Sony 2015 XBR-55X850C / XBR-65X850C / XBR-75X850C owners club - Page 345 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11975Likes

post #10321 of 14931 Old 03-30-2016, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2119 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by myunk View Post
I'm on my second XBR65X850C, the first one randomly rebooted and had a faint line down the middle of the screen. The set was a month and a half old and Sony replaced it with a refurbished one. Which I am not happy about. This replacement set has the same faint line down the middle and also a black "spot" on the screen. It's not a dead pixel, it's much bigger than that but not huge. Called Sony and I'm waiting to see if they are going to replace with a new set like I wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny...my first set had same dark faint line in middle. Noticed during soccer game when panning camera. I since have seen almost a dozen at various stores and seen it a few more times. Lots of them also had a black speck somewhere on the screen. Again, not s dead pixel per se but seemed to be in between a pair of pixels. Not sure what the deal is but all of these were 65in. Models. I brought a usb stick to the stores with a white, and other color jpg files to they each tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10322 of 14931 Old 03-30-2016, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdjman View Post
By the way - there is a software update due out next week. Not certain what all it will address - but it will, supposedly, address the 3D issue - at least on the 65" set.

This is directly from a bench-tech at Sony...
Hopefully it addresses 5.1 Dolby with the Amazon streaming app, and the time issue.
post #10323 of 14931 Old 03-30-2016, 10:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathright View Post
I am still having trouble getting this to work. I have my video (Bluray, Direct, etc.) going into my Onkyo receiver and I have the ARC output to the TV's HDMI4/ARC input. I have tried turning the TV's speakers off, but I still do not get audio from the TV into my receiver. I have been reading Danabw's spreadsheet, but no luck yet.

One thing I need to figure out is what setting would I set my receiver to for the audio from the TV. From what I understand the HDMI/ARC setting goes both directions. Do I need a special HDMI cable for this. I have high speed one's now. This is why I asked earlier about having to use an optical cable.
did you enable anynet+ on the tv? HDMI-CEC in your AVR?

do you have HDMI4 on the tv connected to the AVR's HDMI ARC OUT?

Is the tv set to use HDMI out for audio? it's not just turning the speakers off.

Is your HDMI cable version 1.3a or newer? if not, it might not work right. you said you have high speed ones, but just checking...

Try toggling the HDMI-CEC settings off then back on again in all all devices, then COMPLETELY pull power to everything then plug them back in.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10324 of 14931 Old 03-30-2016, 10:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
Funny...my first set had same dark faint line in middle. Noticed during soccer game when panning camera. I since have seen almost a dozen at various stores and seen it a few more times. Lots of them also had a black speck somewhere on the screen. Again, not s dead pixel per se but seemed to be in between a pair of pixels. Not sure what the deal is but all of these were 65in. Models. I brought a usb stick to the stores with a white, and other color jpg files to they each tv.
My TV has a cluster of about 5 pixels in the top right corner that I would describe as a bit dimmer than the rest. It's not enough that you can see it at viewing distances, and up close you really need a magnifying glass to tell the difference in brightness.

When I magnify the region it looks like there is schmutz between the physical pixels and the protective layer in front of it.
I've written it off as some idiot with dirty hands during assembly. Considering all the worse things these TVs can have, I can live with it. Mine is at a far edge of the screen. You need to decide if you can live with what you're seeing or if you want to pull the slotmachine's handle one more time.
post #10325 of 14931 Old 03-30-2016, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Same problem here with the 75" version... I do have it connected to a C41 "Mini" it's driving us crazy! Let me know if you find a solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTruman View Post
I'm wondering if someone can help me with an odd issue I'm having. I have a Directv Genie DVR HR34-7000 connected via HDMI to my XBR55X850C. I don't have an external sound system, just using the TV's internal speakers for now.

The issue I'm having is that every time I change channels or select a recorded program from my DVR list, a loud beeping noise comes out. Really loud. If I go into the Directv's audio settings and turn off Dolby Digital (which will enable PCM by default) then the loud noise stays on no matter what I'm doing. I believe this has something to do with the way the TV is receiving the audio encoding especially when the channel changes or a new program is selected. I haven't noticed this on any other sources (PS4 or the included Apps)

Has anyone come across this issue? Is there a setting on the TV that I can change possibly? I noticed when I went to the sound settings for the TV, that PCM option is grayed out in Digital Audio Out, so don't think that's the issue.

Other than that, the TV seems to be pretty good and I'm enjoying the picture quality.
post #10326 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 04:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What 3D issue? I have the 65" 850C and have used it with 3D from the K8500 UHD BD player, a Sony BD player, and a Popcorn Hour VTEN and A400. It has worked great with all those devices with 3D content from BDs and BD ISOs.
I've actually not tried the 3D..but there's a whole lotta folks who aren't happy - lots of cross-talk, etc., and all Sony will say publicly is - you have to use their mondo-expensive glasses..that are evidently difficult to find...and even if you do find them...the issues persist.

I'll have to get some 'compatible' glasses and try it out.
post #10327 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 04:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyD128 View Post
Hopefully it addresses 5.1 Dolby with the Amazon streaming app, and the time issue.
Not sure - trying to get more info about any additional 'fixes' included (or not).
post #10328 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post

Is the tv set to use HDMI out for audio? it's not just turning the speakers off.

Is your HDMI cable version 1.3a or newer? if not, it might not work right. you said you have high speed ones, but just checking...

Try toggling the HDMI-CEC settings off then back on again in all all devices, then COMPLETELY pull power to everything then plug them back in.
Here is the cable I have connected from the receiver to the tv. This item to check is the easy one. I will have to figure out how to do the other items.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Sony XBR-75X850C - Living Room
Samsung UN60J6300AFXZA - Bedroom
post #10329 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Funny...my first set had same dark faint line in middle. Noticed during soccer game when panning camera. I since have seen almost a dozen at various stores and seen it a few more times.
My 65 also has the dim line in the middle of the screen. Also a band that's visible on the bottom right section of the set in darker mustard colours and greyish blues. I noticed them really badly when I first got the set, but I believe I've managed to turn off my thinker and accept it.
post #10330 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here is the cable I have connected from the receiver to the tv. This item to check is the easy one. I will have to figure out how to do the other items.

I had a typo. you need HDMI 1.4 cables or better.

however, your cable appears to specify that it supports ARC. I couldn't tell the actual version of the cable though. Shouldn't be a problem.

post #10331 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carey 2 View Post
My 65 also has the dim line in the middle of the screen. Also a band that's visible on the bottom right section of the set in darker mustard colours and greyish blues. I noticed them really badly when I first got the set, but I believe I've managed to turn off my thinker and accept it.
wonder if anyone has had success trying to massage it out a little with banding. is banding a symptom of direct lit LEDs or do edge lit have this issue too?
post #10332 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kfan View Post
Your post certainly worries me, as I'm in the same boat. In my case, there was enormous edge color-bleeding when playing Blu-ray discs, downloaded movies and YouTube videos, stretching as much as a third of the way across the screen on both sides when showing certain colors and color shades. I badgered Sony for nine months to send a technician to my place to verify my complaint, but they instead decided to give me a replacement model.

My 65" 850c was manufactured in March 2015, making it one of the earlier models built, and leads me to believe that it was a victim of quality-control lapses. And so I begged Sony to send me a new model built at the end of the production year, and not somebody else's returned defective TV. They never responded, and have just notified me that they've sent out the replacement, with a designation of 'b' at the end of the model name. I don't know if that means it's new, but I have doubts.

I told a Sony tech to make sure when they tested my replacement model that they view it with a Blu-ray disc playing and check for edge bleeding, and he said he would, but I have a strong feeling that he just phased me off. I'm pretty much convinced that I'm going to get another problematic 850c, will call Sony to complain, be politely ignored, and then have to contact the Better Business Bureau, retain a lawyer, and contact my state's Attorney General's Office on the issue.

In the meantime, I wish you the best of luck in trying to get satisfaction on your issue. Perhaps you're like me, wondering how Sony could have gone so far down hill.

I just got an email today stating they will reply back in 24-48 hours. But this is the same as last time. And I ended up getting an email that a refurbished set is being shipped. This had a .B at the end of the model number same as you. Every time I reply to the email that I wanted to be called on the phone to discuss options they don't reply. If I get another email that they are shipping a refurbished set again I'll be calling and complaining. My first set was only a few days past 30 days and I feel that a new set should have been shipped and not a refurb. Considering that this refurb has one of the same issues as my first set had and now has a spot on the screen too that the first set did not have.

Here is a video of the second set and the faint line down the middle. It's very faint I know. But I would not expect to see this on a $2000 TV. Also I have attached photos of the new black spot on the screen.

post #10333 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
I just got an email today stating they will reply back in 24-48 hours. But this is the same as last time. And I ended up getting an email that a refurbished set is being shipped. This had a .B at the end of the model number same as you. Every time I reply to the email that I wanted to be called on the phone to discuss options they don't reply. If I get another email that they are shipping a refurbished set again I'll be calling and complaining. My first set was only a few days past 30 days and I feel that a new set should have been shipped and not a refurb. Considering that this refurb has one of the same issues as my first set had and now has a spot on the screen too that the first set did not have.

Here is a video of the second set and the faint line down the middle. It's very faint I know. But I would not expect to see this on a $2000 TV. Also I have attached photos of the new black spot on the screen.

I would return and complain to Sony for the dark spot on the screen for sure but as for the faint line mine is not as distinctive as yours but is there and off set to the left this is something I see in my friends 75x850c as well, it just comes with the territory of this model. LED/LCD tech is just going to give you various scenarios unless you go all out and buy a FALD or OLED set.
post #10334 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 08:34 AM

Sony 2015 XBR-55X850C / XBR-65X850C / XBR-75X850C owners club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tDiesel View Post
I would return and complain to Sony for the dark spot on the screen for sure but as for the faint line mine is not as distinctive as yours but is there and off set to the left this is something I see in my friends 75x850c as well, it just comes with the territory of this model. LED/LCD tech is just going to give you various scenarios unless you go all out and buy a FALD or OLED set.

I've had Sharp and Vizio HD and 4K LCD TVs that don't have a line down the middle of the screen. This is a defect IMO. If this is common on this model then they should replace it with a different newer model IMO. I've asked for them to do that also due to my inconvenience. Maybe an 850D. At least this refurb hasn't rebooted on me yet so that's good I guess.

As for a FALD TV, I had a Vizio M65C1 which is a FALD set. It didn't have a line down the middle but it had these same type of black spots that this Sony reburb has. The Vizio had about 5 or 6 of these spots so I had to return it.

What I have found is that TV's today are all poorly made and it's the luck of the draw as to what you will get.

OLED in a 65" 4K is way out of my price range so...

I wish Panasonic still made Plasmas. I have two of them that I've had for over 10 years and have never had an issue.

Last edited by myunk; 03-31-2016 at 08:52 AM.
post #10335 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I've had Sharp and Vizio HD and 4K LCD TVs that don't have a line down the middle of the screen. This is a defect IMO. If this is common on this model then they should replace it with a different newer model IMO. I've asked for them to do that also due to my inconvenience. Maybe an 850D. At least this refurb hasn't rebooted on me yet so that's good I guess.

As for a FALD TV, I had a Vizio M65C1 which is a FALD set. It didn't have a line down the middle but it had these same type of black spots that this Sony reburb has. The Vizio had about 5 or 6 of these spots so I had to return it.

What I have found is that TV's today are all poorly made and it's the luck of the draw as to what you will get.

OLED in a 65" 4K is way out of my price range so...

I wish Panasonic still made Plasmas. I have two of them that I've had for over 10 years and have never had an issue.

Couldn't agree with you more on all points and it is a defect on these model lines, it is a bit unfortunate that we are forced to pick our poison so to speak. I am still hoping for a long shot that they will find a way to make plasma tech cheaper and reintroduce this in the future.....long shot but still hopeful It will also be interesting to see in the next few years how OLED will hold up, still have my LG plasma set up now in my office and to be truthful unless I am watching 4k Netflix I much prefer watching cable TV and other sources on that TV over my 65x850C.

So, other than those spots how was the Vizio M when I bought my Sony I was told I should have went that rout but I was/am satisfied enough with my purchase that I never even looked into it.
post #10336 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

Of course Myunk is entirely justified in asking Sony for a new replacement model. The fact that they're not going to for him or me is an indication that they've gotten so many returns on these sets that they can't possibly replace them with new units. There is no doubt in my mind that when my replacement arrives it will be at least as defective as the last one, and a replacement for the replacement will also have issues. I just don't have the energy or desire to keep fighting this, so this time I'll accept what I get, and strike Sony off my list. The irritating part is that Sony does have a really good color palette, and I hate to lose that, but they're not the only game in town. And so I've resolved to never again buy another Sony product of any kind.

I will keep the 850c for two years, sell it off for peanuts, and then buy an OLED set, almost certainly from Panasonic. Currently, the company's panels are made by LG, but Panasonic improves on them, and they may very well have the best TV in the market today. Too expensive for now, but in a couple of years I will have saved up a lot more money, and prices will have come down. I can reluctantly live with Sony for now.
post #10337 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kfan View Post
Of course Myunk is entirely justified in asking Sony for a new replacement model. The fact that they're not going to for him or me is an indication that they've gotten so many returns on these sets that they can't possibly replace them with new units. There is no doubt in my mind that when my replacement arrives it will be at least as defective as the last one, and a replacement for the replacement will also have issues. I just don't have the energy or desire to keep fighting this, so this time I'll accept what I get, and strike Sony off my list. The irritating part is that Sony does have a really good color palette, and I hate to lose that, but they're not the only game in town. And so I've resolved to never again buy another Sony product of any kind.

I will keep the 850c for two years, sell it off for peanuts, and then buy an OLED set, almost certainly from Panasonic. Currently, the company's panels are made by LG, but Panasonic improves on them, and they may very well have the best TV in the market today. Too expensive for now, but in a couple of years I will have saved up a lot more money, and prices will have come down. I can reluctantly live with Sony for now.

This is another reason I keep suggesting bringing the Better Business Bureau in on it. My experience with my STR-DN1060 AVR was - once they got involved...things were resolved to my satisfaction...it took some time...but at least it happened. Sony doesn't like it when BBB is attached to complaints...
post #10338 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
By the way - there is a software update due out next week. Not certain what all it will address - but it will, supposedly, address the 3D issue - at least on the 65" set.

This is directly from a bench-tech at Sony...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyD128 View Post
Quote:
Not sure - trying to get more info about any additional 'fixes' included (or not).
Thanks for the comment on the SW update, @mrdjman . I would hope any 3D improvements would cover all three sets...but if it was HW-specific seems more likely it would apply to the 65"/75" since they both use the same backlight configuration.

They had better fix the Video app stretching all content to full screen. Been broken since 11/24 update - they must have noticed it by now, and have had months to fix it. How hard could that be?

2015 Sony X850C FAQ: Recommended Picture settings, 3D FAQ, HDR FAQ, DirecTV 4K Ready FAQ, Troubleshooting & common problems; Dropbox Link || Alternate Google Drive FAQ Link. || My gear: TV - Sony XBR75X850C, BD - Sony BDP S350, AVR - Pioneer VSX-1020, Speakers - RBH MC-616C MKII Center Channel, RBH MC-6C MKII Bookshelf (fronts), RBH MC-615 In-ceiling surrounds, RBH TS-10AP 200W self-powered sub.
post #10339 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Try this, grab the input knob on the front of the receiver and turn it till it says "TV" so it knows you want to use audio return from the TV.
post #10340 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 12:36 PM

Anyone have any motion blur and juddering from ESPN and MSNBC tickers/scroll bars. I have followed some of the steps from Sony Support, reducing Gamma by 1 and reducing digital noise reduction to low and its better than before but not smooth. Anyone else have any thoughts or experiencing the same thing.

I have seen people mention it on here before but never saw a definitive fix/answer to this, not sure there is one based on the results I got from using suggestions directly from Sony.
post #10341 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
Thanks for the comment on the SW update, @mrdjman. I would hope any 3D improvements would cover all three sets...but if it was HW-specific seems more likely it would apply to the 65"/75" since they both use the same backlight configuration.

They had better fix the Video app stretching all content to full screen. Been broken since 11/24 update - they must have noticed it by now, and have had months to fix it. How hard could that be?
Not a problem, and I would hope that, as well. This guy was very helpful in the past, so I thought I'd take a chance and reach out to him again - fortunately, he's still involved and seems willing to be helpful.

I'll post any additional findings if/when he gets back to me.
post #10342 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Couldn't agree with you more on all points and it is a defect on these model lines, it is a bit unfortunate that we are forced to pick our poison so to speak. I am still hoping for a long shot that they will find a way to make plasma tech cheaper and reintroduce this in the future.....long shot but still hopeful It will also be interesting to see in the next few years how OLED will hold up, still have my LG plasma set up now in my office and to be truthful unless I am watching 4k Netflix I much prefer watching cable TV and other sources on that TV over my 65x850C.

So, other than those spots how was the Vizio M when I bought my Sony I was told I should have went that rout but I was/am satisfied enough with my purchase that I never even looked into it.

PQ Wise the Vizio was quite good. I ended up returning it 3 times due to the black spots on the screen. I ended up just getting my money back as I was within the Sam's club 90 day return window.
post #10343 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So when is this software dropping?
post #10344 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post

I did get this to work, but I never could find where the anynet+ setting are at?

Sony XBR-75X850C - Living Room
Samsung UN60J6300AFXZA - Bedroom
post #10345 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
I did get this to work, but I never could find where the anynet+ setting are at?
Anynet is the Samsung name for HDMI CEC so I doubt you will see it used on a Sony TV.
post #10346 of 14931 Old 03-31-2016, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well I'm a little late to the party but I just picked up a 55x850c a couple weeks ago and have the following observations and questions to add to the fray.

First off edge lit or not ( after a quick home diy calibration ) my set does not seem to exhibit any flashlighting or non uniformity in its luminance at all. In a pitch black room I can't even tell if the tv is on or not without the tiny white light under the bezel. I am coming from a THX certified and professionally calibrated Panny PH TZ 800u. Even though that is an older model the picture was fantastic but the black levels and uniformity do not compare to this tv. The pq is stunning imho on blu-rays and what 4k material that I have viewed via download and streaming.
Gaming is also spectacular with no noticeable lag time or concerns.

Now for the bad and confusing. First off the motion blur on this set is HORRIBLE. I turned on the NCAA basketball tournament and felt like somebody had given me psychedlics. At first I wanted to vomit. Trails on the ball and herky-jerky motion artifacts everywhere - had I seen this prior to purchase I would not have even considered this tv. Even the black friday special Seiki 42" 4k tv I have and and old RCA 1080p tv handle sports/motion better than this - I ended up watching the tourney on a 720p projector as it looked better than what I was getting. (granted turning the motionflow up as high as I could get it helped and made it barely tolerable) something I would caution any prospective buyer about.
I am going to investigate the settings in my AVR to see if I can improve it any further there [ If anybody has any advice on Pioneer Elite sc-71 settings I could use it]

I considered the Sammy 7100 series but was told it would not be HDR compatible (which seems to be turning out to be false as I have since been told it is getting an update much like the 850s did).

even though it says 4096x2160 if I try to hook up my computer to it all I can get is 3840x2160 otherwise I just get overscan and the edges are cut off - not really a big deal but still. Mostly will leave my desktop display on 1080p to keep things readable. Also my PC-->AVR-->TV don't always play nice and configuring can often be a pain in the ass.

WHen or why should I use enhanced vs standards on the hdmi settings?

Coming from a 1080p plasma I had been thrilled with for many years I didn't know what to expect but outside the motion blur and the wonky issues I get with my AVR at times I am happy. Being a big gamer and movie buff the set really shines in those areas.

Also I am unclear on the HDR 10 vs dolby and how that effects what hdr will be available for my tv.

Thanks and any advice is welcome.
post #10347 of 14931 Old 04-01-2016, 04:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So when is this software dropping?
You know what I know. I posted his reply, verbatim. Sometime next week...although, anything could happen.
post #10348 of 14931 Old 04-01-2016, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
sorry my bad. going back and forth between samsung and sony threads

braviasync. ! congrats on getting it to work.

post #10349 of 14931 Old 04-01-2016, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carey 2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkyler View Post
Well I'm a little late to the party but I just picked up a 55x850c a couple weeks ago and have the following observations and questions to add to the fray.

First off edge lit or not ( after a quick home diy calibration ) my set does not seem to exhibit any flashlighting or non uniformity in its luminance at all. In a pitch black room I can't even tell if the tv is on or not without the tiny white light under the bezel. I am coming from a THX certified and professionally calibrated Panny PH TZ 800u. Even though that is an older model the picture was fantastic but the black levels and uniformity do not compare to this tv. The pq is stunning imho on blu-rays and what 4k material that I have viewed via download and streaming.
Gaming is also spectacular with no noticeable lag time or concerns.

Now for the bad and confusing. First off the motion blur on this set is HORRIBLE. I turned on the NCAA basketball tournament and felt like somebody had given me psychedlics. At first I wanted to vomit. Trails on the ball and herky-jerky motion artifacts everywhere - had I seen this prior to purchase I would not have even considered this tv. Even the black friday special Seiki 42" 4k tv I have and and old RCA 1080p tv handle sports/motion better than this - I ended up watching the tourney on a 720p projector as it looked better than what I was getting. (granted turning the motionflow up as high as I could get it helped and made it barely tolerable) something I would caution any prospective buyer about.
I am going to investigate the settings in my AVR to see if I can improve it any further there [ If anybody has any advice on Pioneer Elite sc-71 settings I could use it]

I considered the Sammy 7100 series but was told it would not be HDR compatible (which seems to be turning out to be false as I have since been told it is getting an update much like the 850s did).

even though it says 4096x2160 if I try to hook up my computer to it all I can get is 3840x2160 otherwise I just get overscan and the edges are cut off - not really a big deal but still. Mostly will leave my desktop display on 1080p to keep things readable. Also my PC-->AVR-->TV don't always play nice and configuring can often be a pain in the ass.

WHen or why should I use enhanced vs standards on the hdmi settings?

Coming from a 1080p plasma I had been thrilled with for many years I didn't know what to expect but outside the motion blur and the wonky issues I get with my AVR at times I am happy. Being a big gamer and movie buff the set really shines in those areas.

Also I am unclear on the HDR 10 vs dolby and how that effects what hdr will be available for my tv.

Thanks and any advice is welcome.
is the 55in 120hz native? i can't remember
post #10350 of 14931 Old 04-01-2016, 07:02 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 9545 Post(s)
Liked: 6231
Quote:
is the 55in 120hz native? i can't remember
Yes the 850C models use 120Hz panels.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k suhd , android , firmware , hdr , ir blaster , reboot , XBR-55X850C , xbr-65x850c xbr-75x850c

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page