2015 Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution Kit - Page 614 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13441Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #18391 of 23814 Old 08-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey, my smart hub just randomly broke one day. TV and everything works great. I was unable to open any app. I'd click on one and nothing happened. I power recycled my TV/ HUB with no luck. I then did a menu reset of my smarthub. I setup the wifi and everything again but now when I pull up the smart hub recent/featured menu that runs across the bottom of the TV, there is just a single black box with nothing but a question mark in the lower left corner of the black box. No apps appear.

I try to click on the black box but nothing happens. I've tried power cycling the TV again with no luck.

Any ideas?
btrach144 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18392 of 23814 Old 08-21-2016, 12:38 AM
 
player002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,246
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3935 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1 View Post
Here is a press release from Samsung regarding their 2015 tv

http://www.tizenexperts.com/2016/01/...hanged-needed/



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahhhh I forgot about this.. Now it all makes sense thanks for filling in the missing pieces..
player002 is offline  
post #18393 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Senior Member
 
CPTuell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 456
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrach144 View Post
Hey, my smart hub just randomly broke one day. TV and everything works great. I was unable to open any app. I'd click on one and nothing happened. I power recycled my TV/ HUB with no luck. I then did a menu reset of my smarthub. I setup the wifi and everything again but now when I pull up the smart hub recent/featured menu that runs across the bottom of the TV, there is just a single black box with nothing but a question mark in the lower left corner of the black box. No apps appear.

I try to click on the black box but nothing happens. I've tried power cycling the TV again with no luck.

Any ideas?
I had similar problem. Unplug from power let it sit for few hours minimum or at bed time and leave overnight. Helped mine.

Good Luck

CPTuell
" I'm a man, I can change, If I have to......I guess." Words to live by. From the Red Green Show...The Man's Prayer
LG OLED65C9PUA & Samsung UN65HU9000/SEK3500/US02,DirecTv HR-54 Genie w/4K MiniGenie, Denon AVR-X3300W, Roku Ultra 4K/HDR, Chromecast Ultra 4K/HDR, Sony UBP-X800
CPTuell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18394 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Senior Member
 
CPTuell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 456
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I'm about to pull trigger on the KS-8500 UHD BR Player for my HU9000 since Sam's and Costco have it for 299.00. My only hesitation is the reported red push on regular BR DVD's. I have quit a few good BR Movies and get 2 rentals a month through Netflix. I have CalMan Basic. Is there a way to calibrate the SEK3500 to get the red push out of the KS-8500.

Thanks

CPTuell
" I'm a man, I can change, If I have to......I guess." Words to live by. From the Red Green Show...The Man's Prayer
LG OLED65C9PUA & Samsung UN65HU9000/SEK3500/US02,DirecTv HR-54 Genie w/4K MiniGenie, Denon AVR-X3300W, Roku Ultra 4K/HDR, Chromecast Ultra 4K/HDR, Sony UBP-X800
CPTuell is offline  
post #18395 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
poppagene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTuell View Post
I'm about to pull trigger on the KS-8500 UHD BR Player for my HU9000 since Sam's and Costco have it for 299.00. My only hesitation is the reported red push on regular BR DVD's. I have quit a few good BR Movies and get 2 rentals a month through Netflix. I have CalMan Basic. Is there a way to calibrate the SEK3500 to get the red push out of the KS-8500.

Thanks
slightly cheaper at hhgregg if you use the current 11% off promo code LABORDAY 319.99 - 35.20 = 284.79
CPTuell likes this.

UN48JS8500 UN55HU6950 w/SEK-3500U UN40HU6950 w/SEK-3500U UBD-K8500 UN37C5000
poppagene is offline  
post #18396 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Senior Member
 
plasmodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuxs1806 View Post
Now, THAT is interesting. But it's a little old (January 2016). Samsung may well have changed their mind since then.
It wouldn't be the first time, unfortunately.

If you search some of my posts, I've provided a link in which Samsung stated Evolution kits from 2013 onward would provide a 4-year upgrade path. As I initially understood it, I thought this meant from the year the consumer decided to buy one, i.e., buying one in 2014 meant you had new SEKs to look forward to purchasing until 2018. I also posted a video in which a Samsung rep acknowledged that most consumers buy new TVs every 7 years. He did this while demonstrating the very first (and very small) SEK attached to the back of a Samsung TV.

The "wishful thinking" IMO is really two things: 1) Samsung not reneging on updating the 2015 JS models via the SEK-3500U (in lieu of not manufacturing a 2016 version); and 2) keeping their original upgrade promise since no one thought Samsung would stop making Evo kits. Hearing about all the wonderful updates KS owners will receive is a bit like salt in the wound, too. I actually had a chance to buy a 60" KS8000 for $500 less than the original sale price, but no 3D in ANY of Samsung's 2016 sets is a deal breaker for me, as I have a substantial Blu-ray 3D collection AND they're still being made! The upcoming Force Awakens and Civil War Blu-ray 3D discs—mega hits—are just two huge examples. I've also heard that 3D televisions have better video processing to begin with than those without, so something like LG's UH8500 (with a VA panel instead of an IPS one) that ticks all the boxes (4K/3D/HDR/DV) may be the way to go depending on industry/consumer trends in the years to come.
King Richard likes this.

Last edited by plasmodeus; 08-22-2016 at 10:23 AM.
plasmodeus is offline  
post #18397 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Manuxs1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Same as you !!
I have about 100 3D Blu-Ray and love this technology.
No longer being able to view them and throwing them in the bin is not even negotiable.
I just bought Kung Fu Panda 3 in 3D, and Jungle Book 3D is just around the corner. Not to talk about The Force Awakens.

And my set is also compatible UHD HDR. My latest purchases (Lucy, Oblivion, Batman v Superman) wow me. The picture quality is probably better on a 2016 set but what I have at home is already more than enough and doesn't justify for me to change set.

All I want now is for Samsung to refresh its Tizen OS, and Netflix HDR.
Manuxs1806 is offline  
post #18398 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 03:23 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmodeus View Post
...no 3D in ANY of Samsung's 2016 sets is a deal breaker for me, as I have a substantial Blu-ray 3D collection AND they're still being made! The upcoming Force Awakens and Civil War Blu-ray 3D discs—mega hits—are just two huge examples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuxs1806 View Post
Same as you !!
I have about 100 3D Blu-Ray and love this technology.
No longer being able to view them and throwing them in the bin is not even negotiable.
I just bought Kung Fu Panda 3 in 3D, and Jungle Book 3D is just around the corner. Not to talk about The Force Awakens.

And my set is also compatible UHD HDR. My latest purchases (Lucy, Oblivion, Batman v Superman) wow me. The picture quality is probably better on a 2016 set but what I have at home is already more than enough and doesn't justify for me to change set.

I totally agree!

I also have a large collection of 3D movies.

I just recently purchased "B vs. S 3D", "Zootopia 3D", "Angry Birds 3D" (which includes the 4K version as well), and a few other ones that I can't remember off hand.

I would not purchase a new TV (at this point anyways) that wasn't 3D.


Richard
King Richard is offline  
post #18399 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Manuxs1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 135
And so one of my permanent interrogations, before buying 3D Blu-Rays, is : will all the TV manufacturers eventually abandon 3D ? Is it still a good idea to keep buying 3D discs if we are bound not to be able to view them in a couple of years ?

I could jump ship to LG in a few years, precisely because of 3D. But what if LG stops supporting 3D also ? What will I do with my 3D collection ? In the light of this possibility, is it still a good idea to invest in 3D movies ?

What's your take in this ?
King Richard likes this.
Manuxs1806 is offline  
post #18400 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Senior Member
 
plasmodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Hey guys, great to see that I'm not alone in supporting 3D!

I find it very amusing to see so many people online sounding the death knell of 3D when tickets to blockbuster movies like Jurassic World continue to be sold, along with their 3D counterpart discs in stores 3-4 months later. Neither of these things would be a reality if the format were truly "dead" like so many "experts" were predicting several years ago. And don't get me started on the sheer number of old and new animated 3D Blu-rays out there, again based on monster hits. Zootopia, Finding Dory, Secret Life of Pets and more—all huge hits and all in 3D. Even if movies stopped being made in 3D for some reason, I could watch animated features like Big Hero 6 in 3D forever!

Samsung TVs coupled with the processing power of the SEK really make 3D shine. And Manuxs, I think LG realizes many consumers out there still enjoy 3D—whether active or passive—and thankfully choose to offer it on their TVs as well. So as far as investing in 3D discs, I say absolutely until you hear that studios have decided to stop making them altogether, which is unlikely. And although 3D wasn't announced as part of the UHD spec, it turns out 4K 3D is a nonexistent format anyway. Plus, the players and TVs of today do such an excellent job of upscaling 1080p Blu-ray discs that it I don't think it matters—the persistent depth effect is what your eyes and brain are processing.

Lastly, although companies like Samsung and Vizio have abandoned 3D, movies like Suicide Squad (#1 at the box office for the third weekend despite the critics) are being shown in IMAX 3D no less, just like Guardians of the Galaxy, Jungle Book, Dawn of Justice, Deadpool, Civil War, etc. Now, not to sound like a raging fanboy, but the 3D ticket and disc sales of these films and more have to be a significant part of the gross. 3D isn't part of the UHD spec, but it's not going away anytime soon and perhaps has the potential of being worked into the spec. For now, I just wish companies would put the 2D and 3D versions on the same 1080p disc that's packaged with the 4K version so consumers aren't forced to choose or double dip!
plasmodeus is offline  
post #18401 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,200
Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4008 Post(s)
Liked: 3182
Yes HDR in some Movies is nice to watch, but, there's just some Movies, when watching, you tell yourself, this would look better in 3D.

What is Avatar's David Cameron making of all this - must be tearing his hair out about now with the way things keep changing.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
post #18402 of 23814 Old 08-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomcrown1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Yes HDR in some Movies is nice to watch, but, there's just some Movies, when watching, you tell yourself, this would look better in 3D.



What is Avatar's David Cameron making of all this - must be tearing his hair out about now with the way things keep changing.


Glass 3D is going away

I suspect that by 2019 we will have glass less 3Dtv

http://mashable.com/2016/01/05/glass.../#A8AFy9l9wZqR

That will be the next big thing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
player002 and King Richard like this.

Samsung un659000/SEK-3500
tomcrown1 is online now  
post #18403 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 02:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Manuxs1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I completely agree with you, plasmodeus.

Not to mention the fact that VR headsets (like the Playstation VR and Occulus Rift) should be compatible with 3D movies too !

I really hope 3D doesn't die anytime soon. I don't want to think that my 100+ 3D collection is worth nothing. And indeed, some movies have been shot with 3D in mind (Avatar or Hugo Cabret for instance; those movies wouldn't probably be as good in 2D HDR as they are in 3D SDR).
Manuxs1806 is offline  
post #18404 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 08:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 16
When does Samsung release Tizen 2 for sek 3500?
Marco Rasero (marco803) is offline  
post #18405 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 10:34 AM
rlb
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OH
Posts: 6,241
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2274 Post(s)
Liked: 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Rasero (marco803) View Post
When does Samsung release Tizen 2 for sek 3500?
I don't believe any of us actually know "when" or even "if"; however, September is the most common rumor.
King Richard likes this.

Sony XBR75Z9D, Samsung 65F9000 , Yamaha CX-A5200 & Outlaw 770
Samsung K8500, OPPO 103-D, Genie 2 and C61Ks, Roku Ultra, ATV4K, and Harmony Elite
rlb is offline  
post #18406 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
 
plasmodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1 View Post
Glass 3D is going away

I suspect that by 2019 we will have glass less 3Dtv

http://mashable.com/2016/01/05/glass.../#A8AFy9l9wZqR

That will be the next big thing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great article, tomcrown1; thanks for sharing!

For the life of me, though, I still don't get lines like this one: "Consumers never really took to 3D TV. Perhaps it was the need for glasses (passive and active)..." You could make the argument that active glasses were initially expensive circa 2011/2012 and had the added expense of batteries, but I've always felt whatever you and your family enjoy in the home is your business—who cares how 3D glasses look on anyone if the effect is cool?! It becomes even sillier when you take passive glasses into account—no shutter, no batteries, and basically the same ones everyone wears at the theater. I maintain that there would be no talk of 3D "dying" if every manufacturer went the passive route and made all the glasses universal for TVs and theaters.

Even sillier, IMO, is Samsung leaving 3D out of this year's KS models BUT releasing the K8500 with 3D capability! Uhhh, whut?
plasmodeus is offline  
post #18407 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
 
plasmodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuxs1806 View Post
I completely agree with you, plasmodeus.

Not to mention the fact that VR headsets (like the Playstation VR and Occulus Rift) should be compatible with 3D movies too !

I really hope 3D doesn't die anytime soon. I don't want to think that my 100+ 3D collection is worth nothing. And indeed, some movies have been shot with 3D in mind (Avatar or Hugo Cabret for instance; those movies wouldn't probably be as good in 2D HDR as they are in 3D SDR).
Hey again, Manuxs1806!

I really wouldn't worry about the future of 3D. In addition to everything listed on this site — http://www.3dmovielist.com/list.html — Rogue One, Assassins Creed, and Thor: Ragnarok are three more major 3D films confirmed for 2016. People are buying the tickets and looking forward to buying the 3D discs whether or not they've seen the films in the theater—not hard to believe when IMAX 3D is yet another option for fans of the format.

Thing is, 3D cameras are probably just as sophisticated as 4K/5K cameras that master directors use. And post-processed 3D has gotten progressively better over the years, to the point where I don't always know if what I'm watching was originally filmed in 3D (like Mad Max, which is post-processed and excellent in 3D as well as 4K). I'm hoping the UHD association will rethink adding 3D to the spec since the format is more than capable of accommodating it. The first 3D Blu-ray discs weren't released until 2010, 4 years after standard Blu-rays hit the market in 2006, so there's that. While it's great in its present 1080p form, I imagine 4K 3D would be even more immersive. Yes, even more wishful thinking!
King Richard and al2teach like this.
plasmodeus is offline  
post #18408 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 01:23 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuxs1806 View Post
And so one of my permanent interrogations, before buying 3D Blu-Rays, is : will all the TV manufacturers eventually abandon 3D ? Is it still a good idea to keep buying 3D discs if we are bound not to be able to view them in a couple of years ?

I could jump ship to LG in a few years, precisely because of 3D. But what if LG stops supporting 3D also ? What will I do with my 3D collection ? In the light of this possibility, is it still a good idea to invest in 3D movies ?

What's your take in this ?

Yeah I hear you. That's one of my concerns as well.

Personally, I will keep buying 3D movies and hope I will still have a way to view them on my next future TV set.

In either case though, at least they DO come with the non-3D Blu-ray.


Richard
King Richard is offline  
post #18409 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTuell View Post
I had similar problem. Unplug from power let it sit for few hours minimum or at bed time and leave overnight. Helped mine.

Good Luck
Thank you!!! I had stopped using my smart hub for two weeks while this was broken. I had waited 10 seconds after unplugging the power but I guess this wasn't enough. It's now fixed after leaving it unplugged last night.

Thank you again! A big help!

I thought I was being given a sign from 'above' to buy an Xbox One S hahaha
btrach144 is offline  
post #18410 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 03:19 PM
 
player002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,246
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3935 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Some people have emailed me saying Ks8000 got HDR+ update and Netflix is working in HDR..Could SEK-3500u version be on the way?

Last edited by player002; 08-23-2016 at 03:27 PM.
player002 is offline  
post #18411 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 03:29 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Yes HDR in some Movies is nice to watch, but, there's just some Movies, when watching, you tell yourself, this would look better in 3D.

What is Avatar's David Cameron making of all this - must be tearing his hair out about now with the way things keep changing.
Not David Cameron (ex Prime Minister of England).... James Cameron
rhmarquez is offline  
post #18412 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomcrown1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 263
This is the official announcement on HDR + from Samsung press room

Notice 2015 sets are not mentioned.

https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...-2016-suhd-tvs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung un659000/SEK-3500
tomcrown1 is online now  
post #18413 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 03:34 PM
 
player002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,246
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3935 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1 View Post
This is the official announcement on HDR + from Samsung press room

Notice 2015 sets are not mentioned.

https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...-2016-suhd-tvs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well today some lucky people got it.
player002 is offline  
post #18414 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Manuxs1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by player002 View Post
Some people have emailed me saying Ks8000 got HDR+ update and Netflix is working in HDR..Could SEK-3500u version be on the way?

KS8000 is a 2016 TV set and it was common knowledge it would be updated.
This still doesn't mean 2015 TV sets or the sek-3500 will be
plasmodeus likes this.
Manuxs1806 is offline  
post #18415 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 04:25 PM
 
player002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,246
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3935 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuxs1806 View Post
KS8000 is a 2016 TV set and it was common knowledge it would be updated.
This still doesn't mean 2015 TV sets or the sek-3500 will be
We have established this but one can hope..
poppagene and plasmodeus like this.
player002 is offline  
post #18416 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,200
Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4008 Post(s)
Liked: 3182
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmarquez View Post
Not David Cameron (ex Prime Minister of England).... James Cameron
Thanks chap - watching too much news from Britain lately, what with the BREXIT, and all!


Note:

HU Series disappearing off the Korean site:

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)

Last edited by p5browne; 08-23-2016 at 05:25 PM.
p5browne is offline  
post #18417 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
plasmodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Thanks chap - watching too much news from Britain lately, what with the BREXIT, and all!


Note:

HU Series disappearing off the Korean site:
Thanks for the update, P5!

I've been using this site for downloads for the last few months: http://www.samsung.com/sec/support/m...-0813-11000279

I wonder if this site will host a September update to coincide with the (purported) Tizen 2 one....perhaps a variation of HDR+ that we all know the SEK can handle with its 8 cores of greatness.
player002 likes this.
plasmodeus is offline  
post #18418 of 23814 Old 08-23-2016, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,200
Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4008 Post(s)
Liked: 3182
Tizen now up to 2.4 I believe

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
post #18419 of 23814 Old 08-24-2016, 02:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
DaMacFunkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, Not the one by the sea
Posts: 865
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 418
I ain't getting into an argument about this but it has been established you can alter and retain seperate CSM adjustments in HDR mode with sek-3500.
You should be calibrating to 50% of Rec2020 with 50% amplitude which is about 96 nits.
I've long ago proven that the secondary's are way off target for rec2020 in Native mode.
DaMacFunkin is offline  
post #18420 of 23814 Old 08-24-2016, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,200
Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4008 Post(s)
Liked: 3182
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
I ain't getting into an argument about this but it has been established you can alter and retain seperate CSM adjustments in HDR mode with sek-3500.
You should be calibrating to 50% of Rec2020 with 50% amplitude which is about 96 nits.
I've long ago proven that the secondary's are way off target for rec2020 in Native mode.
Off Board, the Samsungs can be calibrated in something like a Lumagen Pro for Colors. Same for 10 Point, but at a few thousand dollars, no thanks.
Doesn't help for On Board viewing were only the 2 Point can be done.
Samsung FW updates have greatly improved the Native settings.
Originally Native Primaries and Secondaries were like mountain peaks, leading up to Cyan at the +5 line. 1440.4 now smoothed out the peaks, except now Cyan and Yellow were elevated. With 1460.4, pretty well all equal except for a small dip for Blue. But all within the people don't see less than a 3 difference.
Native settings can be adjusted in the Advance Menu under the ASM, BUT, going into the ASM puts all the LEDs in Dynamic Mode, which then requires a cooling off period before taking another reading. VERY time consuming! Also, NOT really recommended.
I do give thanks to Samsung for greatly improving the Native settings over our original out of the box settings.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
SEK-3500U/ZA

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off