How to Lock Samsung Apps? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-28-2016, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How to Lock Samsung Apps?

Brought home a UN65JU6700FXZA and love the TV but a recent problem is developing with late night youtube videos. How smart can this smarthub get and how much control do we have over it? The TV is not wired, just wireless through the router on the 5 ghz radio.
As a last resort I would like to set a passcode to lock the youtube app but preferably it would be ideal to set a passcode to block any changes to the TVs internet settings too.
The kid is watching youtube videos late into the night with the new TV. I can set up a radio schedule on the router to shut it down at a certain hour. We shut the 2.4ghz channel down at 10pm so he will not stay up all night on his PS4. Now when the pS4 shuts down he comes down and watches Ytube videos until the 5ghz channel shuts off a couple hours later. So I set the 5ghz channel to shut off an hour before the 2.4 so we aren't kept awake. Now he's figured out how to switch the TV to use the 2.4 channel to get another hour of Ytube.

Is there a way to block the Ytube app with a passcode and also the internet settings? I told him repeatedly that his iPod is the YouTube player, a $1500 TV is not his personal YouTube player. Locking the ytube app permanently would work too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-29-2016, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 130
block the TV by the ip or mac address.

Paradigm PW AMP, KEF Q100, Emotiva B1, Rythmik L12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement