Originally Posted by Scoobydiesel
I just did the long power button reset(before I had gone to the settings and restarted) and its still not working(menu audio is not working)
Speakers are set to audio system.
Not sure on ARC or Optical out?
My set up is everything plugged into my Sound system(sony) then out to the TV. I typically watch everything on my Xbox One which is connected to my Tivo Roamio which is then connected to the sound system.
I'm honestly not sure what screwed it up? I dont believe I had done anything and then all of a sudden realized its not working and the fact that the TV menu sounds are not working?
So are you sure you ever had sound coming from your sound system, and not just the TV?
You are using ARC if you have done the following:
Connected an HDMI cable from HDMI4 on the TV to the ARC HDMI input on your receiver or to your soundbar's HDMI connection.
Audio settings required on your TV and on your connected device(s) to use ARC:
* Home>Settings>External Inputs>Bravia Sync settings; Enable Bravia Sync
* On your connected device (usually receiver or soundbar), enable Bravia Sync (Sony device) or HDMI-CEC (non-Sony device). Companies use different names for HDMI-CEC - see table to the right for some examples. You need to figure out if your device supports HDMI-CEC and what they call it in the menu structure of the device so you can enable it.
* Home>Settings>Sound>Speakers. Set to Audio System
* Home>Settings>Sound>Digital Audio Out. Set to Auto 2 to output DD/DTS surround sound when available.
* Use the HDMI4 connection on the TV - that is the only ARC-enabled HDMI port on the TV!
If you haven't done all of above, then you ARC won't work.
If you've used an optical cable to connect from the TV to your sound system, that's a separate small, thin cable (not HDMI) that has a little (like 1/16" diameter) glass bulb on each end of it.
You're most likely using (or trying to use) ARC...check the settings above and confirm you're connected properly and have enabled what needs to be enabled.
But before that, if things were working previously via ARC, try turning everything off, unplugging/completely power down, and then fire everything up again - that might resolve things if it was working before an all your settings/connections are correct.