**Official** Sony X930C / X940C Owners Thread - Page 391 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7009Likes

post #11701 of 14301 Old 10-04-2016, 04:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhernandez1986 View Post
I've had my X940C crash at least once a week if not more than 2 times sometimes. The Directv app crashed for the first time last week. It is starting to get very frustrating and I was just telling my g/f that maybe it is time to buy a Roku because the instability of Sony's Android TV implementation is atrocious. It crashes way more than my phone does. If it doesnt crash i usually have to reboot anyways because of sound issues on Netflix outputting 5.1 DD. It only works on stereo sound unless I reboot when it glitches. The Directv App is another mess with it not being able to reliably volume + - it will go 10 decibels up/down before starting to respond to actual command. It also wont mute but this is only when using an AVR and HDMI Control on the Directv App!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidState9311 View Post
It's good to know at least I'm not the only one seeing unexpected reboot or forced reboot, but it's still not good. It's too late for my 930C but I plan to call Sony ask for a replacement 940C if they don't fix the problem via update. I'm hoping it's nothing that a firmware update can't fix. The worst part is having guest over and guest admiring the TV only to turn it on to have it do something you didn't expect it to do, like lag out or reset after starting Netflix, just basic task is nerve racking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCsoftball7 View Post
Well, I'm just trying to see if we can come up with common apps for those who are experiencing reboot issues.

Since I don't have reboot issues, I was trying to scientifically figure out what I may do differently compared to others.

1. I always close out apps cleanly (I use the back button until I get the app closed and go back to the home screen)
2. I don't think I've ever had Netflix reboot my TV. If I have an issue with an app, it's typically Amazon.
3. I'm not sure it's an app that is causing your issue (or other's issues). However, if we can collectively figure out which apps may be causing issues, it can be reported to Sony.
4. I agree. I don't think you should have to treat the TV with kid-gloves either to have a stable firmware. I'm simply trying to help.

I am involved in the Sony feedback network and have some contacts that may help if I can gather enough data to make a positive determination of what things typically cause a reboot.

Thanks CC, certainly happy for any feedback or help you can provide. It seems that a number of 940C owners have experienced similar issues that I have and many like yourself not so much. It's puzzling that there's no consistency with this. I do close out of my apps like you do, and have tried a factory reset a number of times but maybe I should do another one as I can't recall if I have done one since the last firmware update, just in case that might help. What concerns me the most is the that a couple of days ago while I was just watching Direct TV the TV went into reboot mode by itself and a couple of weeks ago it went into the Home Menu by itself when watching Direct TV. I can live with the apps occasionally rebooting and having to reboot the TV myself in order to get my 3D glasses to sync but if this starts rebooting itself more frequently while watching Direct TV, that's another matter. I have reported the latest incident to Sony and actually my last communication was with there consumer relations department.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp

Last edited by mt14942; 10-04-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11702 of 14301 Old 10-04-2016, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1692 Post(s)
Liked: 1286
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Thanks CC, certainly happy for any feedback or help you can provide. It seems that a number of 940C owners have experienced similar issues that I have and many like yourself not so much. It's puzzling that there's no consistency with this. I do close out of my apps like you do, and have tried a factory reset a number of times but maybe I should do another one as I can't recall if I have done one since the last firmware update, just in case that might help. What concerns me the most is the that a couple od days ago while I was just watching Direct TV the TV went into reboot mode by itself and a couple of weeks ago it went into the Home Menu by itself when watching Direct TV. I can live with the apps occasionally rebooting and having to reboot the TV myself in order to get my 3D glasses to sync but if this starts rebooting itself more frequently while watching Direct TV, that's another matter. I have reported the latest incident to Sony and actually my last communication was with there consumer relations department.
That's an odd one...It's good to know though.

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
post #11703 of 14301 Old 10-04-2016, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpython View Post
Not sure where to post this. My 940c reboots like clockwork in the DIRECTV App. I watch a lot of recorded material and I use the 30 sec step forward button on my tv remote. This is supposed to mimic the TiVo boxes. I usually push this button 5 to 7 times so it forwards thru the commercials. I believe Sony and DIRECTV have been tryining to make that function work better over the last few updates. I have a Yamaha 3050 receiver hooked and the problem used to be after 30 sec fast forward the audio and video would be out of sync. I would always have to pause and play then the picture would distort and then clear up and the audio would be completely back in sync with the video. DIRECTV just updated my firmware on my HR54/500 on the 29th of September. Now I can not get thru an hour show without it rebooting at least once. I did notice that the audio sync issue did disappear completely. So, in fixing the audio sync problem they have created reboots due to freeze. The screen goes black and I hit home button and can see the frozen recording line on black screen. I have yet to make it thru a one show with 20 minutes of commercials. I am now testing the fast forward on "2 setting to see if I can stop the freeze but still fast forward thru commercials. I do not have any other freeze issues that happen as quickly and completely as with th DIRECTV app. Annoying software. My guess many others that have the same hardware will have the same problems. One other thing, clear your caches out routinely as it relates to Netflix. Do not clear data unless you want to have to re-login.

Regards
Cpython
Since the purchase over a year ago i got reboot maybe 3 times and i watch Directv, UHD discs, Netflix, Amazon ++ so i'm the lucky one i guess but other day while i was watching clicked on Action Menu button on the remote and nothing happened like i never pushed that button than again and again everything was on what i was watching and info said powering on or off (because what i clicked on) acted like still processing in the background. It was weird and i started to play with things what might be the problem and at the end remote control batteries were low and that was causing this issue, changed batteries and everything was back to normal.
So maybe people experiencing many issues cause by remote battery, who knows weak battery maybe sends signals and not completing the command? I don't know. It happened to me and just wanted to throw this out there

Last edited by Salacak; 10-04-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11704 of 14301 Old 10-04-2016, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 7272 Post(s)
Liked: 8042
Quote:
Those of you having reboot issues:

1. Do you always "clean exit" out of the APPS?
2. If so, are there certain apps causing reboots?
3. On trouble apps, have you tried clearing the cache/uninstall/reinstall to see if it stops?
4. If not, try exiting each app before opening another to see if you still see reboots.

I don't see many reboots (actually only 1 in the last month).
I've done all of the above to no avail. In fact, the issue I described with Amazon, occurred again last night. The app launched normally, I went into the selected series without an issue, selected the episode I wanted, and then bingo, I got the same gray screen again with a prompt to reboot the TV.

This is something that's relatively new and goes beyond the typical reboots I've seen in the past.
post #11705 of 14301 Old 10-04-2016, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacak View Post
Since the purchase over a year ago i got reboot maybe 3 times and i watch Directv, UHD discs, Netflix, Amazon ++ so i'm the lucky one i guess but other day while i was watching clicked on Action Menu button on the remote and nothing happened like i never pushed that button than again and again everything was on what i was watching and info said powering on or off (because what i clicked on) acted like still processing in the background. It was weird and i started to play with things what might be the problem and at the end remote control batteries were low and that was causing this issue, changed batteries and everything was back to normal.
So maybe people experiencing many issues cause by remote battery, who knows weak battery maybe sends signals and not completing the command? I don't know. It happened to me and just wanted to throw this out there

I tried your idea and put batteries in my remote. I watched a movie on Directv. On the second set of commercials it Froze the system. I was able to back to home screen but nothing came up. Reboot. This problem started with the last update of the HR54/500 update on the 29th of last month. Wasn't locking up as much. Was more random. My guess is that Directv will have to correct the firmware upgrade or Sony will be updating theirs. I won't hold my breath on Sony. I, of course always Clear Caches and in the case of Directv app I have removed and replaced app. Also, removed all Data and Caches as well. Like clockwork it fails within the first set of 30 sec. Step Forward.

Regards,

Cpython
post #11706 of 14301 Old 10-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 38
930c owner and I experience at least 1 reboot per week. It typically occurs during cable TV and Amazon app. Additionally, the OS has been sluggish from the start but has improved slightly over updates. When initially turning the TV on, it takes approximately 10 seconds from the time it produces an image to the time it will register any other buttons pressed on the remote (ie input, home, etc.) For example, if I hit the home button immediately after I turn the tv on, it will not take me to the menu until it has registered that I pressed the home button and then if/when it does take me to the menu, it will take another few seconds to load the apps/items in the menu for me to navigate. After the initial power on, it responds much quicker but I still notice a slight delay. It just doesn't feel very snappy, like there is a slight lag moving from menus to inputs etc. I've never owned a smart TV prior to the 930c and have read from others that their experience with the responsiveness was pretty much on par with other smart tvs. So I thought the random reboots and sluggishness was typical of smart tvs in general. However, I recently picked up a KS8000 and the responsiveness is night and day. When you turn it on, it's on and produces an image immediately. The menu system is also immediately accessible and navigable. To me, the picture and sound quality is more important and the 930 is superior to the KS8000, but I wish it had the responsiveness of the KS8000. Not sure if the 2016 Sony models OS perform better?
post #11707 of 14301 Old 10-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 309
That's the problem right there we shouldn't have to be doctoring the set to get it to work. It should just work, we shouldnt have to clear caches and close out apps. Im not one for thinking electronics should be perfect. I know glitches/bugs exist in any system but to make excuses for something that constantly occurs is also not ok. Sony has had 1 1/2 years to iron these things out with updates and yet they still persist! Also it should have a built in app closer. I know what is happening, it's simply crashing because of RAM resources getting low. Too many processes being run at the same time. It should have a management system that closes out apps as they are unused to relieve resources for your current tasks. Sony has this exact same problem with their Android phones. Marshmallow is said to have built in an optimizer for battery thus closing unused apps to keep things running efficient. My hope is when Marshmallow comes this will fix many of our problems!
post #11708 of 14301 Old 10-04-2016, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
I've done all of the above to no avail. In fact, the issue I described with Amazon, occurred again last night. The app launched normally, I went into the selected series without an issue, selected the episode I wanted, and then bingo, I got the same gray screen again with a prompt to reboot the TV.

This is something that's relatively new and goes beyond the typical reboots I've seen in the past.
When was the last Amazon app update (I am not at home to look)? Did it start around that time?

My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
post #11709 of 14301 Old 10-05-2016, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sorry to have opened up a can of worms regarding the re-booting issue that a lot of you are experiencing. What's disturbing is the variety of re-booting issues, with each seeming to be slightly different from what I have experienced. The thing is I love the picture I am getting from this TV and also the speakers, even though I have a substantial sound system. Sony has offered to replace the main board saying that should solve my issues but I am hesitant to have that done for fear of jeopardizing the quality of the picture and I am also not convinced by doing that will actually fix my issues. I guess if this new Marshmallow update which they have assured me was coming by November at the latest doesn't fix it I will have Sony do the main board replacement.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
post #11710 of 14301 Old 10-05-2016, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry to have opened up a can of worms regarding the re-booting issue that a lot of you are experiencing. What's disturbing is the variety of re-booting issues, with each seeming to be slightly different from what I have experienced. The thing is I love the picture I am getting from this TV and also the speakers, even though I have a substantial sound system. Sony has offered to replace the main board saying that should solve my issues but I am hesitant to have that done for fear of jeopardizing the quality of the picture and I am also not convinced by doing that will actually fix my issues. I guess if this new Marshmallow update which they have assured me was coming by November at the latest doesn't fix it I will have Sony do the main board replacement.

I got an e-mail from Sony and that they are now saying that based on our conversation they didn't think the up coming update would fix one of the issues I am having so they are going to be sending out an authorized servicer. Once they get the parts that Sony has ordered for repair the technician will be calling me. I still have mixed feelings about doing this, but I am probably just being paranoid. I just hope that whatever parts they are replacing doesn't mess with the picture quality. I believe it is going to be the main board they will be replacing and the person I spoke to at Sony said that part has nothing to do with the picture.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro

Last edited by mt14942; 10-06-2016 at 04:35 AM.
post #11711 of 14301 Old 10-05-2016, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Anyone know how to get the service menu back onscreen while still in service mode? I enter service mode with the usual button combo and I throw up one of the included test patterns but the menu hides 2/3 of the screen. I hit "back" to hide the service menu so I can actually see the pattern but cannot figure out how to get the menu back. It still says "service mode" at the top but I end up having to power off and enter service mode again to view the next slide. I'm going to look at a display model 930c tomorrow and was hoping to make this easier.
post #11712 of 14301 Old 10-05-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post
Well, I've confirmed the issue...it's definitely the Xbox One S. Here's the same HDR image on the Samsung Player vs the Xbox One S.

Do you think this is something Xbox can update? If not I may return (since I was going to use it mostly for movies).
I got an Xbox One S during release week specifically for UHD playback. It's my first player and I picked up The Revenant and Deadpool. I immediately noticed the issue with black levels when using HDR. The black bars on 2.35:1 content looked grey no parts of the image were really dark enough. It looked like what you would see when limited range material is sent to a display expecting full range. I spent a long time playing with the settings to make it look tolerable. This involved the contrast enhancer features which I don't normally like using. I was really disappointed in the whole affair and though HDR was really overhyped. I fixed the issue by turning off HDR on the Xbox. With the Xbox One S being bleeding edge at the time I couldn't find any corroborating reports. I'm glad to know it's an Xbox issue and not an issue with our display or the format as a whole. Hopefully the Xbox team gets it fixed soon because it's bad enough that I can'd watch UHD discs with HDR enabled.
post #11713 of 14301 Old 10-05-2016, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistar Muffin View Post
I got an Xbox One S during release week specifically for UHD playback. It's my first player and I picked up The Revenant and Deadpool. I immediately noticed the issue with black levels when using HDR. The black bars on 2.35:1 content looked grey no parts of the image were really dark enough. It looked like what you would see when limited range material is sent to a display expecting full range. I spent a long time playing with the settings to make it look tolerable. This involved the contrast enhancer features which I don't normally like using. I was really disappointed in the whole affair and though HDR was really overhyped. I fixed the issue by turning off HDR on the Xbox. With the Xbox One S being bleeding edge at the time I couldn't find any corroborating reports. I'm glad to know it's an Xbox issue and not an issue with our display or the format as a whole. Hopefully the Xbox team gets it fixed soon because it's bad enough that I can'd watch UHD discs with HDR enabled.
You can keep HDR enabled and fix it by turning the Dynamic Range from Auto to Limited.

That fix is manual (only when watching HDR) but works for me.
post #11714 of 14301 Old 10-05-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post
You can keep HDR enabled and fix it by turning the Dynamic Range from Auto to Limited.

That fix is manual (only when watching HDR) but works for me.
Thanks for the tip I will give it a try.
post #11715 of 14301 Old 10-05-2016, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Anyone else have serious buffering issues with streaming 4k content?

I tried to show off the TV tonight with videos from YouTube and looked like an idiot as after about 30 seconds the TV just started buffering every 10 seconds.

Switched over to the UltraFlix app to watch some 4k sneak peaks and got the same thing.

Checked my connection status in the Vudu app and it passed for HD content (only tells you it's above 4.5MBPS though). All my wireless connections on the same network are getting 90 megs down, and the TV is wired into the network so it should be getting at least that good. Anything I can troubleshoot or that you all have experienced?
post #11716 of 14301 Old 10-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member

Motion with Panasonic UB900 player

Anybody having the motion issue with Panasonic UB900 player with 75X940C TV.
Mine having some skittish pictures from UHD discs or BD discs, even through Amazon / Netflix.
Any action or movement from any of these sources looks skittish, not smooth at all.
Is Panasonic doing something here that causing this? Up until this point this TV handled motion extremely well from any source.
post #11717 of 14301 Old 10-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
Anyone else have serious buffering issues with streaming 4k content?

I tried to show off the TV tonight with videos from YouTube and looked like an idiot as after about 30 seconds the TV just started buffering every 10 seconds.

Switched over to the UltraFlix app to watch some 4k sneak peaks and got the same thing.

Checked my connection status in the Vudu app and it passed for HD content (only tells you it's above 4.5MBPS though). All my wireless connections on the same network are getting 90 megs down, and the TV is wired into the network so it should be getting at least that good. Anything I can troubleshoot or that you all have experienced?
I would say to check Netflix if you have it. Netflix app press back when you are in browsing section to reveal the settings cog icon. Click Help > then check network settings. It will run a test and will give you a speed test. You need at least 25 mbs connection for 4K!
post #11718 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 04:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Anybody having the motion issue with Panasonic UB900 player with 75X940C TV.
Mine having some skittish pictures from UHD discs or BD discs, even through Amazon / Netflix.
Any action or movement from any of these sources looks skittish, not smooth at all.
Is Panasonic doing something here that causing this? Up until this point this TV handled motion extremely well from any source.

I have the UB900 and haven't experienced any motion issues with the handful of disc's I have played in it. I have all my settings on the players default with the exception of turning Deep Color and Secondary Audio to Off.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
post #11719 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have the UB900 and haven't experienced any motion issues with the handful of disc's I have played in it. I have all my settings on the players default with the exception of turning Deep Color and Secondary Audio to Off.
What is that deep color on/off options, what it does? I remember turning on/off also didn't make any differences.
What is your motion setup on TV, i was using smooth setting up until this player came in and i was fine with it.
If i do custom on motion what setting i should do for smoothest picture
post #11720 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What is that deep color on/off options, what it does? I remember turning on/off also didn't make any differences.
What is your motion setup on TV, i was using smooth setting up until this player came in and i was fine with it.
If i do custom on motion what setting i should do for smoothest picture

Apparently Deep Color is technology that is obsolete or was never used from what I have read, but honestly not really sure other than most recommend to set to off. Like you I haven't noticed any difference with it was set to the players default setting of Auto vs Off. As far Motionflow on my TV I have mainly set it to Off or Standard. However last night I watched a 4K disc withit set to Custom and Smoothness set to Minimum and Clearness set 1 and did not see any motion issues. Previous 4K discs I have watched on this player I had it set to Standard and did not see any motion issues.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
post #11721 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 162
I am not getting reboots, but I have noticed something odd. Sometimes when I press the power button on the remote to turn the tv OFF, it will turn OFF then immediately turn back ON.

OLED65C9PUA, AVR-X4200W, NVIDIA ShieldTV, SVS SB12-NSD, RF-42 II, RC-52 II, RB-41 II
post #11722 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 11:24 AM

I was at a Magnolia today and was told by a Sony Regional rep that the OS update was a week away. But he said that's 'corporate speak', so figure 2 weeks.
post #11723 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
I was at a Magnolia today and was told by a Sony Regional rep that the OS update was a week away. But he said that's 'corporate speak', so figure 2 weeks.
Did you ask him which version? MM or another security update.

post #11724 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Around the time of the last firmware update my Marantz SR5010 AVR also had an update. I have hard booted both devices, but I am having a problem where ARC doesn't seem to be working properly between the two devices:
- The 5010 doesn't turn on automatically or takes a very long time to do so.
- The on-screen volume indicator doesn't show when watching TV (DirecTV 4k mini and 65 remote)
- It seems like neither the DirecTV nor the SONY remote will change the volume when watching TV. I have to use the 5010's remote. The SONY remote will change the volume on streaming apps and the on-screen volume indicator will show.
- When I go to a streaming source on the TV, like NetFlix, the AVR doesn't automatically switch from the CBL/SAT mode to the TV mode.
- When I select OFF on the DirecTV remote, everything turns off.

Any ideas?
post #11725 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Has anybody noticed that the 940C app for VUDU does not allow you to see the option to purchase UHD movies but VUDU on Roku does?

Look at Star Trek Beyond.
On 940C VUDU you only have the option to purchase up to HDX.
With Roku VUDU it gives you the option to purchase up to UHD.

Is my Sony VUDU app squirrelly or is it like this for everyone.
Seems really strange that a UHD TV wouldn't have the option to purchase UHD movies.
post #11726 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
I am not getting reboots, but I have noticed something odd. Sometimes when I press the power button on the remote to turn the tv OFF, it will turn OFF then immediately turn back ON.
This happens all the time. I thought is was lag. It takes so long the turn it off, I press the off button again and I'm turning it before it turns off and back on before it turns on. Mostly happens on the 940C for me.

XBR-46HX909 (King), XBR-55X900B, XBR-65X930C, XBR-75X940C
post #11727 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Terry View Post
Has anybody noticed that the 940C app for VUDU does not allow you to see the option to purchase UHD movies but VUDU on Roku does?

Look at Star Trek Beyond.
On 940C VUDU you only have the option to purchase up to HDX.
With Roku VUDU it gives you the option to purchase up to UHD.

Is my Sony VUDU app squirrelly or is it like this for everyone.
Seems really strange that a UHD TV wouldn't have the option to purchase UHD movies.
That's a Sony/Vudu issue. There is no UHD option on the Samsung UHD player either. I'm looking forward to getting the Roku Ultra to see if HDR will be included from Vudu. I want to rent. 😀

post #11728 of 14301 Old 10-06-2016, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I just ordered a Roku Ultra this morning. They are supposed to ship tomorrow the 7th.
post #11729 of 14301 Old 10-07-2016, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Did you ask him which version? MM or another security update.
Yup, MM. He said he 'hoped' it would reduce the reboots and quirkiness, but he was honest and said he hadn't seen a 940c with MM yet, so no guarantees. He acknowledged that although better, the OS in the Z still has its quirks.

He was doing a firmware upgrade on the 75" Z on display. The Magnolia salesguy told me they were having occasional issues where the bottom 1/4 or so of the screen would go white. The Sony rep asked if he was just seeing blooming, and he told him this most certainly was not blooming. I didn't see the issue myself, but they hoped the update would fix it.
post #11730 of 14301 Old 10-07-2016, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks, @Ken Ross .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
940C , hdr , Sony , X930C , X940C

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page