2016 Vizio M-Series Anticipation Thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 269Likes

post #871 of 880 Old 11-18-2016, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm not in tune with tv specs and such but from what I've read through in this thread it seems like the M70-D3 is a no brainer buy at the $1649 price at Costco right now for Black Friday. Am I right about that or should I be looking at a different TV? I would be putting this in my media room (no windows) for whatever its worth.

Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 880 Old 11-18-2016, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by thearch1tect View Post
I'm not in tune with tv specs and such but from what I've read through in this thread it seems like the M70-D3 is a no brainer buy at the $1649 price at Costco right now for Black Friday. Am I right about that or should I be looking at a different TV? I would be putting this in my media room (no windows) for whatever its worth.

Thanks for the advice!
Well, depends if you want flat out size or better features. We JUST grabbed the 65" for $999 we couldn't justify the $650 difference for 5" more... Next up would be the 65" ks8000 for $1479... And keep in mind that we really would have liked a 70", and the E series is only $927 in store, but you can see how the prices are too all over the place so we feel we settled at the sweet spot.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
post #873 of 880 Old 11-18-2016, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
Well, depends if you want flat out size or better features. We JUST grabbed the 65" for $999 we couldn't justify the $650 difference for 5" more... Next up would be the 65" ks8000 for $1479... And keep in mind that we really would have liked a 70", and the E series is only $927 in store, but you can see how the prices are too all over the place so we feel we settled at the sweet spot.

I didn't even think to look at the 65" as I've been so focused on getting a 70". The $650 price difference is pretty steep considering the only difference in features is the size. I can't justify doing that either. Maybe I should wait it out since I'm in no rush for a TV. The power or 'new' is strong though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #874 of 880 Old 11-18-2016, 10:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearch1tect View Post
I didn't even think to look at the 65" as I've been so focused on getting a 70". The $650 price difference is pretty steep considering the only difference in features is the size. I can't justify doing that either. Maybe I should wait it out since I'm in no rush for a TV. The power or 'new' is strong though
The problem is that there aren't any decent 70" HDR sets right now other than the M series. It seems that you have to spend a LOT more... Anyway, I'm REALLY happy with the new set so far, but I still have to get it fine tuned. I was surprised to see the vesa mounts so tall, the full 600 when the cheapie 65" it replaced used 400... It's like they just designed one size for all their 65 to 70" or something, anyway time to try some Netflix HDR now.

Sent from my XR6M10 using Tapatalk
post #875 of 880 Old 11-18-2016, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles J P View Post
Possibly you misunderstood me. I loath the idea of using a tablet to control basic TV functionality. This is a solution looking for a problem in my opinion. I have no desire to power on a tablet, click an app, wait for it to connect to my TV, and then change the channel. Luckily my COX Contour 2 remote controls the basic TV functionality and the volume on my Visio soundbar. However, there was no way to get into audio and picture settings on the TV directly, only through the app.
The basic remote has picture presets available too, otherwise everyone knows how this model works using the tablet so not sure why you bought in the first place and then whine about it here. Admit you did zero research and let the rest of us actually discuss the TV itself, thanks. BTW the tablet is awesome I'm using it right now to post here, it's an awesome feature. I have the TV wired to Ethernet and the tablet to 5GHz WiFi and there is absolutely minimal delay and works fantastic.

post #876 of 880 Old 11-18-2016, 10:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post
Considering M80 or P75 for my 12x25 HT. I usually turn down ligts for movies or games.

I use my PS4 for Bluray, Plex and PlayStation Vue, Netflix so I'm not sure I can play 4k material?

We're talking about $3800 vs $4k. Wondering if it's even worth it for those prices.

Coming from a 65" DLP which looks great to me. Sit about 8-10 ft away currently
Go with the 75", that would be ideal for your viewing distance and they are down to $3500 now with amazing features.

post #877 of 880 Old 11-19-2016, 05:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Go with the 75", that would be ideal for your viewing distance and they are down to $3500 now with amazing features.

$3k actually for p75 and $3700 for 940D?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #878 of 880 Old 11-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
The basic remote has picture presets available too, otherwise everyone knows how this model works using the tablet so not sure why you bought in the first place and then whine about it here. Admit you did zero research and let the rest of us actually discuss the TV itself, thanks. BTW the tablet is awesome I'm using it right now to post here, it's an awesome feature. I have the TV wired to Ethernet and the tablet to 5GHz WiFi and there is absolutely minimal delay and works fantastic.

I didn't think I was whining. This is not a trend I appreciate as it forces us away from universal remotes which cannot support this kind of functionality. While you can access picture MODES from the basic remote, you cannot access picture SETTINGS. Same thing with my Contour 2 remote which has too many functions that cannot be replicated to my Harmony. As far as "admitting" I did zero research, I believe I did exactly that in my initial post. If the idea here is for everyone to fall in line and not post any negative opinions about the product, I'll depart.

the lounj is a general interest/hobby discussion forum.
post #879 of 880 Old 11-20-2016, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles J P View Post
I didn't think I was whining. This is not a trend I appreciate as it forces us away from universal remotes which cannot support this kind of functionality. While you can access picture MODES from the basic remote, you cannot access picture SETTINGS. Same thing with my Contour 2 remote which has too many functions that cannot be replicated to my Harmony. As far as "admitting" I did zero research, I believe I did exactly that in my initial post. If the idea here is for everyone to fall in line and not post any negative opinions about the product, I'll depart.
Sorry, didn't mean to be do harsh but I do find it amazingly convenient to pull up detailed settings without taking up the whole screen too. It flat out works awesome and you can use any phone as well, I think it's great... But if it just didn't work for you then go with a Samsung or Sony, I just love the value and technology of this vizio.

Edit: also, the settings don't require a lot of tweaking either, you literally just have to set it once and then MAYBE adjust the backlight occasionally, but even then you can set up calibrated and calibrated dark once and then use the basic remote to change between the two.

Last edited by danbfree; 11-20-2016 at 10:39 AM.
post #880 of 880 Old 11-20-2016, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Liked: 2094
Quote:
Edit: also, the settings don't require a lot of tweaking either, you literally just have to set it once and then MAYBE adjust the backlight occasionally, but even then you can set up calibrated and calibrated dark once and then use the basic remote to change between the two.
Though I'm in the same camp as Charles you make a very good point. After the tweaking you can discard the tablet and go with a Roku Premier+ and control everything through a Harmony remote. If you want to take advantage of Amazon HDR you're going to need the Roku anyway.

LG 65B8
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page