**OFFICIAL** 2015 SONY XBR55X810C & XBR65X810C 4K with Android TV Owners Thread - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes

post #211 of 380 Old 08-17-2016, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have the xbr65x810c and while watching satellite and over the air broadcasting I keep my picture setting set to standard and honestly everything looks perfect or beyond. I have a xbox one and use the game picture setting for it. I also have a str-dn1070 audio receiver (made by sony) I have it plugged into the hdmi 4 arc port and I also have a spdif cable plugged in too but I think all my audio is going through the hdmi sense I have hdmi control turned on. I notice my top left and bottom right corners seem to glow brighter. I use this tv in a dark room also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 380 Old 08-29-2016, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod jr View Post
Has anyone found any better settings than those suggested by rtings. Their settings seem very dull.
I have been playing with mine and have a custom setup. I like it a lot and definitely notice if I switch to an input and it has a different setup. Here is what I am currently using:

Auto Picture Mode - Off
Brightness - 45
Color - 73
Light Sensor - off
Advanced Settings:
Brightness - 45
Contrast - 95
Gamma - -1
Black Level - 50
Black adjust - off
Adv. contrast enhancer - off
Color:
Color - 73
Hue - 0
Color Temperature - neutral
Adv. color temperature - not adjusted
Live color - Low
Clarity:
Sharpness - 60
Reality Creation - Manual
Resolution - 65
random Noise Reduction - Auto
Digital Noise Reduction - Auto
Motion:
Motionflow - off
Cinemotion - Low

This is what I use for everything and it looks great to me.
post #213 of 380 Old 08-31-2016, 10:58 AM

i've noticed that with my xbr65-x810c i get the best black level output by just leaving it set to standard and I have game set to my xbox one input but just saying I did give up on trying to customize my picture setting because really I was just trying to see if I would or could get a better black level and it didn't seem that way at all when I compared my custom setting to the standard setting. I feel that I jumped the gun too soon on this tv though because the xbr65x850D is like $1799 now and just because of that I'm feeling embarrassed for even buying this tv and paying the price that I did for it though. I really feel that my best experience with this tv will only come from having a couch in front of it and having two nice lamps that sit beside the couch on a small coffee table that way when both lamps are on they could even be lamps that can dim but with both of them on that should easily be enough light that all black on this tv would show up perfect. At any point and time I can jump up and flip my bedroom lights on if I ever feel like the tv is not showing black well and then with having the lights on the black becomes perfect looking without backlight bleed or whatever or however it's called. At 65" I figured also that it wouldn't be a bad thing to watch this tv while having some nice room lightning going on either from good nice lamps or the room lights of their own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 380 Old 08-31-2016, 03:38 PM

I'm trying Buckster99's settings now. I think this is a very nice set for the money and have no complaints except for the shallow viewing angle. I do have the 55'' VA panel.
post #215 of 380 Old 08-31-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I'm trying Buckster99's settings now. I think this is a very nice set for the money and have no complaints except for the shallow viewing angle. I do have the 55'' VA panel.
I came up with these settings, from going over what I liked in the vivid, game and sports mode. I have played around a little, but this is what I like so far. I have the 55" and think it was a great buy. Live sports is where this tv shines, and that is what I wanted. It no doubt has it's issues, but for the price of a 4K tv, I am quite happy with mine.
post #216 of 380 Old 09-01-2016, 10:07 AM

Hey I tried posting a imgur link to show what my xbr65x810c looks like when a black screen is up and while the room is dark but I need to make 2 more posts so I can post a link like that. Will anyone please check out the pic though then I'm able to post it and let me know if they think the tv is ok?
post #217 of 380 Old 09-01-2016, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtpf View Post
Hey I tried posting a imgur link to show what my xbr65x810c looks like when a black screen is up and while the room is dark but I need to make 2 more posts so I can post a link like that. Will anyone please check out the pic though then I'm able to post it and let me know if they think the tv is ok?
The 65 that you have is an IPS panel which is simply going to look worse in the dark room environment compared to the 55" VA panels. You need to just figure out whether the quality is something you can live with, not what people on the internet tell you.
post #218 of 380 Old 09-01-2016, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
I haven't popped into this thread for a while, so I just want to reiterate for people still buying the 55" x810c. IGNORE THE RTINGS SETTINGS.

Since my TV is in a well-lit room, I personally have my tv at max brightness but with the light sensor on for night time (so I don't burn my eyes). The TV doesn't get super duper bright, so this is kind of necessary if you watch during the day with windows.

I settled on the "Standard" picture setting, but I changed black level to 47, black adjust to low and adv. contrast to low. I bumped color slightly up between 55-60. I also kept color temp on normal/standard, and I don't use live color because it tends to over saturate things (it gets kind of annoying in sports because of the bright colors used on uniforms and the field/court).
post #219 of 380 Old 09-01-2016, 12:35 PM

I'm aware of the IPS thing, I didn't do my research well enough before I purchased this tv and I had the assumption that I would get perfect black even in a dark room no matter what tv I would buy and I come to find out that these tv's are still lcd's that use ips , or vn panels. I had this assumption kinda thinking LED's tv was different. I got this tv in june and I'm still catching on to things such as that. If I would had been more aware that nothing was really new with these tv's I guess I would had avoided any IPS panel tv. I didn't really get a good look at this tv and what it could do only till after the 15 days was up that I had of which I could had returned this tv back to BB.
post #220 of 380 Old 09-21-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I was curious how you made out with the settings. One thing I have noticed, is movies or tv shows that have a grainy look, like 300. They are VERY grainy on this tv. I am going to start looking at how to adjust for this.
post #221 of 380 Old 09-22-2016, 06:49 AM

I am still using your settings, much better than before. I agree with you about the source making all the difference. Not sure if there is a way to eliminate the grain, let me know if you come up with anything better.
post #222 of 380 Old 09-22-2016, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 59
My only disappointment with this TV is the lack of HDR. Last year, I listened to a lot of different sources, reviewers, AV magazines, etc. say that HDR wasn't going to be a big deal outside of 4K Blu Rays, and even then, it would be sparse for a few years. My primary use was as a gaming TV, and it seemed to hit all of the marks for that rather well, as well as having a great picture quality in terms of contrast, black levels, etc. I figured I would be more than happy with this TV for at least 3-5 years. Sony was even choosing to demo this TV in Best Buy stores with a PS4 running a game demo.

Fast forward not even 10 months later, and HDR is now a big deal for the arrival of the PS4 Pro, and it's already on the Xbox One S, with additional capability with the new Xbox coming next year. Not going to lie, I've often thought about trying to sell this TV just for that reason, and picking up a Vizio-P series this year if I can make a decent amount off of the sale.
post #223 of 380 Old 09-22-2016, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I am still using your settings, much better than before. I agree with you about the source making all the difference. Not sure if there is a way to eliminate the grain, let me know if you come up with anything better.
Just purchased my 65 in Sony X810C

I almost returned it to Best Buy after hours of trying to calibrate the TV correctly.

I tried using the settings from rtings but found the colors to dull and the darks were way to dark, couldn't see some of the picture ..

I used buckster99, which ty btw, settings except for what I did below..

Turn sharpness down to 54, anything higher and it causes the grain look...

Also, Reality creation @ 25 was perfect for me.

I had a hell of a time with shutter lag during VUDU HDX today and was about to give up. Then I reset my XBOX one, the TV and came back..

Now with the random and digital noise to AUTO.

And motionflow to OFF and Cinemotion to low, Its crystal clear and I am super happy with my purchase.

Feel free to leave any other settings anyone else has had success with.
post #224 of 380 Old 09-25-2016, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello fellow Sony X810c users, I feel the urge to post (or rant) here to ask a few question (just to vent) if anyone around here knows the fix regarding some issues I'm experiencing on my Sony TV 65x810C that I have owned for 8 months now, which is currently giving me nightmares and making me frustrated. Here are a few issues I'm getting.
  • 1. I have a 2TB WD Passport Ultra connected to my TV which has movies (10GB/movies). But 20mins into the movie the TV crashes saying there's a problem with hardware acceleration and after that it goes to the movie again but very very very laggy. I'm using VLC app to play the moves on my HDD. Before I was considering buying a Sony blu-ray player to connect my 2TB HDD thinking it might solve the issues I have, but that won't happen now since I got too much issues with Sony, and would probably buy a Samsung or an Xbox-One-S. As of right now I'm trying to change the format of my HDD from NTFS to exFAT and see if this issues still persists.
  • 2. I can't think any reason why SONY TV wouldn't work with a SONY BLUETOOTH headset?
  • 3. I just wanted to browse the manual on their website but I can't! it seems like the manual site is down!
  • 4. Why every time I open the program guide, it interferes with what I'm watching with my TV. Like it needs to think to open the program guide then go back on the TV input? But when I press the home button it doesn't interfere? the TV input just keeps on playing and the Home Screen just overlayed above it.
  • 5. (not related to the TV) I've used the PS4 controller to control my TV, but you need to take care of the controller when you putting it down: Like in my case the bottom triggers of the controller activates when I rest it on the pillow, this triggers controls the volume of the TV so whenever I need to run to the kitchen or bathroom or wherever then I put down the controller just like a regular remote it will make my TV VOLUME goes UP/DOWN unknowingly. When you are watching netflix/movies and when you place the controller downward (with the joystick down) it may skip the movie (due to the joystick controlling the movie fast forward etc.)
  • 5. Remote is very old and lightweight/cheap feeling! it's the almost the same remote that our old Sony TV 15 years ago have.
  • 6. Twin Picture? Can I watch two TV channels on my TV screen? two football games side by side?

There are a couple of things with this TV that bugs me but brushed it aside since I don't want to put more negative energy here (flaslighting on the corners: which I only mind when watching dark scenes during the night. or the latest firmware upgrade fixed it - remote controller issues.

Sorry if some of the words/sentences is kind of worded/constructed poorly, can't think straight with the frustrations I have with my $1,200 worth of TV. I'm a frugal person so shelling out $1,200 for this Sony TV is kind of out of the box for me thinking that this TV will do the small little things that makes me happy. But damn, I should have bought a 65" Vizio with almost comparable picture quality but have the things I needed with just less than a thousand dollars.

So please, if anyone has the answer on this issues I'm having specially making my 2TB HDD playback movies without any issues at all or suggesting to what blu-ray player to get please let me know!

P.S. just to give a positive side on the TV, the TV Picture Quality is very beautiful watching On-Air TV channels and NFL/sports! Let me also know if you have a few questions about this TV that I can answer.

Thanks!
post #225 of 380 Old 10-25-2016, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
810c software update

Anyone know what todays software update is all about?

edit: I chated with sony. PKG3.531.0108NAB update is just about improved functionality and smoothnes of the os.

He also told me that hdr will never come to this model through hdmi as the hardware doesn't support it.

Last edited by victorfrost; 10-25-2016 at 02:36 PM. Reason: I answered my own question
post #226 of 380 Old 10-26-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfrost View Post
Anyone know what todays software update is all about?

edit: I chated with sony. PKG3.531.0108NAB update is just about improved functionality and smoothnes of the os.

He also told me that hdr will never come to this model through hdmi as the hardware doesn't support it.
According to the Sony support site

Release Date 10/25/2016
Version PKG3.531.0108NAB
File Size 1.22 GB

File Description

Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version PKG3.531.0108NAB) provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version PKG3.473.0107NAB:
Improves the general performance of the television
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG3.531.0108NAB:
Adds support for 4K Live/NeuLion® Sports digital video technology
Improves general software quality of the TV
Improves RVU support
Adds Twin Picture (PAP function) support
Resolves a condition where a black picture may occur after performing a remote Off/On (KDL-75W850C)
Supports PlayMemories Online service
Supports PlayStation™ Now service
Improves Wi-Fi connectivity of the TV
Improves picture quality (dynamic range, noise reduction, sharpness)
Supports Netflix® streaming service (4K Models)
Improves Lip Sync for HDMI input
Improves performance and stability of the USB video playback features
Resolves a condition where a black screen and no sound may occur when an input changes from YouTube® to another input
Resolves a condition where a black screen may occur during USB video playback
Supports Internet based EPG (Electronic program guide)
Supports Netflix streaming service (2K Models)
Supports Amazon®, Pandora®, and Crackle™ applications
Supports Force Reboot by holding down the Power key on the BT or IR remote controller
Improves performance and stability of overall UI operation
Improves performance and stability of the Action Menu
post #227 of 380 Old 10-26-2016, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm loving this new update. The interface moves much much more quickly now. Sad that it took sony this long to figure it out though.
post #228 of 380 Old 10-29-2016, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I just bought a XBR65X810C and so far it is more than ok I guess, but the picture doesn't really pop if you know what I mean. Not very bright and vivid, even on vivid setting. I can buy a 65" 850D next week on sale for $300 more than what I paid for the 810C. I am looking for any input from anyone who has experience with both sets. Will the picture on the 850 be far superior or only marginally better? Other than the lack of brightness, the picture is very detailed, and not experiencing any light bleeding or anything like that. I also haven't really done any tweaking yet either. I don't want to return a good tv with no bleeding and take a chance on another unless I am going to get a much better picture. I have NO TV provider. My viewing is ALL streaming and bluray if that matters. Thanks for any input you can provide.
post #229 of 380 Old 10-30-2016, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
edit again:

As of 11/1/16 Sony claims they will release a new firmware that will allow the 810c to run in HDR mode via HDMI.

Hope so!

Last edited by christoscamaro; 11-01-2016 at 05:32 PM.
post #230 of 380 Old 11-08-2016, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hey AVS forum! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I got this TV about 4 months ago and I for the most part love it! Are any of the HDMI ports better for the PS4 Pro?
post #231 of 380 Old 11-14-2016, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Anyone using the Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player with the 65" 810C?
Might pick one up but want to see if anyone has tried it yet and having any problems with the two. Thanks.
post #232 of 380 Old 11-16-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jershy88 View Post
Hey AVS forum! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I got this TV about 4 months ago and I for the most part love it! Are any of the HDMI ports better for the PS4 Pro?
I have mine going through my receiver into HDMI 4. Everything's been great there and HDCP 2.2 handshakes fine. If there's another port I should use I'd love to know.
post #233 of 380 Old 11-27-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jershy88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlobus View Post
I have mine going through my receiver into HDMI 4. Everything's been great there and HDCP 2.2 handshakes fine. If there's another port I should use I'd love to know.
Doesn't matter which HDMI port you use but make sure you enable HDMI Enhance in settings for the port your using for [email protected]
post #234 of 380 Old 12-06-2016, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I got a new update...and its Android 6!!

Security Patch: October 1, 2016
Version: 6.0.1
snorge likes this.
post #235 of 380 Old 12-09-2016, 08:27 PM

Question

I just set my 850D today. I have not configured all of it though. I am happy to read and see your progress on the Synology NAS. This is exactly the setup I have too. I actually just upgraded my older NAS but I have not installed it yet. It took me some time to figure out how the TV connects to the media on the NAS. I have mostly MP4 and MKV. Some AVI. I am looking forward to stream the MKV/MP4 files directly from the NAS to the TV. I used to use a media server to do that job.

Literally my five minutes of investigation I just noticed that it was not reading media off my NAS and I was getting a message that said no readable media. I am trying to access the NAS again but it keeps kicking me out of the interface from the Android Video App. Are there things I need to know to configure the TV to the NAS properly?
post #236 of 380 Old 12-09-2016, 08:32 PM

Question BBS App Install

Is there anyway to get the BBC iPlayer app installed? I like the content they stream and specifically Planet Earth 2 that is broadcasting right now. The Google Play store does not allow any installed. I am sure its probably because of the region restriction or something.
post #237 of 380 Old 12-10-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnaH View Post
Is there anyway to get the BBC iPlayer app installed? I like the content they stream and specifically Planet Earth 2 that is broadcasting right now. The Google Play store does not allow any installed. I am sure its probably because of the region restriction or something.
Check uktvapps.com - everything you need to know I think
post #238 of 380 Old 12-15-2016, 09:37 PM
lkb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman187 View Post
AV Challenged, that reminds me I forgot to talk about sound quality in my post! It's actually pretty poor compared to the old LG we had in the living room. Rtings gave it a score of 5.9 and I'd have to agree with it.

Currently I use the TOSLINK out from the TV to my old Denon receiver (AVR-884) and 2.1 JLB speakers. Unfortunately, from what I've seen at least, the TV doesn't allow both the built in speakers and the external ones at the same time; it's one or the other. So now I just to run the external speaker system full time which isn't ideal but it sounds good at least! Ideally I would've liked to have both on at the same time and just mute the TV speakers when I didn't need them. That would have made it less complex for family. But hey, I'll take any excuse to keep the big speakers on

One big pro for me was that the TV can passthrough Dolby Digital and DTS via TOSLINK so I can get digital audio from streaming apps like Netfix and Kodi. I didn't have luck with passthrough via HBOGo or Amazon Prime video but I believe that's because they encode with DD+ which my receiver doesn't support.
Hey, so, I got this XBR-65X810C right around Super Bowl time last year, and I hooked it all up to my Denon AVR-687 and it worked great. About a month ago, something happened and I can no longer get it to work. The AVR is working fine when I hook the optical cable to my PS4, but I get nothing from the TV. Have you experience anything like that?
post #239 of 380 Old 12-17-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb View Post
Hey, so, I got this XBR-65X810C right around Super Bowl time last year, and I hooked it all up to my Denon AVR-687 and it worked great. About a month ago, something happened and I can no longer get it to work. The AVR is working fine when I hook the optical cable to my PS4, but I get nothing from the TV. Have you experience anything like that?
Hey lkb, I've had intermittent issues where the TV will stop outputting via optical. This usually happens if I'm switching from an app (Netflix, HBO Go, Amazon Video) back to the cable box. It's relatively rare and is usually sorted out by either restarting the TV and receiver or by switching the built in speakers on and then off again.

I would say this has happened about 2-3 times in the year we've owned the TV. If the above doesn't fix your issue I'd say you could contact Sony as your set may be bad. You should still be under warranty!
post #240 of 380 Old 12-17-2016, 12:32 PM

Has anyone seen issues with Amazon Video and 4K content on the latest Android version (6.0)? After the update, I can't seem to get videos to play in 4K anymore. I'm pretty sure prior to the update that 4K was working for shows like Grand Tour, but now it will only display at 1080p.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
android tv , Sony , XBR55X810C , xbr65x810c

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page