**Official** Sony X930C / X940C Owners Thread - Page 221 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7015Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6601 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:33 AM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 34,843
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyork View Post
I swear my video settings are changing randomly.... I have one hdmi input from my reciever and the values Carlos gave us keep reverting to other ones. Wtf over?
You're not alone.
Because of this nonsense the best thing to do is once you settle in to watch a particular source double-check to make sure you are in the mode you want to be in.
I've learned never to assume....



oink is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6602 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,246
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Actually the 940c shows 10 bit without an asterisk indicating 8 bit with 10 bit processing of the other panels. So the 940c is a true 10 bit panel. This has been confirmed multiple times since the 940c's release.

But sometimes I wonder if anyone actually watches the picture instead of counting the bits.
I was referring to my 930C ken, which is what I own. The bit depth of a 940C doesnt really interest me

As far as finiding out, I like for it to be known because we have to try and keep the manufacturers as honest as possible.
m.r.h and GOBAYS like this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Uverse / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #6603 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,246
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6062
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyork View Post
I swear my video settings are changing randomly.... I have one hdmi input from my reciever and the values Carlos gave us keep reverting to other ones. Wtf over?
My 930C was pro calibrated in Cinema Pro mode, and my settings have never changed. Even after a FW update.
GOBAYS likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Uverse / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6604 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 07:31 AM
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
 
marcuslaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,553
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayons View Post
How does one get the Picture Back On afterwards? I've tried every button on my remote, and the only way I've to recover the Picture is to power Off then On.
To turn it back on, you should be able to hit "pic off" again. I know that with the Pandora app, pressing enter or volume up or down will also reactivate the picture. I've also reactivated the picture by pressing "pic off" after turning it off to just listen to FNC on Brighthouse cable.
marcuslaw is offline  
post #6605 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Just purchased a Sony 940c, very excited to have it delivered next week. Anything I should do right out of the box? Also I don't have any past experience with Sony tvs should I buy the extend warranty ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
CCsoftball7 likes this.

Sony 940c 75" Display, Marantz AV8801, HTPC, JTR 215RM Mains & JTR 210RM Center, DIY Surrounds, Crown Xti & Cdi Amps, Seaton Submersive HP+ Master and Slave.
Chriscorv58 is offline  
post #6606 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,246
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
Just purchased a Sony 940c, very excited to have it delivered next week. Anything I should do right out of the box? Also I don't have any past experience with Sony tvs should I buy the extend warranty ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Plug it in and turn it on!
arftech likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Uverse / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #6607 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Senior Member
 
pagusas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
Just purchased a Sony 940c, very excited to have it delivered next week. Anything I should do right out of the box? Also I don't have any past experience with Sony tvs should I buy the extend warranty ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
With such an expensive piece of equipment its worth the $89 for the 4 year warranty.
MCaugusto, Aniwolfe and Z1-B like this.
pagusas is offline  
post #6608 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CCsoftball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 3,702
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1695 Post(s)
Liked: 1290
I finally have my calibration settings where I really like them for daytime viewing. I use the calibration settings from Carlos for my nighttime settings.

Daytime Calibration Settings:

Picture Mode: Cinema home
Auto Picture Mode: Off

Brightness
Brightness: 35
Contrast: 55
Gamma: -2
Black level: 50
Black adjust: Off
Adv. contrast enhancer: Off
Auto local dimming: High
X-tended Dynamic Range Off

Color
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Color temperature: Expert 1
Adv. color temperature:
R-Gain: -1
G-Gain: -2
B-Gain: -4
R-Bias: 0
G-Bias: 0
B-Bias: 0
Color Gamma Adjustment Points: 1
R-Offset: 0
G-Offset: 0
B-Offset: 0
Color space: Auto
Live Color: Off

Clarity
Sharpness: 38
Reality Creation: Off
Mastered in 4K: On
Random noise reduction: Off
Digital noise reduction: Off

Motion
Motionflow: Off
CineMotion: Off
Aniwolfe likes this.
CCsoftball7 is offline  
post #6609 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:20 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Plug it in and turn it on!
Get the Square trade TV warranty at Costco it's only 89.99 on $1,000 and up TV's and you don't have to buy the TV there.


I put it on my 55X850C and it's covered for 4 yrs including the Sony 1 yr. mfr. warranty .

If you buy it at Square Trade directly it costs twice as much but add's 1 yr coverage .


http://www.costco.com/squaretrade-tv.html

Last edited by Z1-B; 01-11-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Z1-B is offline  
post #6610 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagusas View Post
With such an expensive piece of equipment its worth the $89 for the 4 year warranty.
That would have been great. Pc Richards is quoting me 600 bucks for a 5 yr.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sony 940c 75" Display, Marantz AV8801, HTPC, JTR 215RM Mains & JTR 210RM Center, DIY Surrounds, Crown Xti & Cdi Amps, Seaton Submersive HP+ Master and Slave.
Chriscorv58 is offline  
post #6611 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1-B View Post
Get the Square trade TV warranty at Costco it's only 89.99 on $1,000 and up TV's and you don't have to buy the TV there .

It's about half the cost of going to Square trade directly and much less than Best Buy .

http://www.costco.com/squaretrade-tv.html
I was on the website and it looks like it only applies if you did purchase with them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sony 940c 75" Display, Marantz AV8801, HTPC, JTR 215RM Mains & JTR 210RM Center, DIY Surrounds, Crown Xti & Cdi Amps, Seaton Submersive HP+ Master and Slave.
Chriscorv58 is offline  
post #6612 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,246
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
I was on the website and it looks like it only applies if you did purchase with them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It was discussed at length earlier in the thread. It covers the displays, if you purchased it from them you get 2 years + the 3 year from ST, and if you did not buy it from them you get the 1 year from the manufacturer and 3 years from ST.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Uverse / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #6613 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I had a question to those who own the x930c. With newly announced models now out and the x940c seemingly being the only Sony that can retroactively meet the new certifications where does that leave the x930c? At its current price it seems like a good set but I will wait and see it if gets a bit cheaper. How far off is the x930c from meeting the nit requirement imposed by the alliance anyways? Just looking for owner thoughts on the matter.

thanks
Ch83 is offline  
post #6614 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
It was discussed at length earlier in the thread. It covers the displays, if you purchased it from them you get 2 years + the 3 year from ST, and if you did not buy it from them you get the 1 year from the manufacturer and 3 years from ST.
Ok, Thank you. I'll give it a read when I'm home.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sony 940c 75" Display, Marantz AV8801, HTPC, JTR 215RM Mains & JTR 210RM Center, DIY Surrounds, Crown Xti & Cdi Amps, Seaton Submersive HP+ Master and Slave.
Chriscorv58 is offline  
post #6615 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,246
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
Ok, Thank you. I'll give it a read when I'm home.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Also email them. I sent them one to ensure the max $$$ plan covered my 930 purchase price, and they replied quickly.
Chriscorv58 likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Uverse / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #6616 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 01:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Very excited. I was going to wait till my haven ex82 stand arrived but I might have them schedule the delivery sooner. Since I can adjust the feet in narrow and it would work on my current 60" wide stand.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sony 940c 75" Display, Marantz AV8801, HTPC, JTR 215RM Mains & JTR 210RM Center, DIY Surrounds, Crown Xti & Cdi Amps, Seaton Submersive HP+ Master and Slave.
Chriscorv58 is offline  
post #6617 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 02:01 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
I was on the website and it looks like it only applies if you did purchase with them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
No I have one on a set (XBR- 55X850C ) I bought at Best Buy 6 wks. ago and received an e mail conformation and warranty info direct from Sqaure Trade shortly ( about 2 days )after I bought their warranty at Costco .

S.T also gives you the option to e mail them a copy of your receipt so if you have a claim later on they already have it and it speeds things up.

If you bought the TV at Costco it adds 1 or 2 yr coverage from Costco that's all.

Sent from Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy . Build 11082

Last edited by Z1-B; 01-11-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Z1-B is offline  
post #6618 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 02:16 PM
pee
Member
 
pee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1-B View Post
No I have one on a set (XBR- 55X850C ) I bought at Best Buy 6 wks. ago and received an e mail conformation and warranty info direct from Sqaure Trade shortly ( about 2 days )after I bought their warranty at Costco .

S.T also gives you the option to e mail them a copy of your receipt so if you have a claim later on they already have it and it speeds things up.

If you bought the TV at Costco it adds 1 or 2 yr coverage from Costco that's all.

Sent from Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy . Build 11082
I would like to purchase this warranty also. I bought my 930c about a month ago from Best Buy.
Can you confirm how the process works if you purchase the warranty on line? Or would I need to physically go to Costco to purchase.
pee is online now  
post #6619 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,246
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6062
Bought mine on their website.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Uverse / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #6620 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 02:36 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by pee View Post
I would like to purchase this warranty also. I bought my 930c about a month ago from Best Buy.
Can you confirm how the process works if you purchase the warranty on line? Or would I need to physically go to Costco to purchase.
Just use your Costco membership and whatever payment you use or a Costco cash card on the website and buy it there like you would anything else they have .

Make sure to select over $1,000 if your TV exceeds that purchase price on your receipt which covers almost any 4K Sony anyway or decent TV .

A couple or maybe three days later you will get conformation from Square Trade that you have a warranty and the option to e mail in a scan of your TV receipt ahead of time and claims filling info.

The maximum coverage is for the price of the TV on your receipt or repairs under (or up to that agreed replacement coverage amount determined by your receipt for the TV and during the coverage all occurrences cumulatively will not exceed the amount you paid for the TV .

Any repairs done and paid for by Square trade are subtracted from the replacement value coverage during the warranty . i.e. it's a maximum agreed value coverage for the term and will not exceed that .

The Square trade warranty term coverage begins at the end of your mfr. warranty or Costco extended warranty if you bought the set there .

All that being said they have a lot of satisfied customers and a good reputation .
C-Dub006 likes this.

Last edited by Z1-B; 01-11-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Z1-B is offline  
post #6621 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 02:44 PM
pee
Member
 
pee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1-B View Post
Just use your Costco membership and whatever payment you use or a Costco cash card on the website and buy it there like you would anything else they have .

Make sure to select over $1,000 if your TV exceeds that purchase price on your receipt which covers almost any 4K Sony anyway or decent TV anyway.

A couple or maybe three days later you will get conformation from Square Trade that you have a warranty and the option to e mail in a scan of your TV receipt ahead of time and claims filling info.

The maximum coverage is for the price of the TV on your receipt or repairs under (or up to that agreed replacement coverage amount determined by your receipt for the TV and during the coverage all occurrences cumulatively will not exceed the amount you paid for the TV .

Any repairs done and paid for by Square trade are subtracted from the replacement value coverage during the warranty . i.e. it's a maximum agreed value coverage for the term and will not exceed that .

The Square trade warranty term coverage begins at the end of your mfr. warranty or Costco extended warranty if you bought the set there .
Thank you for the detailed information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Bought mine on their website.
Great, so I can purchase on line and be able to upload my purchase receipt.

For my previous TV (2013 Sharp Aquos), I purchased their mfg extended warranty. It was $99 for 1 year only. I utilized it right before it expired last year. They couldn't fix my unit and gave me a check for what I paid. I took that and added in some extra to get the 930c.
So this $89 for 3 years is a no brainer for me!
Z1-B likes this.
pee is online now  
post #6622 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Member
 
duckysan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
YouTube Lip Sync - 65X850C

I've been very pleased with the performance of Netflix and DNLA streaming, but have found that YouTube seems to suffer lip-sync issues.
It is not a consistent issue, but seems to be worse on HD streams - 720 or 1080.
Sound is handled by my Yamaha RXV-479 using ARC.
I've trawled through the settings, but can't find a way of adjusting sync when using the ARC.
Firmware - latest level.
Any advice? Thanks.
duckysan1 is offline  
post #6623 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 03:01 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
pee
Great, so I can purchase on line and be able to upload my purchase receipt.
FWIW I would assume a replacement settlement from Square trade would be offered if the repair costs approach 40-50% of the agreed value coverage (with the settlement less any prior covered repairs) similar to but not minus any prior repairs that often happens with automobiles comprehensive and liability coverage on any covered occurrence when repairs are ~ 40-50% of the retail value .

Last edited by Z1-B; 01-11-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Z1-B is offline  
post #6624 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 03:12 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckysan1 View Post
I've been very pleased with the performance of Netflix and DNLA streaming, but have found that YouTube seems to suffer lip-sync issues.
It is not a consistent issue, but seems to be worse on HD streams - 720 or 1080.
Sound is handled by my Yamaha RXV-479 using ARC.
I've trawled through the settings, but can't find a way of adjusting sync when using the ARC.
Firmware - latest level.
Any advice? Thanks.
I've only had a lip sync issue once on my 55X850C I cant remember if it was Netflix or another app. I just exited and resumed where I left off and it was fine but I was using the TV embedded app over Wi Fi and not DNLA on a LAN .
Z1-B is offline  
post #6625 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
dkyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
You're not alone.
Because of this nonsense the best thing to do is once you settle in to watch a particular source double-check to make sure you are in the mode you want to be in.
I've learned never to assume....
Haha, that's what I've been doing. One time I checked the source and it was set for Vivid....... WTF?! lol I tried to make a day and night setting, but the advanced color settings are shared between Cinema Pro and Cinema Home. Has anyone found two that is separate and holds the configs?

Thanks,

DK
dkyork is offline  
post #6626 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
dkyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
You're not alone.
Because of this nonsense the best thing to do is once you settle in to watch a particular source double-check to make sure you are in the mode you want to be in.
I've learned never to assume....
Haha, that's what I've been doing. One time I checked the source and it was set for Vivid....... WTF?! lol I tried to make a day and night setting, but the advanced color settings are shared between Cinema Pro and Cinema Home. Has anyone found two that is separate and holds the configs?

Thanks,

DK
dkyork is offline  
post #6627 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
dkyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
If your TV is under 125 pounds it should hold it.

Check to see if there is an adjustment screw/nob that you can tighten on the tilting part (most wall mounts do).

Richard
Spoke with Sanus today. They stated the way the tv is designed, the mount I have can't hold it and are removing it from the recommendation for our TV. They threw in a higher end mount with stronger tilt mechanism for free and should be getting it in 2 days. It's the Sanus LT25 and I'll report back here when I find out.

Thanks all,

DK
King Richard likes this.
dkyork is offline  
post #6628 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 04:14 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch83 View Post
I had a question to those who own the x930c. With newly announced models now out and the x940c seemingly being the only Sony that can retroactively meet the new certifications where does that leave the x930c? At its current price it seems like a good set but I will wait and see it if gets a bit cheaper. How far off is the x930c from meeting the nit requirement imposed by the alliance anyways? Just looking for owner thoughts on the matter.

thanks
don't worry they will be out of X930C before you ever see an X930D anyway ,as far as the X930C max NIT's and Contrast for the HDR Alliance spec. I don't know how it or the X930D stacks up Sony has thier own 4K HDR label that may not mean the same thing

FWIW.... Crutchfield is already out of XBR- 55X850C's

The 65X930C should have enough contrast for the HDR alliance (if it could get brighter ) but the unremarkable as HDR goes ~ 418 NIT max brightness might fall short ,I think it would need about 6- 800 + NIT's or maybe 1000 NIT's . I can't see that set ever making the HDR Alliance spec even as good as it is .

Last edited by Z1-B; 01-11-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Z1-B is offline  
post #6629 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Member
 
NoBodyH0mE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Is it safe to say with 100% certainty that the 930C will NEVER be able to read the Dolby Vision metadata. I know it will just read the HDR10 version which is great. But is there a chance with a future update it can read Dolby vision HDR?

per dolby website sony tvs can play dolby vision “You can benefit from Dolby technologies by purchasing a TV from one our partners.” and sony is listed

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/categories/tv.html


Does anyone know what sony tv exactly can play Dolby Vision

or am i reading it wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 5.01.23 PM.png
Views:	117
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	1179162  

Last edited by NoBodyH0mE; 01-11-2016 at 05:34 PM.
NoBodyH0mE is offline  
post #6630 of 14413 Old 01-11-2016, 05:39 PM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 34,843
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBodyH0mE View Post
Is it safe to say with 100% certainty that the 930C will NEVER be able to read the Dolby Vision metadata. I know it will just read the HDR10 version which is great. But is there a chance with a future update it can read Dolby vision HDR?

per dolby website sony tvs can play dolby vision “You can benefit from Dolby technologies by purchasing a TV from one our partners.” and sony is listed

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/categories/tv.html


Does anyone know what sony tv exactly can play Dolby Vision

or am i reading it wrong?
From what I understand, no current Sony display will be able to because it requires specific hardware (not just software).



oink is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
940C , hdr , Sony , X930C , X940C

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off