AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4474 Post(s)
MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
Further to the 5th bullet, my recollection is that at one time Samsung advertised that the HU could mirror in both directions but “due to copyright issues” removed that functionality. And unless you own an android device, the SEK-3500 only allows mirroring using an android so no support for iPhones, iPads, and the like.
- includes the ‘2018 Smart Hub’, meaning Samsung’s latest version of its Tizen operating system and user interface
- the box is compatible with the company’s SmartThings platform
- comes bundled with the new ‘One Remote’.
- it has a quad-core processor... so we went from quad-core... to octa-core... and back to quad-core
- supports mirroring from/to a smartphone
- costs 299 Euros (about the equivalent of $350 USD)
As we all know a 2018 Evo Kit is not going to drop a new panel or all related features into our TVs (anymore than the HU8550’s received all the features of the flagship HU9000 with the SEK-3500 or Quantum dots not introduced until the 2015 JS series) but I would expect it to bring 2018 ‘compatible’ features to our TVs possible through an Evo Kit upgrade depending on our model.
- does it support HDR10+
- does it support HLG
- does it support VP9 Prolfile 2 to obtain 4K HDR from YouTube
- does it upgrade the HDMI ports to 2.0b
- does it do Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) / Atmos over HDMI ARC which some competitors have been doing since 2016
- does it include the One Invisible Connection™
- does it include 2018 features like Information hub to “get useful information such as weather, outdoor temperature and major headlines displayed on the screen”
- does it support “Bixby Voice”