**Official** Sony X930C / X940C Owners Thread - Page 481 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7020Likes

post #14401 of 14435 Old 09-18-2019, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 1
hi all , is there anyone on the thread that is on a older firmware on their tv ? i managed to get into the service menu last nite , tinkering with the WB SETTINGS i managed to make hdr and the display overall a whole lot brighter and colourful , it really pops , just was wondering what the actual settings may be for a older firmware, so we can compare, thanks

Last edited by litlnicky; 09-18-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14402 of 14435 Old 09-19-2019, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by litlnicky View Post
hi all , is there anyone on the thread that is on a older firmware on their tv ? i managed to get into the service menu last nite , tinkering with the WB SETTINGS i managed to make hdr and the display overall a whole lot brighter and colourful , it really pops , just was wondering what the actual settings may be for a older firmware, so we can compare, thanks
Whatever it is you have discovered I would be most interested in trying. I thought the TV was already great but if I could add additional brightness and pop to my HDR content without sacrificing too much, I am willing to try. As it is Service Menu related I guess I could access it via the Sony Remote?

Just checking but for others interest, is this the correct method for accessing Service Menu?

Step 1
Turn off your television. The "Service Mode" menu is accessible only from a direct boot of the TV.

Step 2
Press the "Display" button on your Bravia remote control, followed by the "5" button and the volume "+" button.

Step 3
Turn the television on with the "Power" button on the remote. The TV will boot into the "Service Mode" menu.

Curious to your findings, please keep us posted.
post #14403 of 14435 Old 09-19-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoyZ4 View Post
Whatever it is you have discovered I would be most interested in trying. I thought the TV was already great but if I could add additional brightness and pop to my HDR content without sacrificing too much, I am willing to try. As it is Service Menu related I guess I could access it via the Sony Remote?

Just checking but for others interest, is this the correct method for accessing Service Menu?

Step 1
Turn off your television. The "Service Mode" menu is accessible only from a direct boot of the TV.

Step 2
Press the "Display" button on your Bravia remote control, followed by the "5" button and the volume "+" button.

Step 3
Turn the television on with the "Power" button on the remote. The TV will boot into the "Service Mode" menu.

Curious to your findings, please keep us posted.
hiya, service menu steps lolll, method Put the TV in standby mode WITH REMOTE, then press the following buttons on the remote (DISPLAY) (5) (VOL+) (POWER) , no need for direct boot ,, basically start up a HDR GAME on console , then using remote do the steps,( this way you can see the HDR game playing in the background whilst changing the settings) , tv will boot into secret service mode, scroll to PANEL/PQ, PRESS RIGHT, scroll down to WB adjustments , press right , now you will see 6 adjustments you can make to colour, all 6 is at 512 , only change the top 3 , i changed to them 612 , left other 3 at 512 ,now press the home button , this will exit n save the changes , , you should see a massive colour, brightness and contrast boost,(THIS AFFECTS ALL PICTURE MODES) adjust all picture presets to your liking, if you found a sweet spot adjusting these colours, please feel free to let us know, iv found that the higher you go , the crazier the effects get , so dont go any higher than 612 heehee,

Last edited by litlnicky; 09-19-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14404 of 14435 Old 09-19-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
hiya, service menu steps lolll, method Put the TV in standby mode WITH REMOTE, then press the following buttons on the remote (DISPLAY) (5) (VOL+) (POWER) , no need for direct boot ,, basically start up a HDR GAME on console , then using remote do the steps,( this way you can see the HDR game playing in the background whilst changing the settings) , tv will boot into secret service mode, scroll to PANEL/PQ, PRESS RIGHT, scroll down to WB adjustments , press right , now you will see 6 adjustments you can make to colour, all 6 is at 512 , only change the top 3 , i changed to them 612 , left other 3 at 512 ,now press the home button , this will exit n save the changes , , you should see a massive colour, brightness and contrast boost,(THIS AFFECTS ALL PICTURE MODES) adjust all picture presets to your liking, if you found a sweet spot adjusting these colours, please feel free to let us know, thanks
Now I feel like I need to use a sick day at work so I can go home and try this out right away. Thanks for this. I will definitely log my Stock settings in case things get out of wack.

Interestingly enough, I also feel like the TV has changed in "brightness and punch" since the many firmware updates. Some for better and some for worse...anyways at some point I felt like the TV got slightly dimmer but with this latest firmware I am on (released on 6-17-19), either my eyes have adjusted or the TV still feels like it has some excellent SDR brightness and very good HDR punch (depending on content and HDR settings).

I too wonder if previous older firmwares have a different WB calibration in place versus what I have in latest firmware. I'll post my results later (using my eye-dyno) after adjusting the WB on my 940C tonight.
post #14405 of 14435 Old 09-19-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoyZ4 View Post
Now I feel like I need to use a sick day at work so I can go home and try this out right away. Thanks for this. I will definitely log my Stock settings in case things get out of wack.

Interestingly enough, I also feel like the TV has changed in "brightness and punch" since the many firmware updates. Some for better and some for worse...anyways at some point I felt like the TV got slightly dimmer but with this latest firmware I am on (released on 6-17-19), either my eyes have adjusted or the TV still feels like it has some excellent SDR brightness and very good HDR punch (depending on content and HDR settings).

I too wonder if previous older firmwares have a different WB calibration in place versus what I have in latest firmware. I'll post my results later (using my eye-dyno) after adjusting the WB on my 940C tonight.
loll, i feel the opposite , the firmware that bought back the missing DYNAMIC RANGE setting was one of the better firmwares , this latest one is not the same , thats why i tinker so much , yep please post your findings when free
post #14406 of 14435 Old 09-20-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
loll, i feel the opposite , the firmware that bought back the missing DYNAMIC RANGE setting was one of the better firmwares , this latest one is not the same , thats why i tinker so much , yep please post your findings when free
So played a bit with it yesterday. I can definitely say that to my eyes everything in HDR has gotten a bit brighter. I also was at 512 for all six settings in the PQ service menu. I went to 612 as you did to see what would happen. I can't say whether the brighter results are an actual increase in NITS output, or instead just raising the floor of the overall picture so to speak (ie. the lower levels or "floor" of the overall output is brighter but the "ceiling" is still the same).

The drawback I did notice to this was that it felt like I was losing detail in bright highlights, especially noticeable in fires shown on screen, and sometimes visible in the sky near the sun or bright parts. I was able to recapture most of that detail by just turning on Live Color, which does drop the brightness overall it seems, but just down a notch due to tone mapping, but it still feels brighter overall than it did before the service menu adjustments, with the same picture settings in HDR.

May need more testing but I am liking it so far. Its not a drastic improvement everywhere but also it feels like everything I watch now in HDR is overall a little brighter. I have to squint more at night when I watch certain movies like (ie. Mad Max...storm scene). Pretty fun to try this either way.
post #14407 of 14435 Old 09-20-2019, 09:19 AM

Hiya, iv bin messing around with the settings all day, iv kinda found a sweet spot for myself, them first 3 i did leave at 612, to overcome overall brightness,, i dropped the lower 3 to 502 ,this killed off any grey leftovers in scenes, gotta admit dropping it more to 492 looks a lot better, but then it gets too dark,looks pretty dope in uncharted haha, no more grey fog anywhere
post #14408 of 14435 Old 09-20-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Hiya, iv bin messing around with the settings all day, iv kinda found a sweet spot for myself, them first 3 i did leave at 612, to overcome overall brightness,, i dropped the lower 3 to 502 ,this killed off any grey leftovers in scenes, gotta admit dropping it more to 492 looks a lot better, but then it gets too dark,looks pretty dope in uncharted haha, no more grey fog anywhere
Haven't been messing with it too much except I tried lowering the bottom three settings...however anything lower than the 512 it is default at makes me lose detail in dark scenes. I will admit the level of contrast and punch it provides is fun. I am wondering now though if this is the same thing as just adjusting the Black Level in the Picture Settings menu.
post #14409 of 14435 Old 10-09-2019, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 42
So I got the 7.0 update for PS4 yesterday and I played with the global Adjust HDR option in the Display Output menu. I think it does a real good job of not blowing out the hightlights in games now where things are shown at peak brightness.

Below is a picture I took this morning from Chapter 12 of Uncharted 4. With my brightness and contrast settings at max, I can now still see detail from one of the many bright areas in the game. I'd say this is a very good improvement to the HDR visuals that this TV can produce. Now we can have full brightness and contrast without blowing out the details. I took this picture with low iso settings so you can see the detail, otherwise everything would look washed out.

I also loaded up Spiderman. I thought that game had mediocre HDR and with these adjustments I'd say it made it a lot better. Haven't played it as much so I can't tell how the daylight levels looked. I only played the sunset time levels. But the HDR is better pronounced in that game now.

PSN ID Cyber125
post #14410 of 14435 Old 10-24-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasilent View Post
can anybody test input lag for HDR (with different settings) with high speed camera?

move the mouse (with indication of touching mouse) and then count how many frames passed till pointer moving on the tv screen.
Not sure if you ever received any response to your questions. I too was wondering of the current state of the input lag on this set. Since the firmware updates over time have had it get better with the Android Marshmallow release and then get worse some one or two firmware later in 4K HDR gaming (from ~90+ms to ~60+ms to ~38ms then back to somewhere around ~50-60ms)...so it's all over the place, I wonder if Nougat has brought it back down to the ~38ms in 4K HDR that the initial Marshmallow firmware update provided.

If no one has responded her in this forum didn't know if you heard anything new on your end. There are a lot of models supported by our latest v5.435 firmware release (also likely might be our last one), so if no answers here maybe one of the other owner's thread is more active to have an update.
post #14411 of 14435 Old 10-24-2019, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I would be curious as well, however I don't have an input lag tester, TotoyZ4 where are you getting these numbers? I also don'y have a laptop that is capable of sending a 4K HDR signal to do the "2 screens" lag test method.

Sony XBR75X940C, UBP-X800, PS4 Pro 5.1.2 System Yamaha RX-V1081 Paradigm Studio 60 V5, Monitor Center 3 V7, Titan V2 Klipsch RP-140SA DIY 15" Sub w/Inuke1000DSP
post #14412 of 14435 Old 10-24-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus View Post
I would be curious as well, however I don't have an input lag tester, TotoyZ4 where are you getting these numbers? I also don'y have a laptop that is capable of sending a 4K HDR signal to do the "2 screens" lag test method.
Sorry for lack of sources. I believe most numbers were rounded by my poor memory, however mostly derived from tests performed at rtings.com. If you check their review of the Sony 850C and other Bravia sets sharing our firmware releases, it documents their findings of the input lags that the various Sony firmware releases have given to us in regards to 4K HDR gaming. It seems like the 1080p gaming input lag has stayed relatively the same over subsequent firmwares but the 4K HDR one eventually became just as good as the 1080p input lag with the initial Android Marshmallow update, but then somewhere down the line it supposedly tanked again some one or two firmware releases later. So not sure if Android Nougat has fixed it all somehow...

Caveat is that I am assuming that the input lag for our sets (940C) similarly follow the input lag of other 2015/2016 Bravia sets that share the same firmware releases with our 940C.
post #14413 of 14435 Old 10-25-2019, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 74
If anything I think the numbers would be most comparable to the X930C. The X850C didn't have local dimming or any of the extra picture enhancements like the 930/940C. The numbers Rtings tested for the 930C were not great (60ms). I do game a lot on my 940C but my internet sucks so I'm not too worried about input lag, and HDR gaming on this TV is fantastic.

Sony XBR75X940C, UBP-X800, PS4 Pro 5.1.2 System Yamaha RX-V1081 Paradigm Studio 60 V5, Monitor Center 3 V7, Titan V2 Klipsch RP-140SA DIY 15" Sub w/Inuke1000DSP
post #14414 of 14435 Old 11-24-2019, 04:56 AM
Rabid 3-D Aficionado

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 633
What is currently the BEST web browser app for the 940C? By BEST, I mean least glitchy (few if any hang ups), easy controls, etc.
post #14415 of 14435 Old 12-13-2019, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My X940C won't turn on at all. It was fine and then didn't turn back on again

I got it in 2015 and thanks to suggestions in this forum I did buy the extended 5 year warranty from Costco, which is powered by square trade.

Has anyone else heard of this TV just going dark like this??

Squaretrade sent a repair guy today and they switched a bunch of the boards but the TV did not power up. I really love this TV...

Few questions:

1) What would be a comparable TV today? I love the built-in speakers and wireless subwoofer...but at least picture wise what is the SONY that looks as good as the 940c. I've read squaretrade will try to low ball me with some $800 LED and I want to be ready with a counter offer.

2) What is the best SONY TV in the 6-7K range? In case I get my purchase price back from Squaretrade I should be looking at OLEDs correct?

3) I really like the 940C can anyone recommend a place known for being able to repair these TVs? (Not for nothing but the tech that came over robotically replaced some boards and tried to turn on...no testing voltages, no diagnostics at all...). Unless Squaretrade wants the broken TV to replace it or pay out (which is fine and their prerogative). I'd still like to take a crack at repairing it and replacing my bedroom set.

Thanks for the help
post #14416 of 14435 Old 12-21-2019, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexxion View Post

I got it in 2015 and thanks to suggestions in this forum I did buy the extended 5 year warranty from Costco, which is powered by square trade.

Squaretrade sent a repair guy today and they switched a bunch of the boards but the TV did not power up. I really love this TV...

Few questions:

1) What would be a comparable TV today? I love the built-in speakers and wireless subwoofer...but at least picture wise what is the SONY that looks as good as the 940c. I've read squaretrade will try to low ball me with some $800 LED and I want to be ready with a counter offer.

2) What is the best SONY TV in the 6-7K range? In case I get my purchase price back from Squaretrade I should be looking at OLEDs correct?

3) I really like the 940C can anyone recommend a place known for being able to repair these TVs? (Not for nothing but the tech that came over robotically replaced some boards and tried to turn on...no testing voltages, no diagnostics at all...). Unless Squaretrade wants the broken TV to replace it or pay out (which is fine and their prerogative). I'd still like to take a crack at repairing it and replacing my bedroom set.

Thanks for the help
It doesn’t sound like you had a very good tech. It’s definitely a problem with one of the boards and it just needs to be changed out. I had this issue with and older Samsung and I bought a board off of eBay. I would have them come back out. It can be fixed.

As for new TVs, I don’t see any Sony’s that are comparable to the 940c. I’m sure with some research you can find what you are looking for.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.1.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Marantz AV7705 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
post #14417 of 14435 Old 12-21-2019, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexxion View Post

Few questions:

Thanks for the help
I loved my 75" 940C. Truly a superior TV. Enjoyed it for many years. Traded up to a well reviewed SONY 85" 900F. It's not as good. Better for HDR but in all other ways the older technology provided a superior picture. Plus the details and form factor of the 940 with the built in side speakers forming what appeared to be a wider aspect ratio frame were all just stunning and unmatched in today's market.

On the other hand, in the price range you mention, you can get a SONY 77" OLED which will make you very happy that your 940C broke.
Tom Riddle likes this.

Last edited by console; 12-21-2019 at 06:49 PM.
post #14418 of 14435 Old 12-26-2019, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I have a 65' X930C and I have loved the TV. However I also love buying new tech and have had this for nearly 5 years now.

The other reason I want a new TV is that I want a 75 inch so I can see the 4K detail better. Also, the OS on this TV has been a huge bug bear from the beginning. Really slow and laggy with no improvement at all.

I was looking at Samsung QLED and or an LG OLED (would have to buy a 65' OLED though).

I was thinking about the Q85R or Q90R for Samsung. However, will the budget Samsung TVs such as the RU7100 be a disappointment if I wanted something at more of a budget? I would think tech in 5 years would mean thjat even the RU7100 would be an improvement?
post #14419 of 14435 Old 12-26-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachpie View Post
I have a 65' X930C and I have loved the TV. However I also love buying new tech and have had this for nearly 5 years now.

The other reason I want a new TV is that I want a 75 inch so I can see the 4K detail better. Also, the OS on this TV has been a huge bug bear from the beginning. Really slow and laggy with no improvement at all.

I was looking at Samsung QLED and or an LG OLED (would have to buy a 65' OLED though).

I was thinking about the Q85R or Q90R for Samsung. However, will the budget Samsung TVs such as the RU7100 be a disappointment if I wanted something at more of a budget? I would think tech in 5 years would mean thjat even the RU7100 would be an improvement?
The best overall picture quality will come from either an OLED display since it has infinite contrast, or a LCD that has a Full Array Local Dimming system. If you are on a true budget, but want good picture quality, both Vizio has their PX75-G1 Quantum Dot FALD (or you could go with their cheaper P-Series without the Quantum Dots) and TCL has their 75Q825 which has gotten great reviews for their FALD systems.

For me personally, the OLED TV’s just aren’t at a great price point yet to warrant a purchase.

Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
post #14420 of 14435 Old 01-15-2020, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I don’t know if anybody still looks at this thread, but I have a question about my 65 930C. I bought a Roku Ultra to watch the Super Bowl in 4K HDR. I have it plugged into my Marantz 7011, then into HDMI 1 which has been set to “enhanced”. However, the Roku can’t pass 4kHDR 60 FPS, only 30 FPS. This seems to be a problem for streaming 4K HDR, as Disney + isn’t showing 4K, only HD. I’m wondering if I need to switch the HDMI from the Marantz to the TV to HDMI 4 as that one is the ARC enabled port. Would that do any good to get 60 FPS?
post #14421 of 14435 Old 01-16-2020, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1292 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtb002 View Post
I don’t know if anybody still looks at this thread, but I have a question about my 65 930C. I bought a Roku Ultra to watch the Super Bowl in 4K HDR. I have it plugged into my Marantz 7011, then into HDMI 1 which has been set to “enhanced”. However, the Roku can’t pass 4kHDR 60 FPS, only 30 FPS. This seems to be a problem for streaming 4K HDR, as Disney + isn’t showing 4K, only HD. I’m wondering if I need to switch the HDMI from the Marantz to the TV to HDMI 4 as that one is the ARC enabled port. Would that do any good to get 60 FPS?

According the manual, your receiver should be able to pass the signal.

• Make sure the cable from the receiver to the TV and from the Roku to the receiver are capable of handling that bandwidth at that distance. 90% of the time when I come across this issue, it is a cable problem. Even when using "certified" cables I occasionally get a bad one.
  • For troubleshooting purposes, first try connecting the Roku straight to the TV. If that works, you can work the receiver back in.
  • Try different HDMI ports on your TV. I believe with some versions of these TVs only 2 of the 4 HDMI ports actually support 4K/60.(On mine it is supported on all 4)
  • Ensure you aren't using the front hdmi input on your receiver as that one does not support 4k/60
post #14422 of 14435 Old 01-16-2020, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
It was the cable, it’s interesting that every other device showed that I was getting 4K HDR, but the Roku was the only one that made the distinction of 60fps. It seems to be streaming fine, but the limitations of the edge lighting are very evident. I may be looking at the z9f if BB hasn’t sold out of them.
post #14423 of 14435 Old 01-28-2020, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1899 Post(s)
Liked: 1307
My 940c has recently had a problem pop up. Sometimes it won't turn on. I have to unplug it and re-plug it to work. I get the android start up screen after restarting. Seems like the OS may be crashing while it's turned off. Anyone else had this? Is there a way to fix it?
post #14424 of 14435 Old 01-28-2020, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post
My 940c has recently had a problem pop up. Sometimes it won't turn on. I have to unplug it and re-plug it to work. I get the android start up screen after restarting. Seems like the OS may be crashing while it's turned off. Anyone else had this? Is there a way to fix it?
I have the 940c but I have never encountered this problem. Since the issue is affecting your ability to use the TV properly, I would probably do a factory reset of the OS and see if that helps in any way. I know it's a pain to re-setup everything but it's a sure fire way to eliminate any issues regarding the OS being the cause of your issue.

PSN ID Cyber125
post #14425 of 14435 Old 01-29-2020, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yep. Rarely do I have to unplug it, but it can be finicky to turn on. Sometimes it will only respond to the Sony remote’s power button. I don’t think it’s a board issue, but more related to the OS.

post #14426 of 14435 Old 01-30-2020, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1899 Post(s)
Liked: 1307
I came across this...

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00235875

It says the TV may not fully turn on. What does that mean? In my case, the TV does nothing. The light at the bottom doesn't turn on and I can't hear, feel or see anything. I wouldn't categorize it as a partial turn on.

At least if my TV has this problem, they'll cover it until the end of this year.
post #14427 of 14435 Old 02-22-2020, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
I am on. What is exactly interesting for you?

Zidoo X9S (1.4.16.), Vertex FW 1.36.1.42, GUI 1.34
Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.9 and 2.1.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD or ZIDOO X9S (2.1.22) >6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
post #14428 of 14435 Old 02-22-2020, 03:42 AM

Quote:
I can see that mostly C series owners have such problems. very sadly. can it be FW updates related?

Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.9 and 2.1.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD or ZIDOO X9S (2.1.22) >6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
post #14429 of 14435 Old 02-22-2020, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus View Post
I have laptop with nvidia 1070 and can test if you tell me how to do that.

post #14430 of 14435 Old 02-22-2020, 04:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasilent View Post
I can see that mostly C series owners have such problems. very sadly. can it be FW updates related?
Since they state it may require a board repair, I doubt it. The boards are easily replaceable in modern day TV’s - you would be surprised at how little is on the inside. If you end up needing a board repair, the best thing to do is to find out which board needs replacement and buy that board on a parts site. Just follow the instructions to change it out. There are typically repair services on eBay, as well. Just find the applicable service, pay and send your board to them, they send it back in about a week and reinstall.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
940C , hdr , Sony , X930C , X940C

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page