Sony 2015 XBR-55X850C / XBR-65X850C / XBR-75X850C owners club - Page 178 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11985Likes

post #5311 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 12:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 419
@DoctorM , @Recall , thanks for the feedback, will upload updated version tomorrow, including an additional set of calibration settings from another user.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

2015 Sony X850C FAQ: Recommended Picture settings, 3D FAQ, HDR FAQ, DirecTV 4K Ready FAQ, Troubleshooting & common problems; Dropbox Link || Alternate Google Drive FAQ Link. || My gear: TV - Sony XBR75X850C, BD - Sony BDP S350, AVR - Pioneer VSX-1020, Speakers - RBH MC-616C MKII Center Channel, RBH MC-6C MKII Bookshelf (fronts), RBH MC-615 In-ceiling surrounds, RBH TS-10AP 200W self-powered sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5312 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 12:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
Yup - IRRC, Brightness was set to Max in HDR mode!

I'll have to try some Amazon HDR content and see if HDR mode is engaged, forgot to check for that. Supposedly the pilot episode of "Red Oaks" is HDR.

Trying the actual HDR version now, and things are weird. It doesn't recognize the HDR content - it doesn't switch to HDR mode automatically. If I access the Action menu to switch it to HDR, and start playing the content again (the episode stops playing and you're returned to the series contents screen each time you go to the access menu), and then go back to the Action menu, it's back to my normal Cinema Pro setting again. So it doesn't seem like I can make it play back in HDR mode. A little confused about what's actually happening...the interesting part is that the HDR version doesn't blow out the way the normal version did when I selected HDR. Strange. This may just be a settings issue where it is playing back as HDR, but the Settings menu resets every time you re-enter it.

It does look great, regardless of the seeming lack of ability to make it play back in HDR mode.
Can someone else try playing HDR content from Amazon and see if they see the same results as I did?

Why the picture settings behaves different from when we play HDR content (e.g., Life of Pi clip) from a USB drive, the HDR mode stays selected in picture settingsin that case.

Is the set really recognizing the Amazon HDR content?

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

2015 Sony X850C FAQ: Recommended Picture settings, 3D FAQ, HDR FAQ, DirecTV 4K Ready FAQ, Troubleshooting & common problems; Dropbox Link || Alternate Google Drive FAQ Link. || My gear: TV - Sony XBR75X850C, BD - Sony BDP S350, AVR - Pioneer VSX-1020, Speakers - RBH MC-616C MKII Center Channel, RBH MC-6C MKII Bookshelf (fronts), RBH MC-615 In-ceiling surrounds, RBH TS-10AP 200W self-powered sub.

Last edited by Danabw; 10-25-2015 at 12:47 AM.
post #5313 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 02:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2073 Post(s)
Liked: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANtheTIGER View Post

I'm not sure if it is a setting or not but the comment seems to be consistent on rtings and other sites. For those that have the X850C, I ask you if this is really an issue or if sports are viewed perfectly fine? And these reviews are just a little sensitive (more so than a normal viewer)?

From Rtings.com...

"I do watch a lot of sports; no gaming. I saw both TVs yesterday and preferred the toned down pic of the X850C vs the JU7100. Your comments about how the Samsung handles motion blur better for sports concerns me... Will I be happy with sports on the 850C?

Yes, you will still be happy with the X850C even for sports. The motion handling is above average, so don't worry about it.

Jul 02, 2015"

"I just had my Samsung plasma TV fail on me after only four years and am now trying to decide between the Sony X850C, the Vizio M60-C3, and the Samsung JU7100. I really only care about the TV's performance for sports, as I can always notice motion blurring if it exists. Any thoughts? Note that I'm sort of jaded towards Samsung now due to my current TV failing. Thanks.

All LED TVs have some blur, so you'll never find a TV completely free of it. Both the Sony X850C and the Vizio M60-C3 are good choices for sports. The M60-C3 has a bit more blur overall, but it shouldn't be noticeable with video games. If you want the absolute least, go for the Sony.

Jul 20, 2015"

"Which is better for PlayStation 4, movies, and sports? The x850c or JU7500, both 55.
The JU7500. Both are good for movies, but the JU7500 has less blur and much lower input lag, so it's a better option for sports and gaming.

Sep 04, 2015"

Is that clear as mud?

Danabw and DoctorM like this.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5314 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
From Rtings.com...

"I just had my Samsung plasma TV fail on me after only four years and am now trying to decide between the Sony X850C, the Vizio M60-C3, and the Samsung JU7100. I really only care about the TV's performance for sports, as I can always notice motion blurring if it exists. Any thoughts? Note that I'm sort of jaded towards Samsung now due to my current TV failing. Thanks.

Is that clear as mud?

Thanks for your help and time. But yeah, definitely I came away with some answers and some questions. It seems that rtings is basically saying that either TV will be just fine for sports - I shouldn't notice any problems. The biggest question comes from the above comment. Unless I'm misunderstanding things, the X850C is recommended for sports by rtings. That's fine, but rtings ranks the 7100 as a top TV in sports. So what gives?
post #5315 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked: 639
So I got the 65ju7500 samsung and set it up next to the x850c last night (my receiver has 2 HDMI outs, so I can see both at the same time ).

Watched parts of the movies that were giving me blue edges on the sony (after earth, Black hat, wall-e, etc..). The sony still had the issue. the samsung, well, did not AND in general I felt the picture looked better on these movies.

I also watched sports for a bit. Both were comparable, but the grass blur-ing that some have seen wasn't nearly as noticeable on the samsung. I gave the nod to the Samsung.

Tizen... pretty snappy. I miss android already. (I even liked how WebOS 2.0 works better than tizen). However, it's tolerable and pretty easy to deal with. Just could be better. The remote is ok. slightly better than the sony for me, but mostly a wash.

Plex has DD out. wish I could run kodi on it, but eh. I have a HTPC for that if I want it.

Seems like CEC/ARC work about the same. Sony had more control over what the TV does in this regard. Edge to Sony.

Overall, I gave up on the Sony due to the blue edges. Getting the Sammy for $200 more was a deal I couldn't pass up. I'd have paid $400 more to not deal with the edge issues on the 65".

That said, I looked at the 810c while I was picking this up. If that would have been out when I first started with the Sony, I would have got it. I really couldn't see the color difference (maybe a bit). I even generally thought it looked better in the 65" size range than the 850c. And NO DAMN BLUE EDGES! After seeing three more of them in stores ALL with the same issue, enough is enough.

Anyway, the Sony goes back today. I just boxed it up and the thought occurred that I totally forgot to factory reset it Dumbass! lol

For those of you with blue edge issues, (McLingo, this means you), TAKE IT BACK.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
post #5316 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

X850C Calibration spreadsheet updated:

- Corrections provided by @DoctorM and @Recall
- Addition of @sirius_rich and @virtualrain settings. Virtualrain provided a very detailed post on his exploration of the 850C settings options in his calibration post, definitely worth a read even if you've already completed your setup! See the link to his post in the spreadsheet.
- Re-ordered settings by screen size for easier side-by-side comparisons of like models
- Changed how the links to the original posts are provided - Embedding the links into the "Link to post" text didn't work for some reason, the links would fail when clicked. So I just put the URLs in a separate cell and you can copy/paste them into a browser. If any Excel guru knows why the links don't work when set up as embedded in text please let me know.
- Formatting to improved readability
- Fortified with 8 vitamins and iron (just like Wonder Bread!)

As always, if you have settings you'd like to share, let me know. If your settings are already in the spreadsheet and I've made any errors or you have any updates, let me know.

Link in my sig. For those on mobile where sigs don't show up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6j91tdicu...s-v5.xlsx?dl=0
LD-838D likes this.

Last edited by Danabw; 10-25-2015 at 08:53 AM.
post #5317 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 68
another day another update.

Ok, so there are three main issues here with this TV (65 inch version) as we know. 1, the viewing angle is very narrow, 2, it has some back-light bleed, mostly on the left of the TV (same for everyone?) 3, has a propensity to oversaturate colours in dark areas at the edges because of problems 1 & 2, this creates noise by drawing out blocky compressed data which would be otherwise in shadow.

What i've learnt today.

If you sit slightly left of center it improves the problem quite a bit, this is because the narrow viewing angle worsens the backlight bleed and as it is mainly on the left... So, i moved my chair few inches to the left and things improved. Then I applied my previous settings to deal with problem 3 and now i have a really good picture for all material.

One other thing worth a mention, the trick to getting a picture to live with is all of the above but also working out how much back-light you can live without. To this end, never view any material using the vivid preset, this creates a relative comparison the TV cannot live up to. What I mean is that if you find a low level of backlight you can live with, live with it, don't compare it to anything else or you are inviting disappointment.

i have also created two new presets now for both night and day, again though these are tweaked for my room, so these may not be suitable for you.

I have no real idea what the red mess was i had last night or why my picture started off great, went bad for a few hours, the turned red and then went back to being good again after I cleaned the screen.

oh, one good thing about TV#4, the DSE if very fine indeed, this set would be idea for people who love sports, there is virtually nothing there in panning shots.

PRESETS 25.10.2015

again these are for full RGB 1080 4:4:4 htpc but should translate well to all other sources

Night

cinema pro
brightness 10
colour 55
contrast 90
gamma -2
black level 50
black adj off
adv contrast low

colour temp neutral
r-gain -5
g-gain max
b-gain max
r-bias 0
g-bias -5
b-bias -15
live colour off

sharp 50
reality manual / 20
mastered in 4k on

motion flow off or minimum
film mode / low

daylight

cinema home
brightness 35
colour 55
contrast max
gamma 0
black level 50
black adj off
adv contrast off

colour temp expert 1
r-gain -8
g-gain -4
b-gain max
r-bias min
g-bias min
b-bias -15

sharp 50
reality manual / 20
mastered in 4k on

film mode / low
post #5318 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Guys, is there a way to force the TV to only see 5ghz networks? Currently I have had to separate the networks on my Apple Time Capsule otherwise it won't connect to 5ghz. The only time I can see this is when wifi direct is on which allows auto 2.4 or auto 5ghz, but this kills my internet!

This causes issues with my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s which both want to connect to 2.4ghz as priority rather than before where it would dynamically select the best signal...
post #5319 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Although I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but is the 65" actually an IPS panel instead of VA like the 55" and 75"? It would explain a lot of what people are seeing, and I noticed someone asking on Rtings if the x810c 65" was IPS (the answer was that they are looking into it.)
post #5320 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Guys, is there a way to force the TV to only see 5ghz networks? Currently I have had to separate the networks on my Apple Time Capsule otherwise it won't connect to 5ghz. The only time I can see this is when wifi direct is on which allows auto 2.4 or auto 5ghz, but this kills my internet!

This causes issues with my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s which both want to connect to 2.4ghz as priority rather than before where it would dynamically select the best signal...
post #5321 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Although I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but is the 65" actually an IPS panel instead of VA like the 55" and 75"? It would explain a lot of what people are seeing, and I noticed someone asking on Rtings if the x810c 65" was IPS (the answer was that they are looking into it.)
you've kind of got things the wrong way around, IPS panels don't normally have these issues, they have good viewing angles but washed out greyer blacks. All x85 models are VA panels anyway mate.

The 9 series are IPS, good viewing angles but average blacks compared to this TV, ironically you are paying for the privilege of having less TV, its just thinner and is IPS, otherwise same circuitry.
virtualrain likes this.
post #5322 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post

No the 65 is VA.
post #5323 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclingo McKeown View Post
another day another update.

Ok, so there are three main issues here with this TV (65 inch version) as we know. 1, the viewing angle is very narrow, 2, it has some back-light bleed, mostly on the left of the TV (same for everyone?) 3, has a propensity to oversaturate colours in dark areas at the edges because of problems 1 & 2, this creates noise by drawing out blocky compressed data which would be otherwise in shadow.

What i've learnt today.

If you sit slightly left of center it improves the problem quite a bit, this is because the narrow viewing angle worsens the backlight bleed and as it is mainly on the left... So, i moved my chair few inches to the left and things improved. Then I applied my previous settings to deal with problem 3 and now i have a really good picture for all material.

One other thing worth a mention, the trick to getting a picture to live with is all of the above but also working out how much back-light you can live without. To this end, never view any material using the vivid preset, this creates a relative comparison the TV cannot live up to. What I mean is that if you find a low level of backlight you can live with, live with it, don't compare it to anything else or you are inviting disappointment.

i have also created two new presets now for both night and day, again though these are tweaked for my room, so these may not be suitable for you.

I have no real idea what the red mess was i had last night or why my picture started off great, went bad for a few hours, the turned red and then went back to being good again after I cleaned the screen.

oh, one good thing about TV#4, the DSE if very fine indeed, this set would be idea for people who love sports, there is virtually nothing there in panning shots.

PRESETS 25.10.2015

again these are for full RGB 1080 4:4:4 htpc but should translate well to all other sources

Night

cinema pro
brightness 10
colour 55
contrast 90
gamma -2
black level 50
black adj off
adv contrast low

colour temp neutral
r-gain -5
g-gain max
b-gain max
r-bias 0
g-bias -5
b-bias -15
live colour off

sharp 50
reality manual / 20
mastered in 4k on

film mode / low

daylight

cinema home
brightness 35
colour 55
contrast max
gamma 0
black level 50
black adj off
adv contrast off

colour temp expert 1
r-gain -8
g-gain -4
b-gain max
r-bias min
g-bias min
b-bias -15

sharp 50
reality manual / 20
mastered in 4k on

film mode / low
Thanks, McLingo.

X850C Calibration spreadsheet (link in sig below) is updated w/your two new settings profiles on your HPTC set. Let me know if you see any errors/omissions.

post #5324 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post
So I got the 65ju7500 samsung and set it up next to the x850c last night (my receiver has 2 HDMI outs, so I can see both at the same time ).

Watched parts of the movies that were giving me blue edges on the sony (after earth, Black hat, wall-e, etc..). The sony still had the issue. the samsung, well, did not AND in general I felt the picture looked better on these movies.

I also watched sports for a bit. Both were comparable, but the grass blur-ing that some have seen wasn't nearly as noticeable on the samsung. I gave the nod to the Samsung.

Tizen... pretty snappy. I miss android already. (I even liked how WebOS 2.0 works better than tizen). However, it's tolerable and pretty easy to deal with. Just could be better. The remote is ok. slightly better than the sony for me, but mostly a wash.

Plex has DD out. wish I could run kodi on it, but eh. I have a HTPC for that if I want it.

Seems like CEC/ARC work about the same. Sony had more control over what the TV does in this regard. Edge to Sony.

Overall, I gave up on the Sony due to the blue edges. Getting the Sammy for $200 more was a deal I couldn't pass up. I'd have paid $400 more to not deal with the edge issues on the 65".

That said, I looked at the 810c while I was picking this up. If that would have been out when I first started with the Sony, I would have got it. I really couldn't see the color difference (maybe a bit). I even generally thought it looked better in the 65" size range than the 850c. And NO DAMN BLUE EDGES! After seeing three more of them in stores ALL with the same issue, enough is enough.

Anyway, the Sony goes back today. I just boxed it up and the thought occurred that I totally forgot to factory reset it Dumbass! lol

For those of you with blue edge issues, (McLingo, this means you), TAKE IT BACK.
what panel version is your sammy's?
post #5325 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmscs View Post

what panel version is your sammy's?
Ih02
kevinmscs likes this.
post #5326 of 14988 Old 10-25-2015, 10:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No the 65 is VA.
From what someone else posted all three (55/65/75) are VA.

post #5327 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well what should i buy both the 65JU7100 and 65X8505c is on sale for the same price around 2000usd in Sweden.

Cant make up my mind what is the best buy.

I know both are HDR compatible but sony also has WCG.
post #5328 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 04:04 AM

Quote:

Samsung dont currently have flat screen comparable TV in the UK at 65inches, the nearest one is the JU7000 which where doesnt have the sony problems does have its own, poorer blacks and loads of 3D cross talk. Sony do have the JS9000 which is now available in 55 but there is no 65" version yet.

My TV is wall mounted so curves are out of the question. too much 3D cross talk on the panny TV's as well, apparentlly the LG OLED TV's are coming down in price soon, if I can get the F950V for under 3k I might for for that.

For now i've got a workable picture with my recent presets.
post #5329 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

I got a replacement set for my 65X850C TV due to the blooming issue and after having installed the new one.. It still has blooming. A bit less on this one but definitely still visible. My conclusion is that all panels of this TV have the problem to a varying degree, I just think people have different tolerance levels to this kind of problem. I can live with the problem now and will settle for this one. In retrospect I would have gotten a Samsung instead though.
post #5330 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynolf View Post
I got a replacement set for my 65X850C TV due to the blooming issue and after having installed the new one.. It still has blooming. A bit less on this one but definitely still visible. My conclusion is that all panels of this TV have the problem to a varying degree, I just think people have different tolerance levels to this kind of problem. I can live with the problem now and will settle for this one. In retrospect I would have gotten a Samsung instead though.
I agree. I have seen at least 7 sets now that all had it. I also felt that the edge discoloration got worse after the firmware updates, which may be why the ones in the stores looked better. But yes, I haven't seen one 65" that didn't have it. Even one of the salesmen said he had the 65 and didn't see it. I said "don't go looking for it then!"

It was pissing me off too much and I still had a return window.

that said, the HDMI-CEC controls were MUCH better in the sony. Sammy works, but is really cumbersome. I'll have to rethink my connections.

post #5331 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hey Guys,

I have 2 55x850c's to choose from. Do these sony's have different panel manufacturers like Samsung? Is there one that could be better than the other? If so does the serial number have the panel mfg in it?

Thanks,
post #5332 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1234 View Post
Hey Guys,

I have 2 55x850c's to choose from. Do these sony's have different panel manufacturers like Samsung? Is there one that could be better than the other? If so does the serial number have the panel mfg in it?

Thanks,
Sony sources all their panels from the same factory for a particular size.. Unlike Samsung...
post #5333 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Sony sources all their panels from the same factory for a particular size.. Unlike Samsung...

oh ok cool! I originally got one and it had noticeable clouding. The second one I got is better for clouding. Just not sure if the colours and gradient banding are worse.....maybe its all in my head. If they are the same mfg then it must be in my head?

Thanks!
post #5334 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:

Enjoy the Samsung.... I'll be enjoying my Sony !!!!
arftech and sirkonsta1 like this.
post #5335 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey everyone, I need an opinion on something.
I got a 65x850 as an open box at bestbuy, I started to notice that I'm getting some pretty good blue edges on both left and right side... I got the TV for 1850.00. So my question is how show I handle this? If I return it I wont be able to get a new 65x850 for a while, but if I keep it I'll be staring at the edges half the time. What would you guys do? Should I return it call Sony, or what ? Thanks
post #5336 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub25 View Post
I got a 65x850 as an open box at bestbuy, I started to notice that I'm getting some pretty good blue edges on both left and right side... I got the TV for 1850.00. So my question is how show I handle this? If I return it I wont be able to get a new 65x850 for a while, but if I keep it I'll be staring at the edges half the time. What would you guys do? Should I return it call Sony, or what ? Thanks
If it bothers you return it and save up for the one you really want.

Al

Oppo UDP-203, Anthem AVM50V 3D, Proceed Amp 3, B&K ST-125.2, Cary Audio 306/200, Apple TV 4K, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Mk2 W Bridge2, Audeze LCD-2 F 2016, Mac Mini-Tidal HiFi/Roon, Apple iPad Pro/Roon Remote, Sony XBR65X930C, Sonus faber Luito Towers, Sonus faber Luito Monitors, Sonus faber Smart Center Channel, REL T2, Sony SWF-BR100W Wireless Subwoofer for 930C
post #5337 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 309
I notice a lot of the complaints seem to come from those who bought their 850Cs from Best Buy. I bought my XBR-65X850C through Amazon, who arranged delivery and installation. The picture quality is superb, but I use it as a monitor. The signal is via HDMI-1 from an Oppo BDP-105 to the Sony. Sources are either a DirecTV HD Mini (connected to our WiFi) that inputs to the Oppo via HDMI or Blu-ray played by the Oppo. In either case, the picture quality is beyond reproach as far as I'm concerned. Balanced audio from the Oppo goes to a Parasound A 21 amp that drives a pair of KEF LS50s, so the sound is a good as the picture.

I'm looking forward to a reasonably priced 100" panel to replace the projection setup in our media room.

db
post #5338 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakerInWA View Post
Enjoy the Samsung.... I'll be enjoying my Sony !!!!

So far I am! the freakin CEC was sooooo much easier on the sony. but, so far so good. Will see how it goes over the next few weeks

post #5339 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub25 View Post
Call sony, see what they say. You'll get at least one "it's within spec". tell them no. it's bad.

while dealing w/ sony, find something else. I doubt that you'll find one without blue edges. Some just have it worse than others.

I couldn't deal with it and got something else. (see my signature for test clips and examples)

post #5340 of 14988 Old 10-26-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Call sony, see what they say. You'll get at least one "it's within spec". tell them no. it's bad.

while dealing w/ sony, find something else. I doubt that you'll find one without blue edges. Some just have it worse than others.

I couldn't deal with it and got something else. (see my signature for test clips and examples)
I think most people here now believe there are no perfect 65 inch models out there, there are just degrees of this problem, keep replacing it until you find one you can live with or get a refund, those are you only real choices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k suhd , android , firmware , hdr , ir blaster , reboot , XBR-55X850C , xbr-65x850c xbr-75x850c

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page