Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1051 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes

post #31501 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon B View Post
Anyone tried the Mi box yet? May buy one if Apple doesn't get a 4K atv out this year.
Yes, I got the Mi Box last Friday and so far it has many issues that need to be ironed out including no HDR support yet (Upcoming the in Mi Box Andorid 7 Update)
Brandon B likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31502 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 105
In regards to xbox one S and HDR, for any of you playing Forza or Gears 4.... Does HDR show as Yes on the tablet? Gears looks incredible, tried it on inputs 1-4 to test, and all show No for hdr.

One member in the xbox area mentioned that another firmware update is coming to address xbox hdr issues. Hoping that posting here will catch the eye of someone with info. Ive been away from the forum, enjoying whats left of the nice weather. Gears 4 got me to come inside lol.

Gears looks incredible, the lighting definitely has that hdr look to it. Im spoiled after watching so many uhd movies. Just cant figure out why its not showing on tablet
post #31503 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alembicjeff View Post
Hoping I can get some advice on an issue possibly involving the use of ARC with the P65. Since I purchased the panel a couple of months ago, I have been really enjoying disc play from the Samsung UHD player, an OPPO 103, and cable thru the X1 platform.

It was only recently that I started using the P65 to cast from an app (VUDU), which necessitated an upgrade to a new router and a wired Ethernet connection directly to the P65.

All hdmi cables were upgraded with blue jeans 4K "certified" cables, none longer than 7 feet.

I set up, for the first time, my Integra 80.3 pre/pro so that I could use ARC for audio.

With some assistance from VUDU, I was able to cast Pacific Rim in UHD for video and Dolby 5.1+ for audio (I wasn't able to get the "Atmos" audio because I don't have an Atmos setup but was hoping to get Dolby True HD like you do with a disc?). The video looked beautiful and the 5.1+ audio track surprised me because it was very close in impact and power in the bass to the bass I get from the blu-ray disc I have.

I also have the most recent firmware update for the panel.

Now when I attempt to cast, I cannot get any audio, whether it be from VUDU, Crackle, or You Tube. I studied the Integra manual very carefully and tried a multitude of different settings to get ARC to work, but it does not.

I am aware that some owners have reported issues with ARC since the last firmware update, but is anyone else getting NO audio at all? I re-studied the posts on the first page regarding the use of ARC and nothing has helped. Any idea if this is a Vizio issue, Integra issue or something else?

Really would VERY much appreciate any help or suggestions.

THANKS!

Jeff.
I have never been successful using ARC to my Onkyo (before and after the update) although Visio says they have successfully tested with Onkyo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31504 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadrojcote View Post
Same thing as well with me. I'm hardwired and in the middle of the show/movie it will drop down to potato quality even though no other devices on my network are active.
I think you are on to something here. Maybe this has been addressed by others and you could point me in the right direction. My TV is hardwired and I get the same the problem. I do notice that the tablet is constantly pushing traffic up and down and wonder if the tablet is not send the placeholder properly therefore causing intermittent slowdowns. If you have a suggestion for fixing this please let me know.
Thank You
post #31505 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
In the tablet under audio settings what do you have selected for output type. Try bitstream or Dolby digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have selected on the tablet, bitstream (which worked for ARC on Pacific Rim), Dolby Digital, PCM and Auto. None worked.

Subs: 10 x 18" LMS Ultra 5400 in 5 Funk Audio sealed custom cabinets; 5 x Sanway FP14000 amps.
Speakers: Definitive Technology BP7000SC Front; BPVX/P surrounds
Pre/Pro: Marantz 7703; Disc Player: OPPO UDP-203.
Front Amp: Emotiva XPA 2 Gen 2; Surround Amp: XPA 7.
Display: Vizio P65-C1
post #31506 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviev1 View Post
I think you are on to something here. Maybe this has been addressed by others and you could point me in the right direction. My TV is hardwired and I get the same the problem. I do notice that the tablet is constantly pushing traffic up and down and wonder if the tablet is not send the placeholder properly therefore causing intermittent slowdowns. If you have a suggestion for fixing this please let me know.
Thank You
This issue ended up being my service provider at fault. I was dropping my connection.
post #31507 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 8
So my p65 still doesnt have the firmware. is there a way to force it to check for an update? I've tried to do the service check and nothing....
post #31508 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonmandts View Post
In regards to xbox one S and HDR, for any of you playing Forza or Gears 4.... Does HDR show as Yes on the tablet? Gears looks incredible, tried it on inputs 1-4 to test, and all show No for hdr.

One member in the xbox area mentioned that another firmware update is coming to address xbox hdr issues. Hoping that posting here will catch the eye of someone with info. Ive been away from the forum, enjoying whats left of the nice weather. Gears 4 got me to come inside lol.

Gears looks incredible, the lighting definitely has that hdr look to it. Im spoiled after watching so many uhd movies. Just cant figure out why its not showing on tablet
The series cannot display HDR from games on the Xbox currently, a update to rectify this is in the works and expected in Nov.
post #31509 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2823 Post(s)
Liked: 1633
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 View Post
The series cannot display HDR from games on the Xbox currently, a update to rectify this is in the works and expected in Nov.
I saw the patch notes from the recent 2.2 patch that Matt posted. It was supposed to fix stutter and 50hz issues with the Xbox one s. Is that the case or is it supposed to be fixed in the Nov patch? I still cannot receive 50 Hz and have frame stutter with the recent 2.2 patch.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
post #31510 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdewitt357 View Post
So my p65 still doesnt have the firmware. is there a way to force it to check for an update? I've tried to do the service check and nothing....
The firmware is on vizio.com now. Grab a USB stick if you have one, and do it that way.
post #31511 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. So what Im seeing is sdr? Holy hell it looks excellent as is. Did Matt/vizio mention any details as to what the problem is? Odd that uhd movies work fine....

Thanks again.
post #31512 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 299
My tablet and tablet base stopped charging. Assuming it's the cord. Anyone know the best spot to get a replacement?

-Vader
post #31513 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. So what Im seeing is sdr? Holy hell it looks excellent as is. Did Matt/vizio mention any details as to what the problem is? Odd that uhd movies work fine....

Thanks again.
The P Series doesn't support 4:2:0 at 60hz and that's what the Xbox uses for HDR. Matt said the code is already working they just have to integrate it then do testing.
Hyabusha and Aidenn86 like this.
post #31514 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbuchanan813 View Post
Plex will only show 4K if it's a MP4 x265. Otherwise it will transcode it . I am able to play my 4K movies from Plex direct play so no transcoding but I'm using a roku ultra. So you're casting from Plex ? So you have a network with your files which is going to your phone or tablet then casting to your tv? I don't think Plex will pull 4K from that . Too much transcoding going on .
It sounds like you're playing the file on the Roku Ultra and just sending that as a 4K signal over HDMI, right? I'm looking to cast a file from my network to the TV, not play it on a different machine and send a video signal. I can use the Plex app on my server to serve files, and the Ultracast android app to cast a file from Plex to the TV, without transcoding. This works on 1080p files, but I can't get any 4k/HDR files to cast to the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post
hmm, don't know what to tell you. I didn't have to do any configuration for 4k playback this way. Confirmed 4k via the tablet and definitely not transcoding, as my computer wouldn't handle that.
So you've got the Plex app running on a server, and you are using Ultracast to cast a 4K file direct to the TV through the TV's network connection, right?
post #31515 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Anyone else seeing variable audio sync issues? Watching Star Trek original series blu-ray from Oppo 103 through an Onkyo PR SC885 processor, and the sync would go from being ~200ms off to being pretty much fine, on scenes that were a minute apart, without me touching anything. Settings are all per Shoman's calibration values.

Every couple of days I adjust it, and then it seems to change. Didn't realize it was changing that randomly until now.
post #31516 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiin View Post
It sounds like you're playing the file on the Roku Ultra and just sending that as a 4K signal over HDMI, right? I'm looking to cast a file from my network to the TV, not play it on a different machine and send a video signal. I can use the Plex app on my server to serve files, and the Ultracast android app to cast a file from Plex to the TV, without transcoding. This works on 1080p files, but I can't get any 4k/HDR files to cast to the TV.

So you've got the Plex app running on a server, and you are using Ultracast to cast a 4K file direct to the TV through the TV's network connection, right?

Yea what I'm saying is you are essentially casting twice . You have your server with the 4K file.. what type of file ? Then you're choosing that file from what device ? Phone or tablet ? Then you're casting the file from the server to your tv ? Or are you casting directly from the server to tv? I hate casting and do not use it but rather I have a roku ultra and I use Plex . It plays my 4K files with hdr . I am using direct play so no transcoding is taking place .

post #31517 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:

the app I use for that is Localcast, but yes. The video file is in plex, and all Localcast is doing is tapping in to the plex share via DLNA. It's casting direct as far as I can tell. Tablet reports 4k and like I said, my media server is ancient so any 4k transcoding would bring it to it's knees. The video plays perfectly so it's definitely playing direct.

Sony 55X900e
Vizio P50-C1 - My Calibration Settings
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #31518 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Hi guys,

I think this has probably been answered already, I've searched the thread and found lots of info about picture modes, but not anything that answers this exact question:

Let's say I take the calibrated picture mode with no changes and save it to a custom picture mode. Will it function just like calibrated mode does with respect to DV and HDR10? The reason I ask is because I see shoman has calibrated his P75 using one set of settings for DV and another for HDR10. It would seem ridiculous to make those changes every time you were watching one or the other. I assume that saving calibrated mode unchanged into a custom picture mode would have the same functionality as calibrated mode does, but want to be sure. Thanks!
post #31519 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon B View Post
Anyone else seeing variable audio sync issues? Watching Star Trek original series blu-ray from Oppo 103 through an Onkyo PR SC885 processor, and the sync would go from being ~200ms off to being pretty much fine, on scenes that were a minute apart, without me touching anything. Settings are all per Shoman's calibration values.

Every couple of days I adjust it, and then it seems to change. Didn't realize it was changing that randomly until now.
I have noticed I had to turn off HDMI lip sync on my Marantz 5010 AVR on all sources with the P-65, or it would drift....except when streaming Amazon HDR on the Samsung UHD player. Then I have to have it on or else.
post #31520 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis2 View Post
I have noticed I had to turn off HDMI lip sync on my Marantz 5010 AVR on all sources with the P-65, or it would drift....except when streaming Amazon HDR on the Samsung UHD player. Then I have to have it on or else.
I have a Onkyo TX-NR646, and I have to turn Auto Lip Sync off for streaming content and on for HDMI content. If I leave it on for streaming, it gets more and more out of sync every time I pause and resume.
post #31521 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daravelli View Post
Hi guys,

I think this has probably been answered already, I've searched the thread and found lots of info about picture modes, but not anything that answers this exact question:

Let's say I take the calibrated picture mode with no changes and save it to a custom picture mode. Will it function just like calibrated mode does with respect to DV and HDR10? The reason I ask is because I see shoman has calibrated his P75 using one set of settings for DV and another for HDR10. It would seem ridiculous to make those changes every time you were watching one or the other. I assume that saving calibrated mode unchanged into a custom picture mode would have the same functionality as calibrated mode does, but want to be sure. Thanks!

You'd be fine . Some people on here have to have every setting absolutely perfect . I've watched both dv and hdr10 with the same pic settings and it looks phenomenal .

post #31522 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
My tablet and tablet base stopped charging. Assuming it's the cord. Anyone know the best spot to get a replacement?

-Vader
I believe the USB cord for the base is a pretty standard USB power type cable. The one from my Samsung Galaxy 7 fits so pretty much any place that carries those type cables should have a replacement.

If you want to replace the base there are plenty wireless chargers out there from Amazon that work with the Vizio tablet.
post #31523 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
the app I use for that is Localcast, but yes. The video file is in plex, and all Localcast is doing is tapping in to the plex share via DLNA. It's casting direct as far as I can tell. Tablet reports 4k and like I said, my media server is ancient so any 4k transcoding would bring it to it's knees. The video plays perfectly so it's definitely playing direct.
This is what I'm trying to do, so it's good to know it's possible. If you happen to know what codecs your 4k files are encoded with, that would be super helpful for me!
post #31524 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3848 Post(s)
Liked: 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post

-Vader
So wireless charging doesn't work, have you tried plugging the tablet in? You use the same cable that connects to the base and plug it directly.
If that fails use any micro-USB cable.
post #31525 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2030 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

...Have you tried plugging the tablet in?

He said "Tablet and Tablet Base", so it's not charging either way.

It could be the cord or the charger itself if he's using the USB/AC Charger Block.

Or if it was by USB power, then he could try using the AC Block Charger and see what happens.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #31526 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1569 Post(s)
Liked: 906
Just got my Roku Ultra setup and it works flawlessly. No issues setting it up and the picture looks great!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
DaverJ and buju22 like this.
post #31527 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
Just got my Roku Ultra setup and it works flawlessly. No issues setting it up and the picture looks great!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea really loving it . It's what the roku 4 was supposed to be .

post #31528 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Quote:
This is what I'm trying to do, so it's good to know it's possible. If you happen to know what codecs your 4k files are encoded with, that would be super helpful for me!
I have kodi installed on the vizio tablet. I am able to cast 4k movies using local cast. It's really finicky though. Not all titles will cast and sometimes when they do it stutters really bad. But I have watched full movies in 4k.
post #31529 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Roku Premium+ (HDR version) Issue:

Ok so let me go over my settings and maybe someone can see what the issue is. First, I'm getting no picture if I run it through my reciever AFTER I tried to play Daredevil Season 1 Episode 1 on Neflix HDR version. Here's my setup:

1. Pioneer VSX-90
2. Setting on HDMI 1 is for either 4:4:4 or 4:2:0, won't matter, no video. I get audio just fine. The video worked UNTIL I tried to watch an HDR program on Netflix, then it just went to audio only, no video.
3. Setting on ROKU (this worked before I tried to watch something in HDR on Netflix mind you as it was running through the reciever prior to the video going POOF) is for 4K UHD HDR TV.

I now have the Roku going into my p75 directly and it seems fine, but no Atmos through ARC correct?

Appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks!
post #31530 of 64109 Old 10-12-2016, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2823 Post(s)
Liked: 1633
Apologies if this gets double posted.

My P65 is on firmware 2.2.7.4

According to the patch notes Xbox one s stuttering and 50hz option were supposed to be fixed. Both are still not fixed or improved on my end. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page