**Official** Sony X930C / X940C Owners Thread - Page 475 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7020Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14221 of 14435 Old 01-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Senior Member
 
ultrasilent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomo657 View Post
Custom 0/0 did 3:2 to 60hz and doubled to get 120hz.
Even samsung didn`t do 3:2 pulldown in this mode, it does only when Motion Plus OFF.

Zidoo X9S (1.4.16.), Vertex FW 1.36.1.42, GUI 1.34
Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.9 and 2.1.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD or ZIDOO X9S (2.1.22) >6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
ultrasilent is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14222 of 14435 Old 01-07-2019, 03:30 AM
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
 
marcuslaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,554
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Anyone reached between 60k and 100k hours yet on their 940C? Left field question, I know. I'm shooting in the dark for a more accurate guestimation as to how long I can expect this panel to last before it craps out and before retailers run out of panels that still support 3-D like the Z9D. If I end up SOL someday down the road, the backup plan is to go projection (assuming they continue to support the format).
marcuslaw is offline  
post #14223 of 14435 Old 01-07-2019, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CCsoftball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 3,720
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslaw View Post
Anyone reached between 60k and 100k hours yet on their 940C? Left field question, I know. I'm shooting in the dark for a more accurate guestimation as to how long I can expect this panel to last before it craps out and before retailers run out of panels that still support 3-D like the Z9D. If I end up SOL someday down the road, the backup plan is to go projection (assuming they continue to support the format).
I wish I could help, but I'm nowhere near that number of hours.

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
CCsoftball7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14224 of 14435 Old 01-07-2019, 12:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslaw View Post
Anyone reached between 60k and 100k hours yet on their 940C? Left field question, I know. I'm shooting in the dark for a more accurate guestimation as to how long I can expect this panel to last before it craps out and before retailers run out of panels that still support 3-D like the Z9D. If I end up SOL someday down the road, the backup plan is to go projection (assuming they continue to support the format).
It unfortunately wouldn't be mathematically possible for someone to have put in 60k hours into the 940C by now. It would take having the TV on for 24 hours a day for almost 7 years to reach 60k (1 year = 8,760 hours; 60k ÷ 8,760 = 6.85 years). So since the TV came out in 2015 the earliest anyone would reach 60k, assuming the TV is on for 24 hours a day, would be sometime in 2022. But since no one is likely to have the TV on for 24 hours a day, the 60k hours would be way further out than 2022.
marcuslaw likes this.

Last edited by Patrick McHugh; 01-07-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Patrick McHugh is offline  
post #14225 of 14435 Old 01-08-2019, 02:15 AM
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
 
marcuslaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,554
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick McHugh View Post
It unfortunately wouldn't be mathematically possible for someone to have put in 60k hours into the 940C by now. It would take having the TV on for 24 hours a day for almost 7 years to reach 60k (1 year = 8,760 hours; 60k ÷ 8,760 = 6.85 years). So since the TV came out in 2015 the earliest anyone would reach 60k, assuming the TV is on for 24 hours a day, would be sometime in 2022. But since no one is likely to have the TV on for 24 hours a day, the 60k hours would be way further out than 2022.
Thanks. If Sony did indeed design the 940C to last 60-100k hours, I'll need to be more worried about finding replacement active 3-D glasses a decade from now.
CCsoftball7 likes this.
marcuslaw is offline  
post #14226 of 14435 Old 01-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Egghaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 74
ultrasilent I'm wondering what settings you use for HDR on the 940C?

Sony XBR75X940C, UBP-X800, PS4 Pro 5.1.2 System Yamaha RX-V1081 Paradigm Studio 60 V5, Monitor Center 3 V7, Titan V2 Klipsch RP-140SA DIY 15" Sub w/Inuke1000DSP
Egghaus is offline  
post #14227 of 14435 Old 01-09-2019, 03:41 AM
Senior Member
 
ultrasilent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus View Post
ultrasilent I'm wondering what settings you use for HDR on the 940C?
Why you ask? what exactly setting did you mean?

Zidoo X9S (1.4.16.), Vertex FW 1.36.1.42, GUI 1.34
Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.9 and 2.1.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD or ZIDOO X9S (2.1.22) >6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
ultrasilent is offline  
post #14228 of 14435 Old 01-09-2019, 04:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Egghaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 74
What are your settings for the HDR picture mode? I'm just asking since you seem very pleased with the HDR performance.

Sony XBR75X940C, UBP-X800, PS4 Pro 5.1.2 System Yamaha RX-V1081 Paradigm Studio 60 V5, Monitor Center 3 V7, Titan V2 Klipsch RP-140SA DIY 15" Sub w/Inuke1000DSP
Egghaus is offline  
post #14229 of 14435 Old 01-09-2019, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
ultrasilent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus View Post
What are your settings for the HDR picture mode? I'm just asking since you seem very pleased with the HDR performance.
Do you have any problems with HDR mode? motion, black level?
Tell me specifiс settings you lke to know and I would tell you.

Zidoo X9S (1.4.16.), Vertex FW 1.36.1.42, GUI 1.34
Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.9 and 2.1.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD or ZIDOO X9S (2.1.22) >6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
ultrasilent is offline  
post #14230 of 14435 Old 01-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Egghaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I'm looking for settings that mitigate blooming in HDR. I find I always need to tweak settings depending on what I am watching.
Egghaus is offline  
post #14231 of 14435 Old 01-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
 
ultrasilent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus View Post
I'm looking for settings that mitigate blooming in HDR. I find I always need to tweak settings depending on what I am watching.
Are you speaking about haloes around bright objects?
How you can tweak this in HDR? Local dimming setting is locked and Brightness in HDR should be at Max.

I`m not annoyed with haloes. In real life you can see haloes around bright light sources as well. That`s why even when black bars become not really black I`m not annoyed as well. Just remember Ambilight by Philips, why we should see picture through window (like oled) when all of my room filled with light from 9405C when I see bright scenes?

Zidoo X9S (1.4.16.), Vertex FW 1.36.1.42, GUI 1.34
Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.9 and 2.1.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD or ZIDOO X9S (2.1.22) >6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
ultrasilent is offline  
post #14232 of 14435 Old 01-12-2019, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CCsoftball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 3,720
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus View Post
I'm looking for settings that mitigate blooming in HDR. I find I always need to tweak settings depending on what I am watching.
The settings in my signature are almost default, but I like how it looks. From my originals, I've changed MotionFlow to True Cinema.

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra

Last edited by CCsoftball7; 01-12-2019 at 11:18 AM.
CCsoftball7 is offline  
post #14233 of 14435 Old 01-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
ultrasilent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCsoftball7 View Post
1. The settings in my signature are almost default, but I like how it looks.
2. From my originals, I've changed MotionFlow to True Cinema.
1. same for me, I practically didn`t change main defolt settings for HDR, good job from sony.

2. true cinema with cinemotion OFF gives nothing for you, same with custom 0/0. but your previous with MF off is totally wrong for HDR (you know why).

Zidoo X9S (1.4.16.), Vertex FW 1.36.1.42, GUI 1.34
Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.9 and 2.1.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD or ZIDOO X9S (2.1.22) >6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
ultrasilent is offline  
post #14234 of 14435 Old 01-13-2019, 05:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Egghaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Maybe this is just my experience but perhaps others agree. I general I find UHD discs and games to look great in HDR, but I find most HDR material on Netflix to be a mixed bag. Some of it looks good and some looks terrible with crazy amounts of blooming. I tend to think it is just poor mastering by Netflix.
Egghaus is offline  
post #14235 of 14435 Old 01-14-2019, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CCsoftball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 3,720
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus View Post
Maybe this is just my experience but perhaps others agree. I general I find UHD discs and games to look great in HDR, but I find most HDR material on Netflix to be a mixed bag. Some of it looks good and some looks terrible with crazy amounts of blooming. I tend to think it is just poor mastering by Netflix.
What is your MotionFlow setting on Netflix? If it is set to "off," then it has a negative effect on black levels.

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
CCsoftball7 is offline  
post #14236 of 14435 Old 01-14-2019, 11:48 PM
Member
 
tuckers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hey guys, I've been loving my 940C for years. I use it now just as a monitor, I use an nVidia Shield as my only source, instead of the onboard apps and controls (which is so much better than putting up with Sony's slow and buggy implementation of Android TV)and external speakers. I haven't touched my picture controls in almost two years, though I spent a huge amount of time dialing it in to my liking before that.

I stopped updating the firmware I think in April 2017, because there were a number of updates that seemed to negatively impact the picture quality. My firmware is at 6.01.

My one real issue is that some HDR content plays very dark especially during the day. There is some content that is so dark I can't even make out what's going on during the day. Also HDR looks kind of grey and muted in most video. Non HDR looks great. I know that HDR has been a challenge with this set. I am wondering whether I should risk updating the firmware now, if there are ways to improve the HDR brightness now.

Here are my current settings when my system automatically switches to HDR settings (some are a bit odd to try to get more brightness, like gamma:
Brightness settings:
Brightness: Max
Contrast: 69
Gamma: Max
Black Adjust: Off
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: High
Auto Local Dimming: Auto (greyed out)
X-tended Dynamic Range: High (greyed out)

Motion:
MotionFlow: True Cinema
Cinemotion: Off
So would upgrading my firmware to the latest give more control over HDR and increase brightness and clarity, especially in brighter ambient light (daytime)?

Thanks
tuckers is offline  
post #14237 of 14435 Old 01-15-2019, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CCsoftball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 3,720
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckers View Post
Hey guys, I've been loving my 940C for years. I use it now just as a monitor, I use an nVidia Shield as my only source, instead of the onboard apps and controls (which is so much better than putting up with Sony's slow and buggy implementation of Android TV)and external speakers. I haven't touched my picture controls in almost two years, though I spent a huge amount of time dialing it in to my liking before that.

I stopped updating the firmware I think in April 2017, because there were a number of updates that seemed to negatively impact the picture quality. My firmware is at 6.01.

My one real issue is that some HDR content plays very dark especially during the day. There is some content that is so dark I can't even make out what's going on during the day. Also HDR looks kind of grey and muted in most video. Non HDR looks great. I know that HDR has been a challenge with this set. I am wondering whether I should risk updating the firmware now, if there are ways to improve the HDR brightness now.

Here are my current settings when my system automatically switches to HDR settings (some are a bit odd to try to get more brightness, like gamma:
Brightness settings:
Brightness: Max
Contrast: 69
Gamma: Max
Black Adjust: Off
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: High
Auto Local Dimming: Auto (greyed out)
X-tended Dynamic Range: High (greyed out)

Motion:
MotionFlow: True Cinema
Cinemotion: Off
So would upgrading my firmware to the latest give more control over HDR and increase brightness and clarity, especially in brighter ambient light (daytime)?

Thanks
Your settings are very odd. Contrast should be set to max (for sure, partly why your picture is dark). The newer firmware definitely has improved HDR. You should probably upgrade and try the settings below to see if it helps. Also, are there settings on the player that can be adjusted? That could cause issues as well.

Brightness:

Brightness: Max
Contrast: Max
Gamma: 0
Black Level: 50
Black Adjust: Off
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Off
Auto Local Dimming: Medium
X-tendend Dynamic Range: High

Color:

Color: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temperature: Expert 1
- Adv Color Temperature
- R-Gain: Max
- G-Gain: Max
- B-Gain: Max
Color Space: Auto
Live Color: Off

Clarity:

Sharpness: 50
Reality Creation: Manual
- Resolution: 20
Mastered in 4K: Off
Random Noise Reduction: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off

Motion:

Motionflow: True Cinema
CineMotion: Off

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
CCsoftball7 is offline  
post #14238 of 14435 Old 01-17-2019, 02:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have a 940c and recently have tried a couple times to watch a VUDU movie in UHD. Each time I have gotten a message that my TV doesn't support that resolution; which we know is nonsense. I have no trouble with 4K on Netflix, Prime, and YouTube and both the TV says the software is up to date. Has anyone else run into this error?
nobrien1 is offline  
post #14239 of 14435 Old 01-18-2019, 09:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrien1 View Post
I have a 940c and recently have tried a couple times to watch a VUDU movie in UHD. Each time I have gotten a message that my TV doesn't support that resolution; which we know is nonsense. I have no trouble with 4K on Netflix, Prime, and YouTube and both the TV says the software is up to date. Has anyone else run into this error?
Have you tried Movies Anywhere on your phone or computer? Its linked to vudu and I have no problems playing movies in 4k.
Huskers15 is offline  
post #14240 of 14435 Old 01-18-2019, 10:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskers15 View Post
Have you tried Movies Anywhere on your phone or computer? Its linked to vudu and I have no problems playing movies in 4k.

No, I haven't. My need to to play Vudu UHD on my 940C.
nobrien1 is offline  
post #14241 of 14435 Old 01-19-2019, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrien1 View Post
No, I haven't. My need to to play Vudu UHD on my 940C.

If you download and install this latest version of VUDU you will get VUDU in 4K and HDR.



https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...udu+android+tv
PaulGo is offline  
post #14242 of 14435 Old 01-19-2019, 08:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
If you download and install this latest version of VUDU you will get VUDU in 4K and HDR.



https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...udu+android+tv

Fabulous - thank you! I am not clear on how to do this outside of the Play store? Can I do it through the browser in the apps, or, do I download it to USB and then trigger the install somehow?
nobrien1 is offline  
post #14243 of 14435 Old 01-19-2019, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrien1 View Post
Fabulous - thank you! I am not clear on how to do this outside of the Play store? Can I do it through the browser in the apps, or, do I download it to USB and then trigger the install somehow?

I download the app to my computer and then use a USB to transfer it.



https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post56660512
PaulGo is offline  
post #14244 of 14435 Old 01-20-2019, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
ultrasilent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCsoftball7 View Post
The newer firmware definitely has improved HDR.
Can you be more specific on what is improved?

Zidoo X9S (1.4.16.), Vertex FW 1.36.1.42, GUI 1.34
Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.9 and 2.1.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD or ZIDOO X9S (2.1.22) >6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
ultrasilent is offline  
post #14245 of 14435 Old 01-20-2019, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CCsoftball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 3,720
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasilent View Post
Can you be more specific on what is improved?
I can't say objectively; however, subjectively I think the black level, local dimming, and HDR in general are better than it was when the set first arrived. Plus, it has 7 on it now and had 6 initially (firmware versions).

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
CCsoftball7 is offline  
post #14246 of 14435 Old 01-21-2019, 09:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
I download the app to my computer and then use a USB to transfer it.



https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post56660512

Thank you again! I got the 4.31 version of Vudu loaded without any issues. Before I did this I did make one more pass at SONY and Vudu for their help and got nowhere (surprise!). The app runs and plays trailers and I will try a UHD movie one night this week.
nobrien1 is offline  
post #14247 of 14435 Old 01-21-2019, 09:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Egghaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Has anyone else experienced the faint vertical line/band running dead center down the screen? I feel like this has developed over the last few months and I'm starting to notice it more and more. Wondering if I should complain to Sony since my TV is still under warranty. Unfortunately I don't think they would be repairing the TV or replacing with the same TV. AFAIK there is no real "fix" for DSE/banding.

Sony XBR75X940C, UBP-X800, PS4 Pro 5.1.2 System Yamaha RX-V1081 Paradigm Studio 60 V5, Monitor Center 3 V7, Titan V2 Klipsch RP-140SA DIY 15" Sub w/Inuke1000DSP
Egghaus is offline  
post #14248 of 14435 Old 01-21-2019, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrien1 View Post
Thank you again! I got the 4.31 version of Vudu loaded without any issues. Before I did this I did make one more pass at SONY and Vudu for their help and got nowhere (surprise!). The app runs and plays trailers and I will try a UHD movie one night this week.
UHD titles in HDR play very well on VUDU. I also like the Movies Anywhere app which is available through the Google Play. You can share almost all your VUDU titles with Movies Anywhere at no cost. Movies Anywhere also plays in UHD and HDR. Since Movies Anywhere is available through Google Play your TV does auto updates for this app.
PaulGo is offline  
post #14249 of 14435 Old 01-21-2019, 07:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus View Post
Has anyone else experienced the faint vertical line/band running dead center down the screen? I feel like this has developed over the last few months and I'm starting to notice it more and more. Wondering if I should complain to Sony since my TV is still under warranty. Unfortunately I don't think they would be repairing the TV or replacing with the same TV. AFAIK there is no real "fix" for DSE/banding.
I exchanged several X940Cs until I wound up with the one I have now, and they all had a slight vertical band in the middle of the screen - especially at the top. If you lightly rub the screen in that area you can sometimes lessen the effect, but it can also make it worse. It seems to be a fact of life with modern TVs.
gutter24 is offline  
post #14250 of 14435 Old 01-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutter24 View Post
I exchanged several X940Cs until I wound up with the one I have now, and they all had a slight vertical band in the middle of the screen - especially at the top. If you lightly rub the screen in that area you can sometimes lessen the effect, but it can also make it worse. It seems to be a fact of life with modern TVs.
I can also say that my 940c either developed a faint vertical line or had it the entire time and it just took me forever to notice.
brianmorris82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
940C , hdr , Sony , X930C , X940C

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off