AVS Forum banner

2015 Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution Kit

2M views 24K replies 991 participants last post by  SaberJet 
#1 ·
Since this is the "Next Big Thing" I thought I would start a new thread. 3-2-1-GO!

#23,961 ·
For those wanting a Service Remote, but not wanting to buy one, there is a bypass shown in this YouTube Video that turns on the Advance Menu option in the SM. (First part, not the change values part.)

Note: I have tried this change values fix, and I DO NOT Recommend it ! I DO NOT recommend anyone going into the SM, nor ASM except to turn on the Expert Day and Night. If NOT sure what you're doing - strong advice - stay out of SMs and ASMs !

“Fix Auto dimming for samsung tvs” by CmdrGreene
Thought we discussed this over five years ago.

stay safe - stay healthy - stay smart

#23,968 · (Edited)
May 9, 2020 CNET article on cables:
https://www.cnet.com/news/best-hdmi-cables-for-your-new-4k-and-hdr-tv-for-2020/

I bought a monoprice certified premium 3' set. Has official ceritified seal on package. Am returning non-certified 8k ultra slim set. And non-certified cable matters 3' 8k ultra high speed set.
But if the monoprice premium certified are so good, why are there 111 critical reviews on Amazon saying they're junk? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review...tBy=recent&pageNumber=1&filterByStar=critical

#23,972 · (Edited)
Hi, Iam interested in the SEK-3500 kit. i have UA65HU9000R and looking to upgrade my evo kit.

Thanks
sudarshan
Evolution Kit Model Numbers are Specific to each Country

Just like our TVs, which is identified by the first two characters in the TV's model number (e.g. in North America a similar TV as yours would be denoted as the UN65HU9000)… the last two digits of the SEK-3500 model denote what country it is compatible with so in North America our models are denoted as "ZA" which is different for each group of designated area of countries.

Before jumping in and purchasing @scorpioboy's Evolution Kit take note that he lives in Canada so he would more than likely be selling an SEK-3500U/ZA which may not be compatice with the UA65HU9000R.

To ensure you purchase the correct model for your TV contact Samsung Support in your country or do a Search this Thread and see if you can find any information.

Note: Although in a few cases guys have had some success using an Evolution Kit designed for another country it may lack certain features or require changing values in the service menus which can brick your SEK-3500.

I was just responding to your earlier post and noticed you just posted this...

HI All,

I own a late 2015, HU65UA9000R TV and the box stopped working, i am looking to buy a used SEK-3500 instead of a new TV. Does anyone know where can i get one?
This is unfortunate because in order to install the SEK-3500 you would need an original One Connect Box (again developed for TVs in your country) in order to do the installation of the Evo Kit.

Probably not a wise investment!

#23,974 ·
Evolution Kit Model Numbers are Specific to each Country

Just like our TVs, which is identified by the first two characters in the TV's model number (e.g. in North America a similar TV as yours would be denoted as the UN65HU9000)… the last two digits of the SEK-3500 model denote what country it is compatible with so in North America our models are denoted as "ZA" which is different for each group of designated area of countries.

Before jumping in and purchasing @scorpioboy's Evolution Kit take note that he lives in Canada so he would more than likely be selling an SEK-3500U/ZA which may not be compatice with the UA65HU9000R.

To ensure you purchase the correct model for your TV contact Samsung Support in your country or do a Search this Thread and see if you can find any information.

Note: Although in a few cases guys have had some success using an Evolution Kit designed for another country it may lack certain features or require changing values in the service menus which can brick your SEK-3500.

I was just responding to your earlier post and noticed you just posted this...

This is unfortunate because in order to install the SEK-3500 you would need an original One Connect Box (again developed for TVs in your country) in order to do the installation of the Evo Kit.

Probably not a wise investment!
Thanks !!! did not really think about country restrictions !!! Glad you chimed in.

#23,975 ·
#23,976 ·
@DweibOne, that looks good here for Monoprice.

A lot of mail order company's would expect you to pay return shipping and some would also want to deduct an xx% "restocking fee" and hold your refund until return was complete.

There's cost for them in not only shipping cost, but then sorting, testing and getting them back into stock.

You may have a friend who has a need or use for them and your gifting would strengthen your friendship. :cool:
Art

#23,980 · (Edited)
YouTube is also restricting bandwidth right now. Too many people on.
Although the Samsung TV onboard app is currently defaulting to 1280 x 720 (see thumbnail 1), this can be circumvented by pressing the up arrow on the remote while the video is playing (see thumbnail 2), and pressing on the 3 verticle dots and when ‘More’ appears (see thmbnal 3), press HD or 4K which will provide a selection list of other available resolutions (see thumbnail 4).

Now select 2160p 4K if applicable to display the video at 3840 x 2160 (see thumbnail 5).

Note: Just in case guys aren’t aware, the onboard app is not able to display YouTube videos in 4K HDR because the SEK-3500 only supports the VP9 codec. YouTube HDR requires support for the VP9.2 codec which is available on newer devices discussed on these threads like the Chromecast Ultra, the Firestick 4K, and an assortment of other devices.

Attachments