**Official** Sony X930C / X940C Owners Thread - Page 449 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7015Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #13441 of 14409 Old 06-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Cyber Chulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrpph View Post
thought i read on here for one of sony sets to be sure that the motion flow was not turned to "off"- for some- Local dimming wasn't being turned on when motion flow was set to Off. try setting motion flow to one of settings besides Off- try custom with both set to Min & see if that helps at all.
Ok. I'll try that tonight. Mine is always off because I use this TV for gaming mostly. I'm going to assume that that if I turn it on and then HDR turns on automatically, I'll get more input lag. But let me try when I get home. Thanks guys!

PSN ID Cyber125
Cyber Chulo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13442 of 14409 Old 06-27-2017, 04:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Cyber Chulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Well that didn't work. In Uncharted 4, I turned off hdr first. Then I went into the settings of the TV and set motion to clear and then true cinema to test. Once I flipped HDR on in the game, the blacks turned slight gray. I could adjust the brightness setting but when it gets to the black levels that I like, the overall image suffers. I also have a Z9D which has no problems at all when HDR is on. I know it's a better set technically. Just thought since the 940c can achieve super inky blacks in regular mode, it would be able to maintain it in HDR as well. Oh well.

PSN ID Cyber125
Cyber Chulo is offline  
post #13443 of 14409 Old 06-27-2017, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
GunmetalR56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Not sure if this will help but if you keep black level at 50 as many do... maybe try dropping it to 45 and set gamma to -2. That's what I did to resolve the "grey" issue.
daimler2015 likes this.

Ascend Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Ascend Horizon Center w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 2 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos modules (x4), SVS PB13 Ultras (x2), SVS PB12+ (x2)
Denon X6500H / Emotiva Mini-X a-100
Panasonic DP-UB820 / PS4 Pro / XBOX 1X
Sony XBR75Z9D, LG OLED65B7A
GunmetalR56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13444 of 14409 Old 06-27-2017, 06:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Cyber Chulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post
Not sure if this will help but if you keep black level at 50 as many do... maybe try dropping it to 45 and set gamma to -2. That's what I did to resolve the "grey" issue.
Ok. I'll try that and see how it works. Thanks for the tip!

PSN ID Cyber125
Cyber Chulo is offline  
post #13445 of 14409 Old 06-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Member
 
HDTV JJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrien1 View Post
I have 'TV Audio Switching' turned on in my AVR, but it isn't switching inputs when I go to and from streaming apps anymore. Anyone else run across this?
Sorry NoBrien but I haven't been on the forum too much recently (obviously)
I too have noticed that streaming apps flip my 940c to internal speakers rather than my Denon. Has happened since the PKG3.885.0136NAB MM update.

Sony XBR75X940E
Denon X4200W

OPPO UDP-203
HDTV JJ is offline  
post #13446 of 14409 Old 06-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Member
 
bschellva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Williamsburg,VA
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Chulo View Post
Is there a way to get deeper black levels when HDR is on? Once it's on, black looks grey as if local dimming was turned off.
I struggled with the same problem. Turning motionflow to True cinema is what finally did the trick. There may be another way to get there, but this seemed to work for me.
bschellva is offline  
post #13447 of 14409 Old 06-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Member
 
bschellva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Williamsburg,VA
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
With ever firmware update I think, "Surely this will be the one that fixes the horrible stuttering in the Amazon video app."

And every time I am woefully disappointed.
daimler2015 likes this.
bschellva is offline  
post #13448 of 14409 Old 06-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Cyber Chulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschellva View Post
I struggled with the same problem. Turning motionflow to True cinema is what finally did the trick. There may be another way to get there, but this seemed to work for me.
Well True Cinema setting in the motion flow worked for me! Glorious difference. And the input lag is still the same (which is good). Still came in either 1st or 2nd place after 4 matches for Uncharted 4. I'm so happy. I guess when I was trying everything else other than the True Cinema setting after bgrpph suggested it. Local dimming definitely looks turned on now. Thanks for all your help guys!

PSN ID Cyber125
Cyber Chulo is offline  
post #13449 of 14409 Old 06-28-2017, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,190
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7370 Post(s)
Liked: 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrpph View Post
Tried "software update" on TV but showed software was up to date. Went to sony 940c site, downloaded firmware update onto Mac then onto USB drive & updated TV. Update process took 30 min or so- at end it said pull out usb drive & click OK-

when i clicked ok it would do nothing at all- like it would not click. (same thing happened when i updated in April).
This time i used help button on remote to go into troubleshooting area- clicked many areas until finally found something that said "personal" under one of the settings- clicked this & it got into the home screen area- under apps found sony update app & deleted cache & file (or whatever other area was called). all is normal now. Very briefly turned on Amazon app on a HDR movie- the lip sync seemed normal & using the volume button did not seem to have the skipping it did previously- Only did this quickly- more later tonight.
Great post! I did the update and would have been lost without this procedure, since I got the same gray screen that a few others reported. As usual, this update did nothing for me, but it was the first time it created these issues.

I just despise this Android OS more and more.
daimler2015 likes this.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #13450 of 14409 Old 06-29-2017, 04:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,268
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Great post! I did the update and would have been lost without this procedure, since I got the same gray screen that a few others reported. As usual, this update did nothing for me, but it was the first time it created these issues.

I just despise this Android OS more and more.

Ken, I feel your pain. I had my main board replaced a number of months ago and I am still having the TV do an auto re-boot when I am watching Direct TV, it has happened about 8 times since I had the main board replaced. Also I have had the TV volume go off for no explicable reason and had to force a reboot to get it back and also on a few occasions when I turn on the TV on along with the Direct TV HDDVR I get a pink screen and have to turn everything off and than back on to fix it. However the last two issues I mentioned have happened since I got the HR54 Genie so it might be related to that.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
mt14942 is offline  
post #13451 of 14409 Old 06-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
MT14942- sorry for your continued issues-totally frustrating with price of this TV. i don't have Direct TV-but have not had any of the reboot or volume off issues that u have. I've Oceanic TWC- (Spectrum)

After 6/20 update, i still have issue with Amazon streaming volume studdering/skipping when volume button used- but the lip sync on Amazon does seem to be a bit better and is not off as much as it was b4 the 6/20 update. I did not notice any other changes with the new update.
bgrpph is offline  
post #13452 of 14409 Old 06-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Ken, I feel your pain. I had my main board replaced a number of months ago and I am still having the TV do an auto re-boot when I am watching Direct TV, it has happened about 8 times since I had the main board replaced. Also I have had the TV volume go off for no explicable reason and had to force a reboot to get it back and also on a few occasions when I turn on the TV on along with the Direct TV HDDVR I get a pink screen and have to turn everything off and than back on to fix it. However the last two issues I mentioned have happened since I got the HR54 Genie so it might be related to that.
Having my main board replaced next week. Once in a while my 940c has a flickering screen that persists until a reboot. Also my MotionFlow and Cinemotion seem messed up ever since I had a failed firmware update (2 updates ago...my power went out during flashing). I get a ton of pixelation/macroblocking when my MotionFlow is on Standard/Custom/Smooth with Cinemotion at Medium or High...this happens all the time when I have fast motion panning or watch something like animation due to the sharp edges and fast motion. Looks horrible unless I shut off MotionFlow and/or Cinemotion.
TotoyZ4 is offline  
post #13453 of 14409 Old 06-30-2017, 04:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,268
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrpph View Post
MT14942- sorry for your continued issues-totally frustrating with price of this TV. i don't have Direct TV-but have not had any of the reboot or volume off issues that u have. I've Oceanic TWC- (Spectrum)

After 6/20 update, i still have issue with Amazon streaming volume studdering/skipping when volume button used- but the lip sync on Amazon does seem to be a bit better and is not off as much as it was b4 the 6/20 update. I did not notice any other changes with the new update.

I am still waiting for the latest update to make it to my TV. I switched to the 4K HR 54 Direct TV DVR and that could be the culprit for some of the issues I am experiencing like the pink screen and the loss of volume since those two issues I never experienced before I got the 4K Genie DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoyZ4 View Post
Having my main board replaced next week. Once in a while my 940c has a flickering screen that persists until a reboot. Also my MotionFlow and Cinemotion seem messed up ever since I had a failed firmware update (2 updates ago...my power went out during flashing). I get a ton of pixelation/macroblocking when my MotionFlow is on Standard/Custom/Smooth with Cinemotion at Medium or High...this happens all the time when I have fast motion panning or watch something like animation due to the sharp edges and fast motion. Looks horrible unless I shut off MotionFlow and/or Cinemotion.

I had the main board replaced because when I streamed from the streaming apps that I was using the TVs' picture would freeze and than it would automatically go into a reboot and since the main board replacement I haven't had that issue. However I have had the TV do an auto re-boot a handful of times when just watching Direct TV so it is a lot better than it was. I have come to the realization that I am just going to have to live with these occasional bothersome glitches.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
mt14942 is offline  
post #13454 of 14409 Old 06-30-2017, 07:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
I am still waiting for the latest update to make it to my TV. I switched to the 4K HR 54 Direct TV DVR and that could be the culprit for some of the issues I am experiencing like the pink screen and the loss of volume since those two issues I never experienced before I got the 4K Genie DVR




I had the main board replaced because when I streamed from the streaming apps that I was using the TVs' picture would freeze and than it would automatically go into a reboot and since the main board replacement I haven't had that issue. However I have had the TV do an auto re-boot a handful of times when just watching Direct TV so it is a lot better than it was. I have come to the realization that I am just going to have to live with these occasional bothersome glitches.
Sounds like we are/were experiencing different issues with our sets. Don't know if the X1 or motion processing occurs from the main board but hopefully some resolution will come from its replacement and that I never experience the flickering screen again. Set is almost 2 years old now so hopefully this overhaul does more good than bad.
TotoyZ4 is offline  
post #13455 of 14409 Old 06-30-2017, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,268
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoyZ4 View Post
Sounds like we are/were experiencing different issues with our sets. Don't know if the X1 or motion processing occurs from the main board but hopefully some resolution will come from its replacement and that I never experience the flickering screen again. Set is almost 2 years old now so hopefully this overhaul does more good than bad.

Yes I believe the X1 is part of the Main board, at least that is what I was told. I was concerned that the great picture that this TV produces would be affected but the picture was not affected and my streaming issues went away. Best of luck with your repair it should fix your problem.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
mt14942 is offline  
post #13456 of 14409 Old 06-30-2017, 10:23 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
King Richard is offline  
post #13457 of 14409 Old 07-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Cyber Chulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Looks like the YouTube app for the 940c got updated. I no longer get the option to choose which resolution to stream to ensure I'm getting a 4k feed. I only have the stats for nerds option which only shows 1080p*2. I don't think that means 4k does it?
Cyber Chulo is offline  
post #13458 of 14409 Old 07-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Member
 
tuckers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This is my favorite 4K test video on Youtube. It looks fantastic and has a full range of colors and blacks. Surely you will be able to tell if your YouTube app is showing 4K vs 1080p looking up close at the videos?

King Richard likes this.
tuckers is offline  
post #13459 of 14409 Old 07-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
King Richard is offline  
post #13460 of 14409 Old 07-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I apologize if this has been already been covered, but I wanted to share my experience. I have a 930C and have been watching HDR content from Netflix and Amazon for a while. Although usually better than 4K, I have never been really convinced that compressed HDR on the 930C is a significant step up. With that said, I recently purchased an Oppo UDP-205 4K/HDR blu ray player for my system and have been blown away. The difference is amazing. Even my wife is impressed (the real test). That is not to say that HDR10 and/or DolbyVision HDR on a newer TV isn't better, but I am really happy with my new set-up. The only negative is that movie rentals are not readily available and it is just too expensive to purchase movies that I may only watch a few times. So, I just watch out for sales. I have purchased several movies for $14.99, which to me is a good deal.
Tom Riddle likes this.
Stealth Vater is offline  
post #13461 of 14409 Old 07-04-2017, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,213
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
New update today, tv is updating now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
iatacs19 likes this.

Current Sets: Sony XBR65A9F Master Series, Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, TCL 65R617
Previous Sets: Samsung Q9FN, Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Viper32 is offline  
post #13462 of 14409 Old 07-04-2017, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
iatacs19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 1,660
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
New update today, tv is updating now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Is this the update?

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1498724600

Quote:
Firmware update (v. 3.885) features
Adds support for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR format via HDMI input
Reduces input lag for 4K HDR gaming
Resolves issue where the right-hand side of the screen becomes bright when changing input from HDMI (4K signal input) to Terrestrial
Resolves sound skipping when using Sonos sound bar
Resolves stuttering playback on Amazon video when pressing ACTION MENU or VOL+/- buttons
Resolves poor video quality on BBC iPlayer when using “Watch from start” feature
https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-d...os_group_id=18

Quote:
This software update (version PKG3.885.0137NAB) provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version PKG3.865.0135NAB:
  • Improves general performance of the TV
  • Adds support for (Hybrid Log-Gamma) HDR content via HDMI input
  • Reduces input lag for 4K HDR gaming
Very nice!!!

-

OLED65C9PUA, AVR-X4200W, NVIDIA SHIELD TV, SVS SB12-NSD, RC-52 II, RB-41 II, KEF E301, BDI 8179
iatacs19 is offline  
post #13463 of 14409 Old 07-04-2017, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,213
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
Yes that is the one I just received OTA.

Current Sets: Sony XBR65A9F Master Series, Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, TCL 65R617
Previous Sets: Samsung Q9FN, Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Viper32 is offline  
post #13464 of 14409 Old 07-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
Yes that is the one I just received OTA.
Amazon still stutters, even without touching the remote
dalek77 likes this.
daimler2015 is offline  
post #13465 of 14409 Old 07-05-2017, 02:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,268
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimler2015 View Post
Amazon still stutters, even without touching the remote

Is the stuttering that you are referring to only happen during the first 60 seconds more or less. I experience this and than the resolution along with the audio catches up with itself and after that it is fine. I think that is pretty much the norm and I am hardwired to the TV with max speed from Comcast and I get this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
New update today, tv is updating now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yesterday I also got the firmware notification on my TV and did it. Too early to be sure of any improvements but the remote control operation seems to be improved with less lag. I apologize for my ignorance but what exactly does support for Hybrid Log Gamma do? Does it allow for viewing HDR content on You Tube which there is actually a channel for now on You Tube with a considerable amount of videos?

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
mt14942 is offline  
post #13466 of 14409 Old 07-05-2017, 03:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,213
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Is the stuttering that you are referring to only happen during the first 60 seconds more or less. I experience this and than the resolution along with the audio catches up with itself and after that it is fine. I think that is pretty much the norm and I am hardwired to the TV with max speed from Comcast and I get this.




Yesterday I also got the firmware notification on my TV and did it. Too early to be sure of any improvements but the remote control operation seems to be improved with less lag. I apologize for my ignorance but what exactly does support for Hybrid Log Gamma do? Does it allow for viewing HDR content on You Tube which there is actually a channel for now on You Tube with a considerable amount of videos?
https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hybr...oadcast-format

May explain a little, I am sure more information is out but quickest I could find right quick.

Current Sets: Sony XBR65A9F Master Series, Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, TCL 65R617
Previous Sets: Samsung Q9FN, Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Viper32 is offline  
post #13467 of 14409 Old 07-05-2017, 05:04 AM
Member
 
HDTV JJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Vater View Post
The only negative is that movie rentals are not readily available and it is just too expensive to purchase movies that I may only watch a few times. So, I just watch out for sales. I have purchased several movies for $14.99, which to me is a good deal.
You might want to look at:
http://www.store-3d-blurayrental.com/default.asp
Their disk stock is sometimes limited on new issues so some wait time occurs but they are reasonably priced and there's nothing like watching 4K disks on your OPPO!
Stealth Vater likes this.

Sony XBR75X940E
Denon X4200W

OPPO UDP-203
HDTV JJ is offline  
post #13468 of 14409 Old 07-05-2017, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,268
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hybr...oadcast-format

May explain a little, I am sure more information is out but quickest I could find right quick.

Thanks Viper, an interesting article. So it sounds like it comes into play for live broadcast TV. I am still going to check out You Tube when I get a chance to see if those HDR videos on the HDR channel actually show HDR later today.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
mt14942 is offline  
post #13469 of 14409 Old 07-05-2017, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KidHorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Derwood, Maryland
Posts: 5,418
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1844 Post(s)
Liked: 1279
I did the update yesterday. Didn't notice anything different. I don't use the TV apps as the ones on my blu-ray player tend to work better.

Last edited by KidHorn; 07-05-2017 at 07:17 AM.
KidHorn is offline  
post #13470 of 14409 Old 07-05-2017, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
iatacs19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 1,660
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Thanks Viper, an interesting article. So it sounds like it comes into play for live broadcast TV. I am still going to check out You Tube when I get a chance to see if those HDR videos on the HDR channel actually show HDR later today.
From everything I have read the SoC used in the 2015 models do not have the necessary codec support for YouTube HDR and will never be able to display it.

-

OLED65C9PUA, AVR-X4200W, NVIDIA SHIELD TV, SVS SB12-NSD, RC-52 II, RB-41 II, KEF E301, BDI 8179
iatacs19 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
940C , hdr , Sony , X930C , X940C

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off