Finally home and got to play with the XBR-75X850C a bit...
1. The TV was really buggy without the initial firmware update.
2. Firmware took about 30 minutes to install, still no Netflix...Picked up an open box FMP-X10, but haven't hooked it up yet.
2. Grey Screen Banding!!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT WE WERE OVER THIS....Luckily I haven't noticed this during content as of yet. Just on the Home Menus and stuff.
3. DSE as well...Didn't notice it on the Samsung, but I was so pissed off at the clouding I didn't evaluate the set much.
3. The picture doesn't pop like on the JU7100. It is your typical more accurate picture, but I can't help the feeling it looks washed out on Pro Cinema or Pro Home.
4. Black Screen Uniformity is much better than my JU7100, but I need to throw a test pattern up to confirm.
5. The upscaling problem for 720P sources is indeed happening to me as well. I set my TiVo box to upscale to 1080i instead of Native Resolutions to combat this right now.
6. Motion seems off. I can't put my finger on it. Sony really f'd with the menus and settings, everything seems to be different and some settings aren't present that were on the 2014 models.
My initial thoughts are that I should have gone for the 79X900B for $5400, but I have heard of many problems with that set too so I was scared off because I would have to deal with Sony for any issues as I couldn't have returned it to the store I could buy it at that price for...
I've only played with it for an hour or so right now, we will see if things change.
Also, having Pioneer plasma sets are a blessing and a curse. Having a 50" and 60" KRP-500M and KRP-600M make it difficult to like anything else. I've got to give this set some more time to grow on me though, I'm going to try Standard mode viewing and see how I like it compared to Pro Cinema or Home Cinema modes...
Last edited by Y2JDMBFAN; 05-15-2015 at 09:40 PM.