Sony 2015 XBR-55X850C / XBR-65X850C / XBR-75X850C owners club - Page 90 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11975Likes

post #2671 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by player002 View Post
If you were a pc gamer then hdmi 2.0 would be preferred as it would give you full bandwidth of 18gps. XB1 hdmi 2.0 is irrelevant as it has a HDMI 1.4 port. Now for lag the ju7100 has lower lag and will respond faster for games. the sony has good input lag numbers but Samsung is better with 26 ms compared to 39 ms on X850C. Choose the set you like most either will do you well..
But Samsung's updates fry your TV's system board, and the color on Samsungs really is bad compared to the Sony!!!
tron49 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2672 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdave View Post
Ok. After so many research I also thought the ju7100 was better overall. And the local dimming according to rting review only works 50% of the screen which is still better than not having local dimming at all.i believe the quantom dots won't be a big deal on the x850c, I might be wrong on that. But so far I am leaning to ju7100. Now I'm also thinking if its worth saving some more money for the js8500. But that a little over my budget. For the money I think ju7100 wins. Thanks
Samsungs are garbage, why not take your trolling to the Samsung clubs
post #2673 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by aartisan View Post
Just got back from vacation. I can't really play games on my PS4 with this new update.. As soon as I power on any of my PS4 controllers when my PS4 is on, it brings me to the new TV settings page to ask me to pair this controller to the TV. If I don't select anything or say no then the controller doesn't turn on. So I have to select ok and pair it. But when I pair it there is conflict between using the PS4 as a TV controller or for the new PSNow app instead of the normal only controlling my PS4. So whenever I press the Playstation button even on HDMI 1 Playstation 4 it will change inputs and take me to the new PSNow app on the Home Screen. If I press Options on my Dualshock 4 controller on the HDMI 1 Playstation screen it will open up the "Action Menu" from the regular remote. So it seems like any keymappings for the Dualshock 4 that was created for the new PSNow App now conflicts with using a normal PS4. Would think that Sony who makes this TV, the Dualshock 4, and the PS4 would have made sure the new app and home screen DS4 pairing wouldn't conflict with their own game console on a separate HDMI input. The only fix I guess is to turn of Bluetooth but I use the voice search on the touch remote very frequently. Oh well
Yeah this was a issue for me too. I broke down and purchased a second PS4 controller (different color for when it's dark) and specifically paired it to the TV this resolved most issues. I'm thinking that when a specific controller is paired to the tv it might find a channel farther in the 2.4Ghz spectrum, It's the quick press of the PS button that launches Playstation Now that is a annoyance now.

Also for what it's worth for others that are asking, I don't use game mode and I see little to no input lag, This could be that I have motion flow set to true cinema or another setting, I'll try to determine if I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2674 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1292 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD-838D View Post
Also for what it's worth for others that are asking, I don't use game mode and I see little to no input lag, This could be that I have motion flow set to true cinema or another setting, I'll try to determine if I can.
This years Sony's have pretty good impressive input lag with interpolation and other processing enabled. Something in the neighborhood of 60ms according to rtings. 60ms is definitely high enough that it will be noticeable to a good portion of people but it is much lower than most TVs with interpolation enabled.
post #2675 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Question Question on apps found on Google play on the TV

Am I correct that the apps found on the "Google play" loaded on the TV are specifically designed for the TV or is someone on Sony's staff making a conscience decision on what should be available.

I looked on Google play's web site and found an app called TSL (Talk Stream Live) and thought that it might be available on the TV.... can't find it anywhere on the Apps Shop that the TV has access to.

So the question is... Do I have to side load this app and install it myself via USB stick ???

Can someone point to a link on how to do this correctly?

Thanks
post #2676 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron49 View Post
Am I correct that the apps found on the "Google play" loaded on the TV are specifically designed for the TV or is someone on Sony's staff making a conscience decision on what should be available.

I looked on Google play's web site and found an app called TSL (Talk Stream Live) and thought that it might be available on the TV.... can't find it anywhere on the Apps Shop that the TV has access to.

So the question is... Do I have to side load this app and install it myself via USB stick ???

Can someone point to a link on how to do this correctly?

Thanks
Sony has nothing to do with what apps are available on the TV (except where they make special deals like with Amazon who doesn't offer an app for other Android TV devices, but this is rare), but they do make decisions on what apps are included with a firmware update like Netflix or Opera, for example.

Not all apps from the Google Play store are compatible with Android TV, since most Android apps are designed with a touch screen in mind. That said, there ARE apps that can work with Android TV but don't show up if you visit Google Play Store from the TV itself. For these, you need to go to install the app from a computer and it will ask you which of your devices to install on, and you choose the TV. The reason those apps don't show up on the TV is the developer's fault, they need to do the proper development/registration of their app so that it shows up there.

Hope this helps!
coolsixnine likes this.
post #2677 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 05:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownhero View Post
Sony has nothing to do with what apps are available on the TV (except where they make special deals like with Amazon who doesn't offer an app for other Android TV devices, but this is rare), but they do make decisions on what apps are included with a firmware update like Netflix or Opera, for example.

Not all apps from the Google Play store are compatible with Android TV, since most Android apps are designed with a touch screen in mind. That said, there ARE apps that can work with Android TV but don't show up if you visit Google Play Store from the TV itself. For these, you need to go to install the app from a computer and it will ask you which of your devices to install on, and you choose the TV. The reason those apps don't show up on the TV is the developer's fault, they need to do the proper development/registration of their app so that it shows up there.

Hope this helps!
Yes it does. Now, when I choose the TV will I save it to a USB stick?... I have a Mac and I wonder if it can it side load this app? Is there a link on side loading?

Thanks, again
post #2678 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Yes it does. Now, when I choose the TV will I save it to a USB stick?... I have a Mac and I wonder if it can it side load this app? Is there a link on side loading?

Thanks, again
When you choose the TV it will install it on the TV automatically, no need for download / USB stick. A couple of minutes later the app will appear on the TV.

Note that a lot of apps if they were not correctly configured by the devs for Android TV do not appear in the list on the Home Screen, they are only appears in the Settings / Apps screen and you can launch them from there.

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
post #2679 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez176 View Post
Samsungs are garbage, why not take your trolling to the Samsung clubs

Why are they garbage? Enlighten me. Or u just and emotional fan boy. I'm not a Samsung fan by the way. I don't want to offend any one. I thought this thread was about x850c which I'm thinking of owning one and wanted to know if the ju7100 was a better option. If I'm wrong then I can try to look for another thread. I thought this here was a good place for me to post about me trying to own a x850c.

Last edited by illdave; 07-20-2015 at 08:02 PM.
post #2680 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Here you guys go:

Tutorial on how to side load apps and a small demonstration of Kodi running a 1080p movie perfectly right from Android TV built-into the TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-so_OA4W1PA

I hope this helps
Great Video...

Problem is I'm a Mac person... with a MacBook Pro and an iPhone. So how do I side load in this situation? Also, the app that I mentioned before.... TSL (Talk Stream Live) is a Phone app. Can you take a phone app that streams live audio from Radio stations around the US and place it on the TV?

Thanks again!!!
post #2681 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 06:29 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheGeek View Post
When you choose the TV it will install it on the TV automatically, no need for download / USB stick. A couple of minutes later the app will appear on the TV.

Note that a lot of apps if they were not correctly configured by the devs for Android TV do not appear in the list on the Home Screen, they are only appears in the Settings / Apps screen and you can launch them from there.
So, from your explanation above, I should be able to go to the Google App Store via the web (now that I've installed the Opera web browser) and select the app and download it. The app will not appear in the list that is on the HOME screen of the TV but will only appear on the Setting/Apps screen. Its from this screen that I can launch the app.

I'll try again.

Thanks
post #2682 of 14941 Old 07-20-2015, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
So, from your explanation above, I should be able to go to the Google App Store via the web (now that I've installed the Opera web browser) and select the app and download it. The app will not appear in the list that is on the HOME screen of the TV but will only appear on the Setting/Apps screen. Its from this screen that I can launch the app.

I'll try again.

Thanks
I did not test it from the TV, but you can do this from your Mac as long as you are connected with the same Google account on the TV and Chrome.

But, it will not work for apps that are not Android TV compatible like the one you were referring to. You will not see your TV in the list of choices to install the app...

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
post #2683 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Great Video...

Problem is I'm a Mac person... with a MacBook Pro and an iPhone. So how do I side load in this situation? Also, the app that I mentioned before.... TSL (Talk Stream Live) is a Phone app. Can you take a phone app that streams live audio from Radio stations around the US and place it on the TV?

Thanks again!!!
Download the apk file you want to side load to a USB stick and use ES File Explorer to browse the USB stick and load it from there.

Sent via Tapatalk on the Oneplus One
post #2684 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Please someone with left side edge abnormality washed out effect check if it is there in 720 and 4k usb feeds. I only see it in 1080 streams like Mad Men. Why would that be?

Also will we ever get same apps on 850c I had on 850b?
post #2685 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Download the apk file you want to side load to a USB stick and use ES File Explorer to browse the USB stick and load it from there.

Yeah, Looks like loading from the android store won't work with that app.
You will need to use Ktownhero's suggestion with ES File Explorer, It's easy once you get the hang of it and if you really want to mess around with app's ES file explorer is a must have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tsl.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	841514  
post #2686 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetgraphs View Post
Yes! Perfect, thanks. I haven't picked up a regular TV remote in years because I only buy Sony, and my Harmony is always programmed for it. I just re-programmed my TV On function on the Harmony to use the "TV" button as the power and it works great.

I have a smart harmony as well, but I noticed the TV won't power on. I always have to use sony remote to power on but everything else works fine as well as powering off.

I have set up a new tv in the activity and still doesn't power on from the harmony. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
txA&M08 likes this.
post #2687 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Smile amazon utra

amazon now has 4k ultra on my xbr-65x850c !!!!!
post #2688 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fuzzy View Post
Sweet! Was there a new update or did the app just appear? I can't wait to check it out when I get home!

I also wonder if it's still 2 channel audio or if they allow 5.1 now.
post #2689 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
I can't log into my Prime account in the same TV, just keep getting unknown error. I've even de-registered device and re-registered to no avail. Did your work 'out of the box' or did you have to change any setting?
post #2690 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flugelboy View Post
Quote:
Sweet! Was there a new update or did the app just appear? I can't wait to check it out when I get home!

I also wonder if it's still 2 channel audio or if they allow 5.1 now.
Hi, got Amazon 4K here in the UK too. :-)

Just go start up the Amazon App, and on the Main Screen have to option for 'Ultra HD Movies and TV', although at first it seems you have to pay extra to watch them, but if you scroll across you will find some Prime HD Shows.

As for Audio, from what I can see, it's still 2 Channel out I'm afraid. :-(

Oh and thought I'd mention, when I first started the App, it seemed like it was going to load and then went straight back to the Sony Home Screen, ran the App a second time and it worked, but when I tried Bosch in 4K it caused the TV to reboot.

After the reboot, all is well.
post #2691 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Mine doesn't...

I just checked for updates, none yet (

I also searched for Amazon in Play Store, nada
post #2692 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkieMBR View Post

Just go start up the Amazon App, and on the Main Screen have to option for 'Ultra HD Movies and TV', although at first it seems you have to pay extra to watch them, but if you scroll across you will find some Prime HD Shows.

Oh and thought I'd mention, when I first started the App, it seemed like it was going to load and then went straight back to the Sony Home Screen, ran the App a second time and it worked, but when I tried Bosch in 4K it caused the TV to reboot.

Did you get a new TV update?
post #2693 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgemboandislic View Post
Quote:

Did you get a new TV update?

No, just loaded up the intergrated Amazon App.
post #2694 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Did you have that app in the first place? Because I don't have it at all.

By the way, my TV is 55" not 65" although I can't see that making a difference when it comes to apps.
post #2695 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgemboandislic View Post
Quote:
Did you have that app in the first place? Because I don't have it at all.

By the way, my TV is 55" not 65" although I can't see that making a difference when it comes to apps.
Not sure if it make any difference but I'm in the UK, and that App was install from from when I first turned the TV on.

Oh and I too have the 55" Model.
post #2696 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Not sure if it make any difference but I'm in the UK, and that App was install from from when I first turned the TV on.

Oh and I too have the 55" Model.
Thanks for clarifying. My TV is the eastern european versiom, so Amazon app wasn't there. It's funny because Netflix is built in and they don't support this region.

Maybe I can sideload it then?
post #2697 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I opened the app, it exited (just as another user pointed out) and brought me back to home screen. Opened it again and I could see the UltraHD section right there!!!!
post #2698 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I can confirm that i now have UHD available on my x850c as well. They must have stealth updated the app.

post #2699 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 05:28 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Warman View Post
I have a smart harmony as well, but I noticed the TV won't power on. I always have to use sony remote to power on but everything else works fine as well as powering off.

I have set up a new tv in the activity and still doesn't power on from the harmony. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
Which Harmony do you have? I have an Ultimate Harmony Home remote and don't have any problems with powering up or down the TV.

post #2700 of 14941 Old 07-21-2015, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Just an update...

Sideloaded Ultraflix now perfectly works on my X850C. (probably because of recent update)

Here are the steps to follow using your computer:
1. Go to https://www.ultraflix.com/
2. Do either of these to download the app:
a). Search for "Android App Direct Download" on this page and click on it OR
b). Paste this link in your browser. http://www.droidbin.com/p19m6er5hcrb59eu5rtk11ul33
3. Format a USB in FAT32 format.
4. Transfer the app to USB. Plug USB to TV
5. Go to Home Screens -> Settings(at the bottom) -> Personal (at the bottom) -> Security and Restrictions -> Unknown Sources -> Turn this ON
6. Open the contents of USB using File Explorer app. Click on the UltraFlix App and Install.
7. Use Sideload Launcher app to open UltraFlix.
8. For First time login, use the TV SideView App on your phone and enter login details (will need to use pointer to enter each and every character...the virtual remote on the app won't work)
9. Enjoy.

Others: Please add if I missed something

Edit: Clicking with physical remote won't work for the initial screen. Use the TV SideView app on your phone - download if you don't already have. Go to the remote option on the app, click on the mouse pointer - (looks exactly like your computer mouse pointer) Use that mouse pointer to click on the keyboard that's displayed on screen. Once you go past the login screen, you can use regular remote.

Last edited by chaser1234; 07-22-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k suhd , android , firmware , hdr , ir blaster , reboot , XBR-55X850C , xbr-65x850c xbr-75x850c

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page