Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1108 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes

post #33211 of 64109 Old 11-10-2016, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominica View Post
The Manual on page 147

to get to the option page 145

http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset...asset_id=65390

Absolutely Badass! Dominica - Big Huge Thank You to you Man! Seriously.

That did it!!! You can always learn something new, Thank you for taking the time to look into that for me. I was at my limit after a long day and posting the link to manual really helped.

I'm happy now.

AVSForum WINS Again.

Tyson
DaverJ, mcholthaus, OHMSEN and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33212 of 64109 Old 11-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyscherb View Post
Absolutely Badass! Dominica - Big Huge Thank You to you Man! Seriously.

That did it!!! You can always learn something new, Thank you for taking the time to look into that for me. I was at my limit after a long day and posting the link to manual really helped.

I'm happy now.

AVSForum WINS Again.

Tyson
Anytime.. we are all around to help each other.

Make sure you save the manual . The Yamaha is now set to go up to 18Gbps. If you are having any drop out of video or audio try turning off ARC first before changing cables.. However it sound like you are good to go with mode 1 video setting on the Yam.

Last edited by dominica; 11-10-2016 at 10:58 PM.
post #33213 of 64109 Old 11-10-2016, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked: 1117
Where's the off screen pics? Not a lot just a couple would be nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33214 of 64109 Old 11-10-2016, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by abouttreefitty View Post
Now I tried hooking my old PS4 up and I get a black screen with audio. I feel like I'm in a bad dream.
Turned off the PS4, pulled the power cord, plugged it back in, and I got video back. I put the PS4 Pro back in the box for now. If I screw around with it any more tonight I'm going to wind up smashing it with a hammer.
post #33215 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 03:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by scitek View Post
I can confirm the PS4 Pro outputs 4:2:2 and HDR works fine with the P-series.
So we should set to YUV not RGB?

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
post #33216 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hooked up my PS4 Pro yesterday, get a black screen and no sound on my P65 when trying to get the Pro to output in either of the 2160p modes.

I switched to 1080p so I could access the TV Information section on the PS4 Pro and it said:

HDR: not supported
HDCP: 1.4

Cables should be fine, they are 6 foot runs of Amazon Basics high-speed cables. I run everything through my Denon AVR-S710w to HDMI1 which can fully passthrough hdmi 2.0/hdcp 2.2/4k60hz.

I have other devices that are 4k60hz that run through the AVR with no issue (my 4k STB, my Nvidia Shield).

Not sure what's going on.

Things I've tried:
- Turning subsampling on/off on P65
- Enabling/Disabling HDCP on the PS4 Pro
- Turning HDR setting on PS4 Pro both off/on

All instances result in 'No Signal' black screen on the P65, no sound gets through either.

Anybody else having issues?
post #33217 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 05:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2104 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
I can almost guarantee people having issue with the PS4 and the P-sreies are having cable issues. I had the same problem when I was using "cheap" cables with my AVR and the series. Try some new cables.

Amazon basic cables did not work for me.
post #33218 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I can almost guarantee people having issue with the PS4 and the P-sreies are having cable issues. I had the same problem when I was using "cheap" cables with my AVR and the series. Try some new cables.

Amazon basic cables did not work for me.
Any recommendations? Blue Jeans Cable?
post #33219 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2104 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmvp View Post
Try blue jean cables or audio quest. If it works great. I just know that was my issue when I originally bought the k8500 UHD player. I thought it was an issue with the player or AVR. Nope, it was the cables. First time in my life that I actually had to spend the extra money on quality cables. I always thought it was a myth.
SandstormGT likes this.
post #33220 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominica View Post
Anytime.. we are all around to help each other.

Make sure you save the manual . The Yamaha is now set to go up to 18Gbps. If you are having any drop out of video or audio try turning off ARC first before changing cables.. However it sound like you are good to go with mode 1 video setting on the Yam.
Not sure why Yamaha just didn't enable that as default!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #33221 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6523 Post(s)
Liked: 6238
Quote:
Hooked up my PS4 Pro yesterday, get a black screen and no sound on my P65 when trying to get the Pro to output in either of the 2160p modes.

I switched to 1080p so I could access the TV Information section on the PS4 Pro and it said:

HDR: not supported

HDCP: 1.4

Cables should be fine, they are 6 foot runs of Amazon Basics high-speed cables. I run everything through my Denon AVR-S710w to HDMI1 which can fully passthrough hdmi 2.0/hdcp 2.2/4k60hz.

I have other devices that are 4k60hz that run through the AVR with no issue (my 4k STB, my Nvidia Shield).

Not sure what's going on.

Things I've tried:

- Turning subsampling on/off on P65

- Enabling/Disabling HDCP on the PS4 Pro

- Turning HDR setting on PS4 Pro both off/on

All instances result in 'No Signal' black screen on the P65, no sound gets through either.

Anybody else having issues?

Just a thought, but the 1st thing you should try is bypassing the AVR. If it works bypassing the AVR (direct connection) then most likely it is something in the AVR or one of the cables between PS4Pro AVR and TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
htwaits, shoman94 and SandstormGT like this.
post #33222 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
So - my PS4 Pro will only display in YUV and not RGB, as it says RGB is "not supported." This isn't the problem for me; when I go to video display or whatever it is, it says "HDR Supported: up to 2K." What's going on? This is the same HDMI port and cable that does full HDR 4K on my Roku Premiere+.
post #33223 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I came here looking for an answer to a problem I was having. Reading here identified the problem, but it took some trial and error and looking at a Vizio press release to find the right settings, so I thought I might post exactly what I did and my final settings for anyone who might be having trouble.

My PS4 Pro install went fine, but I had to wait overnight for the transfer from my PS4; 1.45TB of data took about 8hr using the backup/restore method on a 2TB external hard drive. Upon firing it up, I checked the video output settings, put everything on "Automatic", and found that I could have either 4K or HDR, but not both, getting the message:

Resolution: 3840 x 2160
Color Format: YUV420
HDR on Your TV: Only 2K Supported

Your TV might support a higher quality color format and 4K if you change its settings. Check your TV's settings.

I was irritated. I was all set to play The Last of Us, but no HDR was available. Disappointed Kate was disappointed. Long story short, i have gotten it running.

Here are the exact settings I have the TV and Pro set to to get access to 4K HDR:

PS4 Pro:

Settings/Sound and Screen/Video Output Settings:
All settings "Automatic".

Vizio P65 - C1 (Use the tablet app)

(Gear Icon)/Picture/Color Space = Auto
(Gear Icon)/Inputs/HDMI Color Subsampling: Select the Pro's HDMI input, and turn it on via the toggle. The toggle will stay in the right position and you'll get a popup on the TV saying "HDMI color subsampling is ON".

On your PS4 Pro: Settings/Sound and Screen/Video Output Settings/Video Output Information

It should read:

Color Format: RGB
HDR on Your TV: 2K/4K Supported
HDCP: 2.2

You should be good to go. The first time you run a game that supports HDR, it might ask you if you want to turn HDR on. If so, say yes, and it should change the global setting for all games.

I hope this helps.

Edit: To check if you are getting 4K and HDR, go to (gear icon)/System/System Informatiion/Display Information. Resolution and HDR on/off info is about halfway down the list. Check this with a game running and on screen, and make sure you go into video settings for the game and turn on HDR.

Last edited by KateM; 11-11-2016 at 07:32 AM.
post #33224 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin82485 View Post
Not sure if my eyes just suck, but I'm having a hard time noticing any difference with HDR on the PS4 Pro and P65. I'm using HDMI 3, I have subsampling turned on, everything regarding video is set to auto on the PS4, and I popped in Uncharted 4. In the game, you can turn HDR on or off. So, what I did was I looked at a certain scene and toggled HDR on and off, but like a said, I didn't see much if any difference. Having HDR on also seemed to created some intermittent screen flickering, and when HDR was off, there was no screen flicker.

Maybe I'm just looking for noticeable, contrasting differences in the wrong area of the game. Can someone recommend a spot in some level where it is easy to notice a difference when turning HDR on and off?
Same here. The only noticeable difference to me was if I directly looked at a light source (like a light or the sun). In HDR I could make out the shape of the light source better (instead of it just being a glowy area), and that's it. Haven't seen anything like what some others are reporting, like there being a noticeable difference/improvement even in the main menu of the game. And man I must've spent a good 6 hours yesterday just trying out different games in and out of HDR.
post #33225 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateM View Post
I came here looking for an answer to a problem I was having. Reading here identified the problem, but it took some trial and error and looking at a Vizio press release to find the right settings, so I thought I might post exactly what I did and my final settings for anyone who might be having trouble.

My PS4 Pro install went fine, but I had to wait overnight for the transfer from my PS4; 1.45TB of data took about 8hr using the backup/restore method on a 2TB external hard drive. Upon firing it up, I checked the video output settings, put everything on "Automatic", and found that I could have either 4K or HDR, but not both, getting the message:

Color Format: YUV420
HDR on Your TV: Only 2K Supported

Your TV might support a higher quality color format and 4K if you change its settings. Check your TV's settings.

I was irritated. I was all set to play The Last of Us, but no HDR was available. Disappointed Kate was disappointed. Long story short, i have gotten it running.

Here are the exact settings I have the TV and Pro set to to get access to 4K HDR:

PS4 Pro:

Settings/Sound and Screen/Video Output Settings:
All settings "Automatic".

Vizio P65 - C1 (Use the tablet app)

(Gear Icon)/Picture/Color Space = Auto
(Gear Icon)/Inputs/HDMI Color Subsampling: Select the Pro's HDMI input, and turn it on via the toggle. The toggle will stay in the right position and you'll get a popup on the TV saying "HDMI color subsampling is ON".

On your PS4 Pro: Settings/Sound and Screen/Video Output Settings/Video Output Information

It should read:

Color Format: RGB
HDR on Your TV: 2K/4K Supported
HDCP: 2.2

You should be good to go. The first time you run a game that supports HDR, it might ask you if you want to turn HDR on. If so, say yes, and it should change the global setting for all games.

I hope this helps.

Edit: To check if you are getting 4K and HDR, go to (gear icon)/System/System Informatiion/Display Information. Resolution and HDR on/off info is about halfway down the list. Check this with a game running and on screen, and make sure you go into video settings for the game and turn on HDR.
Okay... I'm having this same issue, and I'm pretty sure all that stuff is turned on on my TV, but I'll go back in and check. Have they updated the tablet app yet so that it no longer shows Color Subsampling as being off when it is, in reality, on?
post #33226 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3847 Post(s)
Liked: 3085
Quote:
These are working perfectly here in both 6 and 10 ft lengths.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Beat that price if you can.
post #33227 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_wal View Post
Okay... I'm having this same issue, and I'm pretty sure all that stuff is turned on on my TV, but I'll go back in and check. Have they updated the tablet app yet so that it no longer shows Color Subsampling as being off when it is, in reality, on?
Make sure you're using a high speed HDMI cable also. The one that came with the console is high speed.

The tablet app I have is indicating HDMI color subsampling on, but I can't speak for others.
post #33228 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
These are working perfectly here in both 6 and 10 ft lengths.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Beat that price if you can.
I've got the 15ft version and it works well.
post #33229 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
It irritates me to continue reading the argument that the device is not advertised for or intended for gaming. That's so ridiculous.

It never had to be advertised to support gaming. It's logically and entirely assumed that any television made and sold should be operable for gaming. There are hundreds of millions of gaming consoles out there in people's homes and gaming hardware continues to sell at an increasing rate.

Vizio specifically designed a game mode picture setting and an entire HDMI input for low input lag. This is for gaming. They made the device support 120 Hz input. This is for PC gaming. There is no other purpose for these features.
Yeah, I was so "wow'ed" by that stupidity that I took a break from here. Also, didn't appreciate people coming at me when I was trying to give some early insight into my results with the PS4 Pro pre-release.

It takes a big man to admit that he's wrong, I am not a big man!!

LD's- LD Collection

DVD's- DVD Collection
post #33230 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateM View Post
Make sure you're using a high speed HDMI cable also. The one that came with the console is high speed.

The tablet app I have is indicating HDMI color subsampling on, but I can't speak for others.
Yep; I've used both the cable that came with the system and the cable that came with the TV, both of which transmit 4K HDR on my Roku Premiere+, so I know it's not the cable, and that input does HDR on my Roku, so I'm also not sure that it's that.
post #33231 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Let's move on please. The ps4pro works. Everything before it's release was speculation and quick to judgement.
What a great day out today!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #33232 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 27
So I had the weird black screen with audio bug for PS4 Pro and just changed TV modes and the picture showed up. It might be that simple for some people. It was for me!
post #33233 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 63
sorry if this has been brought up already, but when you search for youtube hdr all it brings up are the PS4 threads.

Does the built in Chromecast support HDR yet? If so from what device? I tried from my iPhone and Tablet (using Youtube) and all I can get it to output is 4K.

Vizio P65-C1 (2016 - Dolby Vision/HDR10)
Denon AVR-X2200W
Klipsch Quintet III's + Klipsch R-12SW 5.1
Apple TV 4K | XBox One S | HDHomeRun Prime w/ FiOS
Silverback S6 HDMI Cables
post #33234 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashmagazine View Post
sorry if this has been brought up already, but when you search for youtube hdr all it brings up are the PS4 threads.

Does the built in Chromecast support HDR yet? If so from what device? I tried from my iPhone and Tablet (using Youtube) and all I can get it to output is 4K.
No, it doesn't.
post #33235 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashmagazine View Post

The only current device to support Youtube HDR is Chromecast Ultra.
An
post #33236 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_wal View Post
Yep; I've used both the cable that came with the system and the cable that came with the TV, both of which transmit 4K HDR on my Roku Premiere+, so I know it's not the cable, and that input does HDR on my Roku, so I'm also not sure that it's that.
Sorry I wasn't able to help. The only other thing I can think of might be how it's connected. Are you going through an AVR or connecting directly to the HDMI port on the TV? If you're going through an AVR, you might try connecting directly to the TV using any HDMI port except HDMI 5.

I hope you find a solution. Wish I could help.
post #33237 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by abouttreefitty View Post
No, it doesn't.
Will it eventually?

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #33238 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post
Will it eventually?
Nothing has been announced, so your guess is as good as mine.
post #33239 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I'm sure they MUST have plans for it. It's an HDR tv, no way they built it with that not in mind...

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #33240 of 64109 Old 11-11-2016, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post
Will it eventually?
According to info in this thread, no it will not. The tvs casting feature uses a different older type of codec that is not supported by Youtube HDR.
reallynotnick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page