Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1037 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288562Likes

post #31081 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5150 Post(s)
Liked: 3622
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordj View Post
Daredevil in DV is razor sharp for me. No blurring or motion issues either. I can count the pores in people's faces, and the action scenes are smooth as silk. I just wish they would tone down the grain, but that was done on purpose for some reason.
No kidding... I hate the extra grain in there...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31082 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, need some help with a problem with my screen. I just moved my tv to a new house, and on the second day of using it I noticed that there are dark shadows on the bottom left and right corners. I'm not sure if these are new or have been here from the beginning and have never noticed it. It is extremely noticeable when the screen is white or just one all one color like the xbox dashboard. It takes up the entire edge and essentially makes the screen have rounded corners on the bottom. It's pretty bad. Is there any way to fix this or will I just have to deal with it?
post #31083 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigxboss View Post
Just checked & my Canon 6D does indeed have a mini HDMI!

Also, they have mini-HDMI-to-HDMI cables at Best Buy. That should suffice?

Yup! Just make sure it's mini hdmi. Some dslrs have micro, some have mini. It's kind of a pain. Just verify specs from canon before making any purchase and know that there is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31084 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1830 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadrojcote View Post
I have the same problem, Turn the brightness down (white level) and it will help add some depth to cable channels. I turned my brightness down 5 and set the gamma one setting higher and it helped.
Brightness is for adjusting Black levels and Contrast is for White levels.

Nonetheless, adjust to what suits your environment & eyes. Personally I like Contrast 51 and Brightness 47 with a 2.1 Gamma.
post #31085 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurinder Takhar View Post
Hi, need some help with a problem with my screen. I just moved my tv to a new house, and on the second day of using it I noticed that there are dark shadows on the bottom left and right corners. I'm not sure if these are new or have been here from the beginning and have never noticed it. It is extremely noticeable when the screen is white or just one all one color like the xbox dashboard. It takes up the entire edge and essentially makes the screen have rounded corners on the bottom. It's pretty bad. Is there any way to fix this or will I just have to deal with it?
These screens are pretty fragile and moving can be stressful on bezels & the glass it holds. I guess you can try massaging the corners (do a search on this thread). Good luck.
post #31086 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 25
sorry to post another, but i can't PM yet.

@Matt McRae

just set up my P75 today. would you be able to add my serial to the list for the updates?

LTMATKBS3050117

Thanks!
post #31087 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
M50-D1 HDMI ports

I am thrilled that there is a fix on the way for my M50-D1. I am having difficulty translating the HDMI ports to my particular TV, and am hoping to get some direction.

All of the TV's I have heard mentioned have 5 HDMI ports, but the M50 happens to have 4. How does that translate as far as the fastest and slowest ports as far as game lag?
post #31088 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by displaycalnoob View Post

what is your backlight setting?

May want to lower it for SDR content, probably to bright for SDR. Your throwing 300 nits at 100 not content, which can introduce some motion blur.
post #31089 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Brightness is for adjusting Black levels and Contrast is for White levels.

Nonetheless, adjust to what suits your environment & eyes. Personally I like Contrast 51 and Brightness 47 with a 2.1 Gamma.
Oh I thought it was the other way around. mine is set similar. Contrast 51 and brightness to 45 gamma 2.2. This is on an m65, I had the p65 before and it displayed similarly for cable. I dont use these settings for anything but cable and it's only to add more depth and reduce the heaven looking haze to some scenes.
post #31090 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
These screens are pretty fragile and moving can be stressful on bezels & the glass it holds. I guess you can try massaging the corners (do a search on this thread). Good luck.
Thanks. I hope that it's not the case. I moved it carefully and used the box and all the things it came with. I'll look into the massaging.
post #31091 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hi guys, just have a few questions.

1) When DV kicks in is the Brightness supposed to snap to 50? I could have sworn it snapped to 80 by default before, but maybe this was changed in an update at some point in time and I just haven't been following release notes for a long time now.

2) Is there any streamable HDR10 content at the moment? And is enabling Sub-Sampling on the Xbox One still required to enable HDR10 on UHD-Discs or has that been fixed?

3) I believe I read Matt say to hit Service Check then power down your set for 30 mins and the update should push through. Is this only valid to those who have given their serial numbers over? When I hit Service Check absolutely nothing happens on the tablet or screen, is this normal?

Thanks in advance guys!
post #31092 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2050 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post

You may want to lower it for SD content, probably to bright for SD.

Your throwing 300 nits at 100 not content, which can introduce some motion blur.

I'm seeing this on HD content. SD is another matter, but I suppose this will show-up there, also. I'll look at that later. Right now, HD/UHD is priority One.

I had the BackLight at 50 before the update. This stuff is now there after the firmware update.

I initially overlooked this, thinking it was from a source. I think now it's my P50, post firmware update.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #31093 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
Hi guys, just have a few questions.

1) When DV kicks in is the Brightness supposed to snap to 50? I could have sworn it snapped to 80 by default before, but maybe this was changed in an update at some point in time and I just haven't been following release notes for a long time now.

2) Is there any streamable HDR10 content at the moment? And is enabling Sub-Sampling on the Xbox One still required to enable HDR10 on UHD-Discs or has that been fixed?

3) I believe I read Matt say to hit Service Check then power down your set for 30 mins and the update should push through. Is this only valid to those who have given their serial numbers over? When I hit Service Check absolutely nothing happens on the tablet or screen, is this normal?

Thanks in advance guys!
1) Yes, always has.
2) Only on Amazon app on Samsung UHD player ATM. Matt said there will eventually be support for it though, but don't count on casting with Amazon, you'd need an external device for it.
Not sure about turning off SS on Xbox, I've just left it on. But wouldn't this be easy enough to just check for yourself? The tablet will tell you if HDR is active or not.
3) He just posted that it's going wide open now so you should get it soon regardless. Service check does nothing visually after hitting the button, it's done in the background.
post #31094 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
After my serial # gets added for the update. Should I have my TV set to eco or quick start mode after I run the service check and turn my display off for 30 minutes to download the update?
post #31095 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post

You may want to lower it for SD content, probably to bright for SD.

Your throwing 300 nits at 100 not content, which can introduce some motion blur.

I'm seeing this on HD content. SD is another matter, but I suppose this will show-up there, also. I'll look at that later. Right now, HD/UHD is priority One.

I had the BackLight at 50 before the update. This stuff is now there after the firmware update.

I initially overlooked this, thinking it was from a source. I think now it's my P50, post firmware update.

That was supposed to be SDR. The update did increase the panels brightness, on a 60hz display. Is it there on UHD,DV, and HDR10?
post #31096 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
In the app, tap the settings button.

Then it's System>System Information>Display Information.

There you can see resolution and HDR status. It updates in real time too, with a slight delay, no need to refresh. Note that HDR is not dependant on resolution, and should always display YES when casting Dolby Vision or playing UHD Blu-rays.
Is there a way to have this display on the tv screen or tablet screen without going into the settings? Maybe through a widget?
CleCakYngMfd likes this.
post #31097 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
1) Yes, always has.
2) Only on Amazon app on Samsung UHD player ATM. Matt said there will eventually be support for it though, but don't count on casting with Amazon, you'd need an external device for it.
Not sure about turning off SS on Xbox, I've just left it on. But wouldn't this be easy enough to just check for yourself? The tablet will tell you if HDR is active or not.
3) He just posted that it's going wide open now so you should get it soon regardless. Service check does nothing visually after hitting the button, it's done in the background.
1) I have no idea why the #80 seemed familiar, I must be trippin'!

2) I have yet to setup the Xbox, just wanted to cover my bases so once things are setup I don't run into any minor frustrating hiccups.

Thanks bud!
post #31098 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM707 View Post
sorry to post another, but i can't PM yet.

@Matt McRae

just set up my P75 today. would you be able to add my serial to the list for the updates?

LTMATKBS3050117

Thanks!
Not necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
Many of you have probably noticed... I updated our firmware engine with serial numbers from the list and Pos on Sat, Sun, Monday, Wed and just now. So everyone is up to date... I haven't been posted updates here to try and keep serial number traffic down.

We are opening up the release much broader now so there is not a need to continue sending serials numbers.

And, I am keeping all serial numbers in a separate group in our update engine for future software releases. When our next update hits, I'll come on the forum and let you know the release plan and see if anybody would like to be removed from our early release group.

Matt
post #31099 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman1000 View Post
The P55 C1 uses an IPS panel instead of a VA panel like the rest lf the line up. I had one and returned it because the blacks were horrible. The VA panel on my P65 C1 is much, much better...

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
Blacks were "horrible"? As an owner of the P-55 I can say this statement is simply not true. This set has better blacks than 99% of other TVs in this price range for this size, and not only is it damn good for an IPS, it is damn good compared to many other VA panel TVs due to FALD and the overall quality of this TV. The viewing angles are also incredible and make watching this TV from any angle in your room a joy. Unless you're coming from an OLED or watching this side by side with VA P-series there is no way you'll be disappointed in the blacks and contrast this TV outputs, especially when using the right calibrated settings from AVS. Anyone telling you otherwise is just flat out lying or has already made their mind up with a preconceived notion of what IPS panels look like, and will never be happy with one, in which case I feel bad for them not being able to enjoy a TV as great as this.
pashine, tdwilli1, Furyus and 3 others like this.
post #31100 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenight28 View Post
So I have seen other users complain of the video stuttering. I too am having this issue. I have the P65 and this is my second unit. The first unit did the same thing with the video stuttering but I also had an issue with the picture just cutting in and out all the time so I received a replacement.

I have the Dish Hopper 3 connected to the display and I get the video stuttering on just about everything I watch.
I've got the P65 & Hopper3. Turn Game Low Latency On.

Thanks. I will give that a shot and see how it goes.
post #31101 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 167
anybody notice weird blurring on HDR movies, like Superman: Man of Steel.
buju22 likes this.

LG OLED65B6P. Klipsch: RF82, RC62, RS52, RB61, RP-140SA. SVS PB-U13. Denon 6300H. Oppo 103D. Oppo UPD 203.
post #31102 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
Many of you have probably noticed... I updated our firmware engine with serial numbers from the list and Pos on Sat, Sun, Monday, Wed and just now. So everyone is up to date... I haven't been posted updates here to try and keep serial number traffic down.

We are opening up the release much broader now so there is not a need to continue sending serials numbers.

And, I am keeping all serial numbers in a separate group in our update engine for future software releases. When our next update hits, I'll come on the forum and let you know the release plan and see if anybody would like to be removed from our early release group.

Matt
This guy, this guy is a good guy. Seriously a big factor in why I made the purchase and will continue to support them. Thanks Matt!
rightintel and sadromeo1 like this.
post #31103 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Few questions since i just got the tv..

1. i can't seem to pair my iphone 7. is there a trick or is this bugged?

2. any must have apps for the tablet, other than the typical netflix/vudu/hulu etc.?

3. is there a settings/calibration guide, or does anyone have any tips? What picture modes to use for games? movies?

Anything in general to look out for?
post #31104 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Glad to be apart of the new early release group.

Can't wait for the HDR input lag fix!
post #31105 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

2. any must have apps for the tablet, other than the typical netflix/vudu/hulu etc.?

3. is there a settings/calibration guide, or does anyone have any tips? What picture modes to use for games? movies?

Anything in general to look out for?
Read the first post on this thread for great P series info...

1. The iPhone 6 works well. May be a bug in the new 7.
2. I added the Google cast app and Fast.com from NetFlix for testing.
3. There is a separate P series calibration thread.
post #31106 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1582 Post(s)
Liked: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
1) I have no idea why the #80 seemed familiar, I must be trippin'!

2) I have yet to setup the Xbox, just wanted to cover my bases so once things are setup I don't run into any minor frustrating hiccups.

Thanks bud!
You will still need SS on for the Xbox One S. I have one and it didn't work when I turned it off. I think Matt said that it will always need to be enabled for the Xbox unlike the stand alone players.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Bootnylee likes this.
post #31107 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Been enjoying my set. Tried the p50 settings on the calibration thread and its a nice improvement from reg cal dark. I know every TV is different but it looks mjuch better now for SD content tx chad

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
buju22 likes this.
post #31108 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon11 View Post
Blacks were "horrible"? As an owner of the P-55 I can say this statement is simply not true. This set has better blacks than 99% of other TVs in this price range for this size, and not only is it damn good for an IPS, it is damn good compared to many other VA panel TVs due to FALD and the overall quality of this TV. The viewing angles are also incredible and make watching this TV from any angle in your room a joy. Unless you're coming from an OLED or watching this side by side with VA P-series there is no way you'll be disappointed in the blacks and contrast this TV outputs, especially when using the right calibrated settings from AVS. Anyone telling you otherwise is just flat out lying or has already made their mind up with a preconceived notion of what IPS panels look like, and will never be happy with one, in which case I feel bad for them not being able to enjoy a TV as great as this.
I owned the M55, and now I own the P55, I simply can't tell the difference in the blacks. I'm sure if I tried super hard to get my panties in a bunch by staring at a black screen I could say, oh it's not as dark as an oled. I'll take this fald ips over any edge lit va any day. Like you, I'm loving it and the blacks are just fine.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Daemon11, sadromeo1 and mms_medo like this.
post #31109 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Holy crap Madden 17 looks so damn good on my P65. Just started the free trial. Using the Game preset with FALD on, Clear Action off. Looks better than real life. On input 2, nailing field goals and punts with the "high" input lag too . I seriously don't feel any lag here. Gaming on this TV is crazy. I love it.
DaverJ likes this.
post #31110 of 64337 Old 10-06-2016, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

Do you have a dual band router? If so make sure you are on the same as the P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-65X900E / Sony STRDN1080 / Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 Series / Vizio P55-C1 / Vizio SB4031-D5 / DirecTV Genie (non-4K) / Apple TV 4 / Apple TV 4K / Roku Premiere+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page