Vizio 2016 P-Series UHD/HDR TVs no price talk please - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2448Likes

post #631 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
If I could get a 940c at that price I would jump on it, but sadly up here in the Great White North, the 940c is retailing for $8999cdn and $8599cdn for the $940D, where as the 75" P will be retailing for $5500cdn, yeah I know we get burned up here. I miss the days when we were on par.
I just spoke to someone at Vizio(US) and they said that they have no information about it coming to Canada, don't know if they are too low down the chain to give/have that info. He suggested the P series will be a "Limited Edition"?!? and not coming to Canada?!?. Perhaps someone might have more insider info about that.

Like you said, just by currency conversion that would make the 75" ~$5500 before taxes and warranty which would be in line with the differential between prices I see between US/CAN Bestbuy, Amazon,Costco which would easily push it past $6,000+ (god I can't even believe I am saying I am thinking of spending that much), correct me if I'm wrong.

I had a major rant about the UI so I think I would love the tablet even with the volume control that was shown on the Digit Trends first impressions video.

I currently have the M75" from Costco.ca when it was on sale at Christmas/New Years for $3330 (all up $4000 with taxes & warranty) and my return window is at the end of this month. I basically bought it to upgrade size from a 65" to 75". (I still have the 65" Panasonic plasma). I am not that fussed about HDR content for my current TV watching habits for now.

I could close my eyes and bite down hard and won't miss the money after a while. The UI will still bug me as long as I have it.

Is the extras like the 128 zones compared to the 32 that the M series has, and have it future proof a bit more with the HDR & DV worth it plus, or which if anything else should be considered as a major specs to consider in that equation? One major for me is the FALD on this TV, would never go back to and edge-lit again.

I could return the M75" (go back to the plasma for now) and hold out for the P series to come out in a little while, or even if it doesn't come pick up the M again (hopefully the price will drop a little further with 2016 models coming out). The 2015 M75" is sitting at $3500 right now.

Some input would be appreciated.

Last edited by doe_eyed_gazelle; 03-23-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2153 Post(s)
Liked: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd5215 View Post
Do you know who the "seller" was on Ebay....I don't want to get ripped off as I don't use Ebay much. Do they email you the code?
scottzwiezel.

He sent me the code within minutes via email.
post #633 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Can anyone measure the distance between the 2 sets of legs on the stand. I have a 60" Plasma right now and considering upgrading to this set but right now my TV fit perfect on my stand and want to make sure with the 5" bump and the stand not being in the middle that it will fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #634 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
65" and I did store pick up, says 4/1. The local warehouse has it in stock though, and I could get it today. My guess is it will be the weekend since I can pick it up at the warehouse.

go on eBay and search "best buy 10% off online code". They usually cost $20, but it saves you 10%. It works on Vizio Tvs.

After tax my total was $1907.
You did well!
I ordered immediately from vizio.com and used their 5% e-mail sign-up discount for $1900 total. I am incredibly impatient and assumed this would be the fastest option, plus I get to save on tax! But, it is being shipped via MANNA freight with 'estimated time of arrival' of Thursday, 3/31. If I knew Best Buy would have available so soon, I probably would have waited! Oh well, I'm still excited.
We'll see who gets it first!!!
SandstormGT and Mattopotamus like this.
post #635 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
scottzwiezel.

He sent me the code within minutes via email.
Thanks!
post #636 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSF767 View Post
Can anyone measure the distance between the 2 sets of legs on the stand. I have a 60" Plasma right now and considering upgrading to this set but right now my TV fit perfect on my stand and want to make sure with the 5" bump and the stand not being in the middle that it will fit.
I had a 2015 m65 model and the feet look about the same distance apart. The width of the stands were just under 54" and barely fit on my tv stand that is 54" wide.
post #637 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Does refresh rate affect the performance of HDR and WCG?...
post #638 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by doe_eyed_gazelle View Post
I just spoke to someone at Vizio and they said that they have no information about it coming to Canada, don't know if they are too low down the chain to give/have that info. He suggested the P series will be a "Limited Edition"?!? and not coming to Canada?!?. Perhaps someone might have more insider info about that. Like you said, just by currency conversion that would make the 75" ~$5500 before taxes and warranty which would be in line with the price differential between the US to CAN prices ?!? which would easily push it past $6,000+ (god I can't even believe I am saying I am thinking of spending that much), correct me if I'm wrong. I had a major rant about the UI so I think I would love the tablet even with the volume control that was shown on the Digit Trends first intro. I currently have the M75" from Costco.ca when it was on sale at Christmas/New Years for $3330 (all up $4000 with taxes & warranty) and my return window is at the end of this month. I basically bought it to upgrade size from a 65" to 75". (I still have the 65" Panasonic plasma). I am not that fussed about HDR content for my current TV watching habits for now. I could close my eyes and bite down hard and won't miss the money after a while. The UI will still bug me as long as I have it. Is the extras like the 128 zones compared to the 32 that the M series has, and have it future proof a bit more with the HDR & DV worth it plus, or which if anything else should be considered as a major specs to consider in that equation? One major for me is the FALD on this TV, would never go back to and edge-lit again. I could return the M75" (go back to the plasma for now) and hold out for the P series, or even if it doesn't come pick up the M again (hopefully the price will drop a little further with 2016 models coming out). The 2105 M75" is sitting at $3500 right now. Some input would be appreciated.
I looked at the M75 at Costco, and what kept me from buying it was the lack of HDR, I'm a avid movie collector, and have already started buying UHD titles. There is nothing wrong with the M75 my brother has one and he loves it, but he mostly watches cable and plays a few blu-rays and doesn't care about UHD-Blu-ray or Netflix. If you plan on upgrading to UHD-blu-ray than I say take it back and wait, otherwise just keep it. Remember we don't have the same options as they do in the US for streaming services.
doe_eyed_gazelle likes this.

Joe
post #639 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
I looked at the M75 at Costco, and what kept me from buying it was the lack of HDR, I'm a avid movie collector, and have already started buying UHD titles. There is nothing wrong with the M75 my brother has one and he loves it, but he mostly watches cable and plays a few blu-rays and doesn't care about UHD-Blu-ray or Netflix. If you plan on upgrading to UHD-blu-ray than I say take it back and wait, otherwise just keep it. Remember we don't have the same options as they do in the US for streaming services.
OK thanks for your input, I'm not that fussed about UHD blu-ray.
post #640 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticmoz View Post
Mine is still "Packing" -- ordered yesterday morning not long after it went live on the Vizio site. Looking forward to it.
Mine to. I should have waited a day. Best Buy now has the 65" listed and available for delivery as early as this Friday. My old Vizio developed problems and was covered by the extended warranty so the timing of this release was perfect. But we are without a TV until Vizio figures out how to pack it and get it on a truck.
post #641 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by doe_eyed_gazelle View Post
I just spoke to someone at Vizio(US) and they said that they have no information about it coming to Canada, don't know if they are too low down the chain to give/have that info. He suggested the P series will be a "Limited Edition"?!? and not coming to Canada?!?. Perhaps someone might have more insider info about that.
Man, this release has really made things more difficult. I had everything narrowed down to a 60" Samsung JS8000 for $1999+tx CAD or a 65" Vizio M65-C1 for $1869+tx CAD. I will mainly watch Netflix, Plex, NFL Football (via GamePass/Roku) and PS4. The sports motion issues of the M65 we a little concerning to me, and I was agonizing between the two sets. Now this comes along, and it may not even be released in Canada!? (Though I doubt that to be true... seems like a huge loss of a potential market.)
post #642 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Never having used Chromecast, I don't quite get how some of this will work. For example, if I have DirecTV Genie hooked up, will the tablet include that in the "Live TV" part of the app? Will the tablet be able to control the Genie or would it have to be streamed via the internet through a DirecTV app instead?
post #643 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
actually 45 days if you are elite plus.
Do you have to be elite plus BEFORE you make the purchase, or will a $3500 TV purchase automatically bump the return period for that item to 45 days?

If it's the latter case, then it can be said that all BB TV purchases $1500-$3499 have a 30 day return window and $3500 and above is 45 days. But I'm confused it that's the case, since I bought a $2500 TV from them 4 weeks ago when I was at elite status, and now this latest purchase has me at elite plus. Which am I for this $2500 TV?

Last edited by bruceames; 03-23-2016 at 01:29 PM.
post #644 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3333 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Do you have to be elite plus BEFORE you make the purchase, or will a $3500 TV purchase automatically bump the return period for that item to 45 days?

If it's the latter case, then it can be said that all BB TV purchases $1500-$3499 have a 30 day return window and $3500 and above is 45 days. But I'm confused it that's the case, since I bought a $2500 TV from them 4 weeks ago when I was at elite status, and now this latest purchase has me at elite plus. Which am I for this $2500 TV?
It's a good question. I'd just ask a manager at BB.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #645 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpyhip View Post
Never having used Chromecast, I don't quite get how some of this will work. For example, if I have DirecTV Genie hooked up, will the tablet include that in the "Live TV" part of the app? Will the tablet be able to control the Genie or would it have to be streamed via the internet through a DirecTV app instead?
No, it will work just like any other HDMI device up til now. You use the TV remote to select HDMI1 and then throw that remote aside and use the one for the device.

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
post #646 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mud sloth View Post
Even if they do, you'll still need to use a separate device to browse media and cast. I like the idea of not relying on TV apps for streaming, but there's something comforting about clicking through media with a traditional remote. I'd still use my Nexus Player or Fire Stick for this reason, unless I'm specifically streaming HDR content, I think.
Quote:
Good question, the Live TV is obviously going to be coming through your Cable/Satellite box like always, and being that the tablet doesn't have a iR blaster on it, I'm not sure how it would possibly be able to control that set-top box through their app.

I have a tablet I use for TV sometimes that has Peel Smart Remote on it, which you setup by giving it your cable/sat provider and your zipcode, it then conglomerates all of the available channels you get and gives you metadata for them, if you click on the show and watch, the tablet app will send out an IR command to the set-top box and change the channel, but with the Vizio tablet not having iR blaster, it will have to work differently or not at all(only dumb remote works for live TV maybe).
post #647 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 7027 Post(s)
Liked: 7112
Quote:

You would just switch to the input that the Genie/AVR is plugged into. The Google Cast only really affects streaming apps. If the genie has an android app to control it you could possibly use that, but it wouldn't be in the Vizio Google Cast app.

Sent from nowhere
post #648 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0pp3r View Post
Man, this release has really made things more difficult. I had everything narrowed down to a 60" Samsung JS8000 for $1999+tx CAD or a 65" Vizio M65-C1 for $1869+tx CAD. I will mainly watch Netflix, Plex, NFL Football (via GamePass/Roku) and PS4. The sports motion issues of the M65 we a little concerning to me, and I was agonizing between the two sets. Now this comes along, and it may not even be released in Canada!? (Though I doubt that to be true... seems like a huge loss of a potential market.)

Yes I do take that with a major grain of salt, pehaps just being very non-commital, and will sweat it out for a while as it closes in on my return window if I so choose to do so.

Last edited by doe_eyed_gazelle; 03-23-2016 at 01:40 PM.
post #649 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Casting is used for content delivered via. streaming providers or for mirroring content from the mobile device to the screen. With your DirecTV Genie set top box, you would just connect it to the TV with an HDMI cable the same as any other TV. Other than being able to switch the TV to the correct HDMI input, the SmartCast app would have no control of the DirecTV box. As you mentioned, you would need to use the DirecTV mobile app if you want to use the tablet to control it, which means switching between apps. It's possible that Vizio might support DirecTV's RVU protocol, in which case you would control your DirecTV programming from the TV itself but, given that they removed the OTA tuner and built-in apps, I doubt this is supported.

I've seen at least one mention of a cross-platform search available in the SmartCast app, but don't know if that includes OTA, cable, and satellite programming or how the SmartCast app would actually tell your set top box to change to the correct channel if it did.

Last edited by HockeyoAJB; 03-23-2016 at 02:11 PM.
post #650 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Not sure if I should actually return my set to Costco. I just bought an M65 3 weeks ago. Got it mounted and everything, probably would risk divorce doing it since I had my wife help me mount it which entailed being too loud putting in the lag bolts.

I paid roughly like almost 1500 with tax and SQ at Costco. (I know probably about 100 dollars cheaper at Sams but screw dealing with 90 days).

Anyways I know it would be a dick move to return it back to Costco especially when it has no light bleed etc, but lets say I did do that, what would I even tell Costco? "Hey I hate this I don't want it". Sorta feel bad not to mention who knows how much better the P series actually looks with 1080P content.
RDHolmes likes this.
post #651 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaf85 View Post
Best Buy does for 15 days after that you are **** out of luck. Extended warranties through Best Buy also allow you to return instore but they are about 300 percent higher in cost than Costco. For example a Costco warranty for 3 years or total 5 years will be something like 89 bucks on a TV under 2000 with Best Buy it could be something like 400-500 for a 1999 TV. Its dynamic.
You can also get an extended Warranty through SquareTrade 4 year warranty with in home service is 199.00. Costco and Sams club are the best deals but apparently Best Buy has an initial exclusive on th P series. My guess is we wont see it at Costco or Sam's for a couple of months.
post #652 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2104 Post(s)
Liked: 1521
Quote:
Not sure if I should actually return my set to Costco. I just bought an M65 3 weeks ago. Got it mounted and everything, probably would risk divorce doing it since I had my wife help me mount it which entailed being too loud putting in the lag bolts.

I paid roughly like almost 1500 with tax and SQ at Costco. (I know probably about 100 dollars cheaper at Sams but screw dealing with 90 days).

Anyways I know it would be a dick move to return it back to Costco especially when it has no light bleed etc, but lets say I did do that, what would I even tell Costco? "Hey I hate this I don't want it". Sorta feel bad not to mention who knows how much better the P series actually looks with 1080P content.
If you are within your 90 days you usually don't have to tell them anything. Just that you would like to return it. If they ask you can say you did not like the picture and prefer plasma instead.
post #653 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 1881 Post(s)
Liked: 4919
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Scott, thanks for the update. I have one more question maybe you could ask your insiders...I just want to be certain that TV supports DV via the HDMI ports vice just the apps. I'm sure that is the case, but since it is going to be months before an outboard DV device is going to be available I would prefer to get a confirmation from Vizio now rather than find out later that DV is only supported via apps.
I have confirmed that the new P-Series will accept Dolby Vision via HDMI or the appropriate apps; it works either way.
rogo, Blaine Doss, VBB and 9 others like this.
post #654 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 117
For those using Manna shipping

Do yourself a favor and open the box while the shippers are there. I did that and found some bad damage. I don't necessarily blame Manna but it is worth it to check for cracked screens or separated bezels which was the problem with my delivery. Vizio was very quick to refund my money and that same day I went to Costco and bought the same set for the same price. Why I didn't do that in the first place is a mystery I still am trying to solve.

Ursa
k124 and SandstormGT like this.
post #655 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 1169 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistractedJohn View Post
Does refresh rate affect the performance of HDR and WCG?...
No. The refresh rate has no impact on High Dynamic Range or Wide Color Gamuts...
post #656 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Thank you Matt...
post #657 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post

Be careful with this and do your due diligence. I purchased a TV recently and at the time was an Elite Plus member, but while I had the TV I was downgraded to Elite status (with no notification) and they almost didn't let me return it because I was outside of the 30 day return policy.

Display - LG OLED
Receiver - Denon
Speakers - Klipsch
Subs - Rythmik
post #658 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3333 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Quote:

It's not immoral to return a TV that was sold with an unconditional return policy. You have a right to do that and if you're buying a new model, released within the timeframe of your return period, go for it. Vizio is expecting a bunch of open box returns. You do realize that Vizio released the new models immediately following the expiration of 90 days from the last day before Christmas shopping ended? They waited to mitigate for excess returns so if you bought later, you're in luck.
THX1720 likes this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #659 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Hmmm... I just may have to grab a 75"'er as an upgrade from my 2014 P70. But I won't do it right away; rather I'll probably wait for it to get discounted at least by a few hundred bucks on Vizio's site (past history indicates this really doesn't take all that long) and stack that with my old 10% coupon code I have from signing up for their mailing list (which is now only 5% for new subscribers) that I never used.
post #660 of 3197 Old 03-23-2016, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
No. The refresh rate has no impact on High Dynamic Range or Wide Color Gamuts...
Hey Matt! Thanks for joining! A lot of people here excited about your new lineup. Main question I have is will we see these P series with black bezels? I am sure you can't comment on this but it would be awesome if you did. As you'll see a lot of folks here who care about such things would prefer that to silver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
p-series , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page