Vizio 2016 P-Series UHD/HDR TVs no price talk please - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2448Likes

post #481 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy3501 View Post
They should have put an IR blaster on the tablet so it could work other items as a universal remote. Kinda dumb that they didn't.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Build a HTPC and control all from WMC and Windows IR Remote.( P.S. you still have to turn the TV on)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekle View Post
yeah I would love a 70 but I can understand them dropping it to stick with the more standard sizes. I would love a 75 but I don't see paying double for 10 more inches.
A 70" P would cost like 2750 to 3 grand. Would not mind seeing that size TV set though.
post #483 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 1066
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg823 View Post
ROFL. Is this dude for real? What are you on? Or maybe not on?

What are you blabbering on about changing your setup? You're whining about the stand being wide because of your setup - I'm telling you that you don't have to change your setup because you can add a third party narrow stand that doesn't require changing your setup. I've also told you this multiple times. You don't seem to grasp that and keep focusing on your setup. Are you really having trouble visualizing adding a stand that isn't included in the box? Or do you just want to have a tantrum about how the default stand is wide?

By the way, some of the best help I've received in life was help I didn't ask for. So knock off your attitude, especially when you seem completely ignorant to potential solutions to your "setup" problem.
If you're discussing the width of the stand on the Sony 940C -- the feet at either end then I believe these feet (the stand) can be moved much closer together. In other words the 940C has one other placement for these "feet", which makes it possible to place the T.V. on a much shorter T.V. stand. I checked this out since my stand is not long enough if the "feet" were restricted to being only placed at either end of the T.V.

Last edited by Deja Vu; 03-23-2016 at 06:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I'm not sure why the 55" size always seems to get the IPS panel. The 65" is really too large for my available space. Should I just get the 50" to get a VA panel? I'm moving from a 46" Panasonic Plasma so either one will be bigger. Which is more important, the VA panel or the extra size? Thanks for your help.

Bob

HT - 65" TCL-Roku R613, Philips 7302 UHD Blu ray, Yamaha TSR-5830, Wavecrest speakers, Klipsch R-12SW
2 Channel - Sony STR-dh190, Denon 1610, Def Tech BP6B, JBL cubes, Speedwoofer 10s
post #485 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 3128 Post(s)
Liked: 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
If you're discussing the width of the stand on the Sony 940C -- the feet at either end then I believe these feet (the stand) can be moved much closer together. In other words the 940C has one other placement for these "feet", which makes it possible to place the T.V. on a much shorter T.V. stand. I checked this out since my stand is not long enough if the "feet" were restricted to being only placed at either end of the T.V.
Yes I understand this. But we're not discussing the width of the stand on the 940C. We're discussing how the stand width is not adjustable on the Vizio P series.

To which my response is - No, it's not adjustable on the Vizio P series. However, you're saving $1,000+ over the 940C, so there's no reason to complain when you can shell out an additional $50 to purchase a narrow third party stand to place the Vizio on.
post #486 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick98761 View Post
I just bought a JS9500. So I'm still within my return window. Just saw the new Vizio P series. On paper it looks like a no brainier to swap out with. Am I missing anything? It's easy to get lost in specs. What would I loose from the trade?
You would lose the curved screen, the full one connect box having all the ports off the back of the tv and future upgrade-able connect boxes. You would also be losing quantum dots and an octa-core processor (six core on the Vizio). From what i've read the jury is still out on how effective HDR could be without quantum dots.

On the other hand, you would be gaining a bit brighter full screen tv (vizio reps did not confirm on specific highlights of the screen, but the Samsung was reported capable of over 900 nits in certain highlights), the tablet remote with google chromecast, dolby vision support (unless Samsung decides to release a full one connect box with dolby vision support) and a slightly larger dci-p3 colorspace by approx 2% (93% on the Samsung vs. 95% on the Vizio).

I am kind of in the same boat as you, as I currently am awaiting a replacement from Samsung for my JS8500 and have to call tomorrow to confirm if they are replacing it with the JS9500, as they were low on stock for the 9500. On one hand I am hoping they do not have it in stock and on the other I hope do as I would like a curved screen as my wife finally agreed to it. Either way, I am not out anything and am getting a better tv in the end. The JS9500 is proven to be a great tv from all the reviews that I have read and the Vizio has not been reviewed yet (even though the hands on previews have been very good so far) Even if I get the replacement from Samsung, I could not open it and sell it to get the Vizio. My biggest hang up on the two is the support for dolby vision. If Samsung would confirm they would support it via a new one connect box in the next year, I would be much less hesitant to keep the JS9500 if I get it.
Xguy4ku likes this.
post #487 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6athome View Post
Build a HTPC and control all from WMC and Windows IR Remote.( P.S. you still have to turn the TV on)
Yup, that went over my head there...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyoAJB View Post
The IR blaster would only have served a purpose if they wrote the code for the control app to make use of it. That functionality wouldn't work with a different mobile device that lacks the IR blaster (e.g. your phone) and they want you to be able to use whatever mobile device you already have in addition to the provided tablet. Hence the reason for using stock Android on the tablet and releasing both Android and IOS versions of the control app. There's really nothing special about the tablet except for the charging station and the fact that it automatically brings up the remote app when picked up.

If you want to be able to control other devices via. IP/IR/serial protocol, there are Android apps that will do that and compatible IR and serial adaptors are already on the market. They would give you more flexibility than a built-in IR blaster as you can place them wherever your equipment is (including behind solid cabinet doors) and still be able to control the devices from anywhere. A built-in IR blaster would require line of sight from the tablet to the equipment (or a separate IR repeater). Aren't we past the days of having to aim the remote at the component? With the Internet of Things on the rise, I imagine that it won't be long before IR protocol becomes obsolete. Everything is moving to IP control.
That makes sense, they wouldn't just put it on the tablet without making it functional, that'd just annoy people. Which was my thinking, toss it on there and let people use 3rd party apps to utilize it if they wanted.

Might have to consider your other points someday tho...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #488 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 3128 Post(s)
Liked: 2545
Does anyone else find it weird that Vizio does not tout the highlight brightness on any of their TVs? Even on the R series.

R is rated at 800 nits full white. P is rated at 600 nit full white.

Even in reviews of the R series, there has been no mention of peak 2% brightness. This is just very strange to me.

I understand that full screen white is definitely a more important - P series does come in at almost double full screen brightness over the JS9500, despite Samsung touting 1000 nit peak on the JS9500. But the comparisons of apples to oranges don't do any favors.
post #489 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3333 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg823 View Post
Does anyone else find it weird that Vizio does not tout the highlight brightness on any of their TVs? Even on the R series.

R is rated at 800 nits full white. P is rated at 600 nit full white.

Even in reviews of the R series, there has been no mention of peak 2% brightness. This is just very strange to me.

I understand that full screen white is definitely a more important - P series does come in at almost double full screen brightness over the JS9500, despite Samsung touting 1000 nit peak on the JS9500. But the comparisons of apples to oranges don't do any favors.
I think there is a lot of controversy over measurement standards which has lead Vizio to rejecting participation in any "certification" programs regarding HDR.
Ph8te likes this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #490 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well this just threw a wrench in my TV shopping!

I was deciding between the Sony XBR55x850C (The 850D series is getting so-so reviews) or the Samsung 55JS8500. Of course, the 8500 is a beast, but so is the cost. (I'll remind you, I'm Canadian, our prices suck right now!)

The P-series looks amazing, and everything you could want in a TV (Minus OTA tuner). My problem is the 55" is an IPS panel. Might have to take a look at the 50" inch or possibly the 65".

Can't wait to see the reviews on the P-series.
post #491 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by blynott View Post
I'm not sure why the 55" size always seems to get the IPS panel. The 65" is really too large for my available space. Should I just get the 50" to get a VA panel? I'm moving from a 46" Panasonic Plasma so either one will be bigger. Which is more important, the VA panel or the extra size? Thanks for your help.
I have the exact same problem (width limitations) and the exact same question (IPS really an issue to worry about?)

Thanks.
blynott and CWGriswold like this.

Projector/Screen: Sony VPL-VW285ES; Da-Lite Cosmopolitan Electrol (92")
TV: LG OLED 65B6P
Amplification: Anthem MRX-1120; Aesthetix Mimas; Rogue Triton II
Sources: Pioneer UPD-LX500; Simaudio 260DT; Music Hall mmf-9.3; Goldring Eroica LX
Speakers: Wilson Yvette (L/R); Paradigm In-Walls (6); Hsu Research VTF-1 MK3 (2)
post #492 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by blynott View Post
same boat as you, but coming from a 37" lcd. what Im doing is taking measurements and getting the largest I can fit, even it its slightly too large. personally I feel that spending the money on a screen that's only 4" larger is a waste of $$. depending on you viewing distance(mine is about 10 feet) and seating arraignment, an IPS panel might be the right choice.
blynott likes this.

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #493 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked: 569
The lack of Amazon HDR is sad. Sony though uses Android TV and has Amazon UHD HDR streaming through some special arrangement. Seems Vizio needs to engage Amazon for a similar deal.
post #494 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I wonder why the new P series models keep appearing and disappearing from the Best Buy site?
post #495 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Did previous year's Vizios ship to Costco with different colored bezels the way they did for other brands? Costco carrying a darker bezel would rock...

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
post #496 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2210 Post(s)
Liked: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wilkinson View Post
I've been monitoring this thread, and I contacted Vizio to get answers to some of the questions that have been raised. In no particular order:

- The LCD panel in the P50 has a native refresh rate of 60 Hz; all the others are 120 Hz.

- The 2016 P-Series does not have an internal OTA tuner, so by FCC definition, it cannot be considered a "TV" per se. Instead, Vizio is calling it a "Home Theater Display," but it could also be called a video monitor, like the last-generation Pioneer Kuro.

- The S/PDIF optical output can send 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS bitstreams as well as 2-channel PCM from the display's own apps and from external devices.

- The P-Series supports Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI with the same capabilities as S/PDIF—that is, 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS bitstreams as well as 2-channel PCM.

- Because of the "cold war" between Google and Amazon, the P-Series cannot stream content from Amazon until something changes in the relationship between those two tech giants. The P-series is essentially a Google device—in fact, the first Google Cast device to support 4K—and Amazon won't allow its content to be streamed to any Google device. For more on this, check out this article, which is admittedly over a year old, but I don't think things have changed radically since then.

- The P-Series can stream 4K content from YouTube.

- The tablet remote communicates with the display via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth if Wi-Fi is unavailable. The secondary remote communicates via IR with the basic commands for power on/off, volume up/down, mute, etc. A universal IR remote such as the Logitech Harmony can be used for these functions, but the tablet or other Android or iOS device is required to adjust the picture controls etc.

- The display has an OSD for volume and a couple of other functions, but it does not have a full menu system, which can be seen only on the tablet or other Android or iOS device.

- The P-Series display incorporates an octa-core processor with a quad-core GPU and quad-core CPU. Regarding the tablet's processor, my contact said it has "a fast processor so that it can search the web, stream content (to itself), display video, and perform other functions."

Scott, thanks for the update. I have one more question maybe you could ask your insiders...I just want to be certain that TV supports DV via the HDMI ports vice just the apps. I'm sure that is the case, but since it is going to be months before an outboard DV device is going to be available I would prefer to get a confirmation from Vizio now rather than find out later that DV is only supported via apps.
Johnnyice426 likes this.

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
post #497 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRK View Post
So we discuss OTA tuners, but not that?

Next discussion: why a tablet as remote, if we can use any device? This would reduce the price of the "TV" even more, or is that bad for poor people too?

Dont worry, Vizio has this covered as well! If you look at the E-Series it has SmartCast yet doesnt come with a tablet (must use your own device).
dishdude1 likes this.
post #498 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 7027 Post(s)
Liked: 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandx View Post
I have the exact same problem (width limitations) and the exact same question (IPS really an issue to worry about?)

Thanks.

IPS will have slightly worse MLL(blacks), but a better viewing angle. Some people are happy with an IPS panel, but most prefer VA because of the improved MLL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post
same boat as you, but coming from a 37" lcd. what Im doing is taking measurements and getting the largest I can fit, even it its slightly too large. personally I feel that spending the money on a screen that's only 4" larger is a waste of $$. depending on you viewing distance(mine is about 10 feet) and seating arraignment, an IPS panel might be the right choice.

Always get the largest that will fit your space 5" doesn't seem like a lot, but remember that's only diagonal, not viewing area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
The lack of Amazon HDR is sad. Sony though uses Android TV and has Amazon UHD HDR streaming through some special arrangement. Seems Vizio needs to engage Amazon for a similar deal.

I think it would be Google and Amazon that would need to work things out. One day we may be able to side load a workaround so the point may be moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
Did previous year's Vizios ship to Costco with different colored bezels the way they did for other brands? Costco carrying a darker bezel would rock...

Vizio doesn't do Big Box "special editions". All of the TVs are the same regardless of where you get them.

Sent from nowhere
post #499 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotra View Post
Hello,

Does anyone have confirmation on the capacity of this TV to achieve 1080p @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 or 4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4? I think the 2014 P series wasn't able to accept 4:4:4 chroma subsampling.

Could be a real deal breaker for me.

Thanks!
From page 59 of the manual:
"When connecting a HDMI 2.0 device, HDMI Color Subsampling needs to be enabled to support 4K resolution at 60hz."
blatz8 likes this.
post #500 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Scott, thanks for the update. I have one more question maybe you could ask your insiders...I just want to be certain that TV supports DV via the HDMI ports vice just the apps. I'm sure that is the case, but since it is going to be months before an outboard DV device is going to be available I would prefer to get a confirmation from Vizio now rather than find out later that DV is only supported via apps.

As far as I understand, HDMI 2.0a will support 4K + HDR10 only.
For Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.1 is required, and nothing has that yet.

So, this screen would probably support Dolby Vision via streaming only.
post #501 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke M View Post
From page 59 of the manual:
"When connecting a HDMI 2.0 device, HDMI Color Subsampling needs to be enabled to support 4K resolution at 60hz."
This sounds like 4:4:4 @ 60hz 4k is not supported?
post #502 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Does anyone have any idea when these things will drop in price, and by how much? I was looking at a current M series TV (75-80"), but I think I'm going to wait out and get this. HOWEVER, I seem to be one of the few peasants that can't just drop that kind of coin on a tv...sorry "home theater display".

Maybe I can convince my fiance that we don't NEED a honeymoon...
blatz8 likes this.
post #503 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka[]e[] View Post
Does anyone have any idea when these things will drop in price, and by how much? I was looking at a current M series TV (75-80"), but I think I'm going to wait out and get this. HOWEVER, I seem to be one of the few peasants that can't just drop that kind of coin on a tv...sorry "home theater display".

It will probably be months before you see any type of discount or price drop. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars (nothing extreme). Usually Vizio TVs are sold fairly close to their "price" and don't have thousands of $ in markup. Of course on clearance maybe you would find a good deal, but that might not happen for a year or two.

Sent from nowhere
post #504 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by randompersonx View Post
This sounds like 4:4:4 @ 60hz 4k is not supported?
Seems so. We'll know for sure when rtings.com reviews it.
post #505 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1365 Post(s)
Liked: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka[]e[] View Post

You will see some sales by Christmas I am sure. Nothing crazy (the crazy BF deals are usually for older models), but $300-500 off seems doable.
MCaugusto likes this.
post #506 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAClarke View Post
Well this just threw a wrench in my TV shopping!

I was deciding between the Sony XBR55x850C (The 850D series is getting so-so reviews) or the Samsung 55JS8500. Of course, the 8500 is a beast, but so is the cost. (I'll remind you, I'm Canadian, our prices suck right now!)

The P-series looks amazing, and everything you could want in a TV (Minus OTA tuner). My problem is the 55" is an IPS panel. Might have to take a look at the 50" inch or possibly the 65".

Can't wait to see the reviews on the P-series.
I'm in a similar position. I was planning on buying the Samsung 65JS8500 but now with the announcement of the 2016 P-Series I'll wait for some reviews before making up my mind. This just made my decision more difficult. A 2015 Samsung vs a 2016 Vizio. The specs sheet and price sure makes the P-Series tempting. I'm just uncertain of Vizio's overall quality and reliability compared to Samsung.
post #507 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:

This is not accurate. DV doesnt even require HDMI 2.0 and is backwards compatible to 1.4. Some feel that because of this it may "win out" in the format war with HDR 10.

http://www.dtcreports.com/weeklyriff...created-equal/
post #508 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick98761 View Post
I just bought a JS9500. So I'm still within my return window. Just saw the new Vizio P series. On paper it looks like a no brainier to swap out with. Am I missing anything? It's easy to get lost in specs. What would I loose from the trade?
Both sets are FALD and have a similar number of zones. The JS9500 can go brighter (800+ nits) than the P series (600ish nits), but the Vizio covers more of the P3 gamut (supposedly 96ish% versus 88ish%). As far as other picture quality attributes go, we'll have to wait for reviews. But, if past performance still holds true, the JS9500 should have the better video processing, upscaling, and motion handling capabilities. The Samsung has HDR10 compatibility out of the box but will never support Dolby Vision (unless it's possible to add it with a new OCB?). The Vizio supports Dolby Vision out of the box and should support HDR10 after a firmware update in "90 days". App availability is subject to change but currently, the Samsung only supports 4K HDR content from Amazon and M-Go while the Vizio only supports 4K HDR content from Vudu. Both support 4K SDR content from Netflix and it seems that the Vizio will get HDR Netflix sooner than the Samsung, due to Netflix's decision to go exclusively with Dolby Vision at first and add HDR10 content at a later date. The JS9500 supports 3D content (up to 1080p native resolution), using active shutter glasses, while the Vizio completely lacks support for 3D content.

The UI/remotes are obviously radically different. You'll have to judge which is better for yourself. The Samsung is curved while the Vizio is flat if that matters to you. The Vizio lacks an built-in OTA tuner, but if you watch OTA television then there are better external tuner/DVR solutions than the one built into the JS9500 that I would recommend anyways.

Are you a DirecTV subscriber and do you currently have one of their Genie Whole Home DVR's? I know the Samsung supports 4K DirecTV via. the RVU protocol. I'm not sure if the Vizio does or not. If not, you might need a new 4K-capable set top box. Depending on what tier you subscribe to and whether or not you qualify for a free upgrade, there could be additional costs in getting this setup with the Vizio that may not apply with the Samsung.

Other than that, I think the only major difference is price. Depending on what size JS9500 you purchased and how much you paid, you could either buy the same/similar sized Vizio and save a chunk of money or perhaps go up to a larger screen size for roughly the same price.
Ph8te likes this.

Last edited by HockeyoAJB; 03-23-2016 at 07:37 AM.
post #509 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2210 Post(s)
Liked: 2710
Quote:

I don't think this is correct. My understanding is that DV doesn't even require 2.0a (will work over 2.0) but requires hardware "downstream" of the HDMI ports to decode the metadata. I could be wrong though...

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
post #510 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetson312 View Post
I'm in a similar position. I was planning on buying the Samsung 65JS8500 but now with the announcement of the 2016 P-Series I'll wait for some reviews before making up my mind. This just made my decision more difficult. A 2015 Samsung vs a 2016 Vizio. The specs sheet and price sure makes the P-Series tempting. I'm just uncertain of Vizio's overall quality and reliability compared to Samsung.

Reliability is comparable (within a few % points). Vizio is still fighting the stigma they had for years (and some people here will never let that go). You'll find happy, upset, disgruntled owners on both sides. The best thing to do is if you feel concerned is to buy an extended warranty with your set. Quality is subjective you would hope a TV that costs more has higher quality there are for sure different designs used. It's (as always) a personal decision. Personally I've been happy with the 2014 P series I have.

Sent from nowhere
pos1121 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
p-series , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page