Sony 2015 XBR-55X850C / XBR-65X850C / XBR-75X850C owners club - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12022Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 15064 Old 05-03-2015, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Carlos_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,482
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheGeek View Post
Hi !

No idea if it is the same exact model, but it does look like the same.

- It does not have a webcam, compared to the 850B that did have one it's kind of a letdown. There is not Skype app available yet so I cannot test if any camera is compatible.

- It's not really good I gotta say... But it seems to vary from source to source. I cannot say it's better than on the 2014 models honestly.

- Yes it does come with the one-flick remote.

- I don't have a sound bar, but putting it behind the stand would almost mean putting it behind the TV. The stand creates only a little bit more than 2 inches of vertical space between the furniture and the bottom of the TV bezel.

- I did not have a chance to try either as Amazon is not available in Canada and the Netflix app is not there yet.

Let me know if you have more questions !
Did you see the firmware update notice I posted? The new firmware mentions Netflix. Run software update on your TV.
Carlos_E is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 15064 Old 05-03-2015, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
Did you see the firmware update notice I posted? The new firmware mentions Netflix. Run software update on your TV.
Sadly it's for 2K models only. Per your post :

"Supports Netflix® streaming service (2K Models Only)"

I'm already up to date, but no Netflix yet.

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #33 of 15064 Old 05-03-2015, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Carlos_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,482
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheGeek View Post
Sadly it's for 2K models only. Per your post :

"Supports Netflix® streaming service (2K Models Only)"

I'm already up to date, but no Netflix yet.
Ahh, I see. That sucks.
Carlos_E is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 15064 Old 05-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 91
For people considering the purchase of a 4k TV for the first time I'm starting to think that finances aren't the only consideration to take into account. At least to a certain extent the style of programming that a person most likes to watch should also have an impact.

Just recently I saw the latest Avengers movie, which I let my brother drag me to. (Really, it wasn't my fault.) 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' may well have been a great film, but as I'm a serious drama fan in his mid-60s I was bored to death by it within 10 minutes. With that in mind, it seems to me that the 4k TV I'd want would be one with natural, life-like color, and not the candy-cane colors of Samsung. And on the expense side I have a feeling that I wouldn't really care about HDR, and a FALD unit wouldn't matter, as a small amount of edge-light bleeding wouldn't matter to me when I'm concerned with the fates of characters on the screen.

All of which is to say that I believe a TV like the Sony 65" 850c should fill the bill. It would have what I want without giving me expensive frills that I wouldn't really care about, and my dealer has told me that in the near future Sony is going to have it on sale for $2,599. That seems like just what I want for my entertainment needs, but is there a flaw in my thinking? By all means, feel free to paste me on this.

P.S. -- I just wrote a post asking why no one can make an all-frills 4k TV at an affordable price. After seeing the Avengers movie I have a feeling that it was really a pointless letter.
4kfan is offline  
post #35 of 15064 Old 05-03-2015, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dalto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,686
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1292 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kfan View Post
All of which is to say that I believe a TV like the Sony 65" 850c should fill the bill. It would have what I want without giving me expensive frills that I wouldn't really care about, and my dealer has told me that in the near future Sony is going to have it on sale for $2,599. That seems like just what I want for my entertainment needs, but is there a flaw in my thinking? By all means, feel free to paste me on this.
IMO the biggest thing you probably are getting by stepping up is going to be better contrast and greatly improved built-in sound. If greyish blacks freak you out than you should upgrade. If you don't have a sound system already than the built-in speakers are probably going to be impactful. I find that quality sound impacts me just as much if not more than the picture. If these items are not critical to you, then probably not worth it given the difference in price.

Of course, that is just speculation based on the specs since we haven't actually seen these two TV's. It could turn out totally different
dalto is offline  
post #36 of 15064 Old 05-04-2015, 05:39 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownuser200 View Post
so how are upscaling on hd tv channels
Overall the picture quality is great - I am comparing to my old Samsung set, so anything is an improvement).

I am not sure how to tell if up-converting is actually on and working. Will go through the settings today and see if there is anything.
Gunslinger_11 is offline  
post #37 of 15064 Old 05-04-2015, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Carlos_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,482
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger_11 View Post
Overall the picture quality is great - I am comparing to my old Samsung set, so anything is an improvement).

I am not sure how to tell if up-converting is actually on and working. Will go through the settings today and see if there is anything.
Up conversion is always on. Every none 4K signal is up converted then displayed on the TV. It's not something you can turn on and off.
Carlos_E is offline  
post #38 of 15064 Old 05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Member
 
ca4224's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger_11 View Post
Overall the picture quality is great - I am comparing to my old Samsung set, so anything is an improvement).

I am not sure how to tell if up-converting is actually on and working. Will go through the settings today and see if there is anything.
Is the panel type in the service menu at all? Or have we confirmed that the XBR55X850C is a VA panel?
ca4224 is offline  
post #39 of 15064 Old 05-05-2015, 06:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: London
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger_11 View Post
Overall the picture quality is great - I am comparing to my old Samsung set, so anything is an improvement).
Was your old Samsung a 4k tv? I am interested in comparing the upscaling of the x85c to other 4k tv's. Especially 720 signals.

Also, I think I read somewhere it's possible to use a PS4 controller with an Android TV. Has anyone done this yet?
jonny_guitar is offline  
post #40 of 15064 Old 05-05-2015, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_guitar View Post
Also, I think I read somewhere it's possible to use a PS4 controller with an Android TV. Has anyone done this yet?
The Playstation Now app has not been released yet, so for now there's no option anywhere to connect a Dualshock...

It works with the Google Nexus Player gamepad though...

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #41 of 15064 Old 05-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_guitar View Post
Was your old Samsung a 4k tv? I am interested in comparing the upscaling of the x85c to other 4k tv's. Especially 720 signals.

Also, I think I read somewhere it's possible to use a PS4 controller with an Android TV. Has anyone done this yet?
No, sadly, my Samsung set was 1080p 120hz.
Gunslinger_11 is offline  
post #42 of 15064 Old 05-05-2015, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Please note I did some 3D testing since receiving the glasses and I'm really happy with what I saw.

Well... I hate the glasses though, there are terrible for people with glasses already as they are not big enough and I end up with a large frame in my field of view which is really less than ideal.

Once forgotten though, the 3D performance looks great to me, the best 3D I experienced on an home TV with a very good sense of depth. No crosstalk issue as it was the case with the 850B (well before the last firmware at least).

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #43 of 15064 Old 05-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Member
 
ca4224's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For those with the 55C850C (not sure if it matters what size), what is the height between tabletop and bezel with the new stand? Looking at the new Sony CT780 soundbar and its 2.2 inches.
ca4224 is offline  
post #44 of 15064 Old 05-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: London
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheGeek View Post
Please note I did some 3D testing since receiving the glasses and I'm really happy with what I saw.

Well... I hate the glasses though, there are terrible for people with glasses already as they are not big enough and I end up with a large frame in my field of view which is really less than ideal.

Once forgotten though, the 3D performance looks great to me, the best 3D I experienced on an home TV with a very good sense of depth. No crosstalk issue as it was the case with the 850B (well before the last firmware at least).
Hi there. I have a few more Qs!

1. Is there an option for auto 3d? (ie, making 3d out of standard 2d signals?)

2. I've seen a screen grab of Android TV and saw there was option for "set top box control". What does this mean? How do STBs intregrate and work alongside the Android TV interface?

3. Has there been an update in the last few days? I am particularly interested in Skype, Netflix (4K), Amazon (4k), Ultraflix and Spotify.

4. Do you use the voice control much, or is it a gimmick? Is it always listening, or do you first have to push a button on the remote, then talk?

5. Lastly I am a big fan of Formula One and the UK channel "Sky F1 HD". This is a 720p satellite channel. I'm hoping this will upscale fairly well but who knows! Has anyone seen much sport on it yet?
jonny_guitar is offline  
post #45 of 15064 Old 05-06-2015, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Some answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_guitar View Post
1. Is there an option for auto 3d? (ie, making 3d out of standard 2d signals?)
I don't see the simulated 3D feature as I did with previous Sony TVs, all I see is the capability to active it for side by side or one under the other images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_guitar View Post
2. I've seen a screen grab of Android TV and saw there was option for "set top box control". What does this mean? How do STBs intregrate and work alongside the Android TV interface?
There is an IR expander module that you can connect that will control your settop box. Then you can configure your provider and get guide access, etc. I did not try this yet though. I will report as soon as I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_guitar View Post
3. Has there been an update in the last few days? I am particularly interested in Skype, Netflix (4K), Amazon (4k), Ultraflix and Spotify.
No update for this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_guitar View Post
4. Do you use the voice control much, or is it a gimmick? Is it always listening, or do you first have to push a button on the remote, then talk?
I don't really, but it's because I'm french Canadian. So either I go in English and it messes because of my accent (can't get rid of it even while working 90% of my time in English) or I use France French which doesn't work because of my accent also... The couples tests I did were cool though to search videos online. But I'd say mostly a gimmick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_guitar View Post
5. Lastly I am a big fan of Formula One and the UK channel "Sky F1 HD". This is a 720p satellite channel. I'm hoping this will upscale fairly well but who knows! Has anyone seen much sport on it yet?
I've been watching the NHL playoffs from a 720p feed and it looks marvelous.

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #46 of 15064 Old 05-06-2015, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Carlos_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,482
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca4224 View Post
For those with the 55C850C (not sure if it matters what size), what is the height between tabletop and bezel with the new stand? Looking at the new Sony CT780 soundbar and its 2.2 inches.
The height of the TV without the stand is 28.5". The height with the stand is 30". So the clearance is 1.5". That would not fit the sound bar.
Carlos_E is offline  
post #47 of 15064 Old 05-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Member
 
ca4224's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
The height of the TV without the stand is 28.5". The height with the stand is 30". So the clearance is 1.5". That would not fit the sound bar.
I don't know why I didn't notice that - thank you. Bummer though...I can't wall mount so of course it makes me wonder why they wouldn't at least have a 2" clearance...Guess I'll find a board to set on tabletop to raise it an inch or 5/8 of an inch. CT770 is 2" vs CT780 being 2.2".

Last edited by ca4224; 05-06-2015 at 10:06 AM.
ca4224 is offline  
post #48 of 15064 Old 05-06-2015, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Carlos_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,482
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca4224 View Post
I don't know why I didn't notice that - thank you. Bummer though...I can't wall mount so of course it makes me wonder why they wouldn't at least have a 2" clearance...Guess I'll find a board to set on tabletop to raise it an inch. CT770 is 2" vs CT780 being 2.2".
There are TV consoles that have a cut out for a sound bar.
Carlos_E is offline  
post #49 of 15064 Old 05-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: London
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Morning!

Any update yet? I think Sony UK must be waiting for the Netflix 4k update before it launches. So annoying!

I was wondering about the picture in picture functionality. Is it possible to have the TV picture from my STB while I bring up a web browser or app in a smaller portion of the screen?
jonny_guitar is offline  
post #50 of 15064 Old 05-07-2015, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_guitar View Post
Morning!

Any update yet? I think Sony UK must be waiting for the Netflix 4k update before it launches. So annoying!

I was wondering about the picture in picture functionality. Is it possible to have the TV picture from my STB while I bring up a web browser or app in a smaller portion of the screen?
Nope no update yet for Netflix.

The Picture in Picture is said to be coming via firmware update later this summer, there is even a message saying this when you click on the PiP button on the remote...

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #51 of 15064 Old 05-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Sdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 28
OK, can someone explain this to me because I am new in smart TV, now that Android TV has come to the TV world, why does the TV have to have an FW update for getting netflix to even show up in the TV?
Sdroid is offline  
post #52 of 15064 Old 05-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
Dick W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Because it's an app and it's broken or not installed at present? Or, perhaps, because it's a "system app" not a "store app"?
Sdroid likes this.
Dick W is offline  
post #53 of 15064 Old 05-07-2015, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdroid View Post
OK, can someone explain this to me because I am new in smart TV, now that Android TV has come to the TV world, why does the TV have to have an FW update for getting netflix to even show up in the TV?
Because the Play Store apps still can control what devices are supported and I imagine Netflix is not yet checked for the 4K Sonys.

So you're right it's not necessary a firmware update, it could only be the app be updated. Or maybe needs a FW update to enable some feature for the apps, depending on the scenario.
Sdroid likes this.

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #54 of 15064 Old 05-07-2015, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ktownhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdroid View Post
OK, can someone explain this to me because I am new in smart TV, now that Android TV has come to the TV world, why does the TV have to have an FW update for getting netflix to even show up in the TV?
Well, firstly, these are kind of "early" release versions of these TVs it seems. Obviously the software isn't finished yet. Secondly, 4k streaming makes use of .h265 decoding and these are the first Android devices to support 4k streaming from Netflix. It is Netflix's responsibility to get a version out that works with the hardware (and OS) correctly, and I'm sure Sony is working closely with them to do it.

Netflix is not a service that is in any way affiliated with Sony...
Sdroid likes this.

Last edited by ktownhero; 05-07-2015 at 09:32 AM.
ktownhero is offline  
post #55 of 15064 Old 05-08-2015, 03:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: London
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownhero View Post
Netflix is not a service that is in any way affiliated with Sony...
In fact there is a Sony/Netflix partnership. This is why there's a Netflix button on the remote, and why Sony are using the Netflix service as a feature on the Sony Store site.
jonny_guitar is offline  
post #56 of 15064 Old 05-08-2015, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ktownhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_guitar View Post
In fact there is a Sony/Netflix partnership. This is why there's a Netflix button on the remote, and why Sony are using the Netflix service as a feature on the Sony Store site.
Netflix has a partnership with every TV and streaming box manufacturer. That's not what I was referring to.

Sent via Tapatalk on the Oneplus One
ktownhero is offline  
post #57 of 15064 Old 05-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I'm getting the XBR-55x850c next week and was wondering if someone has decent calibration settings they could post?
Stevez176 is offline  
post #58 of 15064 Old 05-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Member
 
redsharkwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez176 View Post
I'm getting the XBR-55x850c next week and was wondering if someone has decent calibration settings they could post?
Question - I am curious if you saw the TV prior to purchase and if yes, where?
redsharkwon is offline  
post #59 of 15064 Old 05-08-2015, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
By the way, I posted my initial impressions on my blog, if you're interested. Probably nothing I have not said here as it is a summary and it is not supposed to be a professional review, I don't pretend to have the technical depth to do TV reviews.

Anyway if you are interested here it is : http://www.nextgenhometheater.com/20...65x850c-4k-tv/
spicaly, ERuiz, LDBetaGuy and 1 others like this.

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #60 of 15064 Old 05-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Member
 
redsharkwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheGeek View Post
By the way, I posted my initial impressions on my blog, if you're interested. Probably nothing I have not said here as it is a summary and it is not supposed to be a professional review, I don't pretend to have the technical depth to do TV reviews.

Anyway if you are interested here it is : http://www.nextgenhometheater.com/20...65x850c-4k-tv/
StevetheGeek - checked your blog out - thanks very much. My quandry is that I have on hold, while construction completes a Samsung hu8550 75". So question is should I spend the extra $500 or so on the sony xbr 850C 75". One would think that a 2015 vs 2014 should be worth the extra cash.
redsharkwon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k suhd , android , firmware , hdr , ir blaster , reboot , XBR-55X850C , xbr-65x850c xbr-75x850c

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off