**Official** Sony X930C / X940C Owners Thread - Page 426 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7009Likes

post #12751 of 14302 Old 01-04-2017, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehale View Post
You as many others, may be very well inclined to update to Oppos's very latest FM upgrade that fixes a lot of issues that others have frustrated about.
Much appreciated and great advice!

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.1.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Marantz AV7704 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12752 of 14302 Old 01-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Do any of you guys feel betrayed by Sony and how they have come out in support of Dolby Vision now! I have Oppo 203 but am also worried and hope that they have a feature like the panasonic will get an update for. It will have a way of adjusting scene by scene HDR for your tv type. Its almost like a update for HDR10 Dynamic but the pansonic players will be able to do adjusting internally. I really hope that the Oppo gets an update like this because HDR10 is all over the place especially with Angry Birds and Sausage Party! I know the panasonic even has a setting to tell it what the maximum brightness your tv is capable of. HDR10 in its current state is a disaster especially because some movies are mastered at 1000 nits others at 1100 and 4000 nits. The problem as you can tell is that not a single display is capable of 4000 nits at the moment!
iatacs19 likes this.

Last edited by edwinhernandez1986; 01-04-2017 at 08:31 PM.
post #12753 of 14302 Old 01-04-2017, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Terry View Post
Well after the MM upgrade, 3x reset and total stable performance for the last few weeks, I have now started getting the random reboots, apps stopping working, warning that no input selected with power off in one minute and other strange anomalies. Very disappointing and frustrating.
thank god I'm not the only one....well the reboot problem occurs on me every now and then and at night my TV's backlight will turn on and flash green and turn off and repeat itself until I pull the plug. I posted a video of it in an earlier post but nobody knows what the problem is....I guess if this keeps up ill just wait for sony's new oled this year and call magnolia and have them switch it out for me and pay the price difference. Since I'm still in warranty for the next 3 years on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12754 of 14302 Old 01-04-2017, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhernandez1986 View Post
Do any of you guys feel betrayed by Sony and how they have come out in support of Dolby Vision now! I have Oppo 203 but am also worried and hope that they have a feature like the panasonic will get an update for. It will have a way of adjusting scene by scene HDR for your tv type. Its almost like a update for HDR10 Dynamic but the pansonic players will be able to do adjusting internally. I really hope that the Oppo gets an update like this because HDR10 is all over the place especially with Angry Birds and Sausage Party! I know the panasonic even has a setting to tell it what the maximum brightness your tv is capable of. HDR10 in its current state is a disaster especially because some movies are mastered at 1000 nits others at 1100 and 4000 nits. The problem as you can tell is that not a single display is capable of 4000 nits at the moment!
True but we all know Sony will be the first to touch 4000nits with there Fald displays in the future. Since they have the most brightest TV's you can buy for HDR10 and now soon on Dolby Vision which will look even better. I'm curious just how much brighter there OLED tv is compared to LG's OLED as well and there new line x9E and x94E series TV's.
post #12755 of 14302 Old 01-04-2017, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Yep. I knew about all this crap many months ago (late Oct 2015). The problem for me was Sony placed tape across their month, sealed themselves inside a lead container and dropped 2000 ft to the bottom of the ocean while management was sucking on cigars and whiskey at their board meetings. Thankfully, I am within a 30 day return window and did in fact love my 940D. Must admit I am now lusting for that DV OLED Sony whenever I can obtain it.

Sony 75Z9D, Denon 4300H, Sony 65Z9D, Denon X4311, OPPO UDP-203, ATV4K, X1X Scorpio
post #12756 of 14302 Old 01-04-2017, 10:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 162
All my equipment just became obsolete.

I guess it's time for an upgrade...

OLED65C9PUA, AVR-X4200W, NVIDIA ShieldTV, SVS SB12-NSD, RF-42 II, RC-52 II, RB-41 II
post #12757 of 14302 Old 01-04-2017, 10:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
All my equipment just became obsolete.

I guess it's time for an upgrade...
Yep, right after T-ball or Soccer (for the kids), its time to knuckle down once again to get serious around July 4th. Hopefully you don't have any college tuition payments upcoming.

Sony 75Z9D, Denon 4300H, Sony 65Z9D, Denon X4311, OPPO UDP-203, ATV4K, X1X Scorpio
post #12758 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 03:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:

Edwin I'm curious how you were able to find out about the Panasonic 4K player update? I called them yesterday about if they were planning on an update that would give me HDR for my Amazon Prime App, but the customer service person I talked to said they are not made aware of any updates. I asked if I could talk with someone who might have more knowledge about such things and they said there wasn't anybody they could transfer me to. Finally they wound up giving me a issue number, I guess if I were to call back about this in the future. I am not very impressed with there customer service. I have never owned an Oppo, but I keep reading that they have excellent customer service, might be a reason to look at buying there player down the road.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
post #12759 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 04:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Yes and no! My 930C will be goin to the bedroom in the near future along with my Panasonic player. Its gonna be wait and see the next few months on what these sets will cost? That new OLED is weird! Crazy stand , I don't hang my tv. But the way that thing sits is gonna be a challenge for me plus it may be out of most people's price range. I may be interested in that new 940E LCD with Dolby Vision or wait till they do a lower priced OLED with a conventional stand. The new Sony player has hardly any info either, Dolby Vision update? For now I'm gonna enjoy what I got!

Last edited by bobbino421; 01-05-2017 at 04:06 AM.
post #12760 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Quote:

Edwin I'm curious how you were able to find out about the Panasonic 4K player update? I called them yesterday about if they were planning on an update that would give me HDR for my Amazon Prime App, but the customer service person I talked to said they are not made aware of any updates. I asked if I could talk with someone who might have more knowledge about such things and they said there wasn't anybody they could transfer me to. Finally they wound up giving me a issue number, I guess if I were to call back about this in the future. I am not very impressed with there customer service. I have never owned an Oppo, but I keep reading that they have excellent customer service, might be a reason to look at buying there player down the road.
Heres the link to panasonic updates.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1398...ayers-for-2017

I called Oppo yesterday and the man I spoke with informed me that they are also working on a similar update but would be better than what Panasonic is looking to achieve. We shall see if it is true. This is my first Oppo and I can say that I like them as a company as all staff are knowledgeable. They are friendly, courteous and always have gone the extra mile when Ive talked to them.

Regarding OLED brightness LG last sets were about 650 nits while Sony Z9D managed 1800 nits and Samsung hit 1500 nits. OLED is subject to burn in and shorter life span at brighter settings. I have a Samsung Note 4 which uses amOLED and it has serious image retention in only 3 years. Obviously not ideal if you do movies with any letter boxing and brightness has taken a good hit too. Anyways good luck but I prefer to upgrade to another LCD which has a proven track record, long, reliable life span. Sony and Panasonic LCD technology is already starting to supercede OLED in many ways. OLED like Plasma will die soon and LCD will still be here along with Laser Projectors. These are the future!
Tom Riddle likes this.
post #12761 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I called Oppo yesterday and the man I spoke with informed me that they are also working on a similar update but would be better than what Panasonic is looking to achieve. We shall see if it is true. This is my first Oppo and I can say that I like them as a company as all staff are knowledgeable. They are friendly, courteous and always have gone the extra mile when Ive talked to them.

Regarding OLED brightness LG last sets were about 650 nits while Sony Z9D managed 1800 nits and Samsung hit 1500 nits. OLED is subject to burn in and shorter life span at brighter settings. I have a Samsung Note 4 which uses amOLED and it has serious image retention in only 3 years. Obviously not ideal if you do movies with any letter boxing and brightness has taken a good hit too. Anyways good luck but I prefer to upgrade to another LCD which has a proven track record, long, reliable life span. Sony and Panasonic LCD technology is already starting to supercede OLED in many ways. OLED like Plasma will die soon and LCD will still be here along with Laser Projectors. These are the future!
Agreed. I was a lover of emissive displays and owned many plasma sets and never thought I would go to an LED/LCD set, but the 940c changed my mind real quick. OLED simply won't be able to overtake the market and suffers from many of the same problems that plagued plasma.

I'm not too worried about the announcement of Dolby Vision with Sony - I bought this set with the intention of keeping it for a couple of years to see what would come soon. I knew I would be making an investment into an unsure category, as no rec had really been approved for UHD yet. We are still in the early phases and now I just saw things coming out about 8k sets. Too bad it will take years for broadcast tv to catch up - ABC still broadcasts in the same old ugly 720p it has for years.

Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
post #12762 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:

Thanks for sending that link, at least they are planning to do some firmware updates. It would be nice if they did one that enabled HDR on Amazon Prime like the Samsung player has and also I would like to see if they can give us BT2020 when watching non HDR disc's of which I have a few of.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp

Last edited by mt14942; 01-06-2017 at 05:19 AM.
post #12763 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
Quote:

Agreed. I was a lover of emissive displays and owned many plasma sets and never thought I would go to an LED/LCD set, but the 940c changed my mind real quick. OLED simply won't be able to overtake the market and suffers from many of the same problems that plagued plasma.

I'm not too worried about the announcement of Dolby Vision with Sony - I bought this set with the intention of keeping it for a couple of years to see what would come soon. I knew I would be making an investment into an unsure category, as no rec had really been approved for UHD yet. We are still in the early phases and now I just saw things coming out about 8k sets. Too bad it will take years for broadcast tv to catch up - ABC still broadcasts in the same old ugly 720p it has for years.
8K needs 100+ inch screen to see the nenefits so dont feel it wont ever become mainstream because most consumers dont have room for it. It will be a fad just like 3D, the real loss for us Dolby Vision and HLG. Networks do suck especially for keeping 720P and not even having the decency of upgrading to 1080i. We should be ok keep your set and upgrade once the dust has settled.
post #12764 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
Liked: 724
I love my 930C but this Dolby Vision intrigues me! I'm gonna wait and see what is goin on with prices and the OLED. I'm not impressed with the stand and this glass panel speaker sounds unreliable? I would like to see what the 940E will go for too. I will keep my 930C I've only had it since March and was shopping around for a Sony 4K 50 inch for my bedroom but I could put the 65 in there, still a lot question with these new models? I'm also gonna return my panny UHD and Samsung Atmos sound bar, I'm still within my return window. Now that Sony is releasing similar products I want to check those out and keep my options open! Technology is moving too fast these days my first Sony Lasted me 10 years lol
post #12765 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCsoftball7 View Post
My Netflix app version is: 3.3.2-1530 R 2015.1android-23-JPLAYER2
UI Build: UI-release-20161202_3661_26-gibbon-sapphire-darwinql

Check this setting and see what yours is set to. If you have HDMI-CEC enabled then it could be remapping the remote keys depending on the setting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OLED65C9PUA, AVR-X4200W, NVIDIA ShieldTV, SVS SB12-NSD, RF-42 II, RC-52 II, RB-41 II
post #12766 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1692 Post(s)
Liked: 1286
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post

Check this setting and see what yours is set to. If you have HDMI-CEC enabled then it could be remapping the remote keys depending on the setting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Mine is set to "Tuning Keys" as yours appears to be.

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
post #12767 of 14302 Old 01-05-2017, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Latest Software MM, Delayed or??

I read a few weeks back that after Sony sent out the latest software with MM, that they developed issues and were working on a fix. I have not seen any indication that new software is waiting for me to install. Has Sony delayed sending software updates out due to an issue???
post #12768 of 14302 Old 01-06-2017, 03:34 AM
Rabid 3-D Aficionado

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 619
Quote:
CCsoftball7
Hey CC, we chose to watch Sully as our first 4K UHD Blu-ray on a new Oppo UDP-203 last night. My wife and son quickly complained about excessive brightness from the screen in general and, a first ever complaint, from the subtitles! LOL. I also noticed a bleached appearance over black in various parts of the screen which seemed unwelcomingly familiar to my old Sony 46XBR2 with its heinous Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp backlight. So I stopped the film and dialed down the brightness to the mid to upper 30's which resolved their complaints. Am I loosing something in the UHD image by doing so? What is the reason in your settings for cranking the brightness of the 940C so high? Thanks in advance for your response.
post #12769 of 14302 Old 01-06-2017, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1692 Post(s)
Liked: 1286
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslaw View Post
Hey CC, we chose to watch Sully as our first 4K UHD Blu-ray on a new Oppo UDP-203 last night. My wife and son quickly complained about excessive brightness from the screen in general and, a first ever complaint, from the subtitles! LOL. I also noticed a bleached appearance over black in various parts of the screen which seemed unwelcomingly familiar to my old Sony 46XBR2 with its heinous Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp backlight. So I stopped the film and dialed down the brightness to the mid to upper 30's which resolved their complaints. Am I loosing something in the UHD image by doing so? What is the reason in your settings for cranking the brightness of the 940C so high? Thanks in advance for your response.
I don't think you'll really lose anything by lowering the brightness (other than peak nits). I've found for most HDR material, brightness set at MAX works fine. There are definitely instances (in low light or dark) where the brightness or contrast may actually need to be dialed back. @Ken Ross has lower brightness than I have...but I usually watch with the lights on. Perhaps he would be willing to share his settings on his 940C as well.
marcuslaw likes this.

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
post #12770 of 14302 Old 01-06-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I too have my brightness dialed down, as I'm watching in a dark environment. As CC stated, his settings are for a bright room, which I find to work quite well in that situation. I did a comparison of my HDR settings on Suicide Squad next to my SDR settings by switching in between my UHD and regular Blu players and the HDR picture was far superior with no detail loss.
marcuslaw likes this.

post #12771 of 14302 Old 01-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:
CCsoftball7
Hey dude I have never shared my HDR settings but I really love them because it makes everything have life and pop vs accuracy. Just throwing it out there if you want to try it. That being said if you tone things down on brightness you do lose peak brights which eventually have an effect. Bring it down to 20 and notice picture resembles old school LCD. It is important to at least stay 30 or above. I know the 940C is capable of 1200 nits brightness so I did some math and found 42 to be the closest number to sticking with 1000 nits which is what most HDR10 material is designed for. Now when you are in HDR mode go to picture settings and reset to default settings. These adjustments will give you a similar picture to "Standard" on standard content but will have the brighter peaks that HDR requires. In essence this requires a brighter picture to obtain the HDR effects so it should never look flat like standard content will.

The only things Ive changed are:

Brightness - 42
Black Contrast Enhancer - Medium
Advanced Contrast Enhancer - Medium

Color - 76
Backlight Color - Neutral
Live Color - Medium

Sharpness - 75
Any and all Noise reductions OFF
4K Reality - Auto

Motion - Standard
Film Mode (Reality Creation) - Low

I dont know if I have it all right as far as names and stuff but I figure I organized it well enough so you should be able to understand.

The things I didnt cover just leave as is and also dont forget this is very similar to Standard Picture settings on normal content and this will only affect HDR content. Blu Ray content will still use your original picture settings.
marcuslaw likes this.
post #12772 of 14302 Old 01-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

BTW I forgot to mention that these new settings I redid in HDR have made picture superior on Angry Birds and Sausage Party compared to Blu Ray. Dont know if you guys remember I was having issues with these 2 movies. I absolutely love HDR now and I am sold on it being the superior format. I was at the point where I had literally set my settings to 8 bit SDR because HDR to my eyes was unwatchable.
marcuslaw likes this.
post #12773 of 14302 Old 01-06-2017, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I got my Oppo 203 setup today - much nicer than the K8500! We are watching Sully tonight and can't wait.

By the way, I checked my settings. I have brightness at 35, contrast at max, sharpness at 50, and motion is at customer at Min and Min.
marcuslaw likes this.

post #12774 of 14302 Old 01-06-2017, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I got my Oppo 203 setup today - much nicer than the K8500! We are watching Sully tonight and can't wait.

By the way, I checked my settings. I have brightness at 35, contrast at max, sharpness at 50, and motion is at customer at Min and Min.
A burning question I have seen is that many prefer the TruMotion with High setting but can't presume their source. Can you try both? I am between equipment at the moment and I believe AJ has his OFF. All my other settings are the same watching UHD thru the Oppo -203

post #12775 of 14302 Old 01-06-2017, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A burning question I have seen is that many prefer the TruMotion with High setting but can't presume their source. Can you try both? I am between equipment at the moment and I believe AJ has his OFF. All my other settings are the same watching UHD thru the Oppo -203
Are you referring to True Cinema? I don't like it personally as the motion just looks off in my opinion. I've tested all the motion settings and custom is my preference for tv and movies, with variations depending on lighting. SDR is Min and 1 for movies, Min and Min for HDR and the same for TV. I have calibrated day and night settings for tv.

Just watched Sully on 4k - amazing. The Oppo 203 got the WAF - she commented that it was much better than the K8500, lol. HDR which was much more pleasing this go around and I can't wait to watch some of the others that have arrived in the past few days. The sound on it was absolutely amazing too!

post #12776 of 14302 Old 01-06-2017, 11:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are you referring to True Cinema? I don't like it personally as the motion just looks off in my opinion. I've tested all the motion settings and custom is my preference for tv and movies, with variations depending on lighting. SDR is Min and 1 for movies, Min and Min for HDR and the same for TV. I have calibrated day and night settings for tv.

Just watched Sully on 4k - amazing. The Oppo 203 got the WAF - she commented that it was much better than the K8500, lol. HDR which was much more pleasing this go around and I can't wait to watch some of the others that have arrived in the past few days. The sound on it was absolutely amazing too!
OK that's what I use. Some people on the 930 thread swear by the TruCinema settings.I just can't see much difference until I hit Clear and start to get the SOE effect. Wife loves the SOE.

post #12777 of 14302 Old 01-07-2017, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturne123 View Post
Thought I'd ask since it's noticeable but any gamers playing or have played FFXV, do you notice banding in the sky and in water in the game? Also if there is fog? Those are the only places I see banding so Im not sure if it's the game itself or the 940C. Just trying to figure it out because I see some people say it does and some say it doesnt. I do have a PRO and tried messing with all the resolution settings like changing it to YUV420 instead of 422 and turning off deep color etc and switching to full and limited and its the same no matter what I choose, including forcing it down to 1080p.
I don't see any banding at all on the 940c when playing ffxv or any games for that matter. It's an amazing set and I'm glad I own one.
post #12778 of 14302 Old 01-07-2017, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Liked: 1476
Quote:
OK that's what I use. Some people on the 930 thread swear by the TruCinema settings.I just can't see much difference until I hit Clear and start to get the SOE effect. Wife loves the SOE.
'Clear' mode should be the most devoid of SOE. 'Clearness' is Sony-speak for black frame insertion, increasing motion resolution at the expense of light output by alternating image frames with black frames to various degrees depending on how far up you dial the slider (the higher you set it the more often black frames are inserted, the more motion blur is reduced without introducing SOE but the simmer the set gets).

'Smoothness' is frame interpolation, that leads to SOE.
iatacs19 likes this.
post #12779 of 14302 Old 01-07-2017, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm not a fan of Clear because I find it to darken the picture too much. I prefer custom as I can set it to render good motion with no SOE. All a matter of personal preference really.

post #12780 of 14302 Old 01-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Chulo View Post
I don't see any banding at all on the 940c when playing ffxv or any games for that matter. It's an amazing set and I'm glad I own one.
What are you settings? And are you using the PS4 Pro and HDR?

I've tried turning HDR on and off and I still see banding in the sky and in water. Also the ending when the sky was dark, and I've read other people had the same issue (which I did as well even though normally I don't have any banding for the sky at night, just in the day) where the blacks looked really crushed just in that one scene at the end around a campfire.

I've read some people having to force settings to try and get rid of banding due to the Pro outputting in 12 bit, 10 bit or 8 bit and it not dithering properly. Any info would be great. I really hope it wouldn't be my tv. I would think it isn't since it's not like there is banding everywhere all the time.

Nier automata also had banding especially when there was white fog, you could see it really bad.

I also watch anime and see tons of banding all the time there too. Not sure if that's source material or what though I know it can be a source issue for that depending on how it's encoded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
940C , hdr , Sony , X930C , X940C

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page