Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1048 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288722Likes

post #31411 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidenn86 View Post
I'm only guessing here, but I believe casting requires wifi. Obviously it requires your device to be on wifi, but I believe the tv is what is using the wifi when you're casting. So you wouldn't be able to cast things like Netflix, if I'm guessing correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I don't know why it double posted for me. If it can't cast, that's fine, I'll buy a Roku Premiere+, but I CAN change display settings over Bluetooth?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31412 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_wal View Post
Sorry, I don't know why it double posted for me. If it can't cast, that's fine, I'll buy a Roku Premiere+, but I CAN change display settings over Bluetooth?

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #31413 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 35
iPad Pro 9.7" pairing issue

Hi All,

I STILL can't pair my iPad Pro 9.7" to my P75 over bluetooth. Only works over WiFi.

Has ANYONE else had this issue? Any ideas for resolution? My iPhone 6 works perfectly, as does my Vizio tablet.

I've been through MANY iOS firmware updates and have never seen it work on any of them. Is it just an iPad Pro issue, or is this a problem on ALL Apple tablets?

- Thanx
- Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31414 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Had a weird issue with my replacement P75 a couple days ago:
Had been watching Dish Network for a bit, and decided to cast Star Trek: Beyond via Vudu.
Opened up the Vudu app on the Tablet, but there was no Cast icon available. Tried all the other cast-enabled apps, and none of them would cast.
Rebooted the Tablet, but the issue continued. Powered the display off and back on which still did not resolve the issue.
I could change settings on the display with the Tablet, just couldn't cast.

Restarted the display a second time, and when I did, there was a BLACK VERTICAL LINE, about two inches wide, with soft edges, running the full length of the display, a few inches from the right side. (This is when I started to panic).
Powered the display off a third time, and with the restart, everything seemed normal. (Whew)...
Casting was back, so we watched Star Trek: Beyondv (DV version). It seemed very dark though. I had to crank the backlight.

Anyone else had issues with a black band running down their P series?
post #31415 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2023 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
No Amazon HDR on Roku Ultra Running my new Roku Ultra directly into my P65 I'm only seeing UHD via the tablet display. Netflix shows HDR fine on the Tablet via the Roku. Subsampling On and running a new Monoprice certified 6 ft cable from the Roku Ultra directly into HDMI 2.

Would someone check their Tablet display to see if HDR shows on any Amazon content? Thanks.
post #31416 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2073 Post(s)
Liked: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinms View Post

Yes, it looks like noise to me.

It is very obvious on brighter scenes and especially on white images.

...It's very easy for me to see while watching Luke Cage.

I watched the rest of episode 1, and a few more, and this time it was 4K, since it was after local Midnight.

Pic looked ok and had its 'fine' film grain, but I do not see anything wrong in the brighter and White areas.

Perhaps you can get a pic of that here on the forum?

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #31417 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Did the most recent firmware fix xbox one s HDR issues? Or is that the next firmware update?
post #31418 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2070 Post(s)
Liked: 4261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srycantthnkof1 View Post
Did the most recent firmware fix xbox one s HDR issues? Or is that the next firmware update?
Next firmware is HDR gaming.
post #31419 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srycantthnkof1 View Post
The next one. Here's a link to Matt's posts, it's an easy way to see if you missed any news.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/search...chid=130675121
post #31420 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Yea I just got Gears 4, can't wait to see what it really looks like in hdr

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
post #31421 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
No Amazon HDR on Roku Ultra Running my new Roku Ultra directly into my P65 I'm only seeing UHD via the tablet display. Netflix shows HDR fine on the Tablet via the Roku. Subsampling On and running a new Monoprice certified 6 ft cable from the Roku Ultra directly into HDMI 2.

Would someone check their Tablet display to see if HDR shows on any Amazon content? Thanks.
Are you starting the video correctly? To play HDR from amazon you have to start the movie from the UHD category. That is the only way to get it to play that movie or show with HDR. You can't just search a movie and have it play hdr like on other apps.
post #31422 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1391 Post(s)
Liked: 2279
Quote:
Just to be clear, though: what I can I do over Bluetooth? Change settings? And, this is a long shot, would I be able to Cast over Bluetooth rather than over Wi-Fi?

You'd need wifi to cast Netflix. Netflix can only be streamed over an IP network, not Bluetooth.

The sequence is:

1. You instruct the remote by wifi or Bluetooth to make the connection via a specific web address.
  2. The TV negotiates over wifi with a Netflix server, requesting both a connection and the specific movie/show that you want to watch.
  3. The TV and server set up a connection over wifi to deliver your content.
  4. You watch the movie, in the meanwhile the TV and the server modulate the quality depending on the bandwidth available on your network.

notice after the first step, the remote/cell phone/tablet is out of the picture.

if you can watch Netflix on a PC, I would think you should be able to do it on a TV. If your router/network is filtering that out, you may not be able to.

It is technically feasible, I guess to mirror your table / cell phone over Bluetooth but the data rates are so low and the screen copied would perform badly for a display.
post #31423 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
You'd need wifi to cast Netflix. Netflix can only be streamed over an IP network, not Bluetooth.

The sequence is:

1. You instruct the remote by wifi or Bluetooth to make the connection via a specific web address.
  2. The TV negotiates over wifi with a Netflix server, requesting both a connection and the specific movie/show that you want to watch.
  3. The TV and server set up a connection over wifi to deliver your content.
  4. You watch the movie, in the meanwhile the TV and the server modulate the quality depending on the bandwidth available on your network.

notice after the first step, the remote/cell phone/tablet is out of the picture.

if you can watch Netflix on a PC, I would think you should be able to do it on a TV. If your router/network is filtering that out, you may not be able to.

It is technically feasible, I guess to mirror your table / cell phone over Bluetooth but the data rates are so low and the screen copied would perform badly for a display.
Yeah, this makes sense to me. But if the TV is connected via Ethernet, can the tablet still give it the URL over Bluetooth, and then the actual stream comes in over the Ethernet? As in, even if they're not on the same network, can the Tablet/phone still give the TV the URL for it to stream?
post #31424 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Got the P75-C1 Delivered today. Haven't had much tinker time with it, but saw a bit of Pacific Rim with HDR via Ultra HD Bluray. HOLY MOLY! Man, did the colors POP! And the black level was crazy good. Much improved over the edge lit displays I have seen (and own).. VERY impressed so far.
Bahn Yuki and DaverJ like this.
post #31425 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey @Matt McRae !

I had to get my TV swapped out. Can you please Add my serial for the 2.7 update as well as on the list for the xbox update early? Thank You!

SN: 32LTMATLBS50525 ESN: LTMATLBS3250525

Thanks Again!!
post #31426 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1391 Post(s)
Liked: 2279
Quote:
Yeah, this makes sense to me. But if the TV is connected via Ethernet, can the tablet still give it the URL over Bluetooth, and then the actual stream comes in over the Ethernet? As in, even if they're not on the same network, can the Tablet/phone still give the TV the URL for it to stream?

I don't own the TV, but I would think so.
post #31427 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtechnation View Post
Hey @Matt McRae !

I had to get my TV swapped out. Can you please Add my serial for the 2.7 update as well as on the list for the xbox update early? Thank You!

SN: 32LTMATLBS50525 ESN: LTMATLBS3250525

Thanks Again!!
These posts are no longer necessary. See Matt's most recent post.

Is @thomasfxlt no longer updating the first post?
post #31428 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool2007 View Post
Had a weird issue with my replacement P75 a couple days ago:
Had been watching Dish Network for a bit, and decided to cast Star Trek: Beyond via Vudu.
Opened up the Vudu app on the Tablet, but there was no Cast icon available. Tried all the other cast-enabled apps, and none of them would cast.
Rebooted the Tablet, but the issue continued. Powered the display off and back on which still did not resolve the issue.
I could change settings on the display with the Tablet, just couldn't cast.

Restarted the display a second time, and when I did, there was a BLACK VERTICAL LINE, about two inches wide, with soft edges, running the full length of the display, a few inches from the right side. (This is when I started to panic).
Powered the display off a third time, and with the restart, everything seemed normal. (Whew)...
Casting was back, so we watched Star Trek: Beyondv (DV version). It seemed very dark though. I had to crank the backlight.

Anyone else had issues with a black band running down their P series?

I had exactly the same issue , wouldn't cast, reset , then got this horrendous black vertical line ,which disappeared after a power cycle. Been fine for a week or so ,but scary at the time.
Been all fine since but cannot get into the colour screens anymore , in fact is blocked out . Any suggestions ?
post #31429 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Are you starting the video correctly? To play HDR from amazon you have to start the movie from the UHD category. That is the only way to get it to play that movie or show with HDR. You can't just search a movie and have it play hdr like on other apps.
Thanks. Yes I was aware of the need to "find" the UHD section. So I tried things I'd previously watched in UHD (4K)..WRONG! If you do that Amazon shows your previous UHD version not the HDR version. You have have to find and select it again from scratch.

Unfortunately the Amazon app is strange on the new Rokus, many lines to scroll thru to get to UHD and again like Netflix not all UHD is HDR. It is a trial and error process.

At least I know Amazon HDR works. Here's hoping the App gets better!
post #31430 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.Archer View Post
I had exactly the same issue , wouldn't cast, reset , then got this horrendous black vertical line ,which disappeared after a power cycle. Been fine for a week or so ,but scary at the time.
Been all fine since but cannot get into the colour screens anymore , in fact is blocked out . Any suggestions ?
D.R., Are you on the latest firmware? and were you when you got the black line?

Personally, I don't have any trouble getting to the color calibration screens.
post #31431 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Lushious View Post
These posts are no longer necessary. See Matt's most recent post.

Is @thomasfxlt no longer updating the first post?
You say that but..... I've been patiently waiting for my firmware to update (well as patient as a man who hits "Service Check" each day before turning off the TV) and no luck so far.

I went to do the USB firmware yesterday but have mounted my TV so close to the wall (WAF = through the roof), you can't get to the USB port. Note to self next time I take it off the wall (hopefully years away - run a USB extension cord - probably the one thing I forgot among the necessary and redundant cables I did run.)

Anyway, I PM'd Matt to ask to be added to the list for this firmware and/or the next update.
OHMSEN likes this.

Spoiler!
post #31432 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimpete View Post
You say that but..... I've been patiently waiting for my firmware to update (well as patient as a man who hits "Service Check" each day before turning off the TV) and no luck so far.
Same here, except I saw Matt's post and installed the latest firmware via USB.
Quote:
I went to do the USB firmware yesterday but have mounted my TV so close to the wall (WAF = through the roof), you can't get to the USB port. Note to self next time I take it off the wall (hopefully years away - run a USB extension cord - probably the one thing I forgot among the necessary and redundant cables I did run.)
Hindsight is always 20/20. :-/
post #31433 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Lushious View Post
Hindsight is always 20/20. :-/
Indeed.

This morning though, I was able to get my iPhone to snap a focused shot of the serial number on the back and forwarded it to Matt at Vizio. Maybe he will take pity on me or just leave me to the Vizio firmware gods.

Spoiler!
post #31434 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Ha, I did the upgrade via USB and MY iPad Pro 9.7" JUST, FOR THE FIRST TIME, PAIRED with my P75!!!

Yay!

- Jon
post #31435 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post

Only certain shows on Amazon have HDR. First go to the UHD section, then pick Mad Dogs, Mozarts Jungle, or Red Oaks. There are more shows and movies, but not every UHD movie/show on Amazon has HDR.

65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar, Nvidia Shield, PS4
post #31436 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 5206 Post(s)
Liked: 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.Archer View Post
I also got this vertical black line on the right side of the screen the last time I was making calibration setting changes. It is upsetting but I also unplugged the TV and then plugged it back in and the line was gone. Wonder if this is related to the latest update?

lujan
696 Ultra HD
737 HD
4 SD
post #31437 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buju22 View Post
Only certain shows on Amazon have HDR. First go to the UHD section, then pick Mad Dogs, Mozarts Jungle, or Red Oaks. There are more shows and movies, but not every UHD movie/show on Amazon has HDR.

65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar, Nvidia Shield, PS4
Thanks, it was operator error, calling up previously watched UHD versions not newly reselecting to get the HDR version.
post #31438 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Been a while since I've posted but I can also confirm that I'm getting HDR from Amazon and Netflix from my Roku Ultra.
DaverJ, kemac and Cerebrex like this.
post #31439 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 4096 Post(s)
Liked: 3409
Quote:

Anyway, I PM'd Matt to ask to be added to the list for this firmware and/or the next update.
There's a way to force a network update posted on the firmware page at Vizio.com.
post #31440 of 64739 Old 10-11-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
There's a way to force a network update posted on the firmware page at Vizio.com.
Thanks. I will give that a shot later.

Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page