Originally Posted by wisdompaths
Me too. Notice lot less compression noise/artifacting with 950b than 930c or 850c especially when smooth gradation setting engaged. Still considering exchanging for oled. What are your thoughts on sony vs oled?
I read earlier that the LG OLED had bad screen uniformity. If you are in the market for 65 then Id definitely check it out myself as that's what Id go for. In the meantime, since I was in the 75"+ market I went for 940C.
came from 65VT60 then 75F8000.
i still need a few days tweaking the settings to get the picture I want. But Id say its definitely a great TV.
the Plasma was awesome but:
- wasnt very bright in daylight
- plasma has this little noise all over that you can see when close.
- limited to 65"...
- retention was a problem. I forgot mine in THX mode while gaming and I burnt it.
The Samsung was great too
- great blacks, color and motion
- but bad case of DSE (all of them) and overall screen uniformity awsnt great
- had horizontal band in mid tones plain colors all accross the screen (not that big of a deal but disctracting)
- all the rest was really nice.
The Sony seems like it will be the best of the 3 IMO.
will report once I finished my settings (I kinda hate TV menus. These guys (all of them) should learn a little from Apple