2015 Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution Kit - Page 596 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13458Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17851 of 23818 Old 07-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
makado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: No. California
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
Can't agree, sorry, 24hz speeded up to 60hz makes me feel sick, maybe you aren't as sensitive to it as I am.
Sorry I also have to disagree about Marco Polo looking great in HDR via the Shield, it is one of the worst HDR gradings i have seen, particularly the earlier episodes, Mad Dogs on Amazon is what it is about.
Well, I and at least one other person - sikclown find it otherwise. I am sorry you are getting sick from watching 60Hz. Perhaps you should continue to watch in 24Hz.


LG 77C8PUA, LG UBK 90, SAMSUNG UN75HU8550FXZA GOLF CHIP TS 01 WITH SEK3500U, DENON X4200, DEF TECH BP2002 SPEAKERS SYSTEM, 5.1 PLUS KLIPSH ATMOS 140 SPEAKERS, APPLE TV 4K, ROKU ULTRA etc.
makado is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17852 of 23818 Old 07-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
makado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: No. California
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Is there any difference in Samsung K-8500 Ultra BR player and Samsung UBD-KM85c 4K Ultra HD Streaming Blu-ray Player sold at Costco?

Edit: Just found out they are the same. Costco has theirs on sale for 349.


LG 77C8PUA, LG UBK 90, SAMSUNG UN75HU8550FXZA GOLF CHIP TS 01 WITH SEK3500U, DENON X4200, DEF TECH BP2002 SPEAKERS SYSTEM, 5.1 PLUS KLIPSH ATMOS 140 SPEAKERS, APPLE TV 4K, ROKU ULTRA etc.

Last edited by makado; 07-11-2016 at 02:17 PM.
makado is offline  
post #17853 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 01:47 AM
Member
 
agtom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: London, England, EUROPE
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I am assuming you are using ARC for sound? Make sure you have everything turned on in the SEK-3500u (it isn't on by default) and also make sure that the Samsung is using your Onkyo as the Speaker. In my experience Onkyos can be tricky with ARC; Sometimes they work perfectly (as is the case with your 2500, and other times they just won't ever work. Worst case scenario, run an optical out from the SEK-3500u to the Onkyo Digital in for TV
Thanks, I have tried ARC and no ARC in an attempt to getting it to work without success. Perhaps optical is the only way to go then?

UE55F9000 SEK-3500UXC
agtom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17854 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
poisike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 97
So I couldn't resist and bought a Nvidia Shield TV. Unfortunately it seems I have a problem. When I set HDMI UHD Color On for Shield TV input (HDMI 3) then my TV colors are messed up (everything looks green).
Also I don't see HDR in Netflix
What am I missing?

European F9000 with sek-3500u. I'm currently on firmware 1411, could this be a problem?

Also it seems that Nvidia has mapped Samsung Exit button to Android Back button in HDMI-CEC and this makes it really inconvenient to use Samsung Smart remote with Shield TV because you have to hold down the Return button for it to act as Exit button. This doesn't make sense to me. It would make a lot more sense to map Return to Back and Exit to Home buttons.

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-3500U/ZG (European firmware v1421.2)
Samsung UE78HU8500TX (European firmware v1290.2
poisike is online now  
post #17855 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 5,589
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4598 Post(s)
Liked: 5589
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
Can't agree, sorry, 24hz speeded up to 60hz makes me feel sick, maybe you aren't as sensitive to it as I am.
Sorry I also have to disagree about Marco Polo looking great in HDR via the Shield, it is one of the worst HDR gradings i have seen, particularly the earlier episodes, Mad Dogs on Amazon is what it is about.
That's interesting because Marco Polo Season 2 is the best Dolby Vision I've ever seen.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
jrref is offline  
post #17856 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Note my first line:

I advise Members NOT wanting to go into the SM, to just try the settings as is.

Yes, 1460.4, has PQ improvements. I have NEVER had issues with FW updates from the Korean website.
It's funny how everyone can run the korean firmware but my tv always says no new update when i try to update form the usb. i guess European tvs don't allow other country firmware.
Takutschi is offline  
post #17857 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 07:30 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takutschi View Post
It's funny how everyone can run the korean firmware but my tv always says no new update when i try to update form the usb. i guess European tvs don't allow other country firmware.
Do NOT attempt to use the Korean/US firmware for an European SEK-3500! The firmware for our devices is available here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SEK-3500U/XC
Right now it's the one from May and it's 1452.0.
sikclown, THXTEX1 and Musician like this.
golar is offline  
post #17858 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
So I couldn't resist and bought a Nvidia Shield TV. Unfortunately it seems I have a problem. When I set HDMI UHD Color On for Shield TV input (HDMI 3) then my TV colors are messed up (everything looks green).
Also I don't see HDR in Netflix
What am I missing?

European F9000 with sek-3500u. I'm currently on firmware 1411, could this be a problem?

Also it seems that Nvidia has mapped Samsung Exit button to Android Back button in HDMI-CEC and this makes it really inconvenient to use Samsung Smart remote with Shield TV because you have to hold down the Return button for it to act as Exit button. This doesn't make sense to me. It would make a lot more sense to map Return to Back and Exit to Home buttons.
Yeah you may need a firmware update but it could also be your HDMI Cable. Is the Shield updated to the latest and greatest firmware? (version 3.2)

Update: After looking over on the Shield forums, everyone who has had a "green" issue fixed it with a new 18Gbps HDMI cable.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
sikclown is offline  
post #17859 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
poisike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Yeah you may need a firmware update but it could also be your HDMI Cable. Is the Shield updated to the latest and greatest firmware? (version 3.2)

Update: After looking over on the Shield forums, everyone who has had a "green" issue fixed it with a new 18Gbps HDMI cable.
I really don't want to update past 1440 (it is impossible to downgrade after that).

I'm using the HDMI cable that was included with the Shield TV. I can try another one, but not sure about the specs.

Thanks for the reply!

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-3500U/ZG (European firmware v1421.2)
Samsung UE78HU8500TX (European firmware v1290.2
poisike is online now  
post #17860 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Member
 
NotShorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Anyone wanting HDR goodness can get the Shield plus two controllers for $120 if you use Amazon Visa to pay and are an Amazon Prime member. Lightning Deal, won't last long!

http://slickdeals.net/f/8920927-nvid...gb-version?v=1

http://slickdeals.net/f/8899175-prim...-visa-card?v=1

Edit: 100% claimed. Can join wait list though. Knew that one would be popular...
poppagene likes this.

Last edited by NotShorty; 07-12-2016 at 11:55 AM.
NotShorty is online now  
post #17861 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
I really don't want to update past 1440 (it is impossible to downgrade after that).

I'm using the HDMI cable that was included with the Shield TV. I can try another one, but not sure about the specs.

Thanks for the reply!
The cable included with the Shield should be fine but perhaps it is a bad one. I would just try another cable to be sure. Why don't you want to upgrade to the latest firmware? I know there have been issues in the past but as far as I know the current firmware for every version of the SEK-3500u is good. In fact the latest for the US/Korea really makes the picture pop.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
sikclown is offline  
post #17862 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
DaMacFunkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, Not the one by the sea
Posts: 867
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
That's interesting because Marco Polo Season 2 is the best Dolby Vision I've ever seen.
Season 2 In Dolby Vision probably is spectacular, obviously if we are talking about the shield then we only have access to series 1 in HDR10, which probably wasn't shot with HDR in mind.
All I can say is anything i have seen in HDR via Netflix and The shield haven't been Wow! or Yeah!, whereas most things i have seen on Amazon via the Samsung K8500 have been, I can't wait for the Netflix K8500 HDR update so i can do a comparison between the 2.
p.s. I believe you have a KS9500, i bet burned toast looks good on that LOL
DaMacFunkin is offline  
post #17863 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,217
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4019 Post(s)
Liked: 3188
Microsoft Windows update day today.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is online now  
post #17864 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
poisike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
The cable included with the Shield should be fine but perhaps it is a bad one. I would just try another cable to be sure. Why don't you want to upgrade to the latest firmware? I know there have been issues in the past but as far as I know the current firmware for every version of the SEK-3500u is good. In fact the latest for the US/Korea really makes the picture pop.
I tried with another cable and the result is the same. I get good picture up to 4K 23,976hz. Anything above that results in green picture. Does this make any sense?

Samsung removed the possibility of sideloading apps in firmware 1421 and downgrading in 1441. That's why I don't want to update past 1440. But I will try 1440, hope it resolves my problem...

Edit: I updated to 1440 and it seems to work correctly now.
makado and sikclown like this.

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-3500U/ZG (European firmware v1421.2)
Samsung UE78HU8500TX (European firmware v1290.2

Last edited by poisike; 07-12-2016 at 01:39 PM.
poisike is online now  
post #17865 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Senior Member
 
makado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: No. California
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
Season 2 In Dolby Vision probably is spectacular, obviously if we are talking about the shield then we only have access to series 1 in HDR10, which probably wasn't shot with HDR in mind.
All I can say is anything i have seen in HDR via Netflix and The shield haven't been Wow! or Yeah!, whereas most things i have seen on Amazon via the Samsung K8500 have been, I can't wait for the Netflix K8500 HDR update so i can do a comparison between the 2.
p.s. I believe you have a KS9500, i bet burned toast looks good on that LOL
Shield can stream both seasons but Season 1 is not in HDR whereas Season 2 is.


LG 77C8PUA, LG UBK 90, SAMSUNG UN75HU8550FXZA GOLF CHIP TS 01 WITH SEK3500U, DENON X4200, DEF TECH BP2002 SPEAKERS SYSTEM, 5.1 PLUS KLIPSH ATMOS 140 SPEAKERS, APPLE TV 4K, ROKU ULTRA etc.
makado is offline  
post #17866 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by makado View Post
Shield can stream both seasons but Season 1 is not in HDR whereas Season 2 is.

I have already bought sek 3500 for HDR , I 'm not going to spend any more money .
Marco Rasero (marco803) is offline  
post #17867 of 23818 Old 07-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Senior Member
 
plasmodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by makado View Post
Shield can stream both seasons but Season 1 is not in HDR whereas Season 2 is.
Sorry, Makado, but season 1 of Marco Polo is in HDR on the Shield (at least on mine it is). The HDR badge should appear if the Shield is configured correctly; and the TV should do the requisite 20/100 Brightness/Contrast jump if you see that badge. Unfortunately, it doesn't look all that great in comparison to, say, Amazon's Man in the High Castle. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing shows/movies filmed in HDR will always look better than post-processed versions. The second season of MP in HDR should look better for this reason.

The other culprit is probably the Shield forcing 4:2:0 color instead of 4:4:4 when set to 4K60—something many owners are hoping will be fixed soon after the big 3.2 update a few weeks ago. Even 4:2:2 color would be better, but the Tegra X1 chip should be capable of all three of these settings since it's a beast (at least in 4K24 like the K8500 player and the Fandango app).
plasmodeus is offline  
post #17868 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 04:22 AM
Member
 
THXTEX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by golar View Post
Do NOT attempt to use the Korean/US firmware for an European SEK-3500! The firmware for our devices is available here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SEK-3500U/XC
Right now it's the one from May and it's 1452.0.
I succesfully installed the firmware from Samsung Russia on my European SEK-3500. My menu language is still in Danish. :-)
They have a version 1455.0. Beware that the download has the extionsion '_RU' in the filename.

http://www.samsung.com/ru/support/model/UE88JS9500TXRU

UE55F9005 - SEK-3500U/ZG
OPPO UDP-205EU
ROTEL RB980 + RB985 poweramps
3 Miller & Kreisel MP150 + 2 S150T speakers + 2 V12 subs
THXTEX1 is offline  
post #17869 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 04:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by golar View Post
Do NOT attempt to use the Korean/US firmware for an European SEK-3500! The firmware for our devices is available here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SEK-3500U/XC
Right now it's the one from May and it's 1452.0.
Then why can the US people install the korean firmware without a problem ? It's also not for there device.
Takutschi is offline  
post #17870 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 04:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by THXTEX1 View Post
I succesfully installed the firmware from Samsung Russia on my European SEK-3500. My menu language is still in Danish. :-)
They have a version 1455.0. Beware that the download has the extionsion '_RU' in the filename.

http://www.samsung.com/ru/support/model/UE88JS9500TXRU
Did you rename the file or did you just place the file on the usb drive ?
Takutschi is offline  
post #17871 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
poisike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takutschi View Post
Then why can the US people install the korean firmware without a problem ? It's also not for there device.
Because the TV hardware and firmware are the same in Korea and US. US TVs don't have a built in tuner like we have in Europe. So even if you could install the US firmware then part of your TV wouldn't work. But believe me, you can't.

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-3500U/ZG (European firmware v1421.2)
Samsung UE78HU8500TX (European firmware v1290.2
poisike is online now  
post #17872 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 05:21 AM
Member
 
THXTEX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takutschi View Post
Did you rename the file or did you just place the file on the usb drive ?
The downloaded file is an .exe. The '_RU' i mentioned is just a part of the filename.
You just run it and point to an empty USB-stick where it will extract the firmware files. No renaming is needed.

UE55F9005 - SEK-3500U/ZG
OPPO UDP-205EU
ROTEL RB980 + RB985 poweramps
3 Miller & Kreisel MP150 + 2 S150T speakers + 2 V12 subs
THXTEX1 is offline  
post #17873 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Larry Rosenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takutschi View Post
It's funny how everyone can run the korean firmware but my tv always says no new update when i try to update form the usb. i guess European tvs don't allow other country firmware.
I am also waiting for OTA firmware updates here in California on my 65HU9000/SEK 3500. I am hesitant to install 1452 via download, but I did download it and I will probably update to 1452 that way. I'm on 1440 now.

Addendum: The firmware update file is Windows only. I run only Apple stuff. Oh well. It's a sign that I should just be patient and wait for the "automatic" update via the TV OTA, yes?
Further Addendum: I misspoke! I'm actually on firmware version *1455* on my 65HU9000/SEK 3500, so it was 1460 I was/am waiting for, but I've now learned that 1460 is not for North America, right?

-----
2016 Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49KS8000
2016 Samsung K8500 UHD BD Player x 2
2016 Samsung HW-K550/SWA-8000S 5.1
2016 Pioneer SC-LX701- AudioSource AMP100VS Atmos/DTS:X 7.1.4

Last edited by Larry Rosenberg; 07-13-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Larry Rosenberg is offline  
post #17874 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 06:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
Because the TV hardware and firmware are the same in Korea and US. US TVs don't have a built in tuner like we have in Europe. So even if you could install the US firmware then part of your TV wouldn't work. But believe me, you can't.
oh now i understand so the us sek 3500 has no tuner ? so you have to buy a external receiver to watch satellite or cable ?
Takutschi is offline  
post #17875 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
poisike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takutschi View Post
oh now i understand so the us sek 3500 has no tuner ? so you have to buy a external receiver to watch satellite or cable ?
Maybe it has some kind of tuner, I'm not 100% sure about this. Maybe someone from US can tell us. But I know it doesn't have CI slots. Even if it has a tuner, US is using different standards, so it wouldn't work in Europe.

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-3500U/ZG (European firmware v1421.2)
Samsung UE78HU8500TX (European firmware v1290.2
poisike is online now  
post #17876 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,217
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4019 Post(s)
Liked: 3188
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
Maybe it has some kind of tuner, I'm not 100% sure about this. Maybe someone from US can tell us. But I know it doesn't have CI slots. Even if it has a tuner, US is using different standards, so it wouldn't work in Europe.
Plug in antenna or cable, and auto search for channels for our SEK-3500Us (Built in tuner)


For `Being a Mistake' , Samsung has not speeded up the return of the HU Series to the Samsung USA website!

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)

Last edited by p5browne; 07-13-2016 at 07:34 AM.
p5browne is online now  
post #17877 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
Because the TV hardware and firmware are the same in Korea and US. US TVs don't have a built in tuner like we have in Europe. So even if you could install the US firmware then part of your TV wouldn't work. But believe me, you can't.
You are correct about it being the same hardware and firmware but we do have a built in Tuner. It is just different than Europe's.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
sikclown is offline  
post #17878 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Rosenberg View Post
I am also waiting for OTA firmware updates here in California on my 65HU9000/SEK 3500. I am hesitant to install 1452 via download, but I did download it and I will probably update to 1452 that way. I'm on 1440 now.

Addendum: The firmware update file is Windows only. I run only Apple stuff. Oh well. It's a sign that I should just be patient and wait for the "automatic" update via the TV OTA, yes?
The firmware package isn't windows or apple. It is a zip file (Apple likely automatically unzips it) which you then move to a USB drive and then insert into your SEK-3500u.

The USB drive should contain a folder called T-HKPAKUC with the Image folder inside of that. That should be the only thing on the usb drive.

These instructions are for Windows but the idea is the same with Mac. I can put together some Mac instructions for you if you like when I get to my Macbook Pro at the office.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co..._T-HKPAKUC.pdf
Larry Rosenberg likes this.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
sikclown is offline  
post #17879 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Plug in antenna or cable, and auto search for channels for our SEK-3500Us (Built in tuner)


For `Being a Mistake' , Samsung has not speeded up the return of the HU Series to the Samsung USA website!
Ok fine, probably not a mistake but I still fail to see why it matters to you. You have a SEK-3500u on both your HU sets. They are only useful, really, for firmware downloads (in my opinion). The F9000 has been gone from Samsung's site for quite sometime but I haven't needed the site either. My support site moved to the HU9000 with the SEK-2500 and then to the JS9000/9500 with the SEK-3500u. I am genuinely curious, what do you need the HU support page for?
rlb and Musician like this.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
sikclown is offline  
post #17880 of 23818 Old 07-13-2016, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,217
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4019 Post(s)
Liked: 3188
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Ok fine, probably not a mistake but I still fail to see why it matters to you. You have a SEK-3500u on both your HU sets. They are only useful, really, for firmware downloads (in my opinion). The F9000 has been gone from Samsung's site for quite sometime but I haven't needed the site either. My support site moved to the HU9000 with the SEK-2500 and then to the JS9000/9500 with the SEK-3500u. I am genuinely curious, what do you need the HU support page for?
# 1 Many people around the world, plus local fence sitters, do NOT have access to the SEK-3500U. It had a limited distribution. Remember all the postings from those looking for it, and still looking?

# 2 HU series are still posting updates on other websites. Why do USA Members have to go outside country to get support from Samsung?

# 3 Still an argument as to us changing back to the old OCB and updating FW when it becomes available as a tangible upgrade, versus what is in the SEK-3500U FW updates. The Original OCB with current FW update, in appearance, is much closer looking to the SEK-3500U, than before.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
SEK-3500U/ZA



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off