven't gotten my set yet..waiting on Costco to deliver hopefully this week.


If anyone has a comparison of forum settings and a true ISF calibration I'd love to hear it. Since this TV supports 4K/HDR, would I need to look for a calibrator that specifically supports that technology?
yngdiego is offline  
post #2351 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by billt928 View Post
I have it connected to the USB 3 port on the back of my JS8500's and on the JS9000 its also connected to the USB 3 port on the OCB
On your 8500 do you ever have to plug and unplug the video pack to make it work on USB 3.0 or it's always plugged in and it always works? My video pack works fine on the 2.0 ports but on the 3.0 port the Video pack has to be plugged in after the tv is turned on or its shows as its there in my content but the video pack itself shows no visible content. I go to Mgo and it shows the video pack and how much room I have left but no matter what I do there's no content on the drive until I unplug it and plug it back in. This is everytime the tv is turned on. Does that make sense? I've been painting the man cave all day and I'm feeling sorta loopy.

Last edited by FromPlasma2LCD; 06-28-2015 at 05:22 PM.
FromPlasma2LCD is offline  
post #2352 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngdiego View Post
Has anyone had a pro ISF calibration for their JS8500 and compared the results with the forum calibration settings such as those from Prme19? I have a Pioneer Kuro which I had ISF calibrated when I got it, and LOVE the picture. But if the forum settings get my to-be-delivered JS8500 90% of the way there, I'll likely not spend the extra $ for that 10%. I'm not a videophile, but do appreciate a good picture. I haven't gotten my set yet..waiting on Costco to deliver hopefully this week.


If anyone has a comparison of forum settings and a true ISF calibration I'd love to hear it. Since this TV supports 4K/HDR, would I need to look for a calibrator that specifically supports that technology?
I have my Kuro isf calibrated with the day mode and night mode calibrations and yeah they are awesome. I can say that the forum calibration as well as a little bit of tweaking on your end depending on your viewing environment should get you 90% there. I watched the Kuro in a pitch black room but had to change up to a bias light on the 8500.
FromPlasma2LCD is offline  
post #2353 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
yngdiego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
I have my Kuro isf calibrated with the day mode and night mode calibrations and yeah they are awesome. I can say that the forum calibration as well as a little bit of tweaking on your end depending on your viewing environment should get you 90% there. I watched the Kuro in a pitch black room but had to change up to a bias light on the 8500.
Which bias light did you buy? I actually bought one years ago for my Kuro, but got lazy and never ended up installing and I think trashed it. How would you compare your Kuro PQ to the JS8500? I'm not seeking perfection...or I'd probably wait for affordable OLED.
yngdiego is offline  
post #2354 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So. I have cox cable dvr. It has an hdmi cable going to the one box, it has an optic cable going from the sound bar to the cable box but I get no sound out of my sound bar. Any idea? Cause the audio on the TV sucks... At 26 it starts at crackle already.
negru08 is offline  
post #2355 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngdiego View Post
Which bias light did you buy? I actually bought one years ago for my Kuro, but got lazy and never ended up installing and I think trashed it. How would you compare your Kuro PQ to the JS8500? I'm not seeking perfection...or I'd probably wait for affordable OLED.
I just have a basic 6500k led strips that are attached to a control box where I can actually change the LED colors to whatever color I want. I'm redoing my man cave today and should be done by we'd so I'll post some pics of the final project. As far as compared to the Kuro, there are moments on the 8500 that will make you smile and drop your jaw quite a bit and there are moments that will make you remember that this is an edge lit LCD with limitations but luckily there are more of the jaw dropping moments. I think you will enjoy it after you get it dialed in and check out some 4k this and some 4k that. My roommate has seen my Kuro and when he walks past the 8500 he stops and stares and says things like "that looks better than real life, now I want one."
WERA689 likes this.
FromPlasma2LCD is offline  
post #2356 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 06:12 PM
 
Dean Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Thanks for responding 4K! You only notice it on solid light colors. You can't see it on dark colors or mixed colors.
Dean Hunter is offline  
post #2357 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Member
 
billt928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
On your 8500 do you ever have to plug and unplug the video pack to make it work on USB 3.0 or it's always plugged in and it always works? My video pack works fine on the 2.0 ports but on the 3.0 port the Video pack has to be plugged in after the tv is turned on or its shows as its there in my content but the video pack itself shows no visible content. I go to Mgo and it shows the video pack and how much room I have left but no matter what I do there's no content on the drive until I unplug it and plug it back in. This is everytime the tv is turned on. Does that make sense? I've been painting the man cave all day and I'm feeling sorta loopy.
I have not had any issues with the video pack content or having to unplug the drive to get it to function. I just select it then select the content I want to view. though I did prefer the interface of my UN65HU9000 when it came to the user interface
billt928 is offline  
post #2358 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 06:48 PM
smd
Member
 
smd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 25
M-Go download is still not working for me. I don't see anything new under the M-GO settings (M-GO software version 2.301). I still get the message that I need to connect the UHD Video Pack.
smd is offline  
post #2359 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Member
 
BeyondHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Finally HBO GO is available on my region. Looks fantastic on the JS8500.
BeyondHD is offline  
post #2360 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondHD View Post
Finally HBO GO is available on my region. Looks fantastic on the JS8500.
I was surprised when I saw it available yesterday too. I'm glad it's finally here for this set!
netsecpro1 is offline  
post #2361 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
TheCrow1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by billt928 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
On your 8500 do you ever have to plug and unplug the video pack to make it work on USB 3.0 or it's always plugged in and it always works? My video pack works fine on the 2.0 ports but on the 3.0 port the Video pack has to be plugged in after the tv is turned on or its shows as its there in my content but the video pack itself shows no visible content. I go to Mgo and it shows the video pack and how much room I have left but no matter what I do there's no content on the drive until I unplug it and plug it back in. This is everytime the tv is turned on. Does that make sense? I've been painting the man cave all day and I'm feeling sorta loopy.
I have not had any issues with the video pack content or having to unplug the drive to get it to function. I just select it then select the content I want to view. though I did prefer the interface of my UN65HU9000 when it came to the user interface
I have not had an issue with viewing the content on the UHD video pack either. I leave mine plugged into the USB 3.0 on the back of the tv all the time and it is viewable in the Smart Hub as soon as I power up my tv.
WERA689 likes this.
TheCrow1994 is offline  
post #2362 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow1994 View Post
I have not had an issue with viewing the content on the UHD video pack either. I leave mine plugged into the USB 3.0 on the back of the tv all the time and it is viewable in the Smart Hub as soon as I power up my tv.
thanks for the replies everyone. Going to exchange it and see if a new one still does the same thing. Any reason they didn't just make 3.0 USB inputs on the OCB?
FromPlasma2LCD is offline  
post #2363 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
prme19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 394
MGO added a couple more UHD movies with HDR: The Longest Ride and Wild
WERA689 likes this.

my JS8500 movie calibration settings as of 8/8/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post34495410
my JS8500 standard calibration settings as of 6/18/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post35124130
prme19 is offline  
post #2364 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
is there a way to save calibration settings?

is there a way to save calibration settings?
filmkr27 is offline  
post #2365 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmkr27 View Post
is there a way to save calibration settings?
Under "apply picture mode" do you have it set to "all sources"? The setting is right underneath the tint (g/r) in your settings where you change contrast and backlight and the rest.
FromPlasma2LCD is offline  
post #2366 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 08:19 PM
Member
 
jjone174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd View Post
M-Go download is still not working for me. I don't see anything new under the M-GO settings (M-GO software version 2.301). I still get the message that I need to connect the UHD Video Pack.
Completely agree... I'm still having this same problem.

To those that are now able to purchase and download UHD HDR movies, what did you do?!

I have tried to delete the MGO app but can't figure out how? I'm thinking that by deleting and reinstalling it might fix the problem... Thanks for the help!!
jjone174 is offline  
post #2367 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 08:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailryder42 View Post
Eruiz's setting were too dark for me too. Try prme19s settings. Tweak to your preference from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
Under "apply picture mode" do you have it set to "all sources"? The setting is right underneath the tint (g/r) in your settings where you change contrast and backlight and the rest.
Yes, but as soon as I change it to standard or dynamic, I lose the settings.
filmkr27 is offline  
post #2368 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
yngdiego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by prme19 View Post
MGO added a couple more UHD movies with HDR: The Longest Ride and Wild
I bought the UHD pack in anticipation of my JS8500 arriving. I don't have the box handy, but I thought it included about 12 movies on the HD. Is there a set number of new titles that you can download with it, or can we expect new titles for the foreseeable future? Not complaining at all...just wondering if MGO has said how many more titles they plan on letting us download without paying additional money.
yngdiego is offline  
post #2369 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmkr27 View Post
Yes, but as soon as I change it to standard or dynamic, I lose the settings.
So you have movie mode calibrated then when you switch to another picture mode then come back to movie mode all the settings are back to default?
FromPlasma2LCD is offline  
post #2370 of 24275 Old 06-28-2015, 09:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
prme19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngdiego View Post
I bought the UHD pack in anticipation of my JS8500 arriving. I don't have the box handy, but I thought it included about 12 movies on the HD. Is there a set number of new titles that you can download with it, or can we expect new titles for the foreseeable future? Not complaining at all...just wondering if MGO has said how many more titles they plan on letting us download without paying additional money.
You can download movies from MGO into the video pack, But you'll have to pay though. As for new titles, I'm guessing there'll be a lot available for downloads and streaming before the year ends from MGO, Amazon Prime, and Netflix.

my JS8500 movie calibration settings as of 8/8/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post34495410
my JS8500 standard calibration settings as of 6/18/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post35124130
prme19 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
JS8500 , reflection , screen flashing black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off