Samsung 60inch JS8000 - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #181 of 486 Old 11-25-2015, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by player002 View Post
This tv has quantum dots is has more colour than ur Quantron display get JS8000 calibrated you don't have it set up right.
I can't find any calibration configurations online but I will give it a go on my own tonight. I really hope your right, I hate returning things even if I'm exchanging and with holiday season its just not ideal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 486 Old 11-25-2015, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question Calibration

I would be very interested in your settings, if you have them available. The two that I found online are for the JS8500 which I think don't quite match up to this display.

I'm contemplating buying a DVD as well to do the calibration. Most of my viewing content is through streaming, blu-ray, and OTA as I don't have cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I've had my set since Friday afternoon, 11/20. I've watched live football, basketball and hockey. I haven't experienced any motion blur or image stuttering issues while watching any live programming. I'm not as knowledgeable or as critical about picture and video quality as many of those who participate on these forums, so I may not see what others see. However, I do see some video stuttering when I watch programs on my Comcast DVR. Has anyone else experienced this?

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the set. I did a basic calibration with my Digital Video Essentials (non-BD) disc the day my set was delivered. I don't have my settings with me, but I will post them later if anyone is interested.
post #183 of 486 Old 11-26-2015, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How does the JS8000 compare to the Visio M60? The M60 is $200 cheaper than the JS8000 on Best Buy. I don't game so I'm not worried about latency. Mostly watch sports and movies, so fast motion performance is a consideration. I know the JS8000 is edge lit vs the Visio full array, which I think lends to the Visio being better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 486 Old 11-26-2015, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by buening82 View Post
How does the JS8000 compare to the Visio M60? The M60 is $200 cheaper than the JS8000 on Best Buy. I don't game so I'm not worried about latency. Mostly watch sports and movies, so fast motion performance is a consideration. I know the JS8000 is edge lit vs the Visio full array, which I think lends to the Visio being better.
I contemplated buying the Vizio M 60" but settled on the JS8000. My Brother bought the Vizio and even after multiple calibrations from Cnet and Rtings it wasnt anything to wow over. When Xbox one was played on it, it looked good! But when you turned Time Warner cable on, the upscaling was far from acceptable in my eyes, pretty bad if you watch anything 720p or below.

I am more than happy with my JS8000, i use the Natural setting and just backed down the brightness and backlight and removed the motion flow. Watching anything it takes my breath away, TV, Netflix, Vudu, Espn, Hockey, Football, Xbox. It handles what ever i throw at it.

I was originally worried about samsung and their Panel lotto but this thing is GREAT!!
Woobieizer likes this.
post #185 of 486 Old 11-26-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialjesus View Post
I contemplated buying the Vizio M 60" but settled on the JS8000. My Brother bought the Vizio and even after multiple calibrations from Cnet and Rtings it wasnt anything to wow over. When Xbox one was played on it, it looked good! But when you turned Time Warner cable on, the upscaling was far from acceptable in my eyes, pretty bad if you watch anything 720p or below.

I am more than happy with my JS8000, i use the Natural setting and just backed down the brightness and backlight and removed the motion flow. Watching anything it takes my breath away, TV, Netflix, Vudu, Espn, Hockey, Football, Xbox. It handles what ever i throw at it.

I was originally worried about samsung and their Panel lotto but this thing is GREAT!!
Thanks for the info. I'll be using a Yamaha RX-A2050 for upscaling and processing, so hopefully that will eliminate any upscaling issues with the TV. I don't have a Magnolia nearby to compare the two, so was hoping to get feedback from those who have compared the two (just like you have, THANKS!!!). I also only watch HD stations from my Xfinity X1 platform. Walmart has the M60 for $1100, so its actually $300 difference. Anyone else care to provide input?
post #186 of 486 Old 11-27-2015, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
yes there is light bleed on all 4 corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholzma View Post
For those that picked it up. Any word on cloudiness or light bleeding from the edges?
took delivery 2 days ago and got a few hours of various Directv feeds. very noticeable light bleed on all four corners. highly doubt I will be returning it though.

coolest remote I've ever got!
post #187 of 486 Old 11-27-2015, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by buening82 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll be using a Yamaha RX-A2050 for upscaling and processing, so hopefully that will eliminate any upscaling issues with the TV. I don't have a Magnolia nearby to compare the two, so was hoping to get feedback from those who have compared the two (just like you have, THANKS!!!). I also only watch HD stations from my Xfinity X1 platform. Walmart has the M60 for $1100, so its actually $300 difference. Anyone else care to provide input?
In the same boat here.

65JS9000 - $3000
65JS8500 - $2000
60JS8000 - $1400
M65 - $1300
M60 - $1100

I was all aboard the JS8500 train a couple days ago, but the 8000 is actually very tempting. The $600 isn't much if you think about the 2-3 life span which a TV of this generation will be good for. I think new standards should be out very shortly. On the other hand, the feature set of the 8000 should be good for the same 2-3 year period.
post #188 of 486 Old 11-27-2015, 08:39 AM

BB movers coupon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmuv View Post
Here you go buddy
hi, are you 100 % sure you used the Movers Coupon for your 10% off? BB tried to scan and apply it for me and it did not go through, once again saying that certain products are price locked from discounts (I call BS)
post #189 of 486 Old 11-27-2015, 08:41 AM

60JS8000 settings

Quote:

can you please provide the details of the settings you are using?

TIA
post #190 of 486 Old 11-27-2015, 12:38 PM

thanks for the settings recommendations...

Quote:

its helped ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!

removed that motion sickening daytime soap effect.
post #191 of 486 Old 11-28-2015, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcn View Post
I'd like to know what your settings are if you want to post them. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamgol View Post
I would be very interested in your settings, if you have them available. The two that I found online are for the JS8500 which I think don't quite match up to this display.

I'm contemplating buying a DVD as well to do the calibration. Most of my viewing content is through streaming, blu-ray, and OTA as I don't have cable.
I have only done a basic calibration on the Standard picture mode. My current settings are as follows:
Backlight: 12
Contrast: 87
Brightness: 42
Sharpness: 0
Color: 48
Tint (G/R): G50/R50
post #192 of 486 Old 11-28-2015, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I to have a dilemma. As of now i have the js8500, hung and active, its worlds better than any ips panel (LG). If youre going to get a LG, get an OLED. Unfortunately i dont have $3000-$5000 to spend on a TV. Although it has the best colors and blacks, it suffers from burn-in (leaving images on screen from bright scenes to dark and vice versa) and input lag 50ms or more. Input lag should be in the 30's or lower. its important for gamers and sports fans or anything moving fast on the screen. BUT IF I could afford it, I would definitely get one.

So, like i said i have the 55" js8500 and absolutely love it. As it does have a true samsung panel TH01 (true Samsung Panel), im willing to downgrade to the MD01 (Sharp Panel) 60" js8000 and heres why. Its not the same panel BUT has all the same features as the js8500 minus the 3D and the one connect mini box. Obviously its bigger as well.

Its still a VA panel, not quite as good as the js8500...? Im not so sure. Ive seen the complete black/grey transitions on both TVs and they both look the same to me. I just viewed the 60" js8000 in store today and told the rep to change the channels/sources etc (by the way he was a sony rep and was trying to get me to buy a sony, lol) His personal opinion was for me to keep the js8500. I could care less for the 3D option, its not that great. The js8000 is bigger (I know bigger isnt always better, but for the price youre not gonna find a better deal, remember the js8000 has 120hz native refresh, i'll get to that in a minute. The biggest part of this IS the samsung panel TH01 as well as other true samsung panels, has that stupid one connect box mini. If it breaks OUT of warranty, it cost $100 to replace. Thats a little steep if you ask me. And a replacement cable (6'7") is $40. (check it out at samsungparts.com) type in "one connect mini" it will show several different models, but theyre all about $100 with shipping. And lets just say its been 2 years after the fact and it breaks, will it cost $400 then like the upgraded one for the F9000 2013 model? Will they have an upgraded version? Which I read on some review they will upgrade one connect boxes, just not the minis, seriously wtf? Im really leaning towards the js8000 to stay away from this stupid box.

So here's my options, mind you most, if not all 55" tvs do NOT have 120hz refresh rate (unless 3D) which i already have one hanging on my wall (with a stupid connect mini box)
LG 60UF7300 120hz but its an IPS panel which = light bleed/clouds on black scenes. Trust me, you dont want an IPS panel. $899 BF sale price.
LG 60UF7700 120hz / IPS panel $1399 BF sale price
Samsung UN60JS7000FXZA 60hz $1299 BF sale price
Samsung UN60JU6500FXZA 60hz $1199 BF sale price

Samsung UN60JS8000FXZA 120hz $1399 BF sale price (unfortunately i have no info on input lag except one source from nvidia geforce forum stating they tested it with "Leo Bodnar" test, on the 55" js8000 with a result of 22ms in game mode) Im not sure what kind of panel the 55" js8000 has. And there is a 55" version but if you google it, nothing will come up. http www dot flatpanelshd dot com/article.php?subaction=showfull&id=1428310162 just scroll down, they say they only sell it in Europe. Im assuming the 55" panel IS a samsung.

Ive heard too many complaints about Sonys tvs just dying, not to mention light bleed as well. Plus they dont make a 60". which is the biggest i can fit in my room. So if i were to get a 55", I might as well keep the js8500.

Ive heard horror stories about Vizio and Sharp so no go there and yes I know I stated the MD01 is MADE by Sharp, but it's controlled by Samsung hardware and software. Plus Samsung and Sony both own part of Sharp anyways.

Im really frustrated at the moment, had they had this TV last week, i totally would have bought it. So its either I bring the js8500 back today or tomorrow to get the credit towards the js8000 while its still on sale and wait until Dec. 3rd (website says Dec. 3rd for my area) (rep said it was already suppose to be at my store location, but should be there by this Friday) to get it or just stick with the js8500. I do have until Jan. 15th to return it. I may just wait to see what the sales are going to be like for the during/after Christmas sale. I'll probably bring it back tomorrow for the js8000, i really dont want this box, just one more fail point in the system.

Im not discrediting the 55" js8500 in any other way EXCEPT the box, its a really great TV with a great panel for a great Black Friday price $1499 which = $1605 including tax. So if your size requirements cant surpass 55" I highly recommend this TV and you dont mind the box possibly breaking and have to pay $$$ to replace it. Heck I dont know, maybe it will never break, maybe the reviews I read on the box breaking after just 3 weeks - 3 months are just flukes, maybe they just got a bad batch?

Oh right, on the topic, get the 60" js8000, its kind of a no brainer, both the 6500 and 7000 are only 60hz. Remember, Samsung doesnt make 60" panels and you can correct me if Im wrong on that, I do believe true samsung panels come with that stupid one connect box, so if it doesnt have the box, its not a Samsung panel. They have panel codes on the box and back of the TV as well that you can look up to see if Samsung makes it or not. Sorry about calling the box stupid, but i really think its a design flaw, as stated above, one more fail point. Im not sure this is in the right thread, i started this 3 days ago and just now getting around to posting it. Im probably repeating some info on here, the only FALD or HDR samsung has is the js9500. Both js8000 and 8500 have been stated as limited HDR. I personally didnt see anything special with HDR, I downloaded a fox special HDR demo (fire place) and ran it via the USB 3.0. I suggest anyone wanting to watch 4k to pick up one or two, theres PNY's for sale on amazon/newegg 128gb for $25. Anyways, there is some 4k content downloadable, its not movies or tv shows, just pretty much store demos from the manufacturer. I believe there is ONE movie in 4k that is downloadable, BUT its 160gb. Plus it has no point or plot or characters, just some guy videoing different landscapes. the demos are like 1gb a piece and more or less 2 minutes long. If anything other than just cool to look at and admire what the tv is capable of, you could possibly use it as a tool to dial in any calibrations and or watch for "flashlighting" "clouding" in darker scenes. I think mine is as close to OLED as a non OLED panel is going to get. I did notice very faintly in the lower left corner some flashlighting but compared to the LG IPS panel, its worlds away from that. Its only during when the tv itself transitions from like HDMI1 to USB and its only for like a half second and you really have to look for it to see it and the only reason i see it is because im looking for it.

As of now, Im keeping the js8500, even with 5" less screen and the OCM box, i cant justify the $100 difference between these two tvs and even though i really wanted 60", its really pushing the space limit. Like I had to cover 2 light switches, which really didnt matter because one controls the ceiling fan which has a remote and the other one controls a socket which also has a switch, so they both stay on. Although now the amoire is so close to the door it almost feels like a miniature hallway into my bedroom. Besides, and unless the best buy website is wrong, you can only have the js8000 delivered, no store pick up in my area, Tampa Fl. I did notice when my wife and I went back, they were playing the same content on the js8000 and js9000 (78"). Now it could be because of the Sharp (MD01) panel or it could have been that the js8000 wasnt calibrated, but the 9000 was slightly noticeably more vibrant in color, they were both about the same brightness, id say the 9000 was a hair brighter, but thats not what i noticed, i noticed the color difference. Now it wasnt super duper different, but I could tell the 8000 was slightly duller in color. Maybe it just needed to be calibrated? Maybe it was? I dont know, I would assume someone would calibrate it to show it off, to sell it. Maybe they dont, i really dont know. And from what ive read, the 8500 has a 600nit luminescence while i think the 9500 has 1000nit. So im not sure what the 8000 has? And as far as that goes, i dont know what the input lag is either and its hard to use "rtings dot com" tests because i dont think theyre testing each size? Being the difference of a samsung panel and a sharp panel... As of 11/28/2015, 288 reviews on BBs site and only 7 duds from the 8500. Not enough reviews on the 8000, but so far nothing super bad. Several people did bring it back and went ahead and got the 55" 8500 for $100 more, soooo i dont know if i would have done the same?

The bottom line is IF they had the 8000 when i went there, (and they will never have it at the store in my area supposedly) I would have bought it without any information and just on physical aspects like, no box, size and 120hz native. BUT it is entirely possible they would have tried to upsell me the 8500 for only $100 more? Im happy with my 8500 and I hope everything worked out for everyone else on here as well. What Im really happy about is I have until Jan 15th to play around with this thing because I have been having some minor hiccups with it. Like it set the backlight back to 20 by itself when changing from USB back to HDMI1, but all other settings where what i put them at...? Curious. As well as i started netflix and it kinda stuttered after starting the show and then shut off and went back to cable. I started it again and its fine. I left the USB stick in it overnight and when i turned it on today, it didnt have it in the source options, i physically had to remove it and plug it back in. It also flipped out after I had watched some DL 4k on the USB and went back to cable, my wife came home and i wanted to show her the 4k, so i went back to USB and it stuttered real bad at the start of one of the demos and then shut down to go back to cable. I tried again and it worked fine. So Im assuming/hoping these are software related issues.

Off topic/same category question: Ive read you can gently massage the panel with a dry cloth in areas that are affected by light bleed/clouding and that it can sometimes remedy the problem...? Is this ill advised? I dont want to mess up my screen.
post #193 of 486 Old 11-28-2015, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked: 1180
i have no idea why you had to write that "essay" without even reading this exact thread. but if you do, you'll quickly realize how 8500 trumps 8000 in every way possible.
flyboy2160 likes this.
post #194 of 486 Old 11-28-2015, 06:35 PM

what a warm welcome
wdrazek, Demoth, jaamz777 and 2 others like this.
post #195 of 486 Old 11-28-2015, 10:56 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikasamashi View Post
I to have a dilemma... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Boy... that was quite the read...

Soooo...

Are you trying to say that you DON'T like the "OneConnect Mini" box ?????

jstang12 likes this.

Last edited by King Richard; 11-28-2015 at 11:00 PM.
post #196 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Boy... that was quite the read...

Soooo...

Are you trying to say that you DON'T like the "OneConnect Mini" box ?????
(^ I like this response)

lol , sorry about such a long post, and yeah, its just ive read some pretty bad reviews about the box along with its functionality, what it can and cant do, more importantly what it will and wont be able to do in the future. As far as the box is concerned, I dont see Samsung upgrading it (mini anyways) and have read they wont, but I suppose in 2 - 3 years, I'll probably be getting another TV?
post #197 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
(^ I like this response)

lol , sorry about such a long post, and yeah, its just ive read some pretty bad reviews about the box along with its functionality, what it can and cant do, more importantly what it will and wont be able to do in the future. As far as the box is concerned, I dont see Samsung upgrading it (mini anyways) and have read they wont, but I suppose in 2 - 3 years, I'll probably be getting another TV?
there's nothing wrong with the box nor will it break in 2 weeks. you have one of the best and future proof TVs on the market right now, just enjoy it.
post #198 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
there's nothing wrong with the box nor will it break in 2 weeks. you have one of the best and future proof TVs on the market right now, just enjoy it.
Ive read quite a few reviews on different sites stating their box came broken or broke within a few weeks/months. Their concerns were Samsung will ship a replacement 2 weeks from their inquiry. Otherwise it cost $100 from samsungparts dot com. Although I havent had any problems with the box as of yet, I am however having problems with the TVs Wifi (it has dropped netflix twice already).

I researched many TVs AFTER buying and returning several and even though the js8500 was a bit out of my price range, even the 8000 is/was as well, I got a samsung and paid the difference because of the research AND the reviews. The number 1 complaint on Samsung is the One Connect Mini box being faulty.

I am enjoying it, thank you.
post #199 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ive read quite a few reviews on different sites stating their box came broken or broke within a few weeks/months.
we have 8500 thread with hundreds upon hundreds of pages since the first day this model was released with maybe one complain about the box if any. there are literally hundreds of thousands of these TVs being sold as we speak. i think you'll be fine.
post #200 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 08:36 AM

Again Id like to apologize for such a long initial post. I did a lot of research and my wife wasnt hearing it (she said she didnt see anything wrong with the LG 7300 IPS panel, sooo yeah), so I thought Id share it here. I just had to get all that info out of my head and thought it could be useful to others. Kodos to those who did read it, lol.
post #201 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
we have 8500 thread with hundreds upon hundreds of pages since the first day this model was released with maybe one complain about the box if any. there are literally hundreds of thousands of these TVs being sold as we speak. i think you'll be fine.
Ok thank you, have a nice day
post #202 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 09:19 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

as was told me by the knowledgeable BB guy, the Vizio is great for gaming but not for anything else...i contemplated getting the Vizio as my starter 4k but this Samsung specs were far better. and much better for everything else overall compared with Vizio (except maybe gaming)
post #203 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric135i View Post
hi, are you 100 % sure you used the Movers Coupon for your 10% off? BB tried to scan and apply it for me and it did not go through, once again saying that certain products are price locked from discounts (I call BS)
absolutely positive...i handed him the movers 10%...get a manager
post #204 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Please post calibration configurations if you find them. I have been tinkering with JS8000 all afternoon.
post #205 of 486 Old 11-29-2015, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyders View Post
Please post calibration configurations if you find them. I have been tinkering with JS8000 all afternoon.
Ditto. I copied someone's settings in an earlier post. That person said the setting were good for video games. But I watched a lot of football today and thought it looked terrible. I would really like to get some other suggestions for settings before I decide whether or not to keep this TV.
post #206 of 486 Old 11-30-2015, 03:15 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyders View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsimp View Post
Ditto. I copied someone's settings in an earlier post. That person said the setting were good for video games. But I watched a lot of football today and thought it looked terrible. I would really like to get some other suggestions for settings before I decide whether or not to keep this TV.

I don't have a JS8000 TV (I have the JS9000)

But if you are interested in my recommended settings for the JS9000...

... click on "Picture Settings" in my signature below.

(The general/basic settings for the JS8000 should be similar.

Richard
hgroove4 likes this.
post #207 of 486 Old 11-30-2015, 06:18 AM

BB movers for 60JS8000

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmuv View Post
absolutely positive...i handed him the movers 10%...get a manager
BestBuy is providing horrible customer service in regards to their MoversCoupon. i tried 2 different coupons and had them pull up a different TV on their system just to see if the coupon would work. it didn't. i went back again and the manager just looked at the screen where the coupon was scanned and the discount showed "0.00" and just said sorry nothing i can do. i even showed the mgr the screen shot when a member here go the discount. I went back a 3rd time and tried the coupon on a Yamaha RXA550 receiver and it didn't work either. The sales person typed in something into there system ( some sort of override) and gave me 10%. i will need to go back a 4th time and speak to a different manager tomorrow.
post #208 of 486 Old 11-30-2015, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
So over the holiday weekend I watched a lot of....well everything. I came to realize I can only watch 4K via Netflix on the TV and even then there are limited shows and movies that play in 4K. None of what I wanted to watch except Daredevil. Since I still can't find calibration settings I went ahead and took the advice of one of the previous posters and used settings for the JS7000 or JS8500 (sorry I can't remember which I stuck with though I think its the former) on rtings. Though the calibration helped a bit it obviously needs some further tweeking. Picture looks a little washed out to me n I'm not getting those dark blacks I want. It still looks really good but I agree with the other poster in saying that if this is your first step into HD then its great but its not mine so its not that impressive. Finally, after watching a ep or 2 of Daredevil in 4K I still couldn't really "see" a improvement in pic quality over 1080P, so I went through netflix settings to insure I was streaming in 4K (couldn't confirm this). While I was there I stumbled onto a screen that stated the TV/panel Model # and to my surprise it was UN60JS6700. I checked the net for this model # and it seems to not exist. There is a UN60JU6700 but its curved. My theory here is this TV is the same but SUHD (JS) not UHD (JU) and 120hz native not 60hz. Anyway I'm not cool with that, I will be looking to exchange for JS5800. If I still can I will let you guys know the result. Not trying smash on the JS8000 but I'm picky and very frustrated I can't get straight and clear answers about this TV. Also if anyone knows about this Netflix model # showing saying its not UN60JS8000 please let me know. Maybe its just some issue with Netflix compatibility or something idk.
post #209 of 486 Old 11-30-2015, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered one from Best Buy and the TV was delivered on Saturday. The remote control did not work except to power the TV on and off. I was going to contact Samsung but I found in the manual a way to sync the remote. If you have issues with the remote, turn on the TV, then hold down both the "Return/Exit" and "Extra" buttons at the same time for at least 3 seconds. The TV showed an animation of the remote sync'ing and the smart hub opened.

I have been tweaking the settings a lot but finally settled on these (might need some more tweaking though):

Movie
Backlight - 5
Contrast - 96
Brightness - 41
Sharpness - 10
Color - 50
Tint G50/R50

Advanced
Dynamic Contrast - Low
Black Tone - Dark
Flesh Tone - 0
RGB Only Mode - Off
Color Space - Auto
White Balance - Default
Gamma - 0

Picture Options
Color Tone - Warm2
Digital Clean View - Off
MPEG Noise Filter - Off
Film Mode - Off
Auto Motion Plus - Off

I do find myself changing the Backlight setting depending on how bright the room is but I normally have it dim for TV watching and gaming.
post #210 of 486 Old 11-30-2015, 03:23 PM

Has anyone compared this JS8000 to the JU7100? Curious how the two compare (and which is better).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , JS8000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page