Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1082 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes

post #32431 of 64109 Old 10-25-2016, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 View Post
Brightness is between 35 and 50 depending on the source and picture setting, but my Backlight is at 100.my room is bright as the sun most days and anything below 70 just looks way to dark for me
In the bright light you got there's not much you can do then. It's just a side effect of of the back lighting setup. I retreated to my basement since my wife and kids have invaded and conquered all other rooms in the house. So I got total light control.

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X6300H
HTD Level 3 Left/Center/Right, Micca COVO-S for Surrounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32432 of 64109 Old 10-25-2016, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 View Post
Gotcha, I have it set it at 100
Is that the back light or brightness setting? 100 on either of them is really really high. My back light is 15 and my brightness is 45 and I may turn it down even more
I don't understand how people have the backlight so low. The picture starts to look dull that low. I have mine at like 70 in a pitch black room and it looks fantastic. When I turn it down, the bright areas aren't as vibrant and it looks like I'm watching it with sun glasses on.
dominica and toonj64 like this.
post #32433 of 64109 Old 10-25-2016, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
I don't understand how people have the backlight so low. The picture starts to look dull that low. I have mine at like 70 in a pitch black room and it looks fantastic. When I turn it down, the bright areas aren't as vibrant and it looks like I'm watching it with sun glasses on.
I dunno man, when the backlight is anything over 30 your blacks get all washed out and your whites get crushed. I feel in generally most people like their picture to be way to bright. No accounting for taste i guess, some people put sugar in red sauce and swear it tastes good.

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X6300H
HTD Level 3 Left/Center/Right, Micca COVO-S for Surrounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32434 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 04:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby james View Post
I honestly couldn't see any difference in the m and p but they were both running a really bad demo. Is the wide color gamut and 10 bit really a big difference?
From the reviews I've read (including Rtings, which is very reputable), when watching non-HDR content, the picture quality of the M-Series and the P-Series is very similar. Now the P-Series does have more "active zones" (twice the amount), so that will help contrast levels in all content to a point, but unless you are watching HDR-enabled content, my understanding is that they will both look very similar.

Currently, there is very little HDR-enabled content, but that should be changing in the next few years. I too was trying to decide between the M- and P-series and ended up going with the M-series. Basically, I could get a 70" M-series for the same price as a 65" P-Series (actually, it was a little cheaper for the 70" M-series).

Something that concerned me about the P-Series were reports of uniformity issues (more so than the M-Series).

I like the M-series, but the main issue I have with the M-series is that I see significant "banding while panning" when viewing even at slight angles (especially during football, hockey, soccer, etc). My understanding is that the P-series will have the same "issue" - apparently, this is an issue with most FALD sets. I may even end up returning my M70-D3 and go with an edge-lit Samsung KS8000 because of this issue - unfortunately, Vizio does not have a current edge-lit set available.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
post #32435 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have a question. I was checking picture settings on my P-75, and it says film mode off. When I press it, no options come up. I can change everything else except that. Any idea why that option is locked?
post #32436 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
From the reviews I've read (including Rtings, which is very reputable), when watching non-HDR content, the picture quality of the M-Series and the P-Series is very similar. Now the P-Series does have more "active zones" (twice the amount), so that will help contrast levels in all content to a point, but unless you are watching HDR-enabled content, my understanding is that they will both look very similar.

Currently, there is very little HDR-enabled content, but that should be changing in the next few years. I too was trying to decide between the M- and P-series and ended up going with the M-series. Basically, I could get a 70" M-series for the same price as a 65" P-Series (actually, it was a little cheaper for the 70" M-series).

Something that concerned me about the P-Series were reports of uniformity issues (more so than the M-Series).

I like the M-series, but the main issue I have with the M-series is that I see significant "banding while panning" when viewing even at slight angles (especially during football, hockey, soccer, etc). My understanding is that the P-series will have the same "issue" - apparently, this is an issue with most FALD sets. I may even end up returning my M70-D3 and go with an edge-lit Samsung KS8000 because of this issue - unfortunately, Vizio does not have a current edge-lit set available.

Yes all FALDs as well as most LCD have the banding/DSE/uniformity issue to some degree. REALLY rethink getting an edge lit! As annoying as it while panning, edge lit issues are WAY worst than anything you can see on a FALD
post #32437 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
Yes all FALDs as well as most LCD have the banding/DSE/uniformity issue to some degree. REALLY rethink getting an edge lit! As annoying as it while panning, edge lit issues are WAY worst than anything you can see on a FALD
See, that's where I disagree. The set that I'm "replacing" (actually, it's just moving to the bedroom) is a 3 or 4 year old Vizio M3D550SL (which is edge lit) and I've been EXTREMELY happy with that TV. No banding issues whatsoever (or DSE for that matter) and viewing from a slight angle doesn't seem to affect the picture colors as much as on the M70. Sure, the blacks aren't as black, but to me, I'd rather get rid of the banding issue and have not-so-deep blacks. Hopefully, I just got a "bad" M70, but I have a feeling that's not the case. I have an exchange unit coming tomorrow, so we'll see.

To be completely honest, I've been "underwhelmed" by the whole "4k" thing - I was expecting more. The biggest issue is lack of 4k content. Hopefully, 4k content will start becoming more commonplace. But until I can get 4k cable streams, I don't think 4k is really much of an upgrade. Yeah, the 4k "demos" look great, but until I can get that picture quality via cable, it's more of a "play thing"...

One of the main reasons that I upgraded to a larger TV was to have a bigger screen for football and hockey - which is where you see the banding issue the most - and it drives me absolutely crazy. But I also see it in just about ALL types of programming - just not as much as in football and hockey. Makes me wonder if I made a mistake in "upgrading" - and is why I'm considering go back to edge-lit - I was perfectly happy with the picture quality of my 55" edge-lit Vizio!

I guess it all depends on what what you watch and what's more important to you - deep blacks or the lack of banding/DSE....

Last edited by jtrosky; 10-26-2016 at 06:23 AM.
post #32438 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 432
My Marantz AV7703 is scheduled to arrive today. Very eager to see if I get any different behavior with ARC and HDMI signal integrity with the P75 compared to the 7702mkII.
Alembicjeff likes this.
post #32439 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1780 Post(s)
Liked: 4043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit85 View Post
I dunno man, when the backlight is anything over 30 your blacks get all washed out and your whites get crushed. I feel in generally most people like their picture to be way to bright. No accounting for taste i guess, some people put sugar in red sauce and swear it tastes good.
The age-old conflict of those that prefer precision and accuracy vs. others that prefer "pop" and "fun". The same basic discussion is often had over bass levels on a audio system.

I remember a piano tuner talking about perfectly tuning a client's home piano, but the client was dissatisfied. "It's not that beautiful piano sound I love...". The tuner knew exactly what she wanted, and knocked the higher register's doubled and tripled strings slightly out of tune, creating that chorusy double-tracked sound. "THAT'S it!"
post #32440 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 320
I've been auditioning a P50 and I'm stuck on DIRECTV content. Yes, I realize it isn't a great bit of quality content, but it is my source for sports and some TV shows. This display looks so much worse than my old Kuro. Sure, UHD disks and even Blu-ray and some streaming look great.. as do games. But I don't know if I can get past the lower quality source handling. Even my couple year old Sony 4K set is better.

Hockey is just atrocious.

I'm wondering if any offboard video processing would help clean things up, maybe even something as simple as the upcoming Oppo UHD player.
post #32441 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
See, that's where I disagree. The set that I'm "replacing" (actually, it's just moving to the bedroom) is a 3 or 4 year old Vizio M3D550SL (which is edge lit) and I've been EXTREMELY happy with that TV. No banding issues whatsoever (or DSE for that matter) and viewing from a slight angle doesn't seem to affect the picture colors as much as on the M70. Sure, the blacks aren't as black, but to me, I'd rather get rid of the banding issue and have not-so-deep blacks. Hopefully, I just got a "bad" M70, but I have a feeling that's not the case. I have an exchange unit coming tomorrow, so we'll see.

To be completely honest, I've been "underwhelmed" by the whole "4k" thing - I was expecting more. The biggest issue is lack of 4k content. Hopefully, 4k content will start becoming more commonplace. But until I can get 4k cable streams, I don't think 4k is really much of an upgrade. Yeah, the 4k "demos" look great, but until I can get that picture quality via cable, it's more of a "play thing"...

One of the main reasons that I upgraded to a larger TV was to have a bigger screen for football and hockey - which is where you see the banding issue the most - and it drives me absolutely crazy. But I also see it in just about ALL types of programming - just not as much as in football and hockey. Makes me wonder if I made a mistake in "upgrading" - and is why I'm considering go back to edge-lit - I was perfectly happy with the picture quality of my 55" edge-lit Vizio!

I guess it all depends on what what you watch and what's more important to you - deep blacks or the lack of banding/DSE....

I have the 50" Pseries. The DSE is barely noticeable. And I watch a lot of football / hockey, which is normally killer in terms of exposing these issues. Now....I had to go through 2 sets to get one that was good, so yes, it's definitely an issue. But for the picture quality, I'd trade mild DSE any day.
toonj64 likes this.
post #32442 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I'm not talking less stellar blacks with edge lit (that one is a given), I'm talking VERY bad uniformity overall especially in darker tones, CORNER FLASHLIGHTING (uuugghghhhhh!!) and often cloudy blotches here and there.
And to put it simply, you got an M that was particularly bad and that M3D550SL you had was particularly good. LCDs, no matter who makes them can be a good or bad panel no matter what model it is. It very truly is a lottery but no one knows what the odds really are....
post #32443 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsg View Post
I've been auditioning a P50 and I'm stuck on DIRECTV content. Yes, I realize it isn't a great bit of quality content, but it is my source for sports and some TV shows. This display looks so much worse than my old Kuro. Sure, UHD disks and even Blu-ray and some streaming look great.. as do games. But I don't know if I can get past the lower quality source handling. Even my couple year old Sony 4K set is better.

Hockey is just atrocious.

I'm wondering if any offboard video processing would help clean things up, maybe even something as simple as the upcoming Oppo UHD player.
Garbage in, garbage out... but seriously Vizio doesnt do well at all with bad sources. I doubt an additional processor would help a whole lot
post #32444 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblakeney View Post
I have the 50" Pseries. The DSE is barely noticeable. And I watch a lot of football / hockey, which is normally killer in terms of exposing these issues. Now....I had to go through 2 sets to get one that was good, so yes, it's definitely an issue. But for the picture quality, I'd trade mild DSE any day.
Yeah, general DSE isn't bad on my M-series - it's there, but not a huge deal. It's the banding when viewed from even minor angles that is killing me.

So are you saying that your 1st P-series had banding issues and the 2nd didn't? From my research, I came to the conclusion that banding issues are just "the way it is" with FALD sets. But is it possible to get a set without banding issues?

Like I said, I can live with the minor DSE - I hardly even notice it - but the banding is my major gripe. And what's strange (to me, at least) is that head-on, there is very little banding - it's only when you are viewing at an angle (even a very minor angle) where it really annoys me. Unfortunately, having everyone sit directly in front of the TV just isn't realistic in my house. Basically, there is a couch that my wife occupies (directly in front of TV) and there is a loveseat off to the side, which is my preferred "piece of furniture" while "laying around the house". And viewing from the loveseat, the banding is just horrible.

You can even watch the banding issue "appear" on the grey test screens - it's generally fine head-on, but as you move towards the side of the TV, the bands just start "appearing".

I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow when my replacement M-series gets here...

post #32445 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, general DSE isn't bad on my M-series - it's there, but not a huge deal. It's the banding when viewed from even minor angles that is killing me.

So are you saying that your 1st P-series had banding issues and the 2nd didn't? From my research, I came to the conclusion that banding issues are just "the way it is" with FALD sets. But is it possible to get a set without banding issues?

Like I said, I can live with the minor DSE - I hardly even notice it - but the banding is my major gripe. And what's strange (to me, at least) is that head-on, there is very little banding - it's only when you are viewing at an angle (even a very minor angle) where it really annoys me. Unfortunately, having everyone sit directly in front of the TV just isn't realistic in my house. Basically, there is a couch that my wife occupies (directly in front of TV) and there is a loveseat off to the side, which is my preferred "piece of furniture" while "laying around the house". And viewing from the loveseat, the banding is just horrible.

You can even watch the banding issue "appear" on the grey test screens - it's generally fine head-on, but as you move towards the side of the TV, the bands just start "appearing".

I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow when my replacement M-series gets here...

Why aren't you posting in the M thread?
post #32446 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Dolby atmos just announced for Xbox one S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #32447 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Here are some examples of the motion issues that I took from The Wire and Gold Rush:

The fast panning shots are the worst. But even when people are moving the arms in Gold Rush it's very visible...

And of course, it's much more noticeable in person as well.
I checked "The Wire" last night - the action scene with the bust going down.

On my Dish Network HBO On Demand, it was Vertical of 60 but looked and played ok - no motion issues that I could see although that scene is using a hand-held camera and is not particularly smooth (deliberately).

I then checked it on HBO GO cast and it was 30 for Vertical. It looked a tiny bit better (different or less compression?) but the motion looked about the same. One other noticeable difference was that HBO Go was Dolby Digital Plus while my satellite box was just stereo for sound. Definitely sounded better when cast but that's not really helpful to your issue.

Anyway, on my P75 with latest firmware, I did not see any motion issues whatsoever.

Spoiler!
post #32448 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

I have the P50 as well and i do notice the banding also, however it is not very frequent, mostly on some type of scenes, watching football and i hockey i don't really notice almoat anything. I am posting a picture of my screen on a grey uniformity test, to compare.

post #32449 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordj View Post
I do. This conversation came about after someone asked about the differences between the M- and P- series. I gave my opinion on the matter and that conversation turned into this. :-)

The M- and P-series are actually very similar in a lot of aspects, so sometimes conversations about the 2 overlap.

post #32450 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Quote:
I do. This conversation came about after someone asked about the differences between the M- and P- series. I gave my opinion on the matter and that conversation turned into this. :-)

The M- and P-series are actually very similar in a lot of aspects, so sometimes conversations about the 2 overlap.

Have you read the Mod alert on the very first page?

*** MODERATOR'S NOTE:

OWNERS ONLY!!

This thread is now exclusively for current owners of the Vizio P-series sets. If you do not own the set, do not post here. This is NOT the thread for comparisons or help-me-choose questions. For those, start a new post or find an existing post. The same members will see it, trust me. *****
post #32451 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidenn86 View Post
Dolby atmos just announced for Xbox one S.

It is support for Audio. The Xbox one will be able to do bitstream audio. Hopefully they fix the Vizio/Xbox issues in the next firmware.

http://www.windowscentral.com/dolby-...reators-update
post #32452 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I am getting to be a wits end with this TV. I previously had a bad unit that I had replaced a month after receiving because of display issues that I posted pictures of here. I have been having some issues with casting and the unit keeping connected to the network, and so I've been going through and troubleshooting that. I understand glitches like that and have no problem working on them. After I tried everything and the problem persisted, I opted for the factory reset of the TV. Upon doing so, when it came back up, it had a vertical bar down an area on the right side. I saw it once before, and it went away, so I didn't think anything of it.

It stayed on the screen throughout setup, and that portion of the screen was unreadable. Once completed with the setup, the bar still stayed on the screen. I powered down the TV and powered it back up and it went away and all appears okay.

I cannot believe that this is yet another potential defect in my 2nd display. I have not called Vizio on this, as the issue went away, but this is the 2nd time I saw this in the same exact spot, so I imagine it will appear more frequently as time goes on. Very, very annoyed, as this replacement is under 3 weeks old.
post #32453 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Have you read the Mod alert on the very first page?

*** MODERATOR'S NOTE:

OWNERS ONLY!!

This thread is now exclusively for current owners of the Vizio P-series sets. If you do not own the set, do not post here. This is NOT the thread for comparisons or help-me-choose questions. For those, start a new post or find an existing post. The same members will see it, trust me. *****
No, I can't say that I did see that. If that's the case, then this whole line of discussion is apparently "illegal" then (since the original poster was a prospective owner, not a current owner). So I suppose the mod can go ahead and delete the majority of last few pages of discussion. :-)

It's a shame, actually, as I think we were actually making progress on the motion issues (which affect both the M- and P-series) since the last firmware update. Oh well, for the P-series owners that I was working with on the motion issues, please feel free to come over to the M-series thread to discuss further - we'd be glad to have ya! <sigh>

post #32454 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx77 View Post
I have a question. I was checking picture settings on my P-75, and it says film mode off. When I press it, no options come up. I can change everything else except that. Any idea why that option is locked?
If you have Game Low Latency On, Film mode will turn off. I find GLL on more useful for stopping stutter than Film Mode.
DaverJ and reallynotnick like this.
post #32455 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post
I only just now discovered that the 50 inch VA panel has a refresh rate of 60, while the 55 has 120hz but replaces the panel with IPS. Only 65 and 75 get both 120 and VA.

But my other question is, for ex, the 80" new M series is 240 hz? Why?
Maybe due to less zones the 240hz is needed to stabilize the picture. The hz of the TV seem to effect the FALD algorithm one way or another.
post #32456 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
My Marantz AV7703 is scheduled to arrive today. Very eager to see if I get any different behavior with ARC and HDMI signal integrity with the P75 compared to the 7702mkII.

I am VERY interested in what your findings are on mating the P65, which I also own, with the 7703 regarding any ARC issues.

Thanks,

Jeff.

Subs: 10 x 18" LMS Ultra 5400 in 5 Funk Audio sealed custom cabinets; 5 x Sanway FP14000 amps.
Speakers: Definitive Technology BP7000SC Front; BPVX/P surrounds
Pre/Pro: Marantz 7703; Disc Player: OPPO UDP-203.
Front Amp: Emotiva XPA 2 Gen 2; Surround Amp: XPA 7.
Display: Vizio P65-C1
post #32457 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
"Credits at the end, unless your reading them for fun,
help expose some of the TVs quirks such as the
horrid FALD algorithm in the P50."

Horrid? If the by-product of ALZ is having 'flickering'
credits, I don't mind. If you're having 'Pulsing' issues
during content, either your Display is faulty or you are
quite sensitive to ALZ. While ALZ is not a perfect
science, it's working much better for me than it did
with the 2014 P-Series.

"Now the pulsing FALD issue that will never be fixed
because the P50 is only 60hz is another issue entirely."

I'm not aware of any ALZ issue being tied the 60Hz
Displays. Tell me more.

"And to suggest shutting off Active LED on a TV
that is made for using it at all times for the most
part, is NOT a suggestion at all."

"
I appreciate the "suggestion" but that's not much of a fix,
as it completely ruins the reason you buy a FALD set."

Woah. Slow down. While I replied back to you, replies are
also the benefit of others, too. I also replied back to someone
who first asked about the credit-flicker.

If anyone else likes to 'de-flicker' the credits, the two ways
I know of are:

a) TEMPORARILY use a higher Reduce Judder setting.
b) TEMPORARILY turn-off ALZ.

"Like its been said a million times before,
if I have to turn off Active LED for most
things with the P50 so they don't flicker or
pulsate into place then there is no reason to
own a FALD [Display], [might] as well get
edge-lit or direct-lit (if anyone still makes those)."

A million times? I thought is was a billion? (Checking...)
Oh, so it was only a million. My bad.

If you Display is faulty or if today's Vizio ALZ is not to
your liking, then you have some choices/decisions on what
to do about it. I have yet to see any up-front, obvious ALZ
pulsing or the like. The main problem is the motion issue.

"Vizios biggest mistake with the 2016 P-Series
IMO, was making the P50 only 60hz when the
2014 P50 was 120hz. Too many zones for a
60hz TV to handle."

I had the 2014 P50. It's a native, 60Hz TV just like this year's
P50.

Long story short...if I have to even temporarily shut off ALZ for my tv to work properly there is literally no point in owning this TV. Basically what your saying is in order to compensate for the faulty algorithm Vizio put into the P50, I should accommodate it by just giving into the faulty algorithm by turning off ALZ when I feel it should be turned off. There has been multiple reports by P50 owners, one who is getting a refund for this exact issue and was seen on all the exchanged P50 Vizio has sent to him, about pulsing issues which do not seem to be present on the larger sized models. So no this is not an issue of a "faulty" TV or "defect," it is inherit to this size it seems only. The P50 is the worst of the series due to this fact alone. Serves good when content it focusing on one shot with the camera but as soon as it changes scenes BOOM pulsing.

I wasn't discrediting your suggestion but that "suggestion" has been beaten like a dead horse in here. There is no fix for the P50, you either save money and deal with it by going with the P50 (if you know this information beforehand or if it shows before your return period is over, for me I did not know nor see either before my period was up) if you know pulsing will exist no matter what with the P50, at least do yourself a favor and get at least the P55.
The 2014-15 Vizio P series had two models apparently...P50 B1E was 120hz native. The B1 was 60hz.
Bahn Yuki likes this.
post #32458 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
what kind of flickering, I don't have flickering in any manner and I have the same model.
The flickering is similar to the ones shown in the video posted a page or two back. In person, or at least for my set, it's more intense flickering or pulsing and goes on for almost 5 seconds at times. As far as settings go, I'm on the latest firmware and running your calibration settings.

I don't think the issue is affecting all sets, but it sucks since I'm a month or two past the return policy.

There's times where it would happen pretty consistently.. I'll see if I can capture a video of the next time that happens.

Thanks!
post #32459 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
I think the casting feature is a little more limited on iDevices than it is on Android devices. With an Android device, you can actually cast the phones screen as well as cast from the Android Photos app, etc. I don't have an iDevice, so I'm not 100% sure, but that's what it seems like from that video.

Also, while you can cast your screen from an Android device, it's not very good. It's very slow and "delayed". I wouldn't think you can play games that way like that guy in the video mentions. But it is useful for some things, such as browing netflix with others in the room and using non-game apps on the TV (that don't have a built-in casting option).

I have a high level contact up at Vizio. He said:

"For other items on phones or tablets I use All Cast which will play any movies or photos from the tablets on the screen.
One the popular ones I’ve seen that some of the agents are using is Bubble Upnp which apparently works well but I’ve not tested it.
Plex being fairly easy to setup works without issues on Cast models, I’ve thrown every file type at it in every container and it works no problem including 4k Files. I’ll talk to our online Knowledge base manager and have him update the articles around cast.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #32460 of 64109 Old 10-26-2016, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Costco USA now has the P Series all 4 sizes At least online if you search their website for vizio1026 Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page