**Official** Sony X930C / X940C Owners Thread - Page 218 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7017Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6511 of 14433 Old 01-08-2016, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,376
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Completely agree.
I fail to see what can be "improved" with blacks.


My guess too.




MITHC is really almost unwatchable with the default settings.

Curious, have you made any changes to the HDR settings and if so what did you change? I haven't yet, but thinking about playing around with it, possibly making changes to the Contrast & maybe the Brightness as well. I am considering getting this TV professionally calibrated but waiting for everything to settle down a bit with the firmware updates and until I get more familiar with HDR.
mt14942 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6512 of 14433 Old 01-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
 
marcuslaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,554
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyork View Post
ll try 3d content soon.DK
Brace yourself. I have never seen a more impressive 3-D display and that includes theatrically. Try Imax: Hubble (turn it up too, to hell with the neighbors), any of the Lichtmonds, T.S. Spivet (if you don't have a region free player, I think it's region free in Norway), or even Exodus.
oink, brickyardz and arftech like this.
marcuslaw is offline  
post #6513 of 14433 Old 01-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
dkyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslaw View Post
Brace yourself. I have never seen a more impressive 3-D display and that includes theatrically. Try Imax: Hubble (turn it up too, to hell with the neighbors), any of the Lichtmonds, T.S. Spivet (if you don't have a region free player, I think it's region free in Norway), or even Exodus.
Have you or anyone found any 3d streaming apps? I read back in the thread that said none of the apps support 3d? I signed up for the 3d bluray rental website, but really no 3d streaming apps?

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
dkyork is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6514 of 14433 Old 01-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
 
marcuslaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,554
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Aside from YouTube, streaming 3-D from apps isn't supported.
dkyork likes this.
marcuslaw is offline  
post #6515 of 14433 Old 01-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslaw View Post
Aside from YouTube, streaming 3-D from apps isn't supported.
I’m a 930C owner since last Oct. I really like this TV for its great upscaling and spectacular native 4K picture. I’ve been using Netflix and YouTube for 4K content but I am now trying to get 4K input from my new Surface Pro 4 PC.
My model of Surface Pro 4 has the Intel Iris 540 graphics chip which is capable of outputting 4k content at [email protected] When I connect the SP4 to my 930C, and look at Display Settings” in Windows 10, the max resolution I see is 1920X1080.
The picture looks really good however. When I play Costa Rica 4K or Honey Bees 4k on YouTube and compare to playing the downloaded versions through the SP4 on the 930C, they look identical to me. The 930C upscaling is good but I don’t think it’s that good so I must be getting 4k input.
So my questions are, has anyone else driven a 4K stream into this set from a Windows 10 PC? If so what 4K resolution options are you seeing under “Display Settings”?
The display driver I have installed on my PC for the external monitor is named “Generic PnP monitor” dated 2006-06-21. I would have expected a more current generic driver or a diver published by Sony specifically for the 930C or its generic class. If you are running 4k from a Windows PC, what driver are you seeing?
So probably these Windows settings are all irrelevant and the 4K stream gets though just fine despite what they show. Just looking for confirmation of that.
Thanks
ihrytsak is offline  
post #6516 of 14433 Old 01-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Senior Member
 
2pacalypsenow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrytsak View Post
I’m a 930C owner since last Oct. I really like this TV for its great upscaling and spectacular native 4K picture. I’ve been using Netflix and YouTube for 4K content but I am now trying to get 4K input from my new Surface Pro 4 PC.
My model of Surface Pro 4 has the Intel Iris 540 graphics chip which is capable of outputting 4k content at [email protected] When I connect the SP4 to my 930C, and look at Display Settings” in Windows 10, the max resolution I see is 1920X1080.
The picture looks really good however. When I play Costa Rica 4K or Honey Bees 4k on YouTube and compare to playing the downloaded versions through the SP4 on the 930C, they look identical to me. The 930C upscaling is good but I don’t think it’s that good so I must be getting 4k input.
So my questions are, has anyone else driven a 4K stream into this set from a Windows 10 PC? If so what 4K resolution options are you seeing under “Display Settings”?
The display driver I have installed on my PC for the external monitor is named “Generic PnP monitor” dated 2006-06-21. I would have expected a more current generic driver or a diver published by Sony specifically for the 930C or its generic class. If you are running 4k from a Windows PC, what driver are you seeing?
So probably these Windows settings are all irrelevant and the 4K stream gets though just fine despite what they show. Just looking for confirmation of that.
Thanks
Sound like the output port on the SP4 might not allow for 4k , is it using a Mini displayport?
2pacalypsenow is offline  
post #6517 of 14433 Old 01-08-2016, 05:14 PM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 34,843
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Curious, have you made any changes to the HDR settings and if so what did you change?
I have, but it depends on the content.
If I find the video questionable (like the retina-searing MITHC), I'll make an adjustment or 2.


Quote:
I am considering getting this TV professionally calibrated but waiting for everything to settle down a bit with the firmware updates and until I get more familiar with HDR.
Waiting is a good idea IMO.



oink is offline  
post #6518 of 14433 Old 01-08-2016, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,333
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6130
My 930C improved greatly after a grayscale calibration. That being said, I think Spectracal is still finalizing their UHD stuff for the calibrators. My plan was to have Chad back in Mar or April for a touch up, depending on when this is worked out.

Not sure if you can even cal this 930C in HDR mode, but I think you will still need a UHD mode and a "normal" mode.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
Panasonic UB820 / ATV4K
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / RP-500SA / FV15HP (5.1.2)
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #6519 of 14433 Old 01-08-2016, 05:26 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrytsak View Post
I’m a 930C owner since last Oct. I really like this TV for its great upscaling and spectacular native 4K picture. I’ve been using Netflix and YouTube for 4K content but I am now trying to get 4K input from my new Surface Pro 4 PC.
My model of Surface Pro 4 has the Intel Iris 540 graphics chip which is capable of outputting 4k content at [email protected] When I connect the SP4 to my 930C, and look at Display Settings” in Windows 10, the max resolution I see is 1920X1080.
The picture looks really good however. When I play Costa Rica 4K or Honey Bees 4k on YouTube and compare to playing the downloaded versions through the SP4 on the 930C, they look identical to me. The 930C upscaling is good but I don’t think it’s that good so I must be getting 4k input.
So my questions are, has anyone else driven a 4K stream into this set from a Windows 10 PC? If so what 4K resolution options are you seeing under “Display Settings”?
The display driver I have installed on my PC for the external monitor is named “Generic PnP monitor” dated 2006-06-21. I would have expected a more current generic driver or a diver published by Sony specifically for the 930C or its generic class. If you are running 4k from a Windows PC, what driver are you seeing?
So probably these Windows settings are all irrelevant and the 4K stream gets though just fine despite what they show. Just looking for confirmation of that.
Thanks
Maybe the TV HDMI signal format needs to be set to *[enhanced format ]* in the TV settings HDMI input signal format sub menu and it may work at 2160p/60 and 2160p /30 try that first .

You can also use a mini display port to HDMI adapter or cable and make a custom 3840 x2160p /60 or 3840 x2160p /60 resolution in your iGPU driver GUI if it doesn't work like that or over ride it in Windows set custom resolution settings .

Looks like Your iGPU driver is set in windows to run the video and reading your TV EDID data stream as 1080p because it's data base or Windows 10 data base may be out of date so it goes home to mamma at 1080p .

Again maybe the TV HDMI format just needs to be set to enhanced in the TV for that HDMI input

The Intel Iris 540 IGPU in there is pretty weak as compared to decent 4K dGPU's than can cost ~$700.00 or much more to push out 2160p/60 4:4:4: and 4:2:0 but might be fine at 2160p /30 @ 4:2:0 as long as you ain't trying to play SWBF or something like that even at 1080p ultra or even at all.

Should be an easy fix try a custom resolution @ 3840 x2160p/30 @4:2:0 at first then try 3840x2160p/60 and see what shakes out you can probably do 2160p/30 @4:2:0 on HDMI to HDMI connection and that will be fine for ,4K You tube etc. ofc you may know .U cant get 4K Netflix on a PC only in the TV or a 4K extender .

FWIW You Tube 4K downloads usually play from a hdd or flash drive better than VP9 steaming .

Here is the spot to download TV factory 4K and 4K HDR demo loop eye candy files play them from a USB flash drive or USB NTFS hdd straight into the TV and use the vidio usb app or VLC app , KODI gives mixed results on these mp4 videos it might not see or play all of them. VLC TV app plays everything .I have 50GB of these and some other stuff on a dedicated 3TB USB NTFS external desktop 3.5" Seagate Back up Plus hdd for the TV

http://demo-uhd3d.com/index.php

Sent from Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy . Build 11082

Last edited by Z1-B; 01-08-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Z1-B is offline  
post #6520 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 02:44 AM
Newbie
 
rainlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgemboandislic View Post
Please keep us posted, I've been away from home for a month now so I couldn't try the factory reset yet. I'm thinking of returning it all together and getting the 930C instead (although I'm perfectly happy with picture quality, except motion)
Just to update. After the factory reset things seemed OK for a while, but now they're back to the old way again with black screens and choppiness. So I contacted the repair company that deals with Sony repairs here and explained everything, and they replied and said it's a "main board phenomenon", and to bring the TV in.

I'll let you know how this progresses. But for now I'm going back to the store where I bought it to see if they can do the work of bringing the TV in for repair as I've no car
rainlord is offline  
post #6521 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Aniwolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
My 930C improved greatly after a grayscale calibration. That being said, I think Spectracal is still finalizing their UHD stuff for the calibrators. My plan was to have Chad back in Mar or April for a touch up, depending on when this is worked out.

Not sure if you can even cal this 930C in HDR mode, but I think you will still need a UHD mode and a "normal" mode.
I can't seem to get rid of light bleeding on the sides of my tv, unless I crush the blacks while watching darker scenes. It doesn't happen in every dark scene, keep in mind.
So, I watched Gravity last night with a ambient light in the room and I was very disappointed with the performance. Gray flames from both sides is the best way I can describe it. Its great during the day for the most part. I used Cinema Pro mostly default settings. No matter how I adjust the backlight...I can't seem to get rid of it. My edge lite Vizio doesn't do this! So frustrated...will most likely need to return it.

Last edited by Aniwolfe; 01-09-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Aniwolfe is offline  
post #6522 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1-B View Post
Maybe the TV HDMI signal format needs to be set to *[enhanced format ]* in the TV settings HDMI input signal format sub menu and it may work at 2160p/60 and 2160p /30 try that first .

You can also use a mini display port to HDMI adapter or cable and make a custom 3840 x2160p /60 or 3840 x2160p /60 resolution in your iGPU driver GUI if it doesn't work like that or over ride it in Windows set custom resolution settings .

Looks like Your iGPU driver is set in windows to run the video and reading your TV EDID data stream as 1080p because it's data base or Windows 10 data base may be out of date so it goes home to mamma at 1080p .

Again maybe the TV HDMI format just needs to be set to enhanced in the TV for that HDMI input

The Intel Iris 540 IGPU in there is pretty weak as compared to decent 4K dGPU's than can cost ~$700.00 or much more to push out 2160p/60 4:4:4: and 4:2:0 but might be fine at 2160p /30 @ 4:2:0 as long as you ain't trying to play SWBF or something like that even at 1080p ultra or even at all.

Should be an easy fix try a custom resolution @ 3840 x2160p/30 @4:2:0 at first then try 3840x2160p/60 and see what shakes out you can probably do 2160p/30 @4:2:0 on HDMI to HDMI connection and that will be fine for ,4K You tube etc. ofc you may know .U cant get 4K Netflix on a PC only in the TV or a 4K extender .

FWIW You Tube 4K downloads usually play from a hdd or flash drive better than VP9 steaming .

Here is the spot to download TV factory 4K and 4K HDR demo loop eye candy files play them from a USB flash drive or USB NTFS hdd straight into the TV and use the vidio usb app or VLC app , KODI gives mixed results on these mp4 videos it might not see or play all of them. VLC TV app plays everything .I have 50GB of these and some other stuff on a dedicated 3TB USB NTFS external desktop 3.5" Seagate Back up Plus hdd for the TV



Sent from Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy . Build 11082
Setting the 930C to enhanced for the SurfacePro 4 HDMI input did not change anything. The resolution shown in Display Settings ==> Advanced Display Settings is still 1920X1280 and there are no higher resolution options to select.

I am using a mini display port to HDMI adapter as the Surface Pro 4 does not have a full size HDMI port and I don't see an option anywhere to specify a custom resolution.

Also, I understand that Intel does not permit custom EDID overrides. I've looked into using a couple of utilities to do this and they both report that they are compatible with only AMD/ATI and NVIDIA for that reason.

Once again, I am happy with the picture I am getting from the SP4. My eyes are not the best but I can see a very good level of detail in the picture which assures me that it is in 4K despite what Windows 10 is telling me. Perhaps as you suggest the Windows 10 driver is out of date and it's database does not contain resolutions above 1080 matching the 930C. Possibly it is simply passing the 4K data stream through to the 930C?

I would like to obtain the EDID data from the 930C to see what it's telling Windows 10 about it's supported resolutions but I expect that the data is complicated. Maybe there is a utility that can do this or at least one that can interpret the Windows 10 registry data for the 930C display. I may look into this further.

Thanks very much for your help. You provided some very good and useful information.
ihrytsak is offline  
post #6523 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Member
 
Rizob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizob View Post
So after watching a few 3D blu-rays on my X930 (Mad Max, Ant Man and Terminator Genisys), it appears as though they are being shown in a lower resolution than 1080p, I thought this TV was supposed to be able to display 3D movies at full resolution? It appears to me something along the likes of 720p if I was to take a guess, complete with some aliasing. I've tried using my PS3, PS4 and Xbone all with the same result.
So does no one else experience this?


I'm sure that reviews I read prior to getting this TV mentioned it was able to display 3D at full resolution due to being a 4k display with active glasses, but there's no way it has the detail of 2D versions of the same Blu-rays. It reminds me of my parents 1080p LG with passive glasses, which can only output at something like 720p in 3D.
Rizob is offline  
post #6524 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 11:34 AM
Newbie
 
kfc2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just received the 65x930c this morning and I came from 65x900a and I think the 65x900a gives better 3d resolution than the 65x930c (Better depth on 3d?)
I am using the active 3d glasses that come with the 930c. I wonder if there are better 3d glasses out there that can give better depth to the 3d pictures?

kfc2
kfc2 is offline  
post #6525 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,214
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc2 View Post
I just received the 65x930c this morning and I came from 65x900a and I think the 65x900a gives better 3d resolution than the 65x930c (Better depth on 3d?)
I am using the active 3d glasses that come with the 930c. I wonder if there are better 3d glasses out there that can give better depth to the 3d pictures?
I think that is the best you can get, 3D seems to be leaving us anyways. Well should I say not as much content anymore.

Passive 3D is what you had and you now have Active 3D this is most likely what you are seeing......

Not sure anything much can be done to make it look as good as the other.........

Current Sets: Sony XBR65A9F Master Series, Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, TCL 65R617
Previous Sets: Samsung Q9FN, Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C, TCL P-Series (55P607)

Last edited by Viper32; 01-09-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Viper32 is offline  
post #6526 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,082
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12877 Post(s)
Liked: 12246
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc2 View Post
I just received the 65x930c this morning and I came from 65x900a and I think the 65x900a gives better 3d resolution than the 65x930c (Better depth on 3d?)
I am using the active 3d glasses that come with the 930c. I wonder if there are better 3d glasses out there that can give better depth to the 3d pictures?

Have you tried adjusting the settings? I doubt new glasses would change how the picture looks. Usually people get better glasses because they are more comfortable to wear and will block out more light around the edges.

I've also heard quite a few people say that having their 3d professionally calibrated makes a big difference too.

But at the end of the day, you may just prefer passive 3d to active 3d.
ray0414 is offline  
post #6527 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Member
 
Darkknightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc2 View Post
I just received the 65x930c this morning and I came from 65x900a and I think the 65x900a gives better 3d resolution than the 65x930c (Better depth on 3d?)
I am using the active 3d glasses that come with the 930c. I wonder if there are better 3d glasses out there that can give better depth to the 3d pictures?
How does the color and upscale compare to the 900a? Thinking bout making the jump to the 930c too
Darkknightman is offline  
post #6528 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Newbie
 
kfc2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi ray0414 and Darkknightman,

I tried to play with the settings but it didn't change much. I guess I just prefer passive 3d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknightman View Post
How does the color and upscale compare to the 900a? Thinking bout making the jump to the 930c too
I have not spent much time adjusting the color to match what I had in my 900a but I think it looks very good in 2D. The upscale looks just as good as the 900a.

kfc2

Last edited by kfc2; 01-09-2016 at 02:38 PM.
kfc2 is offline  
post #6529 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,137
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2542 Post(s)
Liked: 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc2 View Post
I have not spent much time adjusting the color to match what I had in my 900a but I think it looks very good in 2D. The upscale looks just as good as the 900a.
Seriously? lol

Last edited by New24K; 01-09-2016 at 03:10 PM.
New24K is offline  
post #6530 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm probably going to buy the 4k blu ray player samsung since sony not making one. Anyone have any thoughts on if when getting it I should have the blu ray player use its own upscaling of my current 1080 blu rays or find some way to disable to have tv use its upscaling?
m.r.h is offline  
post #6531 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Member
 
Rizob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I have no problem with depth in 3D movies using the default position on the depth slider, obviously it can differ a lot depending on the individual film. It's definitely a resolution issue. Most films like around 720p although Terminator Genesis looked awful to me.
Rizob is offline  
post #6532 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
dkyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslaw View Post
Aside from YouTube, streaming 3-D from apps isn't supported.
I watched every HBO GO 3d movie on FIOS for now. LOL It's awesome. I love the depth. Not seeing a lot coming out of the screen, but tons of depth. Little bit of eye strain. Loving it so far though!

Take care,

DK
dkyork is offline  
post #6533 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 04:32 PM
Member
 
Darkknightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc2 View Post
Hi ray0414 and Darkknightman,

I tried to play with the settings but it didn't change much. I guess I just prefer passive 3d.



I have not spent much time adjusting the color to match what I had in my 900a but I think it looks very good in 2D. The upscale looks just as good as the 900a.
Thanks for the reply. So does the 900a hold up pretty well compared to the 930c? The upscale isn't better then the 900a?
Darkknightman is offline  
post #6534 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Newbie
 
kfc2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknightman View Post
Thanks for the reply. So does the 900a hold up pretty well compared to the 930c? The upscale isn't better then the 900a?
I just don't see the upscale on the 930c is better than the 900a... call me crazy!

kfc2
kfc2 is offline  
post #6535 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Darkknightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc2 View Post
I just don't see the upscale on the 930c is better than the 900a... call me crazy!
Haha thank you for your honesty. Maybe I won't upgrade then
Darkknightman is offline  
post #6536 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Aniwolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 139
So no one seems to have Light Bleeding from the sides on there x930c with dark scenes?
I either I have to make the black levels real dark (crushing blacks) or make the blacks a noticeable gray to get rid of most of it.

Where I see it rear its ugly head:
Concerts (i.e. Rush R40) , The movie Interstellar has it quite a bit. If anyone has suggestions for settings to get rid of it without crushing the blacks to death...please let me know. Appreciate it. I really don't want to return this. Thanks!
Aniwolfe is offline  
post #6537 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
dkyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post
You need to chill.

Best Buy had the mount rated to 120 lbs. The TV weighs more than that. To me that's a risk. How was I to know the BB web site was off by 5 lbs? I never said anything about Sanus stands not being accurate or monoprice having better stands. You're the one who insinuated monoprice lies about their specs without anything to back up the claim.

Accusing me of spreading FUD is complete BS.
FYI all. The sanus vlt5b1 tilt mechanism can't hold this tv. The tv tilts all the way down until the bottom of the tv hits the wall........

Going to call sanus Monday, as they confirmed this mount is right for this tv.....

Dk
dkyork is offline  
post #6538 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
loudog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyork View Post
FYI all. The sanus vlt5b1 tilt mechanism can't hold this tv. The tv tilts all the way down until the bottom of the tv hits the wall........

Going to call sanus Monday, as they confirmed this mount is right for this tv.....

Dk
I have this one sanus VLF410-B1 and it works great. I got this instead of the regular so I can pull it off the wall to change out cables if needed without taking the tv down. Same thing as well with the weight limit. Best Buy says 120lbs box says 125lbs.

Sony 940C*Sony HX909*Samsung K8500*Yamaha 3050*klipsch front RP-280's*rear RF-3's*center RP-450C*Sides RP-280's*front heights RP-140's*overhead 5650cii's*SVS-PB2000x4*emotiva XPA-5*Yamaha YSP-1600 sound bar*Sony HT-CT370 sound bar
loudog2 is offline  
post #6539 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniwolfe View Post
So no one seems to have Light Bleeding from the sides on there x930c with dark scenes?
I either I have to make the black levels real dark (crushing blacks) or make the blacks a noticeable gray to get rid of most of it.

Where I see it rear its ugly head:
Concerts (i.e. Rush R40) , The movie Interstellar has it quite a bit. If anyone has suggestions for settings to get rid of it without crushing the blacks to death...please let me know. Appreciate it. I really don't want to return this. Thanks!
I had edge bleeding with my 930c and I returned it.
Kahn1988 is offline  
post #6540 of 14433 Old 01-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Anybody ever experience a handful of misbehaving pixels when changing the volume? It only happens when the volume bar is present on screen and then goes away so I don't believe it's dead pixels. Seems like they get stuck in blue/green. I've unplugged and factory reset to no avail.
Pencreus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
940C , hdr , Sony , X930C , X940C

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off