Hisense 55H9B2 55" Curved 4K Full-Array LED Backlight w/ 85 Zones under 1K - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 112Likes

post #151 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab6c2 View Post
The one I received from PC Richard was a B2, despite only being listed as a B.

Works great thus far with beautiful picture although I still have issues with my Roku Premier plus not being able to complete the HDCP 2.2 handshake.

Will I went through the same process as you mention for your Roku Ultra with no luck - I feel like the handshake/cache is not actually clearing on the TV and that is what is likely creating the issue.

Debating factory reset, think it might help?
sorry your having the Roku issues. It took forever for mine to start working right. I almost blame Roku more than Hisense. One question, has your Roku Premiere been updated with the latest firmware? i would hook to a working tv and make sure it updates. Should be 7.2.2 or 7.5 i think.

What exactly is happening when you hook the Roku up to the TV? Does it let you go to the setup screen? Does it let you choose the TV screen type on setup? Choose 4k HDR if so on the initial setup.

It might be worth factory reset the tv and the roku.

Also, you might make sure your HDCP/HDMI ports 3,4 are activated in the TV's service (M) menu.
To get to this menu, go to settings on the tv, go to the sound settings, go to balance, make sure it is on "0", type in 1969 on the remote, this should place a green "M" in the top left of screen. There is a setting marked HDCP 2.2 make sure it is ok or on.

Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
Just ordered from PC Richards. Curious how this TV will stack up against my Samsung 64F8500 plasma. The Hisense is not replacing my plasma but will be used in my bedroom. I have been so happy with my F8500 I haven't looked at TVs since getting it. LOL

Why is this TV not really available anywhere elese? Is there a 55H9B and a 55H9B2? Or is there only a B2 but they list it just with a B. Curious if it is possible we might get a different, maybe older TV?
from my understanding there was never a 55h9b, only the 55h9b2. Hisense is supposed to be repackaging the tv for a 2017 release changing the packaging to promote the HDR capability and include the final HDR update with designation 55h9C. However, this launch has been delayed due to both outside retools of Netflix and internal delays from Hisense on the HDR update. Basically they updated the 2016 models first. This TV is an accident but a good one in my opinion. Tier 2 told me that do to it being engineered in Chinese that makes the update harder as compared to the 2016 models. Don't know what to say about that. Maybe the acquisition of Sharp has something to do with it.
eric3316 and alphasupremicus like this.
post #153 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Anyone running the HDR beta firmware, how is the HDR performance? Has anyone watched any 4k blu rays or streamed HDR shows from Netflix via an Xbox One S or any other device?

I also called support last night about more detailed specs of this set and the lady told me she would call/email a follow up when she could get that info from a different department. Will see if I get a follow up or if Will does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by willintheusa View Post
from my understanding there was never a 55h9b, only the 55h9b2. Hisense is supposed to be repackaging the tv for a 2017 release changing the packaging to promote the HDR capability and include the final HDR update with designation 55h9C. However, this launch has been delayed due to both outside retools of Netflix and internal delays from Hisense on the HDR update. Basically they updated the 2016 models first. This TV is an accident but a good one in my opinion. Tier 2 told me that do to it being engineered in Chinese that makes the update harder as compared to the 2016 models. Don't know what to say about that. Maybe the acquisition of Sharp has something to do with it.
Cool, appreciate the response. I just hope they don't abandon this model before they release a final official update to activate HDR and hopefully we will see future updates after that as well. You can't even find this model for sale right now besides PC Richards and not much about it anywhere else really. Just seems strange.
post #155 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
Cool, appreciate the response. I just hope they don't abandon this model before they release a final official update to activate HDR and hopefully we will see future updates after that as well. You can't even find this model for sale right now besides PC Richards and not much about it anywhere else really. Just seems strange.
I talked to support a few days ago and they confirmed the update is coming...no date yet though. This model has been gone from their website for some time. Its not listed anywhere under their current TVs and has been hard to find for a long time. When I purchased it back in April you could only find it on amazon and even then it would constantly become unavailable. Its possible there just were not many of these made and/or the decided to push the less expensive non-curved inferior models since the could sell them for less. The H10 has been on their site so its just the H9 which seems not to exist. I just consider us lucky since the set is so amazing for the price. I have only run internal netflix HDR and it looks stunning. My xbox s also has no issue running in 4K and HDR checks so I assume movies will play fine. I did run into an issue with my onkyo RZ 900 receiver not working through the hdmi 3/4 ports with the beta update - which is annoying but the sound can be sent back from the TV to the receiver as a work around. Its strange since it worked with the non beta firmware without issue.

If you look through the support section of the hisense website you can find the H9 listed there as well as this spec sheet.

https://www.hisense-usa.com/sites/de...tions_v1.0.pdf

Last edited by EyesHigh; 12-01-2016 at 01:53 PM.
post #156 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
PS Pro

If anyone purchases a PS pro. I would be curious if there are any issues running it with this TV in 4K/HDR with the beta firmware. I know there were several samsung and LG TVs that had issues. I am pretty sure that was due to a Dolby vision incompatability and since this TV runs in HDR10 I think it should work no problem. But it would be nice to confirm.
post #157 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
sorry your having the Roku issues. It took forever for mine to start working right. I almost blame Roku more than Hisense. One question, has your Roku Premiere been updated with the latest firmware? i would hook to a working tv and make sure it updates. Should be 7.2.2 or 7.5 i think.

What exactly is happening when you hook the Roku up to the TV? Does it let you go to the setup screen? Does it let you choose the TV screen type on setup? Choose 4k HDR if so on the initial setup.

It might be worth factory reset the tv and the roku.

Also, you might make sure your HDCP/HDMI ports 3,4 are activated in the TV's service (M) menu.
To get to this menu, go to settings on the tv, go to the sound settings, go to balance, make sure it is on "0", type in 1969 on the remote, this should place a green "M" in the top left of screen. There is a setting marked HDCP 2.2 make sure it is ok or on.

Will
I dont have any issues with getting a display from the Roku, it just cant see 2.2 capabilities on ports 3 or 4 and thus wont allow me to set the display mode to 4k or 4k HDR, only 1080p.

I did update it to the most recent firmware but I'll have to check exactly what that is.

Will try a factory reset on both units and double check that 2.2 is enabled per your suggestions.

As always, appreciative of your input.
post #158 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I dont have any issues with getting a display from the Roku, it just cant see 2.2 capabilities on ports 3 or 4 and thus wont allow me to set the display mode to 4k or 4k HDR, only 1080p.

I did update it to the most recent firmware but I'll have to check exactly what that is.

Will try a factory reset on both units and double check that 2.2 is enabled per your suggestions.

As always, appreciative of your input.
you might try reflashing each .1228 again then flashing .0926 again.
post #159 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
you might try reflashing each .1228 again then flashing .0926 again.
Will give that a shot also. How do I roll back firmware? Haven't been able to find any info on that.
post #160 of 1010 Old 12-01-2016, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
I just emailed Hisense tech support who relayed the R&D department for some specs on the 55H9B2. Hopefully i will get an answer soon.

"Date: December 1, 2016 at 1:41:52 PM EST
To: [email protected]
Subject: Specs

I would like the following specs for the 55h9b2:

1. sRGB % or rec. 2020 or DCI P3, rec.709 or NTSC color space
2. Brightness cd/m2 ?
3. Smart Peak brightness in nits ?
4. Either Static contrast or dynamic contrast value
5. Hertz refresh rate?
6. Interpolation value?
7. Panel Color depth? true 10 bit or 8 bit + FTC

Thank you
Sent from my iPhone"
hope you get all those specs cause they arent out there on the web....
post #161 of 1010 Old 12-02-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Will give that a shot also. How do I roll back firmware? Haven't been able to find any info on that.
all you have to do is insert the usb back in the top usb port with the old firmware and it will re-install. I posted links on here to both .1228(HDCP) and .0926(hdr)
post #162 of 1010 Old 12-02-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
all you have to do is insert the usb back in the top usb port with the old firmware and it will re-install. I posted links on here to both .1228(HDCP) and .0926(hdr)
I tried using that method but the TV did not care for it.

HDCP 2.2 showing "OK" on the M menu by the way. Will try the factory resets over the weekend.
post #163 of 1010 Old 12-02-2016, 02:27 PM

did you use instructions provided? not sure what you mean when you say the tv is not having it? put usb with .1228 in top port, use remote to turn on power and hold down remote power button should cause the tv to access the usb drive and install whichever firmware is on the drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0392.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1803409  

Last edited by willintheusa; 12-02-2016 at 02:34 PM.
post #164 of 1010 Old 12-03-2016, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesHigh View Post
I talked to support a few days ago and they confirmed the update is coming...no date yet though. This model has been gone from their website for some time. Its not listed anywhere under their current TVs and has been hard to find for a long time. When I purchased it back in April you could only find it on amazon and even then it would constantly become unavailable. Its possible there just were not many of these made and/or the decided to push the less expensive non-curved inferior models since the could sell them for less. The H10 has been on their site so its just the H9 which seems not to exist. I just consider us lucky since the set is so amazing for the price. I have only run internal netflix HDR and it looks stunning. My xbox s also has no issue running in 4K and HDR checks so I assume movies will play fine. I did run into an issue with my onkyo RZ 900 receiver not working through the hdmi 3/4 ports with the beta update - which is annoying but the sound can be sent back from the TV to the receiver as a work around. Its strange since it worked with the non beta firmware without issue.

If you look through the support section of the hisense website you can find the H9 listed there as well as this spec sheet.

https://www.hisense-usa.com/sites/de...tions_v1.0.pdf
So my 55 h9b is on it's way. I'd just like confirmation that at some point there will be an OTA update for it that allows HDR through hdmi. I have an xbox one s and would really like full hdr support for it. I don't feel comfortable trying to update it on my own..lol. I'm not computer savvy at all.

Last edited by jaamz777; 12-03-2016 at 02:07 PM.
post #165 of 1010 Old 12-03-2016, 03:44 PM

Reflashed firmware and now everything works perfectly.

4k HDR through the Roku looks phenomenal.
h1pst3r88 and eric3316 like this.
post #166 of 1010 Old 12-03-2016, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Reflashed firmware and now everything works perfectly.

4k HDR through the Roku looks phenomenal.
So Will's instructions for re-installing the beta firmware(s) was right on?

Do you guys dig the Roku 4? I am going to get the boys Xbox One S along with the Hisense. Would the Roku be redundant with the Xbox One S (eg. 4k HDR streaming)?

Thanks!

Last edited by h1pst3r88; 12-03-2016 at 05:59 PM.
post #167 of 1010 Old 12-04-2016, 01:18 AM

PC Richards sold out now...glad I got in forthe savings...
Hereis the original article I found on rhe launch of the ULED tvs

https://hdguru.com/hisense-unveils-uled-quantum-dot-4k-led-tv-line/
post #168 of 1010 Old 12-04-2016, 01:23 AM

Here is another article I saved pn the Hisense ULED tvs

http://m.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Hisense/4K/Ultra_HD/hdr/high-dynamic-range/Local_Dimming/CES/ces-2016/price/hisense-details-2016-4k-ultra-hd-tv-lineup-with-hdr-prices-start-at-just-400/28840
post #169 of 1010 Old 12-04-2016, 01:28 AM

Still want to see reviewed published specs...

http://televisions.reviewed.com/news/hisense-2016-tv-line-up
post #170 of 1010 Old 12-04-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1pst3r88 View Post
So Will's instructions for re-installing the beta firmware(s) was right on?

Do you guys dig the Roku 4? I am going to get the boys Xbox One S along with the Hisense. Would the Roku be redundant with the Xbox One S (eg. 4k HDR streaming)?

Thanks!
Yes. I was mistakenly using the power button on the back of the TV instead of the remote.

The Roku Premier+ is what I have. I only got it because I have a regular Xbox One and not the S. I likely won't upgrade until Scorpio is released.

To me, the Premier+ is a better experience than using the native TV apps. An Xbox One S would work just as well - my Xbox One has been a great TV and game box up to this point.
post #171 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys I'm getting this delivered 12/9 and need some help.

Anybody got a PDF of user manual ? I went to website but got 404.

Has anybody installed Bias Lighting on this and did it improve user experience ?

Will a normal VESA mounting bracket work or do I need one for curved screens ?

Do I need 2.2 HDMI cables to hook up 1080 components like Sony PS3 ?

Thanks In Advance
post #172 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 10:05 AM

Liked: 2
I can't answer all your questions, but here's what I can answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2c View Post
Has anybody installed Bias Lighting on this and did it improve user experience ?

I got the Zabika Bias Lighting Kit 6500K for TVs on Amazon that came with a dimmer (nice for when I wish to turn it off) and velcro to secure it to the back of the TV. The only thing I wish I had done differently is get a longer strip. The strip I got was 52" and can't quite circle the back the TV enough to give a uniform bias light behind it. I'm no display expert, but to the untrained eye, I'd say the bias light definitely makes the blacks feel blacker.

Also, I purchased the Echogear Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount for 37-70 inch LED from Amazon for my Hisense 55H9B2 and it worked great! The back of the TV is flat where the VESA mounting holes are located.
post #173 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaamz777 View Post
So my 55 h9b is on it's way. I'd just like confirmation that at some point there will be an OTA update for it that allows HDR through hdmi. I have an xbox one s and would really like full hdr support for it. I don't feel comfortable trying to update it on my own..lol. I'm not computer savvy at all.
i posted a link to the HDR beta update on this forum, page 3 i think. the final version is in works. make sure you upgrade to .1228 first then .0926.
once you download to your computer follow the enclosed instructions. put the file on a flash drive.

1. turn tv off.
2. insert flashdrive into usb 1 port on tv.
3. then use remote to push power and hold power until update starts]
4. your finished.

i can say the xbox one s looks great on this tv with the hdr update. as far as an ota update, i am not sure. when the final comes out it may be usb only like the (.1228 HDMI/HDCP) was.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0392.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1809289  

Last edited by willintheusa; 12-05-2016 at 10:33 AM.
post #174 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Thanks In Advance
https://www.hisense-usa.com/sites/de...al-English.pdf
post #175 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:

Thanks In Advance
i believe the ps3 is only pushing 10gps so regular hdmi cables would work but i would get the high speed certified 18gps and be future proof for 4k and hdr.
post #176 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 11:08 AM

Liked: 2
Quote:
i posted a link to the HDR beta update on this forum, page 3 i think. the final version is in works.
Just wondering how much longer we have to wait to get the final HDR firmware? Any indication that we'll see it before Christmas? Have they only ever produced one beta firmware version for you?

I'm patiently waiting and trying to avoid applying beta firmware in hopes that it's any day now the final version comes out, but I may just have to take the plunge and do it, especially if I learn this will drag on into 2017.
post #177 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 12:27 PM

Liked: 10
Great info on here... thanks to this thread I am "patiently" waiting for my PC Richard deal coming this Thursday.

A few questions i have in buying the TV and getting her prepared for the beta HDR:

Will the TV try to perform OTA updates out of the box and should i let it? I downloaded the .1228 and .0926 to install 1st then 2nd per Will's instructions.

Also, do i understand correctly that after you install the beta HDR you can no longer receive OTA updates? Does the TV try automatically and how do you update to the final firmware once release from Hisense (USB)?

Thanks in advanced.
post #178 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Matney View Post
Great info on here... thanks to this thread I am "patiently" waiting for my PC Richard deal coming this Thursday.

A few questions i have in buying the TV and getting her prepared for the beta HDR:

Will the TV try to perform OTA updates out of the box and should i let it? I downloaded the .1228 and .0926 to install 1st then 2nd per Will's instructions.

Also, do i understand correctly that after you install the beta HDR you can no longer receive OTA updates? Does the TV try automatically and how do you update to the final firmware once release from Hisense (USB)?

Thanks in advanced.
I dont think .1228 ever released OTA (i had to request via mail) but i would check for updates out of the box. If it doesn't update then update to .1228 and .0926 manually. If you use beta you will loose the ability to update ota temporarily until you update with a final update via usb. Hisense mails them out via usb if you request or someone will post them. Once you do that OTA will perform normally. Honestly, USB updating seems to be faster than OTA. Hisense OTA updates suck. Also you can always reflash .1228 via usb since it is not a beta that would restore OTA updates.
Chris Matney likes this.

Last edited by willintheusa; 12-05-2016 at 01:26 PM.
post #179 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasupremicus View Post
Just wondering how much longer we have to wait to get the final HDR firmware? Any indication that we'll see it before Christmas? Have they only ever produced one beta firmware version for you?

I'm patiently waiting and trying to avoid applying beta firmware in hopes that it's any day now the final version comes out, but I may just have to take the plunge and do it, especially if I learn this will drag on into 2017.
although i am a beta tester i don't get any more information on final dates. honestly i don't think tier 2 support even gets the time frames. The R&D dept. just sends it when they send it. Many of on here have tested the beta and i don't think you will be disappointed. If you do, make sure you are updated to .1228 first then .0926 and follow the directions closely. I have been running multiple devices, Roku Ultra, Xbox one S, etc, for over two months now with no real issues.
post #180 of 1010 Old 12-05-2016, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 959
How much was this TV actually retailing for on Amazon or anywhere else when they had it in stock. Just curious what this TV was selling for before the PC Richards deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page