2015 Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution Kit - Page 726 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13431Likes

post #21751 of 23808 Old 04-11-2017, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
the Search This Thread link below the page count in the upper-right of this page does a decent job when only searching one keyword at a time; HST, hopefully this will get you started:
  1. No official word yet
  2. VP9 for YT, and all HDMI ports are HDCP 2.0 and HDMI 2.0a (i.e. HDR)
  3. Yes, but no official log; see #4
  4. Netflix and Amazon UHD HDR has been enabled in the apps, not sure about supported audio
  5. That was most likely about a 2015 JS series, as they have not yet been able to upgrade their OCB yet

Welcome!
Thanks a lot !!!

Sadly I'm pretty new so am not allowed to post external links, but actually about point 5, the article was about a 2013 TV (51F8500) and it can be found in google by the name of "Customer gets full refund for TV after Samsung broke Evolution Kit promise".

And another question if possible. Does the SEK3500 or its software update add a DTS-HD or True-HD audio support?
King Richard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21752 of 23808 Old 04-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rp1 View Post
Thanks a lot !!!

Sadly I'm pretty new so am not allowed to post external links, but actually about point 5, the article was about a 2013 TV (51F8500) and it can be found in google by the name of "Customer gets full refund for TV after Samsung broke Evolution Kit promise".

And another question if possible. Does the SEK3500 or its software update add a DTS-HD or True-HD audio support?
ARC or optical out to an AVR top out at DD5.1 (an ARC/Tosslink bandwidth limitation), same as most TVs. Netflix and Amazon decode DD+ but, again, DD5.1 out.
Musician and King Richard like this.
post #21753 of 23808 Old 04-11-2017, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked: 1792
Yes @c0rp1 , however, those formats are supported in the sense that they can be sent to it, then it knows to ask for the lossy core track (which then gets sent out as DD 5.1 or DTS, depending on your settings; like @PJL99 pointed out). There are currently a handful of TVs on the market that can send the higher bitrate (but still lossy) DD Plus over ARC, just not any Samsung's currently.

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4200W (Klipsch/HSU 5.1.2) | UDP-203 (fw 65-0131) | TiVo Bolt | Roku P+
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | AppleTV4K | TiVo Mini
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K
FS - Scarface and other UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)

Last edited by galonzo; 04-11-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Added link to relevant thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21754 of 23808 Old 04-11-2017, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Quoted: 4000 Post(s)
Liked: 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by player002 View Post
Project Scorpio (Xbox) Is gunna have HDMI 2.1 and freesync 2 via HDMI wow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUQL...ature=youtu.be
Being AMD, does this guarantee that it will over heat?

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
post #21755 of 23808 Old 04-12-2017, 12:55 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Hey my friends!

Back in June of last year I wrote a short "article" (post) about Color Volume.

>What is Color Volume?<

I put a LINK to it in my signature and I'm sure many of you read it in the past.

Recently, I started thinking about revisiting and updating that "article", given the recent increased interest in the subject of Color Volume, and adding additional info, illustrations, and pictures to it.

I finally got around to doing it yesterday, but instead of just updating the original post, I decided to re-post it as a brand new "Thread". Not only did I add additional info, I also adding a whole new section to it.

(This way, it could reach readers from other threads who don't read this one - since the subject matter applies to all TV brands, makes and models.)

I would like to invite you to check-out my new post. (Just click the LINK above or the one in my signature.)

If you like it, please leave a comment to let me know.

Thank You!

Richard
post #21756 of 23808 Old 04-12-2017, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3935 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Being AMD, does this guarantee that it will over heat?
Has liquid cooling Via vapor chamber first in console history!!!
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/project-scorpio
post #21757 of 23808 Old 04-13-2017, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
According to what I was told, the whole concept of the "Evolution Kit" was "too complicated" for the average consumer. Apparently, only the AV cognoscenti who populate online communities such as this appreciate the advantages of having a hardware upgrade path.
The truth of it is that Samsung's implementation of the Evolution Kit was "too complicated" for the average consumer.
post #21758 of 23808 Old 04-14-2017, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 4474 Post(s)
Liked: 5487
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
The truth of it is that Samsung's implementation of the Evolution Kit was "too complicated" for the average consumer.
All this is true based on the length of this AVS forum.

Another way to look at it is, Samsung is in the business to make money and offer innovative products. The SEK-3500 evolution kit was like a swiss army knife in that it was designed to work on a wide range of sets. Because of this, the implementation gets complicated and tricky because every time there is a change, Samsung has to test against a wide range of sets and there is where the problems occur.

If they offered the evolution kit for only a sub-set of the higher end sets, a smaller universe, then they probably would have been ok, but they didn't and this forum demonstrates only a subset of their customers having issues. When the product becomes too costly to support, then it becomes a loss and gets discontinued.

At the end of the day, our sets really have a very good SDR picture, but over the past couple of years the technology has moved so much that no matter what the electronics are, the panels are outdated and there really isn't anything the Evo Kit can do for that. On the HDR front, none of the panels were designed for and can really display HDR properly compared to the new sets so when you combine everything, Samsung is focusing it's efforts on designing new sets to battle their competition, which there is a lot of right now. All that said, when you put everything in perspective, although Samsung made a support commitment, why would they spend "significant" resources on an evolution kit for past sets? Makes you wonder. The good news is at least they are supporting the apps, which is something we could have lost.
SL600 and Larry Rosenberg like this.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #21759 of 23808 Old 04-14-2017, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Any advice anyone?

So I bought a UN50HU6830 in 2014. Best Buy Canada salesperson told me the model is Evo-kit upgrade ready. The TV's box/manual also says so. Samsung support Canada now says no, Best Buy Canada now says no, neither are any help. There is a one connect plug on the TV. On TV's system menu there's an option to back up data prior to installing upgrade kit, it says "so data will be available after completing UHD Evolution Kit Upgrade" ??? I web chatted with Best Buy USA, even though it's a Canadian model never (according to Samsung support) available in the US, Best Buy says my model of TV is compatible with the SEK-3500. Although now a few years old, this page (and a few others I found) say only HU6900 and higher models are compatible. I'm almost certain the SEK-3500 will work, can anyone confirm this for me? Only other option Is the SEK-2500 kit, but isn't that one just for 2013 TVs? I'm not sure which one I need. Samsung support both US/Canada and Best Buy Canada don't want me to buy any Evo upgrade kit, even though I was sold on this HU6830 TV back in 2014 because it could be upgraded. They want me to buy a brand new TV, not one major retailer sells Evolution kits in Canada anymore, I'm guessing because they allow users to access US Netflix and the like. I've only found (in Canada) just one guy on ebay and one obscure Ontario retailer that charges $100 for shipping, that's it that's all. Also will my TV be full 4K ready after the upgrade? I bought a new 4K receiver already, currently I can't get display on the TV to work to set the receiver up, receiver's manual (under HDMI troubleshooting) says connected TV has to be HDCP resolution compatible, will the Evolution kit upgrade make my TV HDCP? Any help would be appreciated please and thank you.
post #21760 of 23808 Old 04-14-2017, 10:06 AM
rlb
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2267 Post(s)
Liked: 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Lungs View Post
So I bought a UN50HU6830 in 2014. Best Buy Canada salesperson told me the model is Evo-kit upgrade ready. The TV's box/manual also says so. Samsung support Canada now says no, Best Buy Canada now says no, neither are any help. There is a one connect plug on the TV. On TV's system menu there's an option to back up data prior to installing upgrade kit, it says "so data will be available after completing UHD Evolution Kit Upgrade" ??? I web chatted with Best Buy USA, even though it's a Canadian model never (according to Samsung support) available in the US, Best Buy says my model of TV is compatible with the SEK-3500. Although now a few years old, this page (and a few others I found) say only HU6900 and higher models are compatible. I'm almost certain the SEK-3500 will work, can anyone confirm this for me? Only other option Is the SEK-2500 kit, but isn't that one just for 2013 TVs? I'm not sure which one I need. Samsung support both US/Canada and Best Buy Canada don't want me to buy any Evo upgrade kit, even though I was sold on this HU6830 TV back in 2014 because it could be upgraded. They want me to buy a brand new TV, not one major retailer sells Evolution kits in Canada anymore, I'm guessing because they allow users to access US Netflix and the like. I've only found (in Canada) just one guy on ebay and one obscure Ontario retailer that charges $100 for shipping, that's it that's all. Also will my TV be full 4K ready after the upgrade? I bought a new 4K receiver already, currently I can't get display on the TV to work to set the receiver up, receiver's manual (under HDMI troubleshooting) says connected TV has to be HDCP resolution compatible, will the Evolution kit upgrade make my TV HDCP? Any help would be appreciated please and thank you.
For what it's worth: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...kit/td-p/72201
Musician likes this.

Sony XBR75Z9D, Samsung 65F9000 , Yamaha CX-A5200 & Outlaw 770
Samsung K8500, OPPO 103-D, Genie 2 and C61Ks, Roku Ultra, ATV4K, and Harmony Elite
post #21761 of 23808 Old 04-14-2017, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
To "For what it's worth:"
Thanks a whole bunch, I've spent I don't know how many hours I've spent trying research/get proper info on this, yelling at non helpful/greedy Samsung support/Best Buy, and 700+ pages here are a little overwhelming to have to scan through in their entirity. The HDR streaming is a non issue for me, our high bandwith web connections are seriously expensive here, plus we don't get many streaming service options in my part of the country, pretty much just Netflix Canada which has about 1/4 of the content of US Netflix for the same price. I'm just wanting to get my new 4K receiver/4K blu-ray player surround sound up and working properly, currently the TV (a gift from the wife just two years ago) won't even display my new receiver's set-up process, and I don't dare bring home a brand new TV and thus endure the subsequent wrath. Kind regards.
post #21762 of 23808 Old 04-15-2017, 08:53 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
post #21763 of 23808 Old 04-17-2017, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey there guys. I would like to apologize if this has already been answered.
I've gone through 200 pages and still can't find a direct answer.

I have a UA50HU7000 Samsung TV. I recently bought PS4Pro and found out this TV does not have HDR.
Hence, I bought the SEK-3500U/XS to get the HDR upgrade.

I would like to point out that the evolution kit I bought is not brand new. It is second-hand and has probably been used in another TV model.

I followed the instructions on the manual to install the evolution kit.
However I am facing a few issues.

1) After unplugging the power supply (until the red light goes off) and turning on the TV, there is no "welcome" or "first time setup" screen.
2) The display is not clear and have white dots and lines everywhere.
3) The display is upside down.
4) An error appears after a minute saying "The connected one connect box is not supported by your tv" and the TV automatically shut off.

In the 1 minute before the TV shuts down, I am able to enter the TV settings and it is stated that the model is JS9500. This might be the model from the previous owner. I have tried to reset from the TV menu but no change.

After reading through this forum, I think I have to enter the service menu and change the model or factory reset?
Can someone please advice me

Thank you!
post #21764 of 23808 Old 04-18-2017, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Quoted: 2656 Post(s)
Liked: 5319

Netflix UltraHD HDR Content - Updated List

Sandy Wexler available now in HDR!

In order to view HDR on your SEK-3500 make sure it is running at least Firmware Update 1481.1 in the US and Canada along with the latest Smart Hub Netflix app which was updated to version 6.20001 dated February 21, 2017.

Keep in mind that you need to have an upgraded Netflix account which includes a subscription to their 4 screen UltraHD 4K content. For more on that, please visit the Netflix website for your country.

Note: The following list applies to the United States and Canada except those indicated with an asterisk. Although most of these are included in the Netflix app's UltraHD 4K section, I found that in a few cases they did not so I had to search for them to discover that, sure enough, they were also tagged as HDR

Available Now

• Abstract - Season 1
  • Chefs Table - Season 3 only
  • Chefs Table France - Season 1
  • Cosmos Laundromat *
  • DareDevil - Season 1 & 2
  • Hibana Spark - Season 1
  • Iron Fist - Season 1
  • Jessica Jones - Season 1
  • Knights of Sidonia - Season 1 & 2
  • Luke Cage - Season 1
  • Marco Polo - Season 1 & 2
  • Marco Polo: One Hundred Eyes
  • Meridian - Season 1
  • Samurai Gourmet - Season 1
  • Sandy Wexler
  • Santa Clarita Diet - Season 1
  • Sparks - 3 Minute Demo
  • The Do-Over
  • The OA
  • The Ridiculous 6

* Not available in Canada

Announced / Coming Soon

• A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • Bloodline
  • Marvel’s The Defenders
rlb, doctorwizz and galonzo like this.

Samsung UN78HU9000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UN40HU7000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-ray Player; Apple TV 4K
Arris VIP5662W UHD Whole Home DVR; Chromecast Ultra
Marantz SR7005 Receiver; Magnepan Speakers; Martin Logan Subwoofer
post #21765 of 23808 Old 04-18-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6818 View Post
Hey there guys. I would like to apologize if this has already been answered.
I've gone through 200 pages and still can't find a direct answer.

I have a UA50HU7000 Samsung TV. I recently bought PS4Pro and found out this TV does not have HDR.
Hence, I bought the SEK-3500U/XS to get the HDR upgrade.

I would like to point out that the evolution kit I bought is not brand new. It is second-hand and has probably been used in another TV model.

I followed the instructions on the manual to install the evolution kit.
However I am facing a few issues.

1) After unplugging the power supply (until the red light goes off) and turning on the TV, there is no "welcome" or "first time setup" screen.
2) The display is not clear and have white dots and lines everywhere.
3) The display is upside down.
4) An error appears after a minute saying "The connected one connect box is not supported by your tv" and the TV automatically shut off.

In the 1 minute before the TV shuts down, I am able to enter the TV settings and it is stated that the model is JS9500. This might be the model from the previous owner. I have tried to reset from the TV menu but no change.

After reading through this forum, I think I have to enter the service menu and change the model or factory reset?
Can someone please advice me

Thank you!
If it's saying JS9500 - could be one of two things - an OCB for a JS9500, which DOES NOT work as a SEK-3500U. (Service Menu changes will NOT work!)
Secondly, if it is a real SEK-3500U (Read the bottom of the OCB for a 3" square sticker saying SEK-3500U on it.) it may have been modded with the JS Mod. In which case the Service Menu will have to be entered to change it to your Model #, and a Factory Reset done. If unfamiliar with this procedure, NOT recommended for newbies!

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post52091185
galonzo likes this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's

Last edited by p5browne; 04-18-2017 at 10:06 AM.
post #21766 of 23808 Old 04-18-2017, 12:42 PM

Despite Samsung having pushed FW # 1490.3 to our sets, they've still not updated any of their websites?

Edit:

I guess someone in Samsung's Korean office reads this website: FW # 1490.3 now available:

http://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/UN65JS9000F/

or here:

http://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/UN65JS9500F
King Richard likes this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine

Last edited by p5browne; 04-18-2017 at 09:15 PM.
post #21767 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 05:20 AM

Hey guys,
In 2017 any new evolution kit will come out ? Anyone have information or not?
post #21768 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 4474 Post(s)
Liked: 5487
Here we go again lol
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-hi...l#post41716177

Just to stir the pot, Scott is going to come back after talking to Samsung and say that we have 8 bit panels

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #21769 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizmas View Post
Hey guys,
Samsung has stated `No more Evolution kits!'
King Richard likes this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
post #21770 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Here we go again lol
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-hi...l#post41716177

Just to stir the pot, Scott is going to come back after talking to Samsung and say that we have 8 bit panels
Did Scott give an update? You linked to something over a year old.

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500
post #21771 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
When and where did they state that? They stated that there was no kit for 2016 but I hadn't seen anything else. I suspect you are correct in the assumption/statement though.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
post #21772 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
When and where did they state that? They stated that there was no kit for 2016 but I hadn't seen anything else. I suspect you are correct in the assumption/statement though.
Can't point you to the correct area for this, but, essentially, due to panels now changing so much from year to year, changing the electronics for an old panel isn't feasible any longer. Just look at the Nit level increases over the last several years, and will continue to do so. Changing the electronics, won't do the trick. needs the newer panels. Samsung's promise for a 5 year future proofing was unrealistic, but was effective for a couple of years, until drastic advances in technology made the promise impossible to keep.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
post #21773 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Hey guys,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can't point you to the correct area for this, but, essentially, due to panels now changing so much from year to year, changing the electronics for an old panel isn't feasible any longer. Just look at the Nit level increases over the last several years, and will continue to do so. Changing the electronics, won't do the trick. needs the newer panels. Samsung's promise for a 5 year future proofing was unrealistic, but was effective for a couple of years, until drastic advances in technology made the promise impossible to keep.
Until someone can prove unequivocally that Samsung has said "No evo kits in 2017" we are getting one Sorry couldn't resist, lmfao! I'll shut up now
King Richard likes this.

UN60HU8550FXZC / UHD w/ SEK-3500U, Arris VIP5662W Whole Home PVR, ONKYO TX-SR353, 4K Apple TV and UBD-K8500 /ZC
UN65KS8000FXZC /SUHD w/Arris VIP5662W Whole Home PVR, Denon AVR-S720W 5.1.2 and UBD-K8500 /ZC
post #21774 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost too old View Post
Quote:
Hey guys,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Until someone can prove unequivocally that Samsung has said "No evo kits in 2017" we are getting one Sorry couldn't resist, lmfao! I'll shut up now
Saves me $300-500 if none lol
almost too old likes this.
post #21775 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior22 View Post
Saves me $300-500 if none lol
Glad you saw my sarcastic sense of humour

UN60HU8550FXZC / UHD w/ SEK-3500U, Arris VIP5662W Whole Home PVR, ONKYO TX-SR353, 4K Apple TV and UBD-K8500 /ZC
UN65KS8000FXZC /SUHD w/Arris VIP5662W Whole Home PVR, Denon AVR-S720W 5.1.2 and UBD-K8500 /ZC
post #21776 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost too old View Post
Evo Kit upgrades are only available in the alternate universe, where electronic advancements are slower than ours!
almost too old likes this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
post #21777 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
If it's saying JS9500 - could be one of two things - an OCB for a JS9500, which DOES NOT work as a SEK-3500U. (Service Menu changes will NOT work!)
Secondly, if it is a real SEK-3500U (Read the bottom of the OCB for a 3" square sticker saying SEK-3500U on it.) it may have been modded with the JS Mod. In which case the Service Menu will have to be entered to change it to your Model #, and a Factory Reset done. If unfamiliar with this procedure, NOT recommended for newbies!
Hey there! Thanks for your reply! I have managed to solve most of the probem!
Yes the issue was with the JS Mod. I had to enter Service menu and factory reset the kit. Immediately everything became alright; no upside down display, no blurry/white line display and my TV had HDR for my PS4 Pro. Everything was all good until....

...the next day! The blurry/white line issue was back. I did not know how to handle this problem. I tried playing around with the tv settings (not service menu settings) but no change. One thing did work for me tho... I pulled out the evolution kit while the TV was still running and the TV revert to its default display with no issues. And when I immediately plugged in the evolution kit back while the TV was running, the display became good again. Weird....

I assumed this could be a permanent fix... but when I turned off the TV and turned on today morning, the problem arises. Trying the above method did not fix it so I guess I was just lucky yesterday.

Anyway, anyone faced this problem? I'm guessing it has something to do with the service menu but I don't really know what to configure in it. Anyone can help? Really sorry for my long post
post #21778 of 23808 Old 04-19-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Hey there! Thanks for your reply. Yes my kit was with the JS Mod. I entered the service menu to factory reset the kit and all the problems went away! No upside down display, no blurry/white lines and my TV had HDR for my PS4 Pro. Everything was good....

.... until I turned it off at night and turned it on the next day. The blurry/white line issue came back. It's like static interference on the display. I did not know how to fix this issue. I played around with the TV settings (not service menu settings) but nothing changed. However, I tried pulling out the evolution kit while the TV was turned on. The TV immediately reset to the original model with good display. When I fixed the evolution kit back while the TV was running, the TV reset to the evolution kit model without the blurry/white lines issue and all was good again. I turned off and turned on my TV, the display was still good as if nothing happened. What??

Today morning when I turned on the TV, the issue happened again. I tried the method I used yesterday but this issue did not go away. So I guess I was just lucky yesterday. One thing to note is, when I carry out the "Picture Test" from the TV menu... Picture 1 has the problem but Picture 2 is perfectly fine.

Anyone has this problem or knows how to fix it? I'm guessing it's the service menu setting but I don't know which one to configure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and sorry for the long post!
post #21779 of 23808 Old 04-20-2017, 12:22 PM

Run all the SVC Resets in the Service Menu.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
post #21780 of 23808 Old 04-20-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Run all the SVC Resets in the Service Menu.
Hey there. Thanks for your suggestion. I tried turning on the TV after work yesterday and the issue was still there.
However after 30mins of playing around, I turned it on and off, the issue went away automatically. Just like the previous day....
I played my PS4 Pro for 5 hours after that and no problem.

Turned it off at night and turn it on today morning, issue came back.
It feels like the evolution kit needs to warm for the issue to go away. Weird...

Will run all the SVC reset soon. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
SEK-3500U/ZA

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page