Sony 2015 XBR-55X850C / XBR-65X850C / XBR-75X850C owners club - Page 196 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11975Likes

post #5851 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does this TV have the twin view option with the new firmware update? I would like to be able to watch tv from a HDMI port, and game on the other screen using HDMI via XBOX one or PS4. Cant find any information online about it since it just came out.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5852 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWizzu View Post
Does this TV have the twin view option with the new firmware update? I would like to be able to watch tv from a HDMI port, and game on the other screen using HDMI via XBOX one or PS4. Cant find any information online about it since it just came out.

Thanks!
Yes, but there are the common limitations for the two picture sources.

When the main picture source is a TV program or video input, the sub picture source can be:
- HDMI input (video format)

When the main picture source is an HDMI input (video format or PC
format), the sub picture source can be:
- TV program (tuner)
- Video input (composite)

Disclaimer: I don't endorse any particular brand. Purchasing electronics is a compromise.
Brand selection may not be a main consideration.
post #5853 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How You Break A Guys Heart ... in 65inches

Just executed a purchase on the 850C in 65". Get it home in all its glory. Like a new born babe, it was swaddled, and unsheathed lovingly. Then I find this. As the pics show, there is no damage whatsoever to the outside of the unit, nor its styrofoam. This was clearly done at the factory. I'm disgusted, disappointed, etc., etc. Gonna make a trip to BB in the morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3564.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1078794   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3569.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1078802   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3570.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1078810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3571.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1078818   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3572.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1078826  

Name:	IMG_3573.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1078834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3583.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1078842   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3576.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1078850  

Dont argue with fools. people from a distance cant tell who is who.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5854 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korat View Post
Back on Nov 8th I picked up an 65" X810C and could not believe how terrible the blacks were (they were GREY at best). After one day of playing with it, I took it back and exchanged it for one of these 65" X850C. It's so much better! After messing with it for a few hours I was able to calibrate it so that it looked as good or better than my old "calibrated" Sony 52" XBR6 LCD from 2007. Coming from Hollywood as a video engineer that works on the content we all watch, it's nice to see content look almost exactly how I remember it looking on set when I shot it. (or at least as close as compressed video can look when compared to the real uncompressed stuff I see all day at work.) The black levels are very even and I'm not seeing any of the blue edges. I have noticed a bit of odd brightness changes in some scenes that I know were not there when we shot it, but that could just be the Auto Contrast Adjustment thing. I think I have that on Low, but may try turning it off to see if this goes away. Have been to busy at work to play with it much. (16 hour days ) I'm also happy to see that Sony changed "Brightness" to "Black Level" since that is what it's always meant to me anyway, and reused the Brightness name for backlight. I just wish they had also changed Contrast to what it real is, "White Level or Gain"... My wife was also able to go to BB and get them to price match the TV at the new $1799 price, so we got $400 back! Thank You BB!

I'm very picky about image quality and would recommend this TV to anyone. Sure the black levels are still not as good as the OLED monitors we use on set, but the value at $1799 is unparalleled. My old 52" XBR6 cost $2899 in 2007!
Care to share your PQ settings, being as you are in the industry and such?

Dont argue with fools. people from a distance cant tell who is who.
post #5855 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenng View Post
I ordered the Sony XBR-55X850C and it should be delivered this Friday!
Cool. Great set. The updates will initially take hours so be prepared.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
post #5856 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 11:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgemboandislic View Post
I have the 55x850c and it's freezing a lot as well, I need to restart it quite frequently. I have the latest update (I was hoping it would solve my problems), but it's pretty much the same.

Do you think it is just a faulty sample and I could replace it for a better one? The thing is, I don't want to go through the hassle of replacement only to get the same result in the end.
AFAIK the new TV's are built like a computer and create heat thus creating freezes & glitches. Software bugs can also be a contributor. I would look at your set up location and see if there is adequate ventilation initially then do a complete reset before any though of exchange b/c as you mentioned the replacement could be worse or the same.

In the JS9500 thread that I frequent a poster mentioned his OCB overheating, but I think he has an older model HU9000 or so with the new OCB.

Last edited by timc1475; 11-24-2015 at 11:21 PM.
post #5857 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 11:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post
I gave up on the 65" a while ago and got a samsung. I was in the same store yesterday and the sales dude stated that they re-sold both units I returned for the blue edges... Just pointing out that some people will buy anything if it's "on sale".
I often wondered what happened to all of those misfit returned TV's...

Which reminds me Christmas is next month already!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Misfit toys.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1078898  
Danabw likes this.

post #5858 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggstuu View Post
Just executed a purchase on the 850C in 65". Get it home in all its glory. Like a new born babe, it was swaddled, and unsheathed lovingly. Then I find this. As the pics show, there is no damage whatsoever to the outside of the unit, nor its styrofoam. This was clearly done at the factory. I'm disgusted, disappointed, etc., etc. Gonna make a trip to BB in the morning.
Wow. Just wow. SMH With the box in perfect condition that elude to a factory issue but even that may be a stretch. Wonder if there was some foul play from point A to B? Anyway it don't matter at this point, just get yourself another and you'll be right as rain & put this debacle far behind you.

I am well aware of the stress and turmoil and excitement a new 4k set can create pre-delivery & setup as for most we can only afford this after many years.

post #5859 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Lurker turned member here. Semi serious AV enthusiast, just picked up the 65" 850c and I do like it.

Mostly a gamer here (ps4/xbox1), but enjoy directv, blu ray, streaming, etc.

So, with the HDR "mode" is that like a pseudo setting you can use for any content? If you play a native HDR feed, will the TV automatically switch into HDR mode?

I bought this TV as it was this or the JS8500, and mine had blue corners. I don't remember seeing a dedicated HDR mode on that tv, but it could have been there (only had it for 48 hours.)

My question is this.. Is the Sony's HDR mode just like a preset on the display settings or does it truly change the way the tv present an image. I'm trying to understand how a tv would be able to get dark enough with a direct lighting system.

Either way, it's a damn fine television and I do like it. Any tips on how to reduce DSE would be appreciated. Not like it's a MAJOR issue, but it was pretty common on the Toshiba 42HL67 720p lcd that precedes my new set. I know that set is over 8 years old now.
post #5860 of 14941 Old 11-24-2015, 11:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalgulby View Post
Lurker turned member here. Semi serious AV enthusiast, just picked up the 65" 850c and I do like it.

So, with the HDR "mode" is that like a pseudo setting you can use for any content? If you play a native HDR feed, will the TV automatically switch into HDR mode?

I bought this TV as it was this or the JS8500, and mine had blue corners. I don't remember seeing a dedicated HDR mode on that tv, but it could have been there (only had it for 48 hours.)

My question is this.. Is the Sony's HDR mode just like a preset on the display settings or does it truly change the way the tv present an image. I'm trying to understand how a tv would be able to get dark enough with a direct lighting system.

Either way, it's a damn fine television and I do like it. Any tips on how to reduce DSE would be appreciated. Not like it's a MAJOR issue, but it was pretty common on the Toshiba 42HL67 720p lcd that precedes my new set. I know that set is over 8 years old now.
The DSE "effect" mostly seen during panning is inherent in nearly all LCD panels, some more, some less. It's due to the layers of the design and manufacturing process AFAIK. If it's curved the DSE can be enhanced even more if the tolerances & specs are not closely monitored during fabrication.

It's one of the tradeoffs compared to say oled. Yeah oled has the best blacks and less DSE but the lifespan and other issues for me makes the LCD panel a no brainer at least until oled matures. There will never be a perfect display. IMO

Some have had success in "lightly" massaging the screen with a new & clean microfiber cloth in the areas of most concern.

post #5861 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Care to share your PQ settings, being as you are in the industry and such?
Sure thing.

Light sensor: off
Brightness: MIN (I know it seams crazy, but a movie theater screen target brightness is only 16 foot-lamberts maybe 22 on the high end.)
Contrast: 90
Gamma: 0
Black Level: 52
Black Adjust: off
Adv. contrast enhancer: Low (I may turn this off)
Color: 53
Hue: 0
Color temperature: Expert 1
Adv. color temperature: adj per your TVs panel
Color space: BT.709 (everything we shoot is 709 so far)
Live Color: Low
Sharpness: 50
everything else in clarity off
Motion flow: custom (still playing with this)
Smoothness: Min
Clearness: 1
CineMotion: off
post #5862 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Sure thing.

Brightness: MIN (I know it seams crazy, but a movie theater screen target brightness is only 16 foot-lamberts maybe 22 on the high end.)

I'm curious, why contrast of 90? vs maximum?

SONY 75X850C | YAMAHA RX-A2050 | 5 DAYTON AUDIO APA150 | KLIPSCH RP 5.2.4
post #5863 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone!

I just purchased the XBR-65X850C!

For me it was a big deal to get a TV this nice but i am kinda having buyers remorse.

I noticed the Samsung JS7100 was marked down to the same price for blackfriday sales

and i am wondering if i should send the 65x850c back to bestbuy to get the JS7100

I spend most of my time watching movies and playing ps4 and xbox one.

Ive read so many different opinions on the tv's my head is spinning.

So here are my questions. When i was playing halo 5 last night i felt like i could feel the slightest bit of input lag.

I have the TV in game mode is there anything else i need to do to reduce the input lag?

Another thing i noticed that was horrible was when watching cable TV (i have FIOS)

SD channels looked super grainy and i couldn't get the image to fit properly on the TV.

The only setting that made it full screen was ZOOMED but when i accessed my cable box UI it was zoomed in as well and i would have

to change the picture back to normal to see the menu. Are there any settings within the TV im missing to fix any of these issues?

Thanks for you're time guys look forward to hearing some feedback.
post #5864 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timc1475 View Post
Cool. Great set. The updates will initially take hours so be prepared.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!

Steven
post #5865 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM88 View Post
does anyone have any HDR calibration settings for the 55x850c ? from what you can calibrate
Not that I've seen.

Quote:
That is about as sad as a sick puppy. Wow. I would like to be a fly on the wall when that one comes back into the distribution center and gets reviewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalgulby View Post

This article provides a good explanation:

http://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-hdr...ould-you-care/

It's source content and TV/settings related, so no, you can't just select HDR picture mode on all your content and have an HDR picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvanized View Post
Hello everyone!

For me it was a big deal to get a TV this nice but i am kinda having buyers remorse.

I noticed the Samsung JS7100 was marked down to the same price for blackfriday sales

and i am wondering if i should send the 65x850c back to bestbuy to get the JS7100

So here are my questions. When i was playing halo 5 last night i felt like i could feel the slightest bit of input lag.

I have the TV in game mode is there anything else i need to do to reduce the input lag?

Another thing i noticed that was horrible was when watching cable TV (i have FIOS)

SD channels looked super grainy and i couldn't get the image to fit properly on the TV.

The only setting that made it full screen was ZOOMED but when i accessed my cable box UI it was zoomed in as well and i would have

to change the picture back to normal to see the menu. Are there any settings within the TV im missing to fix any of these issues?

Sounds like you need to look at the output resolution settings of your FIOS box...I have Time Warner, box is set to output w/out any up/downscaling, so HD channels are either 720p/1080p and look very good to great, SD channels are at 480i and look good, but you are limited by the quality of the input - an old grainy movie on TMC ain't gonna upscale to 4K as well as 720p/1080p content. GIGO is still the rule even w/the excellent upscaling engine on these televisions.

2015 Sony X850C FAQ: Recommended Picture settings, 3D FAQ, HDR FAQ, DirecTV 4K Ready FAQ, Troubleshooting & common problems; Dropbox Link || Alternate Google Drive FAQ Link. || My gear: TV - Sony XBR75X850C, BD - Sony BDP S350, AVR - Pioneer VSX-1020, Speakers - RBH MC-616C MKII Center Channel, RBH MC-6C MKII Bookshelf (fronts), RBH MC-615 In-ceiling surrounds, RBH TS-10AP 200W self-powered sub.
post #5866 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
I'm curious, why contrast of 90? vs maximum?
I really can't remember why I left it at 90. I'm still playing around with settings, so it may end up at Max still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvanized View Post
Hello everyone!

I think the TVs input lag is around 39ms. (in Game mode)
SD channels will never look good upscaled and at 65" so don't watch SD. I haven't watched an SD channel in years.

Last edited by Korat; 11-26-2015 at 05:06 PM.
post #5867 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sony has updated the FW update section of their support pages to include the most recent FW update.

The info provided is less than was reported by an owner who said that he talked on the phone w/several support personnel to get a list of changes in the current update. What he said support told him was in the update:

• enchanced PIP mode
  • improved WiFi connectivity
  • improved support for NetFlix 4k
  • improved Playstation support
  • improved picture quality"

What it says on the 75X850C support page at https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...d#/downloadTab

UPDATE System Software Update Release Date 11/24/2015 Version PKG3.017.0080NAB File Size 1.13 GB

File Description: Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version PKG3.017.0080NAB) provides the following benefits over older version PKG2.475.0010NAB:

• Adds Twin Picture (PAP function) support
  • Improves general software quality of the TV

Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG3.017.0080NAB:
  • Improves general performance of the TV
  • Supports PlayMemories Online service
  • Supports PlayStation™ Now service
  • Improves Wi-Fi connectivity of the TV
  • Improves picture quality (dynamic range, noise reduction, sharpness)
  • Supports Netflix® streaming service (4K Models)
  • Improves Lip Sync for HDMI input
  • Improves performance and stability of the USB video playback features
  • Resolves a condition where a black screen and no sound may occur when an input changes from YouTube® to another input
  • Resolves a condition where a black screen may occur during USB video playback
  • Supports Internet based EPG (Electronic program guide)
  • Supports Netflix streaming service (2K Models)
  • Supports Amazon, Pandora®, and Crackle™ applications
  • Supports Force Reboot by holding down the Power key on the BT or IR remote controller
  • Improves performance and stability of overall UI operation
  • Improves performance and stability of the Action Menu

2015 Sony X850C FAQ: Recommended Picture settings, 3D FAQ, HDR FAQ, DirecTV 4K Ready FAQ, Troubleshooting & common problems; Dropbox Link || Alternate Google Drive FAQ Link. || My gear: TV - Sony XBR75X850C, BD - Sony BDP S350, AVR - Pioneer VSX-1020, Speakers - RBH MC-616C MKII Center Channel, RBH MC-6C MKII Bookshelf (fronts), RBH MC-615 In-ceiling surrounds, RBH TS-10AP 200W self-powered sub.

Last edited by Danabw; 11-25-2015 at 10:03 AM.
post #5868 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Got my 65x850C this morning.... Manufacture date NOV 2015
I am using a strong cable signal...
for best video and color... I am finding vivid is good, and should my HDMI port be enhanced? That seems to make a difference...

Also.. when I was in the store.... the sony rep was able to get to my schwab.com account by using a browser... I cannot find that browser... were do I find that..

Last question, for now.... what is the USB things they plugged in the back with the little dots attached...

Thank you... and thank you for helping me pick this TV... I see not banding so far... comers look uniform so far...but have not done tests yet... just playing with everything..
post #5869 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sure thing.

I added your settings to the C series calibration spreadsheet (see link in my sig).

Can you please clarify - are you using Cinema Pro picture mode, or ? Let me know if you see any errors in what I entered for your settings.

- Picture mode?

Last edited by Danabw; 11-25-2015 at 11:09 AM.
post #5870 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
I added your settings to the C series calibration spreadsheet (see link in my sig).

Can you please clarify - are you using Cinema Pro picture mode, or ? Let me know if you see any errors in what I entered for your settings.

- Picture mode?
I originally setup it up in Cinema Pro mode, but also use the same exact settings when in Game mode. I have yet to play with any other picture modes.

Last edited by Korat; 11-25-2015 at 11:29 AM.
post #5871 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sounds to me like the 39ms input lag is rather high. Last years SONY TV's were averaging 24ms input latency. I'm to assume the shift over to an android based system has caused a spike in the input system processing.
post #5872 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Sounds like you need to look at the output resolution settings of your FIOS box...I have Time Warner, box is set to output w/out any up/downscaling, so HD channels are either 720p/1080p and look very good to great, SD channels are at 480i and look good, but you are limited by the quality of the input - an old grainy movie on TMC ain't gonna upscale to 4K as well as 720p/1080p content. GIGO is still the rule even w/the excellent upscaling engine on these televisions.
What model Time Warner receiver are you using that you get 1080p output?

Disclaimer: I don't endorse any particular brand. Purchasing electronics is a compromise.
Brand selection may not be a main consideration.
post #5873 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Question Definitive Answer on X850C 8 or 10 bit panel?

I've been searching for a definitive answer on whether the X850C has an 8 or 10 bit panel. The thread below says 10 bit, but it's from a call with a Sony rep and there's nothing in writing. And others on this thread have been more equivocal. Can anyone help confirm one way or another?

I'm leaning toward the 65X850C primarily for HDR capability and thought that the firmware update with HDR meant it was 10 bit. If it's actually 8 bit, that would make a significant difference and sway me to the 65JS8500, which is I've seen in many places claiming to be 10 bit (and just $200 more right now).

AVSFORUMSdotcom/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1836490-sony-2015-x900c-x910c-x930c-x940c-x850c-x830c-3.html
post #5874 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeper View Post
typo, sorry, meant 1080I.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

post #5875 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 21
So let's say a guy buys one of these units and does not connect to web. is it possible/practical to download the software/firmware updates via PC to a card or USB stick and apply to the TV this way?
post #5876 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
So let's say a guy buys one of these units and does not connect to web. is it possible/practical to download the software/firmware updates via PC to a card or USB stick and apply to the TV this way?
Yup.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...d#/downloadTab

post #5877 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeper View Post
Quote:
typo, sorry, meant 1080I.

I have Comcast cable X1 platform and the resolutions they show available are: 490i SD> 480p SD >720p HD >1080i HD >1080p at 60Hz HD = Best.

I can tell you there is a huge difference between 720 & 1080i and the 1080p format. The 1080p at 60Hz which they added earlier this year looks nearly 4k especially if they shot it with decent equipment initially and 90% of content is. IMO

Soon they will begin transmitting 4k with the xi4 then in 2016 4k HDR with the xi5 box AFAIK.

post #5878 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have the Sony 65X850C and the Vizio 65M C1 hooked up side by side...
I just picked a program Ellen, looking at the two TV's I had to put the Sony in Vivid to get the picture of the Vizio.
Colors are great... darks are not as dark.. but not a big deal..
The biggest thing I notice is for example... a close up on a face on the Vizio, you could see more detail in the face,,, almost like the pours, and on the Sony the face is more soft.
I have looked at the spreadsheets, but I cannot find the one for the 850c..
Guess also, I am afraid to mess around too much because I am a beginner...
Can someone help point me to a good setting for all over viewing with the 850C,,,, we think that is the one we want to keep... we like the bells and whistles and voice stuff.

Now judge judy is on...... on the Vizio I can see her wrinkles, on the Sony she has a smoother completion.

Is there an internet browser on this unit?

Last edited by mdbill2001; 11-25-2015 at 02:04 PM. Reason: additional
post #5879 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j59337 View Post
I've been searching for a definitive answer on whether the X850C has an 8 or 10 bit panel. The thread below says 10 bit, but it's from a call with a Sony rep and there's nothing in writing. And others on this thread have been more equivocal. Can anyone help confirm one way or another?

I'm leaning toward the 65X850C primarily for HDR capability and thought that the firmware update with HDR meant it was 10 bit. If it's actually 8 bit, that would make a significant difference and sway me to the 65JS8500, which is I've seen in many places claiming to be 10 bit (and just $200 more right now).

AVSFORUMSdotcom/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1836490-sony-2015-x900c-x910c-x930c-x940c-x850c-x830c-3.html
Finally got an answer from Sony.com customer chat. It's an 8 bit panel

Server Message: 4:10:15 PM
Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly.
Pascal (C91W): 4:10:31 PM
Thank you for contacting the Sony Video and Sound Chat Support. My name is Pascal. Kindly give me a minute or two while I review your concern.
Pascal (C91W): 4:10:43 PM
Could you please elaborate the issue?
You: 4:10:58 PM
I'm just trying to find out the native bitrate (8 bit or 10 bit) for the panel on the X850C
Pascal (C91W): 4:16:08 PM
The Native panel bit refresh rate: 120Hz
You: 4:17:04 PM
Thanks. But I understand that panels are either 8 bit or 10 bit and I'm trying to figure out which one the X850C has.
You: 4:17:16 PM
Can you let me know?
Pascal (C91W): 4:18:11 PM
It has 8 bit.
post #5880 of 14941 Old 11-25-2015, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbill2001 View Post
I have the Sony 65X850C and the Vizio 65M C1 hooked up side by side...
I just picked a program Ellen, looking at the two TV's I had to put the Sony in Vivid to get the picture of the Vizio.
Colors are great... darks are not as dark.. but not a big deal..
The biggest thing I notice is for example... a close up on a face on the Vizio, you could see more detail in the face,,, almost like the pours, and on the Sony the face is more soft.
I have looked at the spreadsheets, but I cannot find the one for the 850c..
Guess also, I am afraid to mess around too much because I am a beginner...
Can someone help point me to a good setting for all over viewing with the 850C,,,, we think that is the one we want to keep... we like the bells and whistles and voice stuff.

Now judge judy is on...... on the Vizio I can see her wrinkles, on the Sony she has a smoother completion.

Is there an internet browser on this unit?
OK, so it sounds to me that looking at the Vizio M series side by side with the Sony 850C, the Vizio has better black levels and a more detailed picture. I am shopping both of these TV's so I am interested in your impressions. I am leaning towards the Vizio at this point but I am a long time Sony owner (My beautiful 60NX810 is still going strong). I absolutely despise flashlighting and clouding, so I am very hesitant to buy an edge lit set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k suhd , android , firmware , hdr , ir blaster , reboot , XBR-55X850C , xbr-65x850c xbr-75x850c

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page